Question for the Mods

DeletedUser2918

You are telling me upgrading from IE6 to IE8 is a multi-million project? For god sake, pay me a tenner for each computer I upgrade from IE6 to IE8, I'll do it for all one million of your computers in that company, and get paid £10 million to do so.

How useless and incompetent are you? Get your own computer then. Even I have a laptop and I'm a financially restrained student.

Pathetic excuse LB, I expected better from someone who "works in a multimillion pound project" or whatnot.

errrr what?!?!?

i'm kind of hoping that was a joke response Ade :icon_redface:....but if not.

1) yes he was telling you that upgrading is a multi million pound project. By your own calculation of £10million you would seem to agree with him despite the sarcasm (10 millions being 'multi' million of course :icon_rolleyes:)
2) you cant use your own computer on a company network. And lugging around your own seperate laptop into the office rather defeats the object of a browser based game doesnt it? i might as well just bring in my PS3/ xbox in to work and plug that into the monitor if i'm going to make it THAT obvious.....

i'm afraid you're just going to have to accept that some companies dont upgrade their browsers. And i'm not sure that going to the MoD IT department with the case of "can we updgrade our browsers or will you let me use Opera. I know no-one else is complaining (including our own IT security department) but TribalWars doesnt support IE6" :lol:

DeletedUser8468

I still fail to see the benefits of the Account Manager. Apart from the Notifications section, the rest seems to be completely useless and mind boggling difficult and complicated. What a waste of money! I am bitterly disappointed....was looking forward to this so much.

DeletedUser5175

You are telling me upgrading from IE6 to IE8 is a multi-million project? For god sake, pay me a tenner for each computer I upgrade from IE6 to IE8, I'll do it for all one million of your computers in that company, and get paid £10 million to do so.

How useless and incompetent are you? Get your own computer then. Even I have a laptop and I'm a financially restrained student.

Pathetic excuse LB, I expected better from someone who "works in a multimillion pound project" or whatnot.

EDIT:

Glad to see LastApparatus back on board, he's an excellent scripter, and I hope he will get the scripts back on track soon enough. Patience and restraint are advised to those awaiting the scripts compatible with V7.

Ade as luke has already mentioned you really don't have the first clue - come back after you've worked for a company as you say your a student you know nothing about it :lol:

DeletedUser

[th] You have the same say as every other member. The older members just don't have the majority anymore. Therefore InnoGames won't remove features, just because they don't like it, they are listening - to the majority.

[/th]

WI is old, closing down and mostly populated by older members. In this world at least, our opinions should hold some validity. It seems that the majority don't like the changes.
Many of us use this site as a social network, where we make friends, (or foes) and exchange news, views and banter. We regard TW as a browser game where we pit wits, cunning and personal strengths against each other. To achieve this we tolerate the tedium of building villages, creating resources and installing the population. Without scripts this boredom would be intolerable. Attempting to replace scripts with an inefficient Account Manager is verging on extortion. Such disruptions at this stage in this world were completely unneccessary.
I'm not sure what my next step will be. I'll probably soldier on until my current P.A. runs out. Then I'll invest my next £50 in a high graphic online action game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4

WI is old, closing down and mostly populated by older members. In this world at least, our opinions should hold some validity. It seems that the majority don't like the changes.
Many of us use this site as a social network, where we make friends, (or foes) and exchange news, views and banter. We regard TW as a browser game where we pit wits, cunning and personal strengths against each other. To achieve this we tolerate the tedium of building villages, creating resources and installing the population. Without scripts this boredom would be intolerable. Attempting to replace scripts with an inefficient Account Manager is verging on extortion. Such disruptions at this stage in this world were completely unneccessary.
I'm not sure what my next step will be. I'll probably soldier on until my current P.A. runs out. Then I'll invest my next £50 in a high graphic online action game.

[tt]As already stated by many you do not need to activate the account manager that is down to pure choice, and scripts will be sorted as fast as is humanly possible for LA to do them[/tt]

DeletedUser

I still fail to see the benefits of the Account Manager. Apart from the Notifications section, the rest seems to be completely useless and mind boggling difficult and complicated. What a waste of money! I am bitterly disappointed....was looking forward to this so much.

You tell me this wont be abused btw - getting an email for an incoming when your not logged in is in essence a great idea. That said, 10 people all set it up and auto forward the reports to each other. Due to the email saying where the attack is coming from and from what village its going to - you could stack it without the player even being attacked having to log on!

If anyone hasn't seen what the email looks like;

Hello HMRC,
your account is currently being attacked. You can see all incoming attacks at the following link:

http://uk6.tribalwars.co.uk/game.php?screen=overview_villages&mode=incomings

Your village 017. Big Hill is being attacked:
HMRC - 018. Liver Hill (566|568) K55 -> 017. Big Hill (565|568) K55 - today at 00:21:15

If you want to log in immediately, use the following link:
http://uk6.tribalwars.co.uk/login.php?user=HMRC&passwordetc blah blah

Have fun!
Tribal Wars

DeletedUser589

errrr what?!?!?

1) yes he was telling you that upgrading is a multi million pound project. By your own calculation of £10million you would seem to agree with him despite the sarcasm (10 millions being 'multi' million of course :icon_rolleyes:)
2) you cant use your own computer on a company network. And lugging around your own seperate laptop into the office rather defeats the object of a browser based game doesnt it? i might as well just bring in my PS3/ xbox in to work and plug that into the monitor if i'm going to make it THAT obvious.....

i'm afraid you're just going to have to accept that some companies dont upgrade their browsers. And i'm not sure that going to the MoD IT department with the case of "can we updgrade our browsers or will you let me use Opera. I know no-one else is complaining (including our own IT security department) but TribalWars doesnt support IE6" :lol:

No point in trying to teach him chris. He is at uni and thinks he knows everything. Unfortunately Adellion you are so wrong its actually hilarious but you won't realise until you grow up an enter the world of work. Not every company and office is as simple as downloading a new browser, most the top firms and companies use browsers for specific reasons. Im happy to school you in a private chat if you still are struggling with this simple fact.

PS I have no issues with it obviously as I have multiple browsing systems on my personal laptop. So need for the insults just cause you are wrong !

DeletedUser

errrr what?!?!?

My apologies. Perhaps I have yet to see what a company works like.

However, in such a circumstance; I would quit immediately, and not play TW ever again. I would move on with my life if that is the case. Or just resign myself to playing inactively.

DeletedUser

New report pictures are lovely, i'm sure the parents of the 12 year olds who were "pick tested" will be impressed.

DeletedUser

New report pictures are lovely, i'm sure the parents of the 12 year olds who were "pick tested" will be impressed.

I disabled them because they interfere with the Battle Report Evaluator; can cheese modify it so that classical graphics are not needed?

DeletedUser8800

can i say i love the new version tell you why lol
im rubbish with computers and couldnt use a script even if i tried
so i do everything manually
so to me this is an even playing field now lol

DeletedUser5175

can i say i love the new version tell you why lol
im rubbish with computers and couldnt use a script even if i tried
so i do everything manually
so to me this is an even playing field now lol

PM me i'll teach you, if you can copy, paste and click your mouse you can use scripts :)

DeletedUser8800

i tried the account manger and hated it
yes over the years i can now copy and paste cant click a mouse though as i have laptop lmao

DeletedUser5175

rofl fair play

pm me tho i'll have no trouble setting you scripts up, there surprising simple to use, the complicated bit is making them - which we luckily dont have to do, using them is really easy :)

DeletedUser

My apologies. Perhaps I have yet to see what a company works like.

However, in such a circumstance; I would quit immediately, and not play TW ever again. I would move on with my life if that is the case. Or just resign myself to playing inactively.

If a student can go out on the razzle week in week out, and the chap working down the road can go out once a month, who's more cash affluent ade? Your student existence shouldn't be mocked, make the most of it, and never complain because in the end of the day instead of playing this game you could be forced to work like alot of other students!!

As for working life - you admit you know nothing about it, why comment?

DeletedUser

If a student can go out on the razzle week in week out, and the chap working down the road can go out once a month, who's more cash affluent ade? Your student existence shouldn't be mocked, make the most of it, and never complain because in the end of the day instead of playing this game you could be forced to work like alot of other students!!

As for working life - you admit you know nothing about it, why comment?

Uhm... comparing a rich student to a poorer worker will yield your example; its not a viable reason. Some students barely have money to make ends meet.

And I have my reasons for not working as a student; you will have to accept they are good ones, but I will not disclose them.

DeletedUser6695

He doesn't need to work cause he has slaves :(

Also LA fox those scripts god dammit :p

DeletedUser

Uhm... comparing a rich student to a poorer worker will yield your example; its not a viable reason. Some students barely have money to make ends meet.

And I have my reasons for not working as a student; you will have to accept they are good ones, but I will not disclose them.

Some students do - but when you work out the average wage for a uk citizen (when you exclude footballers - amazing eh?) is a measly 13k a year - and then work out paying council tax, full bills, feeding a family, paying the internet etc and you'll hopefully start to realise how hard other peoples financial lives actually are. Maybe then you'll also take stead when taking an arrogant high ground with regards to other people as it isn't necessarily warranted all the time..

DeletedUser589

Ummmmmm what the hell is up with the crappy night time map? I cant see shizzle!
At first I thought my laptop screen had completed died on me! But no, its the useless colours!!

Please innogames fire your designer!!

DeletedUser

Some students do - but when you work out the average wage for a uk citizen (when you exclude footballers - amazing eh?) is a measly 13k a year - and then work out paying council tax, full bills, feeding a family, paying the internet etc and you'll hopefully start to realise how hard other peoples financial lives actually are. Maybe then you'll also take stead when taking an arrogant high ground with regards to other people as it isn't necessarily warranted all the time..

Some people have certain reasons. :icon_confused:

Ummmmmm what the hell is up with the crappy night time map? I cant see shizzle!
At first I thought my laptop screen had completed died on me! But no, its the useless colours!!

Please innogames fire your designer!!

:lol: I quite liked it actually!