Question for the Mods

DeletedUser

I was on W7 for a grand-total of about 30 minutes before I decided to quit again (I know, give it chance!) but yeah, didn't like it one bit and it seems like I'm not the only one.

DeletedUser

Ummmmmm what the hell is up with the crappy night time map? I cant see shizzle!
At first I thought my laptop screen had completed died on me! But no, its the useless colours!!

Please innogames fire your designer!!

LMAO ditto i thought the same when i first joined w7, I thought what the hell even slammed my laptop thinking this damn slow thing.

terrible design try not to farm much at night, cos alliance and brown look the same.

DeletedUser4

At first I thought my laptop screen had completed died on me! But no, its the useless colours!!

[tt]Settings > Settings and turn it off one of the top options :) [/tt]

DeletedUser

What because I said tuff, my customer service skills are being assessed? I for one have nothing to do with v7, I moderate forums. And to remind you, I do this on a volunteering basis, and gain nothing from working on the team. Apart from the abuse, this is a bonus.

Whether or Not this is voluntary - it would appear that it would be wise for InnoGames to invest in customer service training skills.

These statements are prue and utter inflammatory'

To use your analogy of sky sports - I the customer can choose to no longer invest in that service.

InnoGames I am sure wishes to have continual growth - This growth is ensured by the investment of the customer.

If the customer is giving you feed back that they are not happy with the product - it is in the best interest of the developers/game providers to at lest look into how this can be changed, that is if they wish their product to remain viable in the market place.

I have now seen tracey comments re you are looking into scripts which is great news.
That information would have saved lots of axiety if one of the mod's could have comunicated that earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You know what's good? I have no freaking clue how V7 looks like :D

Meh, good luck to those who aren't happy with it and the people who are working on it to make things easier.

DeletedUser

@ ade, thing is about most businesses they like stability. Having the same equipment and software working in a dependable way that they can regulate, moderate and maintain. In a college or university they try an keep themselves at the forefront of technology or teaching so they will invest in the latest as that is the function. Admittedly they will spend what they can afford. In business I can tell you for a fact that in non public facing offices you will not see furniture replaced unless it is beyond all forms of repair and hardware not upgraded since windows 2000 was released still running on xp.

an 8-15 year cycle is quite likely the norm for these businesses.

On topic

I think that there only needs to be a two or three changes to mass recruiter. 1 a button that allows recruit all at the bottom so you input the numbers for all villages and the press recruit all rather then having to keep pressing the button.

2. A template recruit which allows you to chose the numbers based on the minimum recruitable allowed from the villages sellected from tick boxes. For example each village has a tick box, select five out of your 100 and the template shows the minimum numbers recruitable and then you just enter what you want recruited and then press recruit next to the template it recruits for the villages

3. A favourit templates sections where you group your villages together and so you can recruit together. Could allow a copy group option for shareing resources between your villages in the resource ballancer. Just a suggestion. Hope it helps.

Nauzhror

Reaction score

I actually very much dislike the night map as well, I don't mind most of 7.0's design changes, but that is one change that I very much do dislike.

The following script should turn it off though:

Code:
javascript:TWMap.night = false;

PS: I'm not in any way insinuating you should need to use a script each time to turn it off, I fully think it should be a configurable setting to turn it off permanently, but for the time being the script is the best I can offer.

The following is an option as well:

Classic graphics: Classic graphics mode which deactivates the new graphics features

Checking that on the settings page will turn the night map off, but it also turns off the images in reports, and in a few other places (barracks, stable, workshop, etc.), I'd like to see the night map an independent option though for those that dislike it, but don't necessarily dislike everything else.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Some students do - but when you work out the average wage for a uk citizen (when you exclude footballers - amazing eh?) is a measly 13k a year - and then work out paying council tax, full bills, feeding a family, paying the internet etc and you'll hopefully start to realise how hard other peoples financial lives actually are. Maybe then you'll also take stead when taking an arrogant high ground with regards to other people as it isn't necessarily warranted all the time..

Uhh... average wages for a UK citizen are more around 20k a year, not 13k. Students have to pay council tax, internet, bills and whatnot. I certainly do. Your point?

Don't be such a noob and simply hate students because of what they are. Students are the reason why this country has not been completely screwed up.

DeletedUser

Uhh... average wages for a UK citizen are more around 20k a year, not 13k. Students have to pay council tax, internet, bills and whatnot. I certainly do. Your point?

Don't be such a noob and simply hate students because of what they are. Students are the reason why this country has not been completely screwed up.

Depends on which mathematical average you are refering to. timmyhill probably refers to the most common, you probably refer to total wage of all workers divided by number of workers. The former is the real world the later is what governments try and use to say that people arnt suffering.

Also question your last sentance. How?

DeletedUser7210

On reading the complaints and dissatisfaction of the new version 7 i do not think even the red circle of death on the xbox created such a furore. In general huge changes are never accepted with good grace by the masses as is human instinct for repetition irrespective of change being necessary in many aspects. We are an intelligent species and can quickly adapt to any changes. I must admit to find this amusing that as a whole it is the people who play the game at work who appear to be the most disgruntled to to the usual company servers being outadated. Not a dig at you at all Ade, but we know they will not change browsers and it is instant dismissal in most companies to even send a personal email let alone to download anything at all as the IT teams monitor all. That said, i find it a kind of touche that those who sit in a cosy office every day no longer has the advantage over those who have no access to a computer during working hours and without intent gives a more even footing to all players. I think you should feel yourself lucky that you have the opportunity to 'play' in working hours because when i had my own business if i found my employees playing games and not doing there job i paid them to do i would have dismissed them immediately. No single person is at a disadvantage with the script problems and as far as the change of the layout - get over it and become accustomed to the new one as it is much more aesthetically pleasing to the eye. I think we also need to realise that the UK server is miniscule in comparison to .netTW and these updates are worldwide and not merely for us. Scripts may not be working as such at present but this issue is being dealt with as fast as is humanly possible from what i have interpreted. The account manager is an optional extra that does not have to be purchased but like all new technology has bugs initially. When i first bought windows vista i could get no software as all was still geared up for XP and who would go back to XP or even windows 2000 now? At the end of the day it is a game, hobby, pastime, pleasure and fun to play and i personally believe that the new package will entice more new players to join whether they be 12 or 80 is irrelevant as it brings new blood and challenges from the monotony of the same old faces.
feel free to flame me all you like, it is only my opinion

DeletedUser8468

Scripts can be and will be fixed and updated to work. It's just a matter of waiting.

I just hope the Account Manager is given some attention too, as it is appalling and such a waste of money.

DeletedUser

Just wanted to say that really made my day, thanks :)

Kudos to you and TWstats developers who have worked hard on that site. It is now possible to see the amount of barbs taken by a certain tribe in a graphical, easy-to-see way (if that makes sense).

DeletedUser

[th]Yes, you'll have to buy premium as they want to have testers for both - paying and non-paying customers. And yes, that's something, which I already complained towards InnoGames as well. (Actually before the beta servers were public even.)[/th]

Small remark here: We do actually give out free premium - 14 days to be precise - on the Beta, on a monthly basis.

DeletedUser589

I actually very much dislike the night map as well, I don't mind most of 7.0's design changes, but that is one change that I very much do dislike.

The following script should turn it off though:

Code:
javascript:TWMap.night = false;

PS: I'm not in any way insinuating you should need to use a script each time to turn it off, I fully think it should be a configurable setting to turn it off permanently, but for the time being the script is the best I can offer.

The following is an option as well:

Classic graphics: Classic graphics mode which deactivates the new graphics features

Checking that on the settings page will turn the night map off, but it also turns off the images in reports, and in a few other places (barracks, stable, workshop, etc.), I'd like to see the night map an independent option though for those that dislike it, but don't necessarily dislike everything else.

I agree that it should be a separate option as I too like the new pics. Adds a bit more to the experience. Thanks for the script

DeletedUser6617

I guess I am one of the very few people that actually likes the new version lol
I use Opera, and most of my scripts work the way they are supposed to :)
And I just love the new map where you can drag instead of click :)

DeletedUser

^^^ Nope your not alone,

I love the new version to, really do, not saying it cos I'm a mod or cos you think I'm supposed to. But Since trying the beta about 3 months ago I have been looking forward to quiet a few of V7's features. the scrolling map, multiple note pad tabs. the attack from map link etc, and the tribal war declaration being some of them, and thats not even mentioning the added benefits you cant see, like the added stability. I know people had reservations originally but I'm sure they are less of issue now and people after playing with the new version after a few weeks might like it as much as I do... Originally when I tried it I was lost
icon_redface.gif

DeletedUser

There I things I do and don't like. For the most part its the new graphics, the will probably grow on me though.
There seems to be excessive lag when loading overviews though. They used to load 3x faster then they do now. I think that needs to be addressed for one.
I do like the scrolling map and notebooks.
Rearraging everything is a nightmare though, as I play .net worlds still not updated yet. Having all the links, overviews, map, reports, mail, etc moved around all over the place is a right pain in the rear end.

Question about the Beta, how does the feedback work?

Last edited by a moderator: