Uk8 Coplayer discussion

DeletedUser

Not at all. I've read the posts.

All you've agreed is that everyone has ability to get a co play. And there are advantages to it.

As I said everyone has external committments and yet most choose not to co play. You shouldn't need to be on an account 2+ hours a day to run 20 villages.

So the advantage you get from it is that you get to farm constantly. More resource and therefore a self forefilling prophecy. Add to that that most players consolidate and therefore just having a push account. Which is why the top 20 is littered with co players.

It's not against rules. But maybe it should be. They have a problem with people multi accounting, when concept is pretty much the same thing.

DeletedUser

No, you clearly can't read. And need to stop making ridiculous assumptions which are obviously incorrect.

DeletedUser9077

All you've agreed is that everyone has ability to get a co play. And there are advantages to it.

As I said everyone has external committments and yet most choose not to co play. You shouldn't need to be on an account 2+ hours a day to run 20 villages.

So the advantage you get from it is that you get to farm constantly. More resource and therefore a self forefilling prophecy. Add to that that most players consolidate and therefore just having a push account. Which is why the top 20 is littered with co players.

It's not against rules. But maybe it should be. They have a problem with people multi accounting, when concept is pretty much the same thing.

I wonder sometimes if you say things just to get a reaction.

current top 20, 1 merged account

Rank Name
1 Meh Meh Meh not merged
2 IXXXI
3 shivatasic not merged
4 Locutas of Borg not merged
5 Iron Brew not merged
6 skel not merged
7 suneilsetiya not merged
8 gotcha! not merged
9 Purple WKD not merged
10 -dorian- not merged
11 rockerdish not merged
12 Bazza The Brave not merged
13 Gruz not merged
14 deathstalker20 not merged
15 Ruffus not merged
16 lewi192 not merged
17 Nibbler not merged
18 XuZxa not merged
19 Event Horizon not merged
20 craig123 not merged

I have no need to coplay, you have no need to coplay, but some people do have a need and some choose to. I understand its difficult for you, but try to think about people who are in different situations to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'd rather think about the players that are put at a disadvantage because they don't want to co play.

There comittments are no different to any player or co player on that list

DeletedUser8468

You have just shown to me that you have actually not read the thread, as your understanding of what has been said seems to be about maybe 2-3 posts.

Wow 2+ hours a day? Maybe for 20 villages, and if the 2 hours is spread around in say 10-15 mins slots. Come 100-500 villages and actually in a war, and your two hours needs to be multiplied by 8-12 times just to stay alive and not lose villages. Try dealing with 1500 incomings with 2+ hours a day.

Again this has intensly been discussed in the past. Farming, even late game takes absolute minimal time if done even half correct. A couple of 5 minutes logins is all that is needed. Most people don't take co players for the extra farming. I was out farming co played accounts on UK6 whilst playing solo, almost daily, even when ranked around 15-20.

I'd argue by the very design of the game demanding so much time to function properly, especially late game, even if just to survive, means the game is completely designed for co players. Otherwise it's expected that one player can play an online game for about 15-20 hours a day? Hardly!!!

I'll state again, just to add effect, you clearly have not read all this thread as your bringing nothing new to the discussion, and not countering any arguements put forward already.

DeletedUser9077

Yes, but everyone has the option to get a co player if they need.

However, whether you like to think so or not everyones commitments are not the same.

I can be online all day, same as you, I co play on 2 worlds, neither of my coplayers can be online for more than 2-3 hour slots per day being offline for 21-22hrs at least 5 days a week means they need coplayers or they dont play, so they CHOOSE to find coplayers.

So I would rather think of those that want, but cant find a coplayer, rather than those that decide they dont want one and are happy to be offline for long periods of time.

DeletedUser9077

Otherwise it's expected that one player can play an online game for about 15-20 hours a day? Hardly!!!

Thats the problem, like me, he can be online most of the day, so cannot understand why others cant be. After all we ALL work from home or for ourselves [this is sarcasm btw].

DeletedUser

Theres a presumption that everyone has the option to get a co play. Which they don't. New players to the game don't have that option.

I could be on 24/7 I guess. I have currently played 4 minutes today. recruited sent an attack and some minor farming.

How do you learn the game if you are being attacked by someone with full coverage.

Surely logic is if you don't feel you have time to play. Don't play.

So if your saying co playing is level playing feild. It simply isn't true.

DeletedUser9077

It's not a presumption, I did say I would rather think of those that want, but cant get.

Logic says if there is an option to get a co and you want to play you get a co.

Being a coplayed account isnt what gives you full coverage, you have it and your not coplayed, I have it and dont need to be coplayed, so why is it worse for a coplayed account to attack a new player than for you or I? It isn't.

New players learn regardless of whether they win or loose, they're gaining experience, if we where to go down that route there would need to be a world just for new players, but what are they going to learn if there are no experienced/semi experienced players in their tribe.

Banning coplayed accounts wouldnt give these players any more of a chance against active solo'd accounts.

DeletedUser

The more time you have to play the more you learn.

Co play accounts advance much faster. Therefore cutting there learning experience.

I want to play solo and fight on a level playing feild. Banning co plays would fix that.

DeletedUser

I want to play solo and fight on a level playing feild. Banning co plays would fix that.

No it wouldn't. It would just give you the upper hand, since as you said you could be online 24/7. Doesn't sound much like a "fair and level playing field" when players can stay on their accounts 24/7 meanwhile the majority of other players don't have access but for maybe 6 hours. Hence co-playing makes it a more level playing field.

DeletedUser

Yes that's right. I could be,

Go back to the comittment bit and reread. Because you seem to have circum navigated that.

DeletedUser

Oh that's right I forgot...EVERYONE has the same commitments according to you :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Well that is my job to read :) Fortunately though, this game isn't about your views on what everyone's commitments are or should be, so thankfully co-playing will always remain a huge part of TW, as it has been since it started :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

It hasn't since it started. It actually started change when the rules on push accounts changed a couple of years ago.

DeletedUser

Umm no, co-playing has always been a part of TW. There were just quite a few different means of "co-playing", but the act of 2 or more people taking turns playing an account has been here, at least since I started playing back in 2006.

DeletedUser

You were whining about comittments. The ones that everyone has.

Most choose not to co play, even with those comittments.

Your rabbling aboot nothing again, at least try come up with a decent argument.

I never said everyone has commitments, and I never said it on purpose because thats just not true everyone has diffrent commitments, they have diffrent lives.

Never whined either...I stated facts :)

You say most choose not to, but yet I believe its more the fact not everyone knows you can co-play.

Lol what?? no its not the two are completly seprate and diffrent, here I'll show you why.

Co-playing- 2 or more players on the one account.
Multi-accounting- 1 player 2 or more accounts on the same world.

Both extremly diffrent

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Are you thick or just extremely narrow-minded? Judging from your post hereand in this thread, probably the former. You claim you've read this thread, but all your doing is repeating the points already refuted in this thread.

The game was designed one player one account.

Not, it wasn't. Re-read the thread. You didn't design this game, you have no basis to say what Innogames intentions were.

Yes I could climb the rankings by getting someone else to do the work for me. But I am capable of doing it myself.

I seriously doubt that, your posts seem to reflect of those of substandard players who fail to do well and then blame that fact on coplayers. Please, point out which worlds you have been rank 1 on.

I'd rather think about the players that are put at a disadvantage because they don't want to co play.

*sigh* Re-read the thread. Why think about the players who choose do disadvantage themselves? Why should the rest of us suffer when everyone should have the option

/facepalm The main point which makes me severely doubt your intelligence. Are you really deluded in thinking that everyone has the same commitments? That 14 year old school boy can be on for the same time as the student finishing his third year in Uni? That the guy with a job in an office where he can check up on TW every hour or so is on during the same times as the manual workers who spend the whole day outside? You seriously need to re-think what you wrote, and think twice before you post again.

Surely logic is if you don't feel you have time to play. Don't play.

So if your saying co playing is level playing feild. It simply isn't true.

By your logic, if you don't feel the need to coplay, don't play.

Coplaying doesn't level the playing field, but gives the opportunity of the playing field being leveled, much more so than banning coplaying. Please, read the thread.

It hasn't since it started. It actually started change when the rules on push accounts changed a couple of years ago.

No, it didn't. Coplaying was always legal as TW appreciated that people have the right to enjoy themselves and have a life. :icon_rolleyes:

I honestly don't know if you're extremely narrow-minded, trolling or just stupid. Please actually read the thread, because irregardless of what you say, you obviously haven't. If you can think of a valid point to add to this discussion, please post it. If you continue to spout the same things people have said in this thread, I'll be ignoring your post and I'm sure other people will soon adopt the same attitude.

DeletedUser

Yes sure.

I'm top 20 and play 30 mins a day.

If anyone needs someone to co play for 15 minutes a day they are just noobs. As it always used to be.

If you needed help you weren't just a noob, you were lazy too