48hrs and....... Nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

TeaAndCrumpets and Bergkamp1010...

If you can't see how that was a needless comment from someone associated with the game, then there's no hope.

It's easier just not adding an inflammatory dig and let people at least appreciate that an effort was made to acknowledge the problem.

Get over yourselves.

Ah see, my comment was in response to a comment which has since been removed, therefore making me look silly.

I still can't understand the need nor point of this thread tho.

DeletedUser

Off Topic .but ive been sitting here waiting fo the end of the world or half price nobles ..whichever comes first

Okay carry on .

P.S looking at some of the replies on here i feel like Cole Sear in The Sixth Sense "i see dead people " sorry accounts still trying to keep a high profile ..

DeletedUser

In that case, apologies, Bergkamp1010.

I'm actually inclined to agree - I'm presuming now that enough players have made a noise about the issue, it'll be sorted. Eventually. :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

There is the sum total of 1 yes 1 script not in the approved scripts - the mass recruitment script for v7. Reading the link to it in the main forum will show that it is legal and approved by the mods.

When all this started I sent in a ticket asking if the scripts I was using were legal and was assured they were - they included a sorter not on the list as well as they mass recruitment script (which means at least two scripts, Thunder!). Mass recruitment is now on the sticky saying that it is temporarily approved (Would it be possible for the mods to send out a message to the worlds if that situation changes?) but there is still no approved sorter on the list. I've been offered an update to what I have, which I've put in another ticket about, to be sure it is okay.

Yes, it's more work for the mods doing this, but as I'd been assured the other was alright and neither is on the list, better safe than sorry.

DeletedUser

When all this started I sent in a ticket asking if the scripts I was using were legal and was assured they were - they included a sorter not on the list as well as they mass recruitment script (which means at least two scripts, Thunder!). Mass recruitment is now on the sticky saying that it is temporarily approved (Would it be possible for the mods to send out a message to the worlds if that situation changes?) but there is still no approved sorter on the list. I've been offered an update to what I have, which I've put in another ticket about, to be sure it is okay.

Yes, it's more work for the mods doing this, but as I'd been assured the other was alright and neither is on the list, better safe than sorry.

Tbh you have quite possibly made the most sensible post I have seen since this debacle started.

You made the right call, if in doubt, ask the question and save the answer.

+rep to you my friend

Berg

DeletedUser

Good point.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for being more sarcastic than helpful. One thing you should know about me is that I have real trouble with sincerity, even (especially?) when at my most genuine, people think I'm being sarcastic. Its a curse!

I should really go around and kick the ingame mods for raising ingame script issues (that had been outstanding for months) just as I take a break!

The Tw developers are continuously improving and developing the ingame admin tools that the mods use to detect rule breaking. So, please re-read the rules and make sure that you are playing within them. If the script you are using isn't in the approved list then its not approved and sooner or later you'll have a ban.

Rally Point scripts have never and will never be allowed on this server. It is one of the distinctive characteristics of the UK server and is not going to change. We are going to be bringing in some new and interesting scripts in the near future, mostly stuff to help lower the bar for script use, providing more in game script help, installation and configuration etc etc etc.

I also appreciate that the UK needs a decent tagger and command renamer, and these two scripts are high up on my to do list.

DeletedUser

Thanks for taking the time to reply SlowTarget, I think the answer to most questions can be found in your sig.

DeletedUser

We are going to be bringing in some new and interesting scripts in the near future, mostly stuff to help lower the bar for script use, providing more in game script help, installation and configuration etc etc etc.

I also appreciate that the UK needs a decent tagger and command renamer, and these two scripts are high up on my to do list.

Very much liking the sound of this!

DeletedUser

Berg, Thunder, no offence taken at all as I know that wasnt your intention.

My simple point was that despite all the postings, suggestions, mails etc to the MODS, after 48hrs one of the issues highlighted had still not been resolved

Perhaps its my work background etc but to me 48hrs for a problem that has a solution which could be implemented in one hour is frankly inadequate

I will applaud the mods for having since resolved this to some issue.

Slow Target, I have no issue with you having a holiday etc, all are entitled to that. But in my work and pretty much every job in the country when someone goes on holiday we have what we call holiday cover, ie someone that covers your role. Clearly this isnt happening and as a result an issue occured.

Meechan, frankly your comments are weak and ill minded, I havent been banned, I havent used Rally point scripts, nor do I encourage them ANYWHERE in any of my comments or do I even defend them. If you and the rest wish to chat about things in Skype at least get your facts right.....

My simple and quickly resovable concern was that constantly we are pointed to the "RULES", these rules then point us at a thread, NOT a forum but a thread. This thread was then in turn OUTDATED and OLD. So infact was giving wrong information.

Now perhaps wasnt the case here, but if I as a player had been picked up for a script that was "apparently" illegal and pointed to a "thread" that was outdated via the rules, I do believe a Lawyer would have a field day with that!

Now since then it appears the MODS have made an effort to clear this up so in all fairness my thread can be closed.

My reasons for a new thread are personal. I wont go into it here as it isnt the place for it and these will be mailed to Tracey seperately.

DeletedUser

Meechan, frankly your comments are weak and ill minded, I havent been banned, I havent used Rally point scripts, nor do I encourage them ANYWHERE in any of my comments or do I even defend them. If you and the rest wish to chat about things in Skype at least get your facts right.....

My facts ? lolol

Show me where I posted that it was you who was banned? Show me where I said you were using rally point scripts? Or for that matter where I said you encouraged the use of them?

Oh wait...thats right I never did :icon_rolleyes:

Theres nothing 'apparently' illegal about any scripts, there either Legal or not. Also OMG a lawyer analogy?? This is a online browswer game m8...a GAME.
Niether is the Scripts thread old, so a script was left out of the lineup and hadn't been added in. Not that it not being there had anything to do with anyone being punished for an illegal script( Which insidently all this fuss your making was about)

Sure you say my comment was weak and ill minded? In what way exactly, because I have a diffrent opinion from you?
All youv done is whine whine whine, 'Oh Noez 48hours derp derp!!!!1111!'

Youv'e took one thing- Players getting banned for having illegal scripts(used or not they were there) and blew it into this massive thing, then made out its the mod's fault for not updating a thread with 1 script that I can gaurantee wasn't the issue of the player/s getting banned. The peple you shoucl be blaming is those who are using the illegal scripts. Its not hard to check a thread or mail a mod or skype them and check if one is legal or not.

Give it a rest

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My facts ? lolol

Show me where I posted that it was you who was banned? Show me where I said you were using rally point scripts? Or for that matter where I said you encouraged the use of them?

Oh wait...thats right I never did :icon_rolleyes:

Theres nothing 'apparently' illegal about any scripts, there either Legal or not. Also OMG a lawyer analogy?? This is a online browswer game m8...a GAME.
Niether is the Scripts thread old, so a script was left out of the lineup and hadn't been added in. Not that it not being there had anything to do with anyone being punished for an illegal script( Which insidently all this fuss your making was about)

Sure you say my comment was weak and ill minded? In what way exactly, because I have a diffrent opinion from you?
All youv done is whine whine whine, 'Oh Noez 48hours derp derp!!!!1111!'

Youv'e took one thing- Players getting banned for having illegal scripts(used or not they were there) and blew it into this massive thing, then made out its the mod's fault for not updating a thread with 1 script that I can gaurantee wasn't the issue of the player/s getting banned. The peple you shoucl be blaming is those who are using the illegal scripts. Its not hard to check a thread or mail a mod or skype them and check if one is legal or not.

Give it a rest
Meechan, i completely agree with you! A whole big fuss has been made over 1 script, the page wasnt old, it was missing 1 thing.
And BaskB, the players were not banned because of that, as i know some of them, and it was a COMPLETELY different thing. This thread was a complete waste of time as it was just stating that 48 hours has passed - you could have put that in the other thread perhaps? Or maybe not even said it at all, as these things take time! So if you had just given it that time, and stopped wasting ours, we would all have been OK by now!
Ryan

DeletedUser

Ryan, the other thread had been closed. Also, there have been multiple reasons for people being banned, and scripts was one of them. That it wasn't the case amongst those of your acquaintance doesn't mean that their experience was the only type that occurred ;)

DeletedUser

Ryan, the other thread had been closed. Also, there have been multiple reasons for people being banned, and scripts was one of them. That it wasn't the case amongst those of your acquaintance doesn't mean that their experience was the only type that occurred ;)

None of the threads are about those other reasons though are they, there all based around the issue of scripts.(or I should say imo the non-issue about scripts)

DeletedUser589

Hi slowtarget, thanks for posting. Though I beg to differ on the rally point scripts. I am very sure that both you and almost easy developed a rally point script that was used for farming in the very early days before all of these rules came in. I'm talking nearly 2 years ago?

@meechan, I haven't found anything you have said across any of the threads to be constructive. Am not sure if perhaps you just don't understand what everyone is talking about??? Anyway there is nothing to gain from your constant arguing, perhaps let the mods and players with issues discuss here instead of having your useless input.

DeletedUser

Tbh you have quite possibly made the most sensible post I have seen since this debacle started.

You made the right call, if in doubt, ask the question and save the answer.

+rep to you my friend

Berg

If anyone is interested in seeing how this worked out for me, I have a tale of fun and adventure! Well, minus the fun. And the adventure.

The mail to the ingame moderators - added to my previous ticket querying whether my scripts were all legit (which was given the nod. All were legal) - got a response that I needed to post in the script forums. I replied to a thread there about sorting scripts, but my post failed to show up. So I started a new thread and got a message that my post would show up when a moderator got to it.

Skip forward a day, no response. So I put in a second ingame ticket, again adding to the previous one, asking how long it would take. Was told to be patient as it could take up to 48 hours, or try pming a script forum mod. At the 48 hour mark I tried to pm cheesasaurus. No luck, his inbox was full. So I pm'd Slowtarget.

Another 30 odd hours pass, still no response in the forum or to the private message. I added to my ticket.

At this point I was asked by a different ingame mod to link him to where I'd posted on the forums... sadly impossible. I get another response! He's replied, but as Sorting Scripts are not hosted by Tracey and thus not approved. This directly conflicts with what I had been told previously. I check the forums, and the thread is still not visible. Helpful. Slowtarget finally responds to the pm too, to tell me I can be banned for using this script.

A little consistency would be appreciated. I've tried to do the right thing here, and it's been like bashing my head against a brick wall. You'll have to forgive me, but I'm joining those who are frustrated with the mods.

DeletedUser

Hi slowtarget, thanks for posting. Though I beg to differ on the rally point scripts. I am very sure that both you and almost easy developed a rally point script that was used for farming in the very early days before all of these rules came in. I'm talking nearly 2 years ago?

@meechan, I haven't found anything you have said across any of the threads to be constructive. Am not sure if perhaps you just don't understand what everyone is talking about??? Anyway there is nothing to gain from your constant arguing, perhaps let the mods and players with issues discuss here instead of having your useless input.

2 Years is a long time ago Luke, and like you said that was before the rules kicked in.

As for my post's, thats fine for you to think that, everyone is entitled to their opinions on the forums. Including myself. I understand completly, certain player/s were getting punished for using illegal scripts, and then turning it round on the mod's on the forums saying that its because the scripts forum is 'messy' and that the rules are not clear, or people would not understand if their scripts interacted with the rally point.

I do have an issue, it's the fact that the players posting about this would hit out because of their breach of rules, when infact I disagree and think that the rules and scripts thread are very clear.

@ Decursus :icon_confused: I am sorry to hear that, that would be annoying and I think I would also be angry about it.

DeletedUser

I do have an issue, it's the fact that the players posting about this would hit out because of their breach of rules, when infact I disagree and think that the rules and scripts thread are very clear.

I wasn't effected or banned regarding the script issue,but i still think everything has been handled wrong.

DeletedUser

I'll throw my aged (but well experienced) oar into this.

To all you muppets using illegal scripts, you've got what you deserve.
To anyone saying they didn't know they were illegal, nice work moron, pay more attention next time.
To people complaining you haven't been responded to - fair point.
To all those people demanding an answer because of their 3 pounds a month. You get what you pay for. What more do you expect from staff that themselves don't get paid? You all rant and moan from your soap boxes and expect normal everyday people who VOLOUNTEER to help out to go out of their way for you. Why not just do like they say and put in a ticket rather than throwing your dummy out.
To people using it as an excuse to quit, thats all it is, its an excuse. You got banned for using scripts you shouldn't have. You've only yourself to blame. Go quietly and with your tail between your legs you cheating monkey!

Hope alls well on w1 :)

Timmy

DeletedUser

I wasn't effected or banned regarding the script issue,but i still think everything has been handled wrong.

That's kool, I hold my hands up at getting that part wrong.

Nice post Timmy.

Status
Not open for further replies.