500 Tribes Vs 2 A O D Tribes - Or Is It lol

DeletedUser6603

I was under the belief that Matt was KnK council and isn't the only KnK council member in KnK (opps ION) on W15...

Perhaps it's me but isn't council part of a tribes leadership?.. maybe the "Dukes" of Knk have retired or whatever... but surely when Stormin' Norman Schwarzkopf retired, the American Army didn't suddenly become the Canadain Army?

AOD getting all excited about a bunch of nub tribes ganging up on them with ION using the situation to their advantage is a little pathetic really... many things are said on forums both external and within a tribe and by IGM that are said for effect and to gain the required reaction, not because they are true.... didn't it used to be called PnP...

Though it does look a bit like Matt has been spending too much time with Rufus... and we all know how well his recent tribes have done... I hope not, Matt is too good a player to need to resort to such low down dirty tactics and should leave them to players like me that are both good at them and not good enough not to need to use them...

With that logic, that would make Xprd and Mask on W13 KnK, Dptd and XXL on W14, as well as TIR on W11. They all have KnK council influence within them, so that makes them all KnK doesn't it?

You are right though, there are other KnK council members on W15. tangerine in TNT for example. sb007ck in Devils. Are they KnK too? Perhaps they should change their names to make it easier?!?

Now, in all seriousness. I am sure all former KnK members (council or not), would agree that a tribe could only be considered to be an incarnation of KnK if the full leadership team was involved. As that isn't the case with ION, they aren't KnK. I do wish them well though, along with every other former KnK member still playing TW!

DeletedUser7369

well i understand your desire to distance yourself from them but if it looks like knk, sounds like knk and plays like knk then forgive the rest of us for deciding to call it knk.

DeletedUser

well as paul said KnK aren't KnK without the leadership.. ION on world 15 is the same council from TIR on world 11.. so its basically TIR if you want to put a new name onto the world 15 tribe.. just because we have 5-6 KnK players that wanted to continue playing this game and not retire does not in any sense make it a KnK tribe...

matt

DeletedUser3602

In summary ion mass hugged and now is plummeting down the ranks whilst starting family tribes.

DeletedUser4753

Mask w13 doesnt have any knk leadership in it, unless me,doozy and ww were account hijacked.

Ion are perhaps more comparable with TIR, with knk members, could be recipe for success,

merge to win dukes with good players could be devastating :D

DeletedUser6603

well i understand your desire to distance yourself from them but if it looks like knk, sounds like knk and plays like knk then forgive the rest of us for deciding to call it knk.

In that case, ION have this world sewn up already ;-)

Mask w13 doesnt have any knk leadership in it, unless me,doozy and ww were account hijacked.

Ion are perhaps more comparable with TIR, with knk members, could be recipe for success,

merge to win dukes with good players could be devastating :D

Never said you did. You do have a KnK council member in your ranks though!

DeletedUser4753

You said by mancunia's logic

"Matt was KnK council and isn't the only KnK council member in KnK (opps ION) on W15"

Mask doesn't satisfy that logic.

And yes we do, he's mine now though ;)

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
I'm just building JP's ego up a bit so that when I knock it down it will be more fun.... :)

A couple of questions that spring to mind is:

1) How big was the KnK council as they appear to have about 20 x-council members spread around tribes on W15?...
2) How big does your ego need to be to come on to a forum of a game you no longer play to deny that a tribe is the tribe you once duked because your not in it?...
3) When has Hug, Nuke and Recruit with the odd merge thrown in for good measure ever been impressive?... if anything the practice has ruined a lot of worlds as that is all a lot of tribes want to do once they get a decent rank....

And by the magic of KnK logic, any duke that quits a tribe whilst the world is still going on means that the tribe ceases to be the tribe that it actually is, even though it has the same members, same council and same name....

Last edited:

DeletedUser6603

1. Council was somewhere around 10 members id say. We had different members over the two worlds, and some of our council from w1 and w7 didnt play w12, yet I would still think of them as council members. So the actual number over the three worlds, not entirely sure to be honest

2. Clearly humongous! I still have an interest in whats going on, and probably always will. Hence why I poke my nose in when I feel like it....

3. I am sure every KnK member from all the worlds we played is proud of what we achieved and rightly so. What someone like you thinks of us is irrelevant, but if it makes you feel better to put down our achievements then feel free! It certainly made me smile seeing it, thats for sure :)

As for your last point. Would you not have to play a world to be able to quit it? You see, if KnK were to play a world again, its dukes wouldn't quit, so again, your point is irrelevant. What others do is their business. I just wish you would grasp that ION does not consist of purely KnK members, leadership, structure etc, because it doesn't. Their duke has even come on and said as much! However, if our old members are running a tribe anything like the tribes we had, they should be feared. Although Matt is still a noob ;-)

DeletedUser10816

Mancunia, you have a bit of a hang up don't you... perhaps you have some confidence or ego related issues you'd like to discuss?

To humour you - I will answer your questions...
1)
How big was the KnK council on W12?
- Rob, Pablo and myself - Dukes, strategists, diplomats, (All retired)
- Kiren, Paul, Simon, Simon (Not playing), Lee (Retired), Jamie (Not playing), Dan (Retired) - Active supportive council members, each essential in their contributions
(By the way - I don't see Matt in the council on w12.... oh yeh, thats because he only played startup! We still see him as KnK council though, he even borrowed some of our classic PnPs lol). So at most, there are 4 KnK council playing worlds now.

2) Its nothing about ego, I just like a good banter especially when someone appears to be so insecure that they have to point fingers and call names

3) Perhaps you need to refer to the rules and identify what the aim of the game is, and then also consider what the role of the leadership is. Firstly, the aim of the game is to win. A good leader will never exclude any option from their available methods of gaining an advantage over their enemy. If you exclude options, then you merely create a weakness that others will exploit when they identify it.

Incarnations of our old players will no doubt appear, but ask any of them if the tribe they are in is the real KnK - none of them will say it is, not unless the KnK Leadership returns to the helm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
lol... do you guys have the some kind of bat signal that goes off whenever someone dares to say something negative about the great Knk? though I'm glad to see that you guys aren't adverse to resulting to personal non game related insults as soon as you feel threatened... always the sign of a great player...

Though I suggest that you get your stories straight before you post... depending upon who we believe there is between 3 and an unknown much higher number of KnK x-council members on W15.... the dukes must of been great considering that they can't even agree on who was or how many council members they had...

Dealing with you individual points... Pablo, as you know you've clearly taken my point and tried to adapt it to suit your own view... good effort but no cigar... by claiming that KnK will never exist again even if a tribe only made up of x KnK players and X council members was created on a new world simply because the dukes aren't playing defies all logic... maybe because it's an ego thing or perhaps your embarrassed by what Matt is doing?

I'm glad I made you smile... gives me a warm squiggly feeling inside... thanks...

Mike... me being the insecure one has to jump to the defense of a tribe I was once in every time someone who is meaningless and cluelesss dares to question their tactics... keeps me coming back to the forum...

As anyone will agree... the point of a game is to win it... as most will agree, the style and method in which you win is nearly as important, ask a Chelski fan or a West Ham fan to mention just one other game.... I would also go as far to suggest it's a matter of reputation and respect... to win or even lose a game the way it is meant to be played... by destroying your opponent rather than simple be best at huggin, recruiting and diplomacy surely leads to a higher level of respect... for example in boxing, a fighters win record is always broken down to KO, Technical KO.. a game that is meant to be won by knocking out your opponent... a fighter that keeps a belt by refusing to fight their biggest competition will always find their reputation weakened...

I look forward to your responses, as their is nothing like a good bit of banter on a friday night as the brandy goes down... you have the choice of continuing to rely on personal insults or you could try logic and reasoned argument... If you know me as well as you both claim, then you should know which option will gain you the most...

DeletedUser4753

Imo.

The best tribes are run by a figure head dictator with a council surrounding them for various tasks, weather knk was this or not, i dunno they got nobled out of w1 long before they achieved any success for me to see, but my point is its all about the main man.

A pervis tribe, is not a pervis tribe, without pervis. People from his leadership tribe can make a tribe, and create a name for themselves and their style of leading.

So i would argue the fact matt was a council member, his tribe will never be a knk, as he was not the main man, he has his own saga to build.

I also think people put too much emphasis on knk, they won 2 worlds, great stuff, but i feel this is down to lack of competition as apposed to knk's dominance, theirs sum good players, and i think theirs dukes must have had head screwed on.
but i view knk as a good tribe which brought its victories home, not on a godlike pedestal like some people seem to put them on.

DeletedUser10816

The KnK community lives on, the skype rooms are still open, and friendships remain. Meetups are still planned - in fact the next is in April.

You talk about reputation and respect. Your opinion means little to me, and your respect is not required. I know what we achieved and how we achieved it. I know that my old tribe mates will all understand the knowing wink between all KnK past players, that they all have been part of the community, that they understand what it meant to be KnK.
The only opinions that matter to us, are those of our past tribe mates - so I care little for your pronged attacks aimed purely to get a rise. I'm simply enjoying the banter.

The main reason that KnK will never appear on the UK server again is that UK server is simply too easy with far too little competition. We have considered going to .net, and have been asked several times - but after a few years playing the game in our winning format, and winning 2 consecutive worlds - it was time to call it a day and return to that weird and wonderful thing called real life.

Also - I suggest you learn to count. It's useful in this game. Pablo suggested there were around 10 council on w12. I named 10.
I didn't name any W7 council... though I could... there were 3 more names there, 1 of which still plays.
There are several non council KnK players playing still - but they will be aware as anyone else, that the tribe they are in is not run like KnK, and isn't KnK. You might as well say that the UK football team in the Olypmics was actually England playing...

You talk about playing the game how its supposed to be played. You still have a lot to learn it would appear :) I also suggest you do some history lessons based on fact rather than rumor, to actually learn how KnK won 2 worlds. A tribe cannot win with diplomacy alone. Nor can it win with spys alone, or merging, or families (unless some silly world win condition exists which promotes barb munching families). A world can also not be won with fighting alone. You need to be adept at all of these, and balance every single element. The better you do them, the faster you win. Denying that any of these elements are important, will leave your tribe imbalanced and less successful than a tribe that employs them properly. KnK just so happened to be very good at all of them.

As for me jumping to the defense, I just spotted the thread being bantered about in the skype chat, and thought i'd come on here as this is one of the elements I must admit I miss.

DeletedUser1163

I think it's pretty safe to say that the majority of players on this world couldn't care less if ION are old KnK or not.

They'll be judged on their actions in this world as it progresses rather than their acheivments and reputation on previous worlds, just the same as every other player or tribe that plays W15.

At this moment in time ION certainly don't look like a world winning tribe, but it's early days and things can change very fast, so i guess we'll just have to wait and see rather than wasting our breath argueing and speculating ;-)

DeletedUser10816

Imo.

The best tribes are run by a figure head dictator with a council surrounding them for various tasks, weather knk was this or not, i dunno they got nobled out of w1 long before they achieved any success for me to see, but my point is its all about the main man.

W1 is what I like to think was our sandbox. We trialled methods, developed skills, and experimented with tactics. We were never going to win, seeing as we started on the rim. However saying that, we gave T4H a good fight for quite a while, especially considering they were several times our size.
We quit W1 to move to W7 - where we implimented everything we'd learned. The rest is history I guess.

And yes - FYI... KnK was what we tend to term as a diplomatic dictatorship... or what it eventually turned out to be, a well oiled machine. We gave instructions... the tribe reacted. There was no debate, argument or disagreement by the tribe. It just worked like clockwork.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
ohh noes... I almost argee with D1... the difference being that a Previs tribe or whoever tribe is lead by one person, in their own style and to their personality... KnK had co-dukes and a large council...

So the actual number over the three worlds, not entirely sure to be honest

Unless you agree that what Pablo said there was actually 10, a council of 10 over 3 worlds... (it's me that can't count... though I would suggest that it more important to read that quote than count it...)...

Without putting words into Matt's mouth you would need to ask him if his tribe KnK-ION is based upon the style, personality and structure of a KnK tribe... though I guess it will be easy to tell over time...

With regard to people that put KnK on some kind of pedestal, and perhaps my knowledge and experience and understanding of history is wrong and I only speak to the wrong kind of people but I know few that haven't been members of KnK that think the tribe(s) to be anything more than good... and as Mike demonstrate so well in his post most members of KnK have this undeniable belief that no other tribe has ever been as good as KnK or ever will again... which I think is the real reason for so many off topic posts in this thread.....

Obviously my history and knowledge is so bad that I would know nothing about W3 and the tribe that won that world.. based purely on fighting not huggin, merging or any other skill that is apparently needed to win a world... though to say they didn't have diplomacy and didn't recruit from defeated tribes would be a lie the essence was to fight first, hug and recruit second.... can KnK being honest for once and say the same?... and there have been plenty of successful tribes that haven't even bothered with NAPs or diplomacy and have done extremely well...

What makes me smile is people that claim my opinion means nothing to them, that I'm meaningless and clueless but than have to continue a discussion wasting their time trying to disprove my opinion... if the only opinion of KnK that matters is that of KnK members, why even discuss this thread in some old unused skype chat, why even bother to reply to it... especially when the people that respond have this mythical real life thing that keeps them from playing the game... but doesn't keep them from posting responses to people who are irrelevant and meaningless...

The Great British Football team was English with the additional of the other home nations that wanted to take part (replace English with Welsh, Scottish, etc to meet your own location) and whose inclusion lean to the name change to British, as obviously England aren't part of Britain it would be like trying to argue that if KnK merged with a smaller tribe and changed their name to KnK-nub tribe they wouldn't be a KnK tribe... or trying to argue that every time KnK recruited a player that had been in another tribe the KnK tribe would no longer be a KnK tribe...

But please, do try again...

Though it might be worth having some knowledge of the people you try to insult before accusing them of talking without knowledge... just an idea... or do we all have to list our "achievements" on our profile to have any achievements?...

Though to be honest, my biggest achievement is just below...

Last edited:

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
I think it's pretty safe to say that the majority of players on this world couldn't care less if ION are old KnK or not.

They'll be judged on their actions in this world as it progresses rather than their acheivments and reputation on previous worlds, just the same as every other player or tribe that plays W15.

At this moment in time ION certainly don't look like a world winning tribe, but it's early days and things can change very fast, so i guess we'll just have to wait and see rather than wasting our breath argueing and speculating ;-)

If you couldn't care less why waste your time posting, let alone reading a thread you don't care about?... a forum is a place for people that wish to discuss things, though possibly not by hijacking a different topic thread...

Any old W1N players here ?

I hope your not suggesting that W1N won a world by fighting?!!?... obviously if KnK had a bit more oil for W1 W1N wouldn't of won it... :)