A Little Story...

DeletedUser

Well, considering you sat my account whilst you shifted.. i wasnt going to risk losing nukes cause you probally did tell tincat before i got back from my holiday....:icon_rolleyes:

Anyway.. i agree with you on you could have deleted the forum ect.. and yes i respect you for that, also respect you gave my account to bubbles once you shifted, The only thing that piddled me off was that we all trusted you, we fought alongside you.. and yet you wouldnt give LRAG a try? you will have your friends in there as you say you dont know anyone there :icon_eek::icon_confused:

Anyway im gonna stop cause that aboe makes no sense... it happens with only 7 hours sleep since wednesday :icon_eek:, but yh its only a game.. So at the end of the day it was your choice, you made it, which i personally feel it was the worst one.. we all have our opinions.

I gave the account over to Bubbles with a fair bit of time to spare - not right before shifting. And I did so after making certain she'd be able send the nukes for you. I didn't share anything about that campaign and W1N were not even made aware that I had the sit up until the day before I switched.

As for why I didn't go to LRAG, the only people I knew in LRAG were Midgey, who I don't get on with and prefer to avoid where possible and MaxMad... who ORC kicked and rimmed over a year ago. I chose not to go to LRAG because I strongly recall our old alliance which ended with LRAG allying with W1N and turning on us with no notice. We had empty villages along the border with them which fell ridiculously fast simply because all the troops were on the W1N border, we had betrayed players who quit as a result - we'd thought we could trust LRAG. Turns out we were very, very wrong on that occasion. Talking to Taff about that, after I went to W1N, I was told that ORC were apparently offered a 60 day ceasefire before hostilities began. I can't say whether that's true or not, I only have his word on that - perhaps Bubbleblower could shed some light on the subject. I was a member of ORC council at the time and that was definitely not something I was aware of, and checking with another council member of the time I am confirmed in the knowledge that it is not something that the council as a whole knew about, if indeed the offer did exist.

Whether true or not, this was not something I was knew about at the time I chose between a rock and a hard place, and, as such, I had no intention of ever joining LRAG, even when the rumours of a merger were starting to whisper around the edges of the tribe.

DeletedUser

I. Talking to Taff about that, after I went to W1N, I was told that ORC were apparently offered a 60 day ceasefire before hostilities began. I can't say whether that's true or not, I only have his word on that - perhaps Bubbleblower could shed some light on the subject. I was a member of ORC council at the time and that was definitely not something I was aware of, and checking with another council member of the time I am confirmed in the knowledge that it is not something that the council as a whole knew about, if indeed the offer did exist.

Thats a new one on me too kat

DeletedUser

is it me or is it damn good to see orcs back in the publics?

DeletedUser1942

is it me or is it damn good to see orcs back in the publics?

It is, i just suppose they never felt the need to come on here and defend there leader/council when they were getting shown for what they were.

Speaks volumes that its now they come back on.

DeletedUser

I...Talking to Taff about that, after I went to W1N, I was told that ORC were apparently offered a 60 day ceasefire before hostilities began. ...

Well, Dec I am happy to state clearly now that I offered C-Rex a 6-week (did I say 60 day? I was wrong, if so) termination clause on our relationship at the time. By my recollection I offered it shortly before we concluded our "til the end" alliance with W1N, and Rexxie declined it out of hand on the spot. I'm sure she had her reasons, and she did say she felt that Orc would not accept it. I have no idea - and could not know - whether it was discussed with anybody in Orc.

The other thing I will say - in response to occasional comments I have seen in various places - is that in all our discussions (and frequent rows) I never for a moment imagined that Rexxie acted other than in what she firmly conceived to be the best interests of Orc, to which I found her to be entirely dedicated. And, incidentally, I am in a better position to know than most, since we were striving against each other to get the best for our tribes for a long time and it involved a great deal of interaction. Interaction which brought me considerable respect for her as a person and a leader. I do believe that she made several mistakes (as don't we all?) - and there is one I profoundly regret to this day. But she did her damnedest for Orc at all times, in my experience, and Orc rose to Rank 4 in a very hostile and competitive world. That says a lot for her dedication and her ability, and frankly any criticisms made of her must be made - and viewed - in that context.

DeletedUser

Apologies, Taff. I've reread that - you did say six week. But the point remains that none of the ORC council of the time who are communicating here seem to have known about it, and that time would have made all the difference to several members who were left without a chance and soon after left the game.

I'll also grant that Fi did a top job, the majority of the time. It's just a crying shame that after all that time going on about how we were better than the 'dark side', W1N, it turned out she was using exactly the tactics she was accusing them of. Hypocracy stings, particularly when the hypocrit has long been seen as being against such things.

DeletedUser

Maybe. But it's easy to make bad decisions when under pressure. I know, I've done it. Maybe she felt that it was time to fight fire with fire and ended up burning the wrong target. She said something not wholly different to me recently. I could accept that. Why not just tell her about your disappointment, hear what her issues were, understand it and move on? I'm sure she'd have talked to you. I always try to, if somebody in my tribe has a problem with something I have done.

As we have had reason to notice recently, no story is complete until you know both sides. You do have a record - to my knowledge - of judging without hearing all the evidence.

DeletedUser

Who's to say I didn't try to talk to Rexxie about this? I actually did, when I first became suspicious, and was rebuffed. She didn't want to talk it then. When I had further knowledge of what was going on, and also knowledge of how some others were being treated by her, I was duely cautious about approaching her again.

DeletedUser

"Let the other guy have whatever he wants before the fight. Once the bell rings he's gonna be disappointed anyway". LOL.

Well, just Write it down in ur CV and come to interview my company. Tell my boss how great you are in TW. He will hire you i guess.

i thought you were the manager of a big company, dont you have enough powers to hire someone?
or the company is so big that only the boss can hire new people?!
are you sure that you arent only the janitor?

DeletedUser

As for Shieldz, anyone care to get high and mighty about the ban and subsequent barbing of that account? Obviously there was never any foul play. Give me a break.

Well, that's fair, but seriously...He and Nat quit!! As in quit the game! That is why he went barb :)

DeletedUser

Actually Reef and the intrepid Steve are both right. Yes Shieldz was clearly banned. But by the time he was banned he had already quit the game, so no appeal, etc. Thus what may well have turned into a two-hour explanation of something that puzzled the mods, followed by kisses and cuddles all around, just sat there without anybody to do anything about it.

I don't say it would certainly have been settled quickly and easily - I don't know. But nobody else can say it wouldn't, because they don't know either. All we know is that he'd gone already so the ban was never appealed.

Don't blame W1N for making what capital they can of this... they are often accused of skulduggery and their honest players (and maybe their more brass-necked crooks, if any crooks there be) are obviously bored with the crash of glass behind them and keen to throw the odd stone of their own. This one has no target though. He's gone and there is no way of knowing whether his "offence" was felony, peccadillo, or mere misunderstanding.

DeletedUser

Who knows what goes on behind the smoke and mirrors, eh?

Back on point, it's amazing how one (many?) pointless comments can totally derail a thread :icon_biggrin:

W1N have K32. We also currently have K22, for how long it remains to be seen, and while this was initially aimed at ORC, now that LRAG have taken in a lot of the players, you have the dubious honour of watching me and a few others take K22, the way we took K23 from LRAG way back when :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

It may be worth making a thread about this in a week or two, but till then I will post here.

I think it will be very interesting to see the conqueor rate of w1n against LRAG in a couple of weeks, and see whether or not it is the same as the two independant tribes added together or if there is a noticeable change in the stats. Whatever the result it will be easy to validate, or not, Taff's and LRAG's decision to take in ORC.

Anyone care to speculate the result?

DeletedUser

Anti-shaft sends nukes 5 days away , to probably clear vills for buchanan who is "supposedly" low on off in area and blow me down how lucky Dog goes barb......

;-)

Neil. I hope you know me well enough to believe me when I say that I had no idea who antishaft was attacking and that these barbs were not being cleared for me.

DeletedUser

Well, that's fair, but seriously...He and Nat quit!! As in quit the game! That is why he went barb :)

No Steve. Nat quit. Phil's account was banned for two weeks. I guess you wouldn't have tried attacking it. I did and couldn't as it tells you that the player was banned

Rex finally caught playing with her dongle perhaps?

DeletedUser

It may be worth making a thread about this in a week or two, but till then I will post here.

I think it will be very interesting to see the conqueor rate of w1n against LRAG in a couple of weeks, and see whether or not it is the same as the two independant tribes added together or if there is a noticeable change in the stats. Whatever the result it will be easy to validate, or not, Taff's and LRAG's decision to take in ORC.

Anyone care to speculate the result?

Good shout, Marek. Should be interesting to see but I'd like to think with LRAG recruiting in K32, those stats will promptly swing. It's not a friendly place :icon_twisted:

As for the wider recruitment, LRAG will do well to stem the flow of W1N conquers of the ex-ORC players they took in.

DeletedUser

I'm not so sure Reef. If ORC have been hording their nukes like you guy in w1n claim, then you shoud have a torrent of nukes crashing down on you any time soon. LRAG mentally means they will stop holding back. Interesting the stats* are saying LRAG are up 1 village in the last 48 hours. The remains of ORC aren't doing so well, but are atleast having some conqueors.

Side 1:
Tribes: LRAG
Side 2:
Tribes: W1N
Timeframe: Last 48 hours
Total conquers against opposite side:
Side 1: 12
Side 2: 11
Difference: 1
chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:
Side 1: 112,247
Side 2: 105,325
Difference: 6,922
chart

Side 1:
Tribes: ORC
Side 2:
Tribes: W1N
Timeframe: Last 48 hours
Total conquers against opposite side:
Side 1: 4
Side 2: 20
Difference: 16
chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:
Side 1: 39,051
Side 2: 184,222
Difference: 145,171
chart

Its going to be an exciting couple of weeks I recon.

*the stats are from TWstats so I doubt they are perfectly up to date.

DeletedUser

wow 1 village up after 48 hours looks like W1N are falling apart.lol
Better get all them nukes ready ORC was hording. For when W1N mass delete due to you taking 1 more village then them.lol

DeletedUser

wow 1 village up after 48 hours looks like W1N are falling apart.lol
Better get all them nukes ready ORC was hording. For when W1N mass delete due to you taking 1 more village then them.lol

Well I was hoping I wouldn't have to point this out, and that your average joe would get this. I'm not suggesting a complete turn around, just trying to give an early indication of how things are changing, if they are. Its exceptionally unlikely that these stats would represent an actual shift in the war. It is only 48 hours after all.

I would hope you understand, I'm trying to supply something to speculate over. I'm not saying W1N suck. Why would I need to say it :icon_rolleyes: :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Dont really see the point in that post then.
(Im not the Brightest by the way so excuss me) If your what your saying is the early indications are LRAG are changing the the war in its favour then go back on that in the next sentance and say this would not represent an actual shift in the war..(Im confused)

Last edited by a moderator: