Account Held to Ransom

DeletedUser

Tawny Owl on 02.04. at 14:37
Any chance you could lay off Tawny Owl's vill?
The account is operated by an 8 year old who wants to play TW like her parents
Its not exactly a big threat and besides it might make a nice villa for you to conquer when she gets sick of playing it :)

Regards
**** and ***
*** World 1
(aka Tawny Owl's Parents)

Superkarma on 02.04. at 14:44
I usually dont reply "why you attacking me mails"
But...
Well if its 8 year old, i would blame you to let her get into this game, which is primarily a war game. And if at all she is into it, it may be a leaning curve for her that everything in this world isnt nice.

In short no.
Regards
/SK

Tawny Owl on 02.04. at 14:57
Its a GAME
Do you not think you are taking it a tad too seriously?

Superkarma today at 11:42
First of all show me your world one account. Then lets talk.

Tawny Owl today at 12:44
Tawny Owl's mother:
(shows stats)

Tawny Owl's Father:
(Shows Stats)

Superkarma today at 12:47
nice, now how about a deal to show that you care about your kid,

give me your account on that world. and i dont attack your kid. buy your kids happiness ! small price to pay huh. and if you cant sacrifice for your own kid dont mail others to sacrifice for YOUR kid.

i hope you got the message,

Tawny Owl today at 12:47
Excuse me?

Superkarma today at 12:48
dont u understand english?

Tawny Owl today at 12:48
I do
It being my primary language

so read my mail again.

Tawny Owl today at 12:54
You expect me to hand over a million point account to someone I don't even know to stop you from attacking an 8 year old????

Superkarma today at 12:55
yea i do . u said u care for your kid. dont you want to see your kid happy? baddy father. you take your game a tad too seriously isnt?

Tawny Owl today at 12:56
I'm her mother
And you cannot seriously think either of us would give up accounts we have built up for 12 months to you in payment of what is effectively a ransom demand???

Superkarma today at 12:57
yeah ransom is a part of game. pay for your kids' happiness ?!

DeletedUser

Send a support ticket ingame and let a mod deal with it, I dunno if blackmailing someone into handing over an account is against the rules, but it wouldn't hurt to let a mod look...

On a side note, its a war game, if you don't want you're child to be attacked, don't let them play the game

DeletedUser6616

superkarma said:
buy your kids happiness !

I'm sure I've heard this in a "child gets kidnapped by the baddies and then Bruce Willis appears to save the day" type film.

Seems a little serious to me! And slightly disturbing!

DeletedUser

hey superkarma,

if from the sounds of your convo with Tawny Owl's mother you are that good a player then surely you wouldn't need to resort to BLACKMAIL/RANSOM DEMANDS in order to start on another world.

DeletedUser

The fun in tribalwars comes from attacking.

Its what the game is based around, and what sticks people to it.

1. Your kid should learn to stick up for themselves - if they dont, theyll never enjoy tribal wars.

2. You brought yourselves into this situation. If you didnt reveal all that stuff then you wouldnt be "held to ransom"

3. Start over?

DeletedUser

The fun in tribalwars comes from attacking.

Its what the game is based around, and what sticks people to it.

1. Your kid should learn to stick up for themselves - if they dont, theyll never enjoy tribal wars.

2. You brought yourselves into this situation. If you didnt reveal all that stuff then you wouldnt be "held to ransom"

3. Start over?

Thanks . I play the game it is intended to. And no i dont want a so called 1 mil account on another world. I just wanted to highlight that its very easy to ask for a favor, but when you are asked to pay a price for it, its all evil ...

And yeah i would reveal your hidden stuffs with a highlighter.

======================================

Superkarma today at 12:57
yeah ransom is a part of game. pay for your kids' happiness ?!

================================

Tawny Owl today at 12:56
I'm her mother
And you cannot seriously think either of us would give up accounts we have built up for 12 months to you in payment of what is effectively a ransom demand???

=================================

Superkarma today at 12:55
yea i do . u said u care for your kid. dont you want to see your kid happy? baddy father. you take your game a tad too seriously isnt?

==============================

Tawny Owl today at 12:54
You expect me to hand over a million point account to someone I don't even know to stop you from attacking an 8 year old????

so read my mail again.

Tawny Owl today at 12:48
I do
It being my primary language

dont u understand english?

Tawny Owl today at 12:47
Excuse me?

Superkarma today at 12:47
nice, now how about a deal to show that you care about your kid,

give me your account on that world. and i dont attack your kid. buy your kids happiness ! small price to pay huh. and if you cant sacrifice for your own kid dont mail others to sacrifice for YOUR kid.

i hope you got the message,

===============================

Tawny Owl today at 12:44

Tawny Owl's mother:

http://www.twstats.co.uk/uk1/index.php?page=player&id=43155&utm_source=en&utm_medium=player&utm_campaign=dsref
Tawny Owl's Father:
http://www.twstats.co.uk/uk1/index.php?page=player&id=13733&utm_source=en&utm_medium=player&utm_campaign=dsref
===============================

Superkarma today at 11:42
First of all show me your world one account. Then lets talk.

Tawny Owl on 02.04. at 14:57

Its a GAME
Do you not think you are taking it a tad too seriously?

Superkarma on 02.04. at 14:44
I usually dont reply "why you attacking me mails"
But...
Well if its 8 year old, i would blame you to let her get into this game, which is primarily a war game. And if at all she is into it, it may be a leaning curve for her that everything in this world isnt nice.

In short no.
Regards
/SK

Tawny Owl on 02.04. at 14:37
Any chance you could lay off Tawny Owl's vill?
The account is operated by an 8 year old who wants to play TW like her parents
Its not exactly a big threat and besides it might make a nice villa for you to conquer when she gets sick of playing it :)

Regards
Gemarriott and MadJester
EXP World 1
(aka Tawny Owl's Parents)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well I do not endorse blackmail, even of the humorous kind, I do think anyone learning the game, even an 8 year old, should learn it as it naturally is. To lay off a certain account becuase it's being played by a kid makes that account artificial and then whoever is playing is not playing TW but a muted version of it. How is somone going to learn defense if they don't get attacked? What happens when somone else tries to farm that account?

It seems to me that the best thing to do is to restart on the rim. It's an important lesson for everyone that if you can't defend yourself and diplomatic means fail sometimes you just have to move on and start again. The further from the rim the more breathing room Tawn Owl will have and the more chance to learn the game.

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear, but I think its fair on everyone.

DeletedUser2550

Yes it is a war game
But this is an 8 year old
One that just wanted to play TW to be like her parents
And it kinda ruins the enjoyment of watching a village building up for someone to come in with cats and rams and destroy everything in 5 minutes flat
As SK was told she won't be playing this long term
In a month or 2 there will be something new that catches her eye
A new DS game or a new TV program or a new book and her TW account will go inactive and be there for the taking
Is it too much to ask that she be left in peace for the brief period when she is playing???

DeletedUser

Yes it is a war game
And it kinda ruins the enjoyment of watching a village building up for someone to come in with cats and rams and destroy everything in 5 minutes flat
As SK was told she won't be playing this long term
In a month or 2 there will be something new that catches her eye
A new DS game or a new TV program or a new book and her TW account will go inactive and be there for the taking
Is it too much to ask that she be left in peace for the brief period when she is playing???

For pete's sake!

If the point in this game was building villages, then it would be - quite frankly, crap.

The fun is to destroy villages. I dont get any sense of being proud seeing villages grow large around me. My first thaught is i could take that village or I could destroy that village.

I get proud of Nukes. I get proud of mass attacks. But not villages.

Of course, i feel sympathetic for the poor kid, but its life. People wont go easy on you just because your new. Start out like every noob does. Fail once or twice, then learn to not fail.

If he didnt farm, someone would overtake him and noble him. They would then farm the village. Youre not going to last untill the end game - pleading for favors.

DeletedUser

Yes it is a war game

If the 8 year old doesn't like war games, theres always Sim City...I'm not trying to sound heartless here, but if you don't want to be attacked, don't play the game, age shouldn't have to factor into an argument such as this...

DeletedUser

i agree that we all have to learn how the game is played. but on the other hand as Tawny Owl's mother stated she is AN 8 YEAR OLD and as we all know with children the fascination with all things new and exciting only lasts so long. leave the poor child build up the village and when her attention is drawn to something else and the account goes inactive then noble it but until then why bother with a village that is not already well established.

DeletedUser

I would have let it go for some time as i had other targets. I had not attacked you in 2-3 days , except may be a scout run. You went to your friends asking them to mail me to leave your kid alone. And it went to point of being annoying. As it is, why dont you start over ?

DeletedUser

I do think anyone learning the game, even an 8 year old, should learn it as it naturally is. To lay off a certain account becuase it's being played by a kid makes that account artificial and then whoever is playing is not playing TW but a muted version of it. How is somone going to learn defense if they don't get attacked? What happens when somone else tries to farm that account?

On high performance we had a guy in our tribe who nobled another member of the tribes daughter...that led to some amusing skype coinversation :)

DeletedUser

lol @ Sneggy

(Did want to put this anacdote in a spoiler but didn't know how :() Yeah families can be tricky. I was Duchess of a tribe once (only lasted two weeks) and somone begged me to invite their Dad who was local. I invited him without checking out properly and then found out that he was a refugee and so promptly kicked him. Sonny-boy was less then happy, called me all the names under the sun for "screwing" his dad and then quit himself. Ohhhh the chuckles!

Another option would be to get Tawny to join a tribe. (this is Tribal Wars as has been pointed out) This would then make her less likely to get attacked and experience forums and such which are an integral part of the game. Also she would be able to ask for support, I assume if her parents have accounts on this world they're able to send some support even if it's a few hours away? This seems a much more sensable step, using the game to solve your problems in a realistic setting, then trying to create an artificial bubble in Build Your Villa Happily and Have no Wars.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Perhaps a game that doesn't involve interaction with other players would be better off for owl. If this game was offline with just one person then there would be very few people wanting to play it. Wars and attcaks on other players are what mmakes this game.

DeletedUser2550

Perhaps a game that doesn't involve interaction with other players would be better off for owl. If this game was offline with just one person then there would be very few people wanting to play it. Wars and attcaks on other players are what mmakes this game.

Which would kind of miss the point of emulating Jester & I