Account Held to Ransom

DeletedUser

LOL this game brings the worst out in people.

im 99% sure it says in the rules your not allowed to blackmail other players. i'd make a ticket and try and get him banned.

DeletedUser

LOL this game brings the worst out in people.

im 99% sure it says in the rules your not allowed to blackmail other players. i'd make a ticket and try and get him banned.

where's the blackmail? he offered a deal.

DeletedUser

lol the whole point was that you was asking people to give up on farming on your childs village but was not willing to give something up for your child yourself.

I dont think he actually wanted the village.

But this whole argument is a complete joke, you asked a favour of someone and they said no. Bringing it on to the externals was a mistake. Because whether you agree with this or not you look like you care about an account on world 1 more than you do your childs happiness lmao

I actually read the orignal post and presumed superkarma had posted it.

Simple resolution would be for you guys to support your childs village if all he wants to do is build it up!

DeletedUser

you say its a deal, i say a deal doesnt come in the form of an ultimatum, blackmail does.

if that were the case every single "restart mail" would be blackmail. every time a weaker player is offered the chance to give up a village or be rimmed, that would also be blackmail. this is a violent game.

DeletedUser4753

Being rimmed is part of the experience, i would rather be rimmed a few times when ive been playing days, and learn valuable TW lessons than invest years and falter to some nub errors that i was never subjected to. In life u learn by errors, so if you was not farming superkalma, then thats a error to be learned from.

however if it was not a serious account then its not a serious threat, so in fact leaving 8 yr old to build a nice farm, before getting naturally bored once novelty goes, is proly a more beneficial move.

but i do think this black mail stuff is way out of hand, he was using the give me a 1 mil account as an example, and was imo no way trying to seize it.

superkalma - leave the kid alone

do gooder's - stfu

DeletedUser

i'd just like to take this opportunity to point out that I, too, am an 8 year old girl, and consequently should not be farmed.

DeletedUser4753

so by what your saying no matter your circumstance u should have equal treatment?

DeletedUser

so by what your saying no matter your circumstance u should have equal treatment?
this is a question to me? if so - i'm saying that in these circumstances if superkarma were to "be nice", someone else would take advantage of the situation, to his disadvantage. it is a cruel game: the weak are abused, the bastards profit. isn't that what we all signed up to? there are less combatitive games out there.

DeletedUser

I cant believe the mail conversation I just read. Superkarma, you should be ashamed. end of story

DeletedUser

No you are confusing situations, it was say a lesser skill person, or a young person old person whatever, then no mercy.

But if this is a young kid wanting to log on and click things for 2 week then quit, and leaving the village in a state where its is a better farm then why stop this. The fact is its not going to be a competitive threat to you...

They might not be a threat in themselves, but if your rivals are farming them then that does put you at a disadvantage. What you say about letting them build up may be true, but that is a strategic point, not a moral one. I don't think I'm confusing situations.

As I said before, the solution seems obvious. The kid starts on the world where her folks have big accounts, and they put 100k of troops into her village until she quits. That way she gets to play for as long as she likes and can even win a few battles, and there's no silly forum pressure on Superkarma to stop playing with appropriate ruthlessness.

DeletedUser920

Hmmm - fascinating - so many views. I wonder which people are parents or have younger siblings.

Some of the comments are a little strange, though. I mean, how many of us have asked to be allowed to move out of an area and offered to build up a village first. How many supported others when it is not in our best interests. In any other RL game most of us make allowances for kids, especially if it costs us nothing.

The diplomacy part means that we compromise - or at least those who lead tribes do. The ones who won't bend are a real PIA and split up alliances and cause wars over nobling disputes. If destroying villages is what gets your rocks off, then so be it, it's a game for you to enjoy, but it seems like a childish glee in destruction.

Maybe I'm thinking too hard about this.

DeletedUser

As I said before, the solution seems obvious. The kid starts on the world where her folks have big accounts, and they put 100k of troops into her village until she quits.
it just occurred to me that this may be easier said than done given the shared connection, but i think the point still stands.

DeletedUser4753

or why dont ppl stop treating ppl as robots.

any competitive player will take as much flak off me as i can give, but if they are minding there own business, causing no threat or detriment to me, then there is no need,

argue it morally or strategically, both say u dont need to get a 8 yr old,

some may argue that putting a young one on to a competitive game is bad, and that if that was not done then there would be no problem, this is true, but the action has already been done, so even if it is failing of others, that does not mean ppl should treat each other as bots, purely to prove a point.

DeletedUser

First of all i dont believe it is a 8 year old. Secondly , i neither have time nor inclination to examine age certificates of each such eight year old's applications. Tomorrow it might very well happen that "eight year" was a mere excuse to get some breathing space.

DeletedUser

Why is this thread still alive?

A kid was getting farmed. It happens all the time. The only difference here, was his parents were playing too.

His parents couldnt decide wether to give up their W1 accounts or let thier kid be farmed - so they posted here?

If what youre saying is true, and the kid will loose interest, then why should someone who plans on not loosing interest and play long term suffer?

This is a game where the point is war. War is the fun part. War makes you keep playing. In war, people get hurt.

You cant go around making him think the world gets along and there is nothing to be scared of out there. He needs to learn - the hard way. We all did.

DeletedUser6323

First of all i dont believe it is a 8 year old. Secondly , i neither have time nor inclination to examine age certificates of each such eight year old's applications. Tomorrow it might very well happen that "eight year" was a mere excuse to get some breathing space.

I can personally vouch for this child being 8 years old. But of course this is the internet so you'll probably just not believe that either.

Yes it's a war game but it's also supposed to be fun and a form of entertainment. There are plenty of other targets out there to choose from, and surely more challenging targets at that. So why not choose another one for the time being until the child gets bored? Which will undoubtedly happen. As someone said earlier, it's all about compromise. Not to mention having a little heart.

DeletedUser

I think this is hilarious.

Your kid has to learn to play by the rules, and the rules are that you get attacked. Why don't you ask some people to stack the village instead of whining? And if you honestly feel your kids will suffer more than 5 minutes worth of tears and booing after getting her village nobled, then why don't you give up your village? Or stop her playing the game.