All a bit too much?

• Thread starter DeletedUser11971
  • Start date

DeletedUser12021

If you're now making the association between football players and tribalwars players, there are reasons why some players are worth more than others. We're not all equal in skill.

And I deny that nowhere. ;) I never said everyone is equally skilled nor will I ever.
What I'm bassically saying is the team as whole is more important than the skills of an individual player (at a certain time of the game). And I'm also saying it's only the result in the end of the football match that counts.

I'm confused, you're suggesting you have to play till a world ends to be good?

I'm saying in the end it's doesn't matter how good one is at the start, midgame. Only the end counts as a tribe.

Can't see how I can explain this more or easier. It seems understandable to me what I'm stating. If you don't agree, that's fine. Then we just have different opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Talking about facts: where is he now on w15?

UK15 I got mass catted by a family tribe in start up. I maintained the top ranks and rimmed every one of them that was near enough to me and then quit.

Having a huge ego is fun around people like these lot, especially Daz. It is very entertaining.

Regarding co-players and previous worlds.

W44 - Me solo in late game.

W53 - Won the world. Me and Hossain. then when we started playing not even 1hour a day James played and then when he stopped playing Asif played as well.

W57 - Me and Hossain.

W58 - Me, Grant (nMe) and in.active.

UK8 - Me and Bella.

UK13 - Me and Bella. Late start for me, first world you had to adapt to the PP but still maintained top ranks.

W64 - Me, Ian and Neo.

UK14 - Me, Cam + Neo through start up. All evenly shared playtime. At 10k points we doubled rank 2 including players like GIX, Nauz and Mbig. All very good.
Cam played very little from after there but still played.
We doubled rank 2 again at 30k points, rank 2 was Nauz.
0 PP used.

UK15 - Me and Cranky, then Me and Alvin (admittedly Nick+Julia played for a little bit too but they didn't have much interest and only played for first few days so up to maybe 600 points?)
A little PP used.

UK16 - Me, Dorin, Milad + Brad. Huge lead with 0 PP used through startup.

Classic - Me and CF. We are 400k points clear of rank 2, we are 900k points. We were double rank 2 a few days ago and we have killed every single rank 2 player in under 24 hours from attacking them.

The co's make a difference, but only to activity in most cases. Obviously having co's such as CF, Milad or Nauz (as it does atm with CF and Milad) makes a difference to in game as they also know what's best to do and have a large input on it. I wouldn't need them if I could sit there and play all day like some. Even to activity they don't make a huge difference (well some do ie Neo plays loads) especially when you have co's who play the same times as you (such as here. Me Milad and Dorin all play same times.)

It's a debate that's all too common. You could say to most that the co-players make them have the top ranks, but if it's a single player consistently at the top ranks with different co-players every time then surely you can't? Unless all the cos are amazing.. *cough*jeimizu*cough* :icon_wink:

I'm actually very happy the forums are being used so much atm.. Beats how dead they all are.

Anyway my new Adellion my original post is saying that if we all continue down this road then you'll have no one to prove your flicky hair skills too?

One tribe already saying you need to be vouched for by FOUR players to get an invite!!! So how many folks will get a chance at joining a decent tribe and being taught?

How many will be shown how to play the game. The banter and the what to click when stuff? Or shown how to lead?

Seriously this game is over if we go on.

Meechan fantastic ninja edit skills there!

Now I do agree with you here.

Infact I was saying it to Daz when he was telling me to join Nubs, that we shouldn't gang up all the top players in one tribe as nobody new will learn and the game will fail.
I then said we should merge Nubs and Exp with me and him leading (this was ages ago don't worry way before UNDER), and he said nobody will learn then but this is because I care more about me having fun (leading brings about fun for me) than others having fun on this game. How bad of me...

I'm happy to teach others and do help them if they ask.

DeletedUser10790

I think a player can be judged on the success or failures of every account he plays. However, these players have to be placed in different categories; you can't difinitively say one is better than another if one guy quits always at 100k ish (normally me) or someone who plays to the world end (many others).

In my mind, Will is the top startup player on UK ATM, few others can come close to him when he tries. Co-players do make a difference, but solid startup players can easily achieve the ranks with no night coverage and not huge activity during the day.

I would also say that Will's ego, although sometimes large, is not on an Adellion scale - yet at least.

Blue

DeletedUser

Anyone can get rank.1 with 5 coplayers. :icon_rolleyes:
each one of us has 3 co players ..... not hard to count really. Me and Will and Dorin and Brad.
It's pretty funny seeing said account fail to get the looter award.
yeah because they released daily awards like in middle of the day. and also our account was active like 14 hours that day (can't blame us. seeing nobody catching up to us makes us lazy) :icon_redface:
We got the looter the next day though. and even if we never get it, who cares It just means we are not as active as some others to not be able to get the looter with such troopcount.

:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

There is so much more to this game than stuffing an account with 5 others (yes yes we are counting the younger sister who farms and the brother that logs on when a badge wearing co player can't make the time) and farming heaps.
Adrian only sent mails I don't believe he farmed.
Oh and since you're counting like that you forgot to mention my 6 year old cousin who also helped send runs once while I was attending the guests in a party. or the time when my mom logged to my uk16 just to see what I play every day ( weird.... :icon_eek:)

honestly playing active solo is way better than playing co played accounts. the reason we chose to co play is because we have busy Real lifes. you can't hold that against us as there are players who play 18 hours a day and call it "Solo" . It's their life they can do whatever they want. nobody limited them to playing solo.

You are good but surely it is for the community to say who is best and all I have seen since returning is some mutual love in from fan bois.
fan bois are part of community aren't they?
Anyway we will see how you go I guess but all your accounts have or have had co players so surely your first line should have been, "nobody is better than those that play on my accounts?!"
oh please stop being so pathetic. It's not against the rules to have co players. if you envy us that much, go get some yourself. just because we can't afford to play this game more than couple of hours a day doesn't mean we don't get to be rank 1.

One tribe already saying you need to be vouched for by FOUR players to get an invite!!! So how many folks will get a chance at joining a decent tribe and being taught?
How many will be shown how to play the game. The banter and the what to click when stuff? Or shown how to lead?
Okay so now you're trying to flame us for recruiting good players? btw four players what? Will makes those decisions alone.

Edit: Will just pointed out you werent talking about us even though you were talking about us before and after this part. anyways, It's a game and It's about survival. Learning through trying to survive actually works pretty well. the expectation of every tribe recruiting every noob there is to teach is too high. besides I believe there are some newbies in every good tribe, but they make up for it with their activity. so there goes your point.

Without sounding like a Will lover, he probably is the best active player on uk atm.
Oh please. I'm much better than Will :icon_cool: hence the best current UK player .

I never seen an announcement yet however that the world has been won by a starting account, but only by a tribe.
I'm sure you can state that a starting account gives a good position and all sorts of arguments. But all that matters is the end.

Wrong. How many worlds has Nauzhror won?
All that matters is the end? are you serious? so we have to play like a year in one account in order to achieve " what matters" ? How about we play like 5 worlds in that time and achieve 5 startup achievements? wouldn't that be more fun?
You can compare it with a soccer match. You can have a good striker in team A, scoring a few goals at the start but being exhausted after a while and has to be replaced after a while. And you have team B who might not be the best at early, but working together well and eventually dominating the match.

No-one will care about that good striker in team A as team B has won the match.
terrible example. you have mixed points of exhaustion and losing in the same example. how does any of those 2 resemble our situation? but either way here's an answer

take Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid for example. Is he one of the best strikers there is? (best actually but some are Messi fanbois so meh) Yes he is. did Real Madrid win any cups this year? No. does that mean C.Ronaldo is no longer among the best strikers? (sorry i'm going to answer that since you like giving deluded answers and may answer this obvious question wrong :lol: ) No. He will most likely be nominated the best player of year 2013.

So it's not about individuals. It's about how good you can work together as a tribe.
Does having a top player helps? Yes naturally, but that alone won't cut it in the end.
How about this question. Does having more than few top players help?

And imo: even earlier achievements on earlier worlds playerwise or tribewise don't even matter in my eyes as that's a different world. But that might be just me not caring about names or earlier worlds.
That's debatable. say if you play soccer (using your example) and play as striker, and score at least 5 goals per match. then by the end of the year, you will get to brag about every single match that you scored at least 5 goals, as well as bragging in general. What Will referred to was the brag in general which he has earned.

Firstly, I thought being the best start up player was proven by being a single "Player" on an account? Definitely helps with multiple farmers.
Which do you prefer? multiple farmers or being able to play it all yourself and farm yourself? as you already guessed the point of multiple farmers is because the main player can't be there all day and has a life.

However, I am proud to say our account has no "farmer" and we are all "main players" . most decisions are discussed in skype chat by everyone instead of one player giving out orders and others obeying. Pretty Awesome I know :icon_cool:

Surely we all microfarm at start up and follow a similar build pattern... so doesnt being the best start up player mean the person who is able to have the most consistent access to their account to keep the LC out all day... and an area surrounded by non farmers?
Not necessarily. for example take smelly socks. He had the looter the other day meaning he kept more LCs out than us. does that make his account better than our account? I don't think so.

I dont know Will at all, (I never heard of him before W16) but from what i've seen, the account he is on is rank 1 but I understand its played by 3 people right? And the first village was a freebie under NAP, the second was a free barb... so its easy to hit the heights. I guess if he really is as good as he says then he will stay there for some time right?
Don't you dare give us the "you had it easy" Crap.
Opponents defeated: 56.508 (1.)
that was achieved without a single member supporting us so far (Well we never asked for it) . our first target failed to snipe but still he had over 5 hours to snipe it. so we did take the risk of attacking bigger player when everyone was nobling 1k points villages.
and our 2nd target restarted because he lost all his troops on us trying to backtime us (you can still see it in our profile).
We have worked for all our targets, we have been catted and attacked by many. one doesn't earn rank 1 ODT without going through the biggest wars of the world. so It's safe to say, If anything, we get to use this debate as our point and call it easy for "others" ....

-Milad

DeletedUser11971

^^ lolololol

read the first post in this thread. I am not having a go at co played accounts and am very much in favour of co played accounts so lets lose the pathetic tags please.

This is NOT about your account I picked it as it is ranked 1 so please don't take it personally indeed I was gently pointing out to Will (I prefer Roman Numerals Guy but meh) for the second time to give credit to his co players (which in fairness he has done on another thread).

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Do NOT start a convo re the pros of co playing and whether it is legal as you know who (the one that watches star trek a lot) will reappear and do any of us want that?! No good let us move on!

This thread is about getting cheap lols now against the future health of this server? Is this what we want and should we attempt to reign this in and stop the small cliques and make the game about rimming folk rather than getting folk to turn on their tribemates? Underhand play does and will always have a part to play but it seems it is now the be all and end all of this world.

Short term this is all very amusing but long term with no new players able to come through what are we left with. I guess I was appealing to the better players (nay godlike players what am I thinking of apologies your deityness) to maybe start to curb this behaviour before its all too late and every world starts with paranoid premades of players who only play with the same folk? This to me is just all wrong.

Anyway I do confess to snorting at the "I am the best" line (next time please lets have some music and cheering so for that I thank you!

DeletedUser

I would also say that Will's ego, although sometimes large, is not on an Adellion scale - yet at least.

Idk, though in fairness I didn't share many worlds with Ade, I just skyped him.

DeletedUser11546

UK14 - Me, Cam + Neo through start up. All evenly shared playtime. At 10k points we doubled rank 2 including players like GIX, Nauz and Mbig. All very good.
Cam played very little from after there but still played.
We doubled rank 2 again at 30k points, rank 2 was Nauz.

*cough* *cough* I played that account too if you do remember, even if it was very little :icon_sad: , wasn't my fault that i had rl problems to deal with. I'd say i played actively up to 500 points :lol:

DeletedUser

Nobody is better than me that actively plays this game, at start up anyway. Mid-game a few possibly better, late game definitely others that are better. (ie GIX)

Anyone who has been better, quit on their own accord. (ie Nauz)

Gixxer is the Nr 1 player on the UK server.

DeletedUser6695

Gixxer is the Nr 1 player on the UK server.

It's such a debatable subject, imo Last Wish is probably the best start up player to originate on the uk server closely followed by Luca and Will. Mid-late game Gixxer comes in but Luca is just as good if not better

DeletedUser6623

Activity is the biggest key to doing well in start-up. So it boils down to having no life, allot of co's or allot of sitters.

Having allot of co's or sitters doesn't make you the best start up player though as its not 'your' work imo.

DeletedUser12021

that was achieved without a single member supporting us so far (Well we never asked for it) .

lizards today at 13:21 Thanks Quote
if anyone around can, get me support before today at 17:31:15:705 . we're getting backtimed as expected
Edited by lizards today at 13:22
Bangers today at 13:23 Thanks Quote
Mail the closest members while i sort out who actually needs support...

Let me guess: a coplayer didn't inform you? :icon_wink:

(and of course this wasn't today)

DeletedUser

Let me guess: a coplayer didn't inform you? :icon_wink:

(and of course this wasn't today)
Here is the full report. do tell me other than like 30 archers where do you see any support? :lol:

only word I can think of is ...."Fail flaming attempt :lol: "

LOL Oh dear.

Proven to be a liar on normal as well Milad? :icon_rolleyes:
as well? lol yeah right you have never managed to catch any of my lies (reason must be obvious) whereas I have successfully caught you lying more than like 10 times :lol: .
Anyways I'd shut up if i were you:

lol umadbro?

I have it on good authority exp under or w/e backstabbed ppl in nubs, then daz disbanded the tribe because he's a fail.

And Daz, why are your drones declaring that this was resultant of an ExP backstab, then?

/me shrugs

People can say what they like.. doesn't make it fact :icon_rolleyes:

Go away matt you bore me so much it actually makes forums less interesting.

DeletedUser12021

Here is the full report. do tell me other than like 30 archers where do you see any support? :lol:

only word I can think of is ...."Fail flaming attempt :lol: "

Flaming? Really?
I never flame as it's just ridiculous and I don't care enough.

I was merely stating the lizzard account did ask for support even though you told you never asked it. ;)
I never stated wheter or not you got the support. Just pointing out your you asked for it.

DeletedUser

a mere post on forums asking 1 day earlier for support is barely asking for support. after some time I mailed players nearby and told them I don't need them.
you think if we ask for support 1 day in advance that's what we get? :O