Barb Munchers

DeletedUser

I'd rather be a 'tryhard' than never try at all. See which ethos yields the higher reward.

DeletedUser4753

I still disagree with pacmon and pushtyy, w13 is a bad example, as it seems the top growers didnt show up here.
w11 is restricted hauls is it not? so again hard to compare.

the same rule applies in start up s mid game, we take higher point player vills due at start up for growthm, doing so at midgame has the exact same result.

the player i refer to may have took internals, but look at the start date pacmon?

on compeative worlds you will rarely find a barb lover in the top ranks, thiers a clear reasonf for that.

DeletedUser11253

in 55 net with this account i did ok being a muncher till rl forced me to pass account to my brother
years ago in 19.net i also did ok munching barbs also
like i pointed out for me tribal is about villa location not point value of villas
i totaly understand that bigger the villa you take the quicker the troop count
but i rate folk different to you
i kinow smaller point players that snipe backtime do lots of things from the past but sadly were took out of worlds simply because they were over powered just because they felt them barbs next door were a no no
eg, player called luckorskill i remember from 55.net he had great account round me but month after i quit so did he
last email i got from him was im starting over m8 as a turtle makes more sense and he was one of the better players ive met along my travels in tw
fastest way to grow is hook up with a tribe with players quitting so you get tonds of free villas
slowest way is to pure barb munch
but i find just go with your feelings each day that passes is best for me..
13 is competitive maybe not as much as net worlds but for every month that passes its the clusters that will have more fun

DeletedUser

Players who cluster and barb munch imo will clearly dominate a player who only takes active enemy villas's. Location of villages are, imo, more important and vital than size of villages. Clearly a cluster of villages ( more often than not is created by barb munching) is a lot easier to manage both defensively and offensively, and is defiantly more difficult to penetrate than a selection of villages spread out of the K. Especially on a church world, for obvious reasons. Pacmon is spot on when he says continued farming makes nobles cheap...and clearly there is very little point in storing nobles in definitely. As long as you have nobles ready for war, anything else spare should be used for easy growth.

If all things are equal/similar in a war clearly if 1 tribe barb munches and the other refuses to do like wise...only 1 winner, the barb muncher.

I believe the negative press regarding barb munching, is not really founded, as tactically it is probably the best option if used when you have spare nobles from farming in mid/late game . However, it is also the most boring, and makes life easier both defensively and offensively. A skilled player who barb munches will more than likely destroy and over power a skilled player who refuses to barb munch.

I personally would like to see a world where barb munching is banned, or limited so how... it would be very very interesting.

DeletedUser11253

i think the topic about munching barbs is getting crossed wired
some are talking about growth and being at top of tree while others are talking about enjoying the game as it is a war game
bit like rl wars of the past countrys were took in the great war for there location to spring troops from not what they could get from that single country itself
id like to see that world also olo but would only be great setting if internaling was limited also
if settings were say 100 free villas only barbs/internals per player full stop then we would have to consider every villa we took

DeletedUser

I still disagree with pacmon and pushtyy, w13 is a bad example, as it seems the top growers didnt show up here.
w11 is restricted hauls is it not? so again hard to compare.

the same rule applies in start up s mid game, we take higher point player vills due at start up for growthm, doing so at midgame has the exact same result.

the player i refer to may have took internals, but look at the start date pacmon?

on compeative worlds you will rarely find a barb lover in the top ranks, thiers a clear reasonf for that.

I said pre-UK11, UK11 has relied on player conquests more so than any other I know - for the very reason of limited hauls. UK2, UK4, UK6, UK10. Dare I mention UK5? I really cannot be bothered to regurgitate my previous posts, so I'll just summarise...
- A good player farms.
- A good player uses nukes often.
This means two things - a lot of coins/nobles and a lot of downtime.
I leave you to place the rest.

Honestly, I would go as far as to say that barb nobling is labour-intensive farming.

DeletedUser

I said pre-UK11, UK11 has relied on player conquests more so than any other I know - for the very reason of limited hauls. UK2, UK4, UK6, UK10. Dare I mention UK5?

Go on. Be a devil. You know you want to. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser4753

A player fighting a major tribe with little help is going to be burning nukes to no avail, sure.

But a player nobling up smaller guys or attackng well as a team will have better yields.

Also we are not talking about players who attack and try to go for players, then noble a barb or 2 with whats left over.

Your taking about about a barb nobling strategy, ie barbs > player villages, which is clearly false, or are we moving the goal posts? in which case i agree barbs are not off limits.

DeletedUser

i think the topic about munching barbs is getting crossed wired
some are talking about growth and being at top of tree while others are talking about enjoying the game as it is a war game
bit like rl wars of the past countrys were took in the great war for there location to spring troops from not what they could get from that single country itself
id like to see that world also olo but would only be great setting if internaling was limited also
if settings were say 100 free villas only barbs/internals per player full stop then we would have to consider every villa we took

In terms of growth it is a no brainer. IMO a player who farms after start up will almost certainly have more nobles available at any given time than is necessary to actively noble enemies. So a strategy of barb munching along with enemy taking is the best strategy for growth. A tactic often employed by so called quality players is to position themselves highly within a tribe to get FREE INTERNAL VILLAGES... again a great strategy for growth but for some reason is less frowned upon than barb munching. Barb munching in isolation, would clearly produce slower growth than a mixture... but avoiding barb munching altogether would be a recipe for disaster unless of course you get your FREE INTERNALS on a regular basis.

Personally I'm not a fan of barb munching as it creates clusters, which limit the skill factor of the game. It is however a hurdle that must be over come... and i would usually combat barb munching with barb munching so that you do become overpowered.

Not a big fan of tribal leadership taking Internals either, but that is a non topic for another day.

DeletedUser4753

Haha,

lets look at sum facts

andy left, bad times but oh well
Xlapa deleted, uh oh

Barbs to left?
barbs to right?
criss cross
reverse reverse
(sorry carried away)

Yea 100's of 10k barbs all around me, n greedy xprd moving in on them, me dont really like barbs, but if it means take them or have a even more exposed area, well had to be done.

Speaking of barb awards.

*Cough* Go3mon *cough*

Oh n barb noblers will be punished, am not gunna wast no nobles :p

http://uk13.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/bbdad38928d4950a378848dd8806ab22
http://uk13.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/12b705bd25175f64ed8052c5cc7b1ae3
http://uk13.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/72f0fe37065415307699c13731ab225d
http://uk13.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/b887b9b25a08996e2cb9e7dd9ea03465

DeletedUser8195

I don't think nobling abandoned villages should be classed as barb nobling unless they're really small abandons.

DeletedUser

What you need to remember is sometimes with the noble limit the way it is, you don't get much choice, depending on how tight tribe cluster's and such are. Also sometimes it's useful for Churchs and such if you want overlaps as a precautionary measure :p

DeletedUser4753

a few barbs in amongst normal takes is fine, mass barbing outside existing clusters is stupid.

DeletedUser

Surely....."not necessarily"

On a noble distance limit world you may need a create a cluster......to jump to somewhere else?

Exactly, if there's plenty of red Dots within distance that's a different matter, but when you have nothing but blue you don't have much choice but to get a cluster and then slowly jump further and further :p