Barbs or Player????? That is the question

DeletedUser1511

imo some people on the externals are always gonna have digs at yu no matter what your skill, either because they find it fun or because they disagree with your playing style. in the end play the way you want to. if yu dont want to farm then thats your choice, people will obviously tell yu its better to do it but its just a game, have fun

Whether or not you find it fun, does not change whether or not it matches how the game was designed to be played...

DeletedUser7587

Whether or not you find it fun, does not change whether or not it matches how the game was designed to be played...

did innogames publish anywhere how to play the game? if you werent meant to play the game one way then i dont believe they wudve made it a feature. if the game was designed to only noble players then they wudnt have built the feature of being able to noble barbs

DeletedUser1511

did innogames publish anywhere how to play the game? if you werent meant to play the game one way then i dont believe they wudve made it a feature. if the game was designed to only noble players then they wudnt have built the feature of being able to noble barbs

And at which point did i mention you shouldnt noble barbs ?

DeletedUser

imo some people on the externals are always gonna have digs at yu no matter what your skill, either because they find it fun or because they disagree with your playing style. in the end play the way you want to. if yu dont want to farm then thats your choice, people will obviously tell yu its better to do it but its just a game, have fun

If you don't farm, you are going to get absolutely demolished at startup. Unless you ENJOY losing spectacularly, I suggest you farm. The more, the better (cause more farming = more resources = more coins/troops = more points/firepower etc etc)

DeletedUser

WOW! Umm... many examples I can introduce here...

Nuclear energy - can be used to provide efficient energy for us.

Or used to kill to us.

Did we ever prevent the 2nd? Are we still under the risk of nuclear war? Yes

DeletedUser

The was was not designed to be played any certain way.

The game play is pretty wide open, its up to the individual to come up with a strategy that works.

Tbh, its rather silly for anyone to criticize others for not playing the way they do.

DeletedUser

WOW! Umm... many examples I can introduce here...

Nuclear energy - can be used to provide efficient energy for us.

Or used to kill to us.

Did we ever prevent the 2nd? Are we still under the risk of nuclear war? Yes

What does this even mean?

If Innogames prevents barb nobling we'll still be at risk of barb nobling? I love forum logic...

DeletedUser

What does this even mean?
He means, they have created something that has two purposes. Farming to get extra resources and nobling to increase your rankings.

Farming can be good for your growth. (using nuclear power for energy)
Nobling can stop others growing hindering their growth. So good for you while bad for others. (using nuclear war heads kills everyone else so stops your enemies so good allowing you to do what you want).

Of course its a very simplified way of explaining it all and doesnt take into consideration nuclear missiles going back at you etc...

DeletedUser1511

The was was not designed to be played any certain way.

The game play is pretty wide open, its up to the individual to come up with a strategy that works.

Tbh, its rather silly for anyone to criticize others for not playing the way they do.

You seem to be working under the assumption i said barb nobling is wrong. I have not said that.
It is the most efficent way to grow.....
but yes this game was designed to be played in a certain way. And that way is very clear, if you miss that then not my fault.

We cant all we clever aye...

DeletedUser

You seem to be working under the assumption i said barb nobling is wrong. I have not said that.
It is the most efficent way to grow.....
but yes this game was designed to be played in a certain way. And that way is very clear, if you miss that then not my fault.

We cant all we clever aye...

No not saying that at all. In fact, if the game is designed to be played a certain way, it would seem to be designed to noble barbs.

There is a generally accepted method, there are certain things you need to do... (IE. Farming, etc.) If the game was designed to be played only one way, then everything would boil down to who can do things that one way the most, or more efficiently. (Ie. Start-up...)

While I have not yet nobled a barb, I will say to completely deny the benefit of any strategy because it makes you a "Noob" it stupid.

DeletedUser1511

No not saying that at all. In fact, if the game is designed to be played a certain way, it would seem to be designed to noble barbs.

There is a generally accepted method, there are certain things you need to do... (IE. Farming, etc.) If the game was designed to be played only one way, then everything would boil down to who can do things that one way the most, or more efficiently. (Ie. Start-up...)

While I have not yet nobled a barb, I will say to completely deny the benefit of any strategy because it makes you a "Noob" it stupid.

Yawn. You seem to have missed the point of my post. Hopefully one day when you grow big and strong you will understand it, and slap yourself on your head:)

DeletedUser

i farm...lots...if i last long enough hopefully i can learn more and develop better skills for attack and defense. however, the thread was barb or players....personally i think each has its own merit depending on your skill/location/experience and what you need. i needed a large village to acquire troops and resources...the other villages near me were either too small or already taken...so i took 2 barbs. in the end may not have the best choice but its one i made and can live with.

DeletedUser

Yawn. You seem to have missed the point of my post. Hopefully one day when you grow big and strong you will understand it, and slap yourself on your head:)

I'm rank 22 currently and started October 28...

You seem to miss my point...

This is a game of STRATEGY... you can't just follow a guide and expect to be rank 1. There are benefits to every strategy, there are drawbacks to every strategy...

The game wasn't designed to be played in one single cookie cutter way...

DeletedUser

I'm rank 22 currently and started October 28...

You seem to miss my point...

This is a game of STRATEGY... you can't just follow a guide and expect to be rank 1. There are benefits to every strategy, there are drawbacks to every strategy...

The game wasn't designed to be played in one single cookie cutter way...

I disagree, its not too hard to get rank 1 if u farm a lot and cluster up and noble barbs and turtle. However, it is a very boring and depressing way to play, as the main enjoyment gained from this game is the defeat of your enemies. You can't remain a turtle forever.

DeletedUser8385

awwww give simey some credit.... hes starting to internal now to mix it up (dull)

DeletedUser4270

Well nobling barbs, is something I think is an important issue to most players, the length of this thread, and the amount of good comments in it, is testament to that.

I think there are two issues here...

1. TW want to encourage new players to the game, they want it to be easy for them to take villages, and so the last few worlds they have made, have large barbs, and in World 6, the added bonus that barbs automatically upgrade thier techs to lvl 10, up to the capabilities of the smithy in the barb vill. This is a huge benefit, and of course not only makes it easy to take villages without fighting, but also gives you an advantage over players who work hard to take out other players.

2. Experienced players of TW prefer to take out other players, this is a war game, a noble is an expensive weapon, and best used to take out an enemy, and the only real way to win, at the end of the day, is to noble your opponents. Unless of course, you have unlimited tribe membership. In which case you can just hug and invite the whole world.

I think the solution to this is quite simple. Everytime TW make a new world, they should make two instead.

One for beginners, with high barbs, large tribe numbers etc, and one for experienced players with 1k barbs, and smaller tribe membership limits.

Personally I love the challenge of taking a real player out, I encourage everyone in Avaz to do the same, as far as I am concerned, nobling barbs is simply a waste of a noble, a barb is there to farm, and a noble is a weapon.

DeletedUser

Well nobling barbs, is something I think is an important issue to most players, the length of this thread, and the amount of good comments in it, is testament to that.

I think there are two issues here...

1. TW want to encourage new players to the game, they want it to be easy for them to take villages, and so the last few worlds they have made, have large barbs, and in World 6, the added bonus that barbs automatically upgrade thier techs to lvl 10, up to the capabilities of the smithy in the barb vill. This is a huge benefit, and of course not only makes it easy to take villages without fighting, but also gives you an advantage over players who work hard to take out other players.

2. Experienced players of TW prefer to take out other players, this is a war game, a noble is an expensive weapon, and best used to take out an enemy, and the only real way to win, at the end of the day, is to noble your opponents. Unless of course, you have unlimited tribe membership. In which case you can just hug and invite the whole world.

I think the solution to this is quite simple. Everytime TW make a new world, they should make two instead.

One for beginners, with high barbs, large tribe numbers etc, and one for experienced players with 1k barbs, and smaller tribe membership limits.

Personally I love the challenge of taking a real player out, I encourage everyone in Avaz to do the same, as far as I am concerned, nobling barbs is simply a waste of a noble, a barb is there to farm, and a noble is a weapon.

What with .net being littered with 3k barb worlds - I think that alone kind of counters your argument..

DeletedUser4270

Well I was talking specifically UK worlds, but even so, the point still stands, TW want new players, hence large barbs with bonuses, whereas experienced players want more of a challenge.

So it would seem to be a good idea to have worlds that are tailored to experienced players, and worlds that are tailored to new players that actually open at similar times in the UK.