Barbs or Player????? That is the question

DeletedUser7369

dear god this thread is so frustrating its making my brain stew. If you noble barbs you may feel like you are king for a day but you are clearly showing that you have no pride. i dont understand why making people see the futile nature of nobling barbs is like pulling teeth.

there is always some scumbag ready to suffocate my farming by taking barbs. you moan at them but they are growing so they think that's all right and they are the best thing in town.

i made an effort to target barb noblers but sometimes i feel like i am doing it all by myself. i used to get wound up by it but now i am a little desensitized. Can all the real players join me in showing each and every basket case barb nobling is not big or clever and make them go to the rim in misery maybe then the trend will burnout. they need to know there is no road to acceptance other than through enemies.

Well i hope i havent come across as too uptight in this post but i am a little :)

DeletedUser8468

So if I read that correctly your opinion is a NAY on the barb nobling?

:lol:

DeletedUser

listen up, little by little players will realise that whilst taking a barb may make you feel like a rock n roll star - in the end the only thing your going to do is go supanova! Its great that people soldier on, and I suppose the nature of reality means that the quiet ones just roll with it and take them. Some times you wonder whether people really know the things that make you feel alive.Personally I just roll with it, if someone wants to get their shakermaker on with a barb then let them do it - but when it comes to the point of putting your money where your mouth is, I think they're gonna be hung in a bad place. I can see the advantages in the smithy levels, but your still half a world away from a decent village. Bonus vills are abit different, sometimes I think you need to bag it up and snaffle them, they can make a serious difference when you bring it down. All around the world players do things differently and you wont find much acquiesce on what people think about it. Saying that, I'm just sat here with my cigarettes and alcohol looking at a bonus reccy village and thinking - day by day - its getting better (man).

Timmy

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7210

Barbs are for those without the integrity, troops, coins or two nobles to rub together to take out something that may bite back. Personally i think there must be a great skill i have missed to sending out 200 spears and a noble 5 times to take that pesky barb before the loyalty has shot back up. We state they are defenseless but by golly they have walls to combat :icon_eek: For those who have multiple villages then it is shameful as there are no churches on UK6 and no other excuses. Whatever the opinion at the end of the day barb munching is stealing farms, urine easy and leaving the world full of red dots on the map instead of taking out enemy members. Thus taking valuable time and nobles on taking out the barb munchers, when time and resources could be better spent elsewhere

DeletedUser

the answer to this question would be that both are the best way to go!!!

noble out the players to get rid of threats but also take the barbs close for quick support!!!

DeletedUser

at the start of a world the are plenty of noobs around !!!!! that you can take villages from and still leave the barbs for farming :) i have 4 villages and have not even looked at a barb :icon_rolleyes: so the is no reason for it non at all.... just look around and you will see some player that is just a point whore... THAT IS UR BARB!

DeletedUser5426

With the majority of takes on the rim at 1-3k players who know nothing about very costly research techs and neglect them terribly why would you not take a 3 k barb with all foot techs researched to 10 and some stable (as a rule) people get so hung up about this barb nobling thing and yet if they were only meant for farming TW would not let you noble them .... get with the programme!

DeletedUser8385

i would say the time it takes to make a 3k village profitable can negate the bonus of the techs, more so as nobles cost increasing amounts of coins

DeletedUser5426

It takes a lot longer to make a 1-3k players villa with no techs profitable mate. Read the full comment ?

DeletedUser

Its not always about village build and high techs as both of these can be built up. I can see your point but I would rather noble a player even if it was less points than a barb if that player is active for these reasons :- When you noble a 1 village player on the rim you a) gain a village b) remove a potential threat c) remove someone who is farming the same area as you d) improve your in game reputation.
Early game when you have little resources to mint coins and build troops the pull to noble a barb is great but this is a false tactic. Say you take 3 barbs and build them up, fill them up with troops. Meanwhile a 2k player who you considered nobling when you took your first barb has also used the same tactic. He isn't as good as you but he has managed to noble 2 barbs and build them. Now you look back at it and think I now have to noble 3 villages from my 4 instead of just the 1 village from my single village. You can also say you will have wasted 5 nobles on what were your farms!

Do you see where I am coming from? The key element that you need to think about is what others around you are doing. You can soon end up with a situation where you have to remove 4 or 5 villages from a player that you could have easily nobled early on and these villages cost you a great deal in troop loses and coins.

DeletedUser

Its not always about village build and high techs as both of these can be built up. I can see your point but I would rather noble a player even if it was less points than a barb if that player is active for these reasons :- When you noble a 1 village player on the rim you a) gain a village b) remove a potential threat c) remove someone who is farming the same area as you d) improve your in game reputation.
Early game when you have little resources to mint coins and build troops the pull to noble a barb is great but this is a false tactic. Say you take 3 barbs and build them up, fill them up with troops. Meanwhile a 2k player who you considered nobling when you took your first barb has also used the same tactic. He isn't as good as you but he has managed to noble 2 barbs and build them. Now you look back at it and think I now have to noble 3 villages from my 4 instead of just the 1 village from my single village. You can also say you will have wasted 5 nobles on what were your farms!

Do you see where I am coming from? The key element that you need to think about is what others around you are doing. You can soon end up with a situation where you have to remove 4 or 5 villages from a player that you could have easily nobled early on and these villages cost you a great deal in troop loses and coins.

This pretty much sums up why I don't noble barbs.

Basically, I farm all the barbs near me, when it shows up that one of my bookmarks is headed to an actual player (ie. someone nobled my farm) then i take the vil, and enjoy the high techs.

DeletedUser

Again another person who struggles to read :

out on the rim mate the barbs are bigger than most players !

If you're a barb-muncher, be a barb-muncher. Don't try and appear to be a victim of it :/

How many barbs would it take to be able to reach worthwhile players? 5? 10? 15?

You've nobled 20! They are all pretty much within a 20x15 area too! I think you have enough to send a train at a player, have 5 nukes hit before and have support land within a few seconds to secure a foothold somewhere. Anywhere, really.

I'm not trying to be an ethug or anything, I only have 2 villas and I'm in the core :p

In my opinion, even on the rim, it would be better to take a player vill and upgrade by farming instead of taking a decent farm away just to share what's left with the people around you. Just my two irons worth ;)

DeletedUser

If you're a barb-muncher, be a barb-muncher. Don't try and appear to be a victim of it :/

How many barbs would it take to be able to reach worthwhile players? 5? 10? 15?

You've nobled 20! They are all pretty much within a 20x15 area too! I think you have enough to send a train at a player, have 5 nukes hit before and have support land within a few seconds to secure a foothold somewhere. Anywhere, really.

I'm not trying to be an ethug or anything, I only have 2 villas and I'm in the core :p

In my opinion, even on the rim, it would be better to take a player vill and upgrade by farming instead of taking a decent farm away just to share what's left with the people around you. Just my two irons worth ;)

Umm no. If he's if a player has a single vil in the 1900-2000 point range, and you have a train.... You should have been farming him the whole time. Just my opinion, not worth a noble. If your ONLY choice is a 3000 point barb, or a smaller-then-3000 point player... why waste the noble on the player. farm him til he quits...

DeletedUser

Umm no. If he's if a player has a single vil in the 1900-2000 point range, and you have a train.... You should have been farming him the whole time. Just my opinion, not worth a noble. If your ONLY choice is a 3000 point barb, or a smaller-then-3000 point player... why waste the noble on the player. farm him til he quits...

I agree. Kinda.

That's sound advice for people in your immediate area and especially during the first month. I had terrible growth because I had to do it early on. I'm not great at this game and I started around people who are :(

It actually would have made sense for me to noble barbs. I'm not trying to be self righteous or anything, but when it came time to noble and I had a single vill, I chose a player that was a red dot (remember the whole Crom declares on Xig thing?) that had 5 vills. That's why my OD is higher than my points :(

But anyways, my whole point was to eat barbs so you can actually get somewhere to eat people if all you have on the rim is n00bs :(

So yeah, eat a barb over a 1k player villa. A few times. Maybe. But certainly don't do it 20 times and then tell everyone that you're forced to do it due to slow growth from your area.