Barbs Spread TB, Kilinl Cows an Stuff

DeletedUser

Its frowned up by Alpha... Why not the rest of the tribes?

Yet you house a player who has 50% barb nobling :icon_rolleyes:

Barb nobling has its uses. To relocate, to cluster etc. Sometimes its a good stop gap if you have had heavy losses and by the time you re build lost nukes etc those barbs taken 2 weeks early are of a decent size. Its a good strategy for church worlds but I would bet that over recent years barb nobling has become more popular. Noble a bunch of barbs, set up account manager and in a month you have a fullly built village equipped with troops and took no effort what so ever :lol:

DeletedUser3371

Just for ref. all quotes that do not have a specific name atached come from Mallards previous posts.
The top players doing it are not new players. Have a quick look at this growth ranking, and check the growth rankings conquest list. You will see that the top players in growth do not noble barbs.
At the same time, Winky's activity rivals some of the best out there as a solo player - but he is in fact, a new player, just learning the game.
Bit late but Winky was never a good farmer lol
In all honestly Baz, he has learned and improved signifigantly since the beginning of this world, just as some others in the tribe have learned that if you build only 5.5-7k of axe instead of 8-9.5k then you can use and re-build almost 3 new nukes to every 2 with the larger amount of axe that requires 2 out of 3 queues to be empty for longer. Add a better system for calling support and these are the little things that those that know how they should be done, take for granted but they add up and are the real basis for any 1/2 decent tribe. The relative increases in competitiveness tend to fly off the scale and at the end of the day makes any world where it happens a far more interesting place usually.

My main point for the others, was in fact the level of activity -
not whether or not they are new to the game. Now, Winky could have fired off 5 or 6 nukes at any number of players in order to get an extra village in far less desirable locations and the kudos of the wider community but instead he chose some barbs. We must now ask why, specifically at this stage when he had been doing so well up until this point.

APEX was preparing for an all out assault on WD so risking a number of his nukes against any smaller player with crappy morale could have potentially been a very big blow to the tribes ambitions. While Winky may personally be up there competing with the best, the rest of the tribe are not and he had at the time, nobles to burn( poor Robbo), yet he did not want to risk those precious nukes just before an Op. in which he hoped to play a vital role. Losing the nukes was not an option to even be considered, yet not to grow, is just a different kind of death in TW land.

... your regard for uk players skill sets is disappointing. I have met some of the best players of the game from the uk servers, an some of the biggest contributors to scripts and the community are indeed uk players an irish players.
I am not and was not trying to disrespect the top players here on the UK server. I was referring to the average skills set of the 7,000 + players that have played on or continue to play UK19, even when you include you, C-F and Gixxer in the mix! There are bad practices that can, as you say, easily be erased from the game, if these players are taught correctly but for now, are responsible for just as much of the poor game play on the world as anything else. Though unless some 1 teaches them the difference then they will continue, ad infinitum, or until they are nobled! :icon_surprised:

That some of the very best TWer's out there are UK and Irish players will get no argument from me. I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. The .co.uk server can already boast of a long list of very good and top class players that came back from .net when the .uk began and then went a very long way out of their way in order to teach these newer generations.

There is another thread that says in the opening post that says I am am the most helpful person on UK19. I would refute this to my last breath. Blue, C-F, Shifty, Baz and Jo reply unfailingly to any question posed here, I on the other hand, just tend to dish out lectures!
:icon_redface: There is a subtle, yet very big difference in that alone.

Yet where do we find all 5 of those players ig? Between them they play on 4 acc's in the same tribe as you do. Is there anyone in Alpha that you have found it necessary to teach about farming, sniping, barb munching (apart from no.4 on your list, which still begs the question, did he learn?
:icon_razz:) or have you actually taught anybody anything at all on this world? (Complaining about barb munching does not count, imo)
Where and with whom they play is a personal choice for those players and I won't slate them or you for it but at the same time you must admit while this continues to be common practice, berating the rest of the community for not learning while those that could teach 'cluster up'
:icon_wink: is just a little rich.

How about Gixxer? No reason under the sun to respect a poster like that or Authority Issues to a lesser extent (not in my eyes hun, but I can't do anything about that mis-conception) Yet ever since I first met Gix on UK2 and later Clara, I have never seen them fail to play with some new blood in their tribe and to teach somebody new on every world they play. That alone earns my respect and should do for the rest of the community if they ever consider for just a moment what it is that actually keeps the TW player base from failing completely. N.B. Free P.R. is never free, Gix.
:icon_eek:

While the skills needed to take out a player with a 3k -5k village when you are Winky's sized are to be lauded and teaching itself are another interesting topic, it is I believe, another topic. Sooooo , I'm sorry, and let me try and get back on track!

Forgive me, but I will now broaden the topic to all those taking barbs and not just concentrate on a few specific players and in the main use my tribe as an example.

The top players doing it are not new players. Have a quick look at this growth ranking, and check the growth rankings conquest list. You will see that the top players in growth do not noble barbs.
On the other side of that coin, every one of those acc's are members of of either of the top 2 tribes. If you like, the equivalent of Dubby's W1N opposition on UK1 and the opposition of W.A.R on UK2. While Dubby's activity, comparable with Winky's here (activity only for now), can match the top players, his tribes again as in Dubby's case on those other worlds, cannot match the competition.

This being a far smaller world than either of those 2, imo, means that we must recognise much faster and earlier on in the game, when exactly it is time to stop running around the map after an 'easy kill' as you put it and prepare properly for the war that is coming their/our way sooner rather than later.

To me it appears that you are basically saying we should spread out all over the map taking out these smaller and weaker players that cannot snipe, rarely dodge and generally cave at the first sign of an incoming because it is the way everybody else does it. No. Just no. Just because you do not wish to use every available option there is or look any further ahead than tomorrow and your next village, does not mean that I will by mutual consent, restrict myself or the tribe in such a short-sighted way. I believe it is every dukes responsibility to look as far forward as they can and do their best to predict what is coming down the line for the tribe as a whole. If you go back and read the UK1 and 2 external forums (Nobbler, Darthcalis, DeadMax - there were some interesting posters
:icon_twisted: when they weren't banned) from that time you will be reminded and see just how thoroughly Dubby was slated for it by players that in reality were not fit to lace on his armour when it comes to tactical game play. Yet time and time again he laughed at them and continued as he saw fit until they, finally, recruited him because if truth be told, they could not defeat him.

Compared to that, I ask where's the challenge, or even the fun to be had from knocking off a tiny little guy, to then in turn, fall to yours or Mayhem's axes in a couple of days, weeks or at most months from now because we are spread out all over the map?
Barb taking might not be sexy, but if done correctly it can be the difference between life and death at some future point when as a member of a smaller tribe, you actually face a real challenge.

It's short sighted and greedy! My first world... I attacked players, and nobled players... the barbs were there for resources!
LOL. By that, do you mean when we take barbs we reduce your income and potential growth? This point being a bad thing because ...... I dunno, I am at a loss here and need you to fill in the blanks for me. If we farm once or twice a day and you farm those same villages 4 times a day when we take them they improve our overall capabilities and restrict your income. It is only logical that at some stage both Alpha and Mayhem will turn bright red on our maps, possibly around the same time as they are currently encroaching upon us at approx. the same speed so why on earth do you assume that we should help accommodate, or rather aid and facilitate that growth. When I do finally get back to my acc. Winky will probably have a very detailed mono-syllable explanation for as to why this argument is mathematically flawed - bright boy that he is. Though for now I'll leave it as part of what is shaping up as very long post just to see if Shifty ever makes it this far.
It is a great tactic mid to late game and it's extremely useful to secure a front line.
Hi Simon, prefectly true, part of my argument, is that although UK19 is only open for a relatively short length of time, mid game and the different challenges that it provides to tribes are practically upon us. That mid-game period, when APEX as with most core tribes on other worlds, are highly likely to find ourselves with nothing but front lines for our whole circumference and going a step further that any barb in among our numbers will be a potential weak link that could be exploited along those lines. You can pull the other 1 with bells on it as well if you expect me to believe that at least some members of the current line-up of Alpha would not recoginse and attempt to exploit it should wee not cave in at the first full barrage of Alpha nukes fired in our direction.

Hmmm, perhaps we actually do need to go on a barb munching spree!?!?!!!

Now before those on the outside looking in, whom are not members of Alpha, Pinky and the Brain or Volkan and get too carried away by what Winky calls my silver tongue, this approach needs to be put it in context for when it is appropriate. It should never be confused with just munching for the sake of it. Whatever it looks like from the outside, players in APEX do not have permission to arbitrarily munch to their hearts content. We have a requirement that any player that wishes to take a barb must be able to field at least 1 train of 4 nobles before they can then take a barb with their 5th.
To many smaller players this in itself is sometimes a tough rule to follow, yet just because they are small does not excuse or exempt them from being a contributing member of the tribe.
On UK12, which was in a vastly different tactical setting our members were allowed to take 2-3 barbs each in order to reach and at the same time fill out our front line with the enemy. While at the time we were hugely out numbered in village count, points and on average far less active than the enemy many of those players, including myself went on to win the world - granted, in large part due to our combined efforts with our allies. That said, as in any war, a win is a win and any and all tactics that help you achieve it should not be summarily dismissed out of hand.

Finally here is a little reward for all of you that have taken on this epic journey with me to the end final leg, of my post.

Side 1:
Tribes: APEX
Side 2:
Tribes: WD

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 37
Side 2: 24
Difference: 13

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 219,037
Side 2: 129,383
Difference: 89,654

chart
Just a few final re-joiners to end with since, nobody will want me posting again any time soon ...
The top players doing it are not new players.
Gonna repeat this 1 just for giggles .. if you are referring to the top players in WD whom are not new players and yet are gobbling up barbs like they are going out of fashion .... well, in a round-about way, that may be our fault too! :icon_razz:
I have never seen an account that barb munches/internal they're way to the top last too long when war breaks out.
Yet, don't you love it when they never give up? :mad:
I'm no fan of barb munching and actually hate the idea of eating up my own farms
... not a good time to publicly congratulate you on being 3rd to noble a village/farm then? :icon_twisted:

Perhaps you are just mixing with the wrong crowd as they say :)
Nope, can't think of anywhere I'd rather be tbh. The pure joy at taking down your first war target is something I had forgotten from the mists of time and am thankful I have been reminded of it. The excitement and fun on our forums on a daily basis are second to none. Egos, rarely show themselves and never in relation to TW. Hmmm, since this is the UK19 PnP section and not the general ....

Applications to APEX are still open to the right candidates:-

1) Skype is Optional

2) Long term expectations must be minimal - yet still leave some room for expansion.

3) You must be willing to learn or at least attempt new/old things.

4) Desire to have fun while playing - Deal breaker.

5) Barb taking rules shall be relaxed so that anyone in close proximity to Mallard can ... no, no, best not. Not a sound tactic at the end of the day.
:icon_wink:

This I guess, would be the right time to thank C-F for never getting back to me when I applied to Alpha. The funny part is though if that is where Winky and I were now then the barbs would never have been a tactical necessity.

As for the OP and all those that have joined in since, if you assume that every player that takes a barb is a bad player you may be right. If you simply mistake bad for tactical planning then you run the risk of underestimating a potential adversary and when you do that , you are imo ...... a very bad player!

DeletedUser282

It's short sighted and greedy! My first world... I attacked players, and nobled players... the barbs were there for resources! The mechanics of the game are their to be learnt by the new players, an the bigger players who are representatives of this game should be advising them accordingly when running tribes. Not "yeah, noble someones farm... its fine"

Its frowned up by Alpha... Why not the rest of the tribes?

"But barbs are for farming!" is a stupid argument and always has been. If there is someone in your tribe who has surplus nobles for a long time (maybe they got really unlucky with a bunch of attacks and lost their offense, or maybe they are just bad at attacking) then nobling a barb does in fact make quite good sense, as then the mines of the barb can be raised and so the overall output in terms of resources from it to the tribe is increased.

Indeed upgrading lower resource levels gives you much better return per hour per res spent, so under the assumption of spare nobles (which is not in general for a good player a good assumption) it is better to noble the thing and raising mines (presumably at higher levels than the barb) in other villages.

Also it's worth noting that the actual building cost of raising a 26 point barb to a 10k village is less than the cost of a nuke. The reason (in a purely growth analysis) it would usually be better to take the cost in terms of lost O and noble a larger village is the opportunity cost of not having a bigger village with bigger mines producing that whole time (this is the main thing really), as well as bigger barracks and stable to produce more units more quickly.
If you're willing to assume that the new village wouldn't farm or would only farm resources that would previously have been farmed by your other villages (which is a silly thing to assume really) then the trade off including the opportunity cost from the lack of mines is probably around 3 nukes. After more than 3 nukes need to be spent per village barbs look better.

If someone is willing to spend a large amount of premium on building the barbs up more quickly then the benefits of nobling them are increased even more.

The argument that under most circumstances (especially earlier on- and assuming no premium spent on building it) nobling a barb is less good than nobling a player assuming you have spare offense is a good one. But OMG MY FARMS!!!!!!! Is not.

DeletedUser

While Winky may personally be up there competing with the best, the rest of the tribe are not and he had at the time, nobles to burn( poor Robbo

Not sure how or why my name popped up in that ever so long winded post but I never had any incomings from Winky. Also I never said he/she was a poor player, bad tactician or that they was an unpleasant person in any way shape or form. I merely pointed out he was gobbling up a lot of barb, at the time 8 in 20.

DeletedUser12641

nobeling barbs,
well why not if we were not allowed to noble them then we wouldnt,
but actually i can see no harm in it,
infact a good tactic to slow the farming hordes down,
and on other worlds it has been used to great effect,
players who frown on it o well tuff
look at it another way it means that player is building a villa up for you to take :]

DeletedUser3371

Not sure how or why my name popped up in that ever so long winded post but I never had any incomings from Winky. Also I never said he/she was a poor player, bad tactician or that they was an unpleasant person in any way shape or form. I merely pointed out he was gobbling up a lot of barb, at the time 8 in 20.

I believed the first post that mentioned Winky was to set him up for ridicule in the same way Lynge Jacobsen was ... by you Rob.

Perhaps not, but I can't find it in me to give you the benefit of the doubt.

As for the long winded post, alas 'tis very true, I always find I have more to say and never know when to stop! For that, I do apologise.

DeletedUser

Just for ref. all quotes that do not have a specific name atached come from Mallards previous posts.At the same time, Winky's activity rivals some of the best out there as a solo player - but he is in fact, a new player, just learning the game. In all honestly Baz, he has learned and improved signifigantly since the beginning of this world, just as some others in the tribe have learned that if you build only 5.5-7k of axe instead of 8-9.5k then you can use and re-build almost 3 new nukes to every 2 with the larger amount of axe that requires 2 out of 3 queues to be empty for longer. Add a better system for calling support and these are the little things that those that know how they should be done, take for granted but they add up and are the real basis for any 1/2 decent tribe. The relative increases in competitiveness tend to fly off the scale and at the end of the day makes any world where it happens a far more interesting place usually.

My main point for the others, was in fact the level of activity -
not whether or not they are new to the game. Now, Winky could have fired off 5 or 6 nukes at any number of players in order to get an extra village in far less desirable locations and the kudos of the wider community but instead he chose some barbs. We must now ask why, specifically at this stage when he had been doing so well up until this point.

APEX was preparing for an all out assault on WD so risking a number of his nukes against any smaller player with crappy morale could have potentially been a very big blow to the tribes ambitions. While Winky may personally be up there competing with the best, the rest of the tribe are not and he had at the time, nobles to burn( poor Robbo), yet he did not want to risk those precious nukes just before an Op. in which he hoped to play a vital role. Losing the nukes was not an option to even be considered, yet not to grow, is just a different kind of death in TW land.

I am not and was not trying to disrespect the top players here on the UK server. I was referring to the average skills set of the 7,000 + players that have played on or continue to play UK19, even when you include you, C-F and Gixxer in the mix! There are bad practices that can, as you say, easily be erased from the game, if these players are taught correctly but for now, are responsible for just as much of the poor game play on the world as anything else. Though unless some 1 teaches them the difference then they will continue, ad infinitum, or until they are nobled! :icon_surprised:

That some of the very best TWer's out there are UK and Irish players will get no argument from me. I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. The .co.uk server can already boast of a long list of very good and top class players that came back from .net when the .uk began and then went a very long way out of their way in order to teach these newer generations.

There is another thread that says in the opening post that says I am am the most helpful person on UK19. I would refute this to my last breath. Blue, C-F, Shifty, Baz and Jo reply unfailingly to any question posed here, I on the other hand, just tend to dish out lectures!
:icon_redface: There is a subtle, yet very big difference in that alone.

Yet where do we find all 5 of those players ig? Between them they play on 4 acc's in the same tribe as you do. Is there anyone in Alpha that you have found it necessary to teach about farming, sniping, barb munching (apart from no.4 on your list, which still begs the question, did he learn?
:icon_razz:) or have you actually taught anybody anything at all on this world? (Complaining about barb munching does not count, imo)
Where and with whom they play is a personal choice for those players and I won't slate them or you for it but at the same time you must admit while this continues to be common practice, berating the rest of the community for not learning while those that could teach 'cluster up'
:icon_wink: is just a little rich.

How about Gixxer? No reason under the sun to respect a poster like that or Authority Issues to a lesser extent (not in my eyes hun, but I can't do anything about that mis-conception) Yet ever since I first met Gix on UK2 and later Clara, I have never seen them fail to play with some new blood in their tribe and to teach somebody new on every world they play. That alone earns my respect and should do for the rest of the community if they ever consider for just a moment what it is that actually keeps the TW player base from failing completely. N.B. Free P.R. is never free, Gix.

While the skills needed to take out a player with a 3k -5k village when you are Winky's sized are to be lauded and teaching itself are another interesting topic, it is I believe, another topic. Sooooo , I'm sorry, and let me try and get back on track!

Forgive me, but I will now broaden the topic to all those taking barbs and not just concentrate on a few specific players and in the main use my tribe as an example.

On the other side of that coin, every one of those acc's are members of of either of the top 2 tribes. If you like, the equivalent of Dubby's W1N opposition on UK1 and the opposition of W.A.R on UK2. While Dubby's activity, comparable with Winky's here (activity only for now), can match the top players, his tribes again as in Dubby's case on those other worlds, cannot match the competition.

This being a far smaller world than either of those 2, imo, means that we must recognise much faster and earlier on in the game, when exactly it is time to stop running around the map after an 'easy kill' as you put it and prepare properly for the war that is coming their/our way sooner rather than later.

To me it appears that you are basically saying we should spread out all over the map taking out these smaller and weaker players that cannot snipe, rarely dodge and generally cave at the first sign of an incoming because it is the way everybody else does it. No. Just no. Just because you do not wish to use every available option there is or look any further ahead than tomorrow and your next village, does not mean that I will by mutual consent, restrict myself or the tribe in such a short-sighted way. I believe it is every dukes responsibility to look as far forward as they can and do their best to predict what is coming down the line for the tribe as a whole. If you go back and read the UK1 and 2 external forums (Nobbler, Darthcalis, DeadMax - there were some interesting posters
:icon_twisted: when they weren't banned) from that time you will be reminded and see just how thoroughly Dubby was slated for it by players that in reality were not fit to lace on his armour when it comes to tactical game play. Yet time and time again he laughed at them and continued as he saw fit until they, finally, recruited him because if truth be told, they could not defeat him.

Compared to that, I ask where's the challenge, or even the fun to be had from knocking off a tiny little guy, to then in turn, fall to yours or Mayhem's axes in a couple of days, weeks or at most months from now because we are spread out all over the map?
Barb taking might not be sexy, but if done correctly it can be the difference between life and death at some future point when as a member of a smaller tribe, you actually face a real challenge.

LOL. By that, do you mean when we take barbs we reduce your income and potential growth? This point being a bad thing because ...... I dunno, I am at a loss here and need you to fill in the blanks for me. If we farm once or twice a day and you farm those same villages 4 times a day when we take them they improve our overall capabilities and restrict your income. It is only logical that at some stage both Alpha and Mayhem will turn bright red on our maps, possibly around the same time as they are currently encroaching upon us at approx. the same speed so why on earth do you assume that we should help accommodate, or rather aid and facilitate that growth. When I do finally get back to my acc. Winky will probably have a very detailed mono-syllable explanation for as to why this argument is mathematically flawed - bright boy that he is. Though for now I'll leave it as part of what is shaping up as very long post just to see if Shifty ever makes it this far.
Hi Simon, prefectly true, part of my argument, is that although UK19 is only open for a relatively short length of time, mid game and the different challenges that it provides to tribes are practically upon us. That mid-game period, when APEX as with most core tribes on other worlds, are highly likely to find ourselves with nothing but front lines for our whole circumference and going a step further that any barb in among our numbers will be a potential weak link that could be exploited along those lines. You can pull the other 1 with bells on it as well if you expect me to believe that at least some members of the current line-up of Alpha would not recoginse and attempt to exploit it should wee not cave in at the first full barrage of Alpha nukes fired in our direction.

Hmmm, perhaps we actually do need to go on a barb munching spree!?!?!!!

Now before those on the outside looking in, whom are not members of Alpha, Pinky and the Brain or Volkan and get too carried away by what Winky calls my silver tongue, this approach needs to be put it in context for when it is appropriate. It should never be confused with just munching for the sake of it. Whatever it looks like from the outside, players in APEX do not have permission to arbitrarily munch to their hearts content. We have a requirement that any player that wishes to take a barb must be able to field at least 1 train of 4 nobles before they can then take a barb with their 5th.
To many smaller players this in itself is sometimes a tough rule to follow, yet just because they are small does not excuse or exempt them from being a contributing member of the tribe.
On UK12, which was in a vastly different tactical setting our members were allowed to take 2-3 barbs each in order to reach and at the same time fill out our front line with the enemy. While at the time we were hugely out numbered in village count, points and on average far less active than the enemy many of those players, including myself went on to win the world - granted, in large part due to our combined efforts with our allies. That said, as in any war, a win is a win and any and all tactics that help you achieve it should not be summarily dismissed out of hand.

Finally here is a little reward for all of you that have taken on this epic journey with me to the end final leg, of my post.

Side 1:
Tribes: APEX
Side 2:
Tribes: WD

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 37
Side 2: 24
Difference: 13

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 219,037
Side 2: 129,383
Difference: 89,654

chart

Just a few final re-joiners to end with since, nobody will want me posting again any time soon ...
Gonna repeat this 1 just for giggles .. if you are referring to the top players in WD whom are not new players and yet are gobbling up barbs like they are going out of fashion .... well, in a round-about way, that may be our fault too! :icon_razz: Yet, don't you love it when they never give up? :mad: ... not a good time to publicly congratulate you on being 3rd to noble a village/farm then? :icon_twisted:

Nope, can't think of anywhere I'd rather be tbh. The pure joy at taking down your first war target is something I had forgotten from the mists of time and am thankful I have been reminded of it. The excitement and fun on our forums on a daily basis are second to none. Egos, rarely show themselves and never in relation to TW. Hmmm, since this is the UK19 PnP section and not the general ....

Applications to APEX are still open to the right candidates:-

1) Skype is Optional

2) Long term expectations must be minimal - yet still leave some room for expansion.

3) You must be willing to learn or at least attempt new/old things.

4) Desire to have fun while playing - Deal breaker.

5) Barb taking rules shall be relaxed so that anyone in close proximity to Mallard can ... no, no, best not. Not a sound tactic at the end of the day.
:icon_wink:

This I guess, would be the right time to thank C-F for never getting back to me when I applied to Alpha. The funny part is though if that is where Winky and I were now then the barbs would never have been a tactical necessity.

As for the OP and all those that have joined in since, if you assume that every player that takes a barb is a bad player you may be right. If you simply mistake bad for tactical planning then you run the risk of underestimating a potential adversary and when you do that , you are imo ...... a very bad player!
Good God man, i can't believe you actually had the time and inclination to sit down and write all that!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3371

The thing Superman doesn't tell folks is that the wearing of underpants on the outside of your trousers can be extremely uncomfortable! :icon_cry: So sometimes you just have to put an argument to bed once and for all so you can ....

.... chillax in comfort for a while.

I am pretty sure the good folks would have worked out what you were talking about without quoting all of it tho.
:lol:

DeletedUser

Good God man, i can't believe you actually had the time and inclination to sit down and write all that!!

Dude.. you should see his Circ mails and tribal forum posts :-D

Personally I wouldn't have it any other way though.
Having come across Peter on uk2 I am glad to be working hard for him and the other members of Apex.

I also fought against dubby on uk2. I took a grand total of 2 villages from him (impressive I know)
I had to work hard just for those two. Why? Because he clustered very quickly with a high ratio of def villages. Different tactics work for different players.

No one should judge how someone else choses to play the game ... it is better to put those efforts into adapting your own game play style to deal with them instead.