Barbs Spread TB, Kilinl Cows an Stuff

DeletedUser12641

ok what is a skill
learning something is a skill
does not matter how easy or hard a task is
so playing tribal wars is a skill with all its functions,
just like learning to walk and talk its a skill but most of us can do it so we dont see it as a skill
lesson over subject closed

DeletedUser

ok what is a skill
learning something is a skill
does not matter how easy or hard a task is
so playing tribal wars is a skill with all its functions,
just like learning to walk and talk its a skill but most of us can do it so we dont see it as a skill
lesson over subject closed

Learning a 'skill' isn't a skill.. A skill is a function learned through practice. Anything in the world can be learned, it just takes practice. By your logic it takes skill to learn a skill, which is counter productive. :?

DeletedUser4411

By your logic it takes skill to learn a skill, which is counter productive. :?

If somebody is great with their hands, say a carpenter. He then decides to use his skills to learn how to carve wooden sculptures, would that be counter productive?

DeletedUser

I'm wondering If Winky Pixie is after the title from Lynge Jakobsen now he's quit with 8 barbs out of 20 conquers.

DeletedUser3371

I'm wondering If Winky Pixie is after the title from Lynge Jakobsen now he's quit with 8 barbs out of 20 conquers.

Don't you wish you knew how to farm enough to have that many nobles to spare?

Jelly much?
:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

he should be re capping your tribes villas rather than taking 600 point barbs. Just a suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3371

Never been a boy scout have you?

The basic orienteering badge isn't very hard to earn I believe .... and if you had learned to read a map and not just the stats page perhaps you would have realised without me having to point out to you that he isn't and at no point has been, in a position to even attempt those re-caps you suggest.

Furthermore, I believe if you had ever earned a boy scout badge, you would also have realised with just a glance at his map position that he has run out of any sort of high value target in his immediate vicinity and all the while 2 other tribes, namely Alpha and Mayhem are moving closer to him.

He is simply clustering up which in and of itself is a tried and tested tactic proven to work extremely effectively when done properly. For further lessons in that, please PM Dubby the Mule from the members list.

DeletedUser

I have never read a text with a more condescending tone in my life. Well done.

DeletedUser3371

Thank you. I do my best.

You would be amazed how many peeps actually miss that.

SO, well done you! There may be hope for you yet. ;)

DeletedUser11866

Clustering is one of the most effective TW strategies there are out there, and yes strategies because it is a long term thing and not a short term policy, why do you think it takes every tribe world after world to effectively control the core of every world provided they move from the outside of the core to into the core.

DeletedUser8772

Never been a boy scout have you?

The basic orienteering badge isn't very hard to earn I believe .... and if you had learned to read a map and not just the stats page perhaps you would have realised without me having to point out to you that he isn't and at no point has been, in a position to even attempt those re-caps you suggest.

Furthermore, I believe if you had ever earned a boy scout badge, you would also have realised with just a glance at his map position that he has run out of any sort of high value target in his immediate vicinity and all the while 2 other tribes, namely Alpha and Mayhem are moving closer to him.

He is simply clustering up which in and of itself is a tried and tested tactic proven to work extremely effectively when done properly. For further lessons in that, please PM Dubby the Mule from the members list.

That is aload of rubbish mate, duppy was in a tribe that took that area! You make it sound like he want on a barb hunt from the off like most of the top ranked players here seem to be doing. You know who you are!!

I was in the same tribe as duppy, an his ignorance to continue was because the rest of the world left was filled with snakes.. And pro's cough cough.

So your argument is invalid. Thank you.

DeletedUser3371

The only thing I have suggested Robbo should do, just in case he if he didn't know how to, was ask Dubby for lessons on clustering up. Btw, sorry Robbo, but no badges until you prove you can read the map. Perhaps if you did a good top ten review I could give you rep. for it?

Can we agree Mallard, that Dubby is, was and always will be 1 of the best out there at clustering up? For now and until you tell me differently, I am going to assume that we can.

At no point Mallard, did I make the argument that you have introduced.

Please feel free to quote back to me any part where I suggested, Winky Pixie was in any way shape or form, in a similar position to Dubby, on either UK1 OR UK2.

Dubby did cluster up effectively on both worlds. How and why he did it I will leave to those that knew him better than I to explain - such as yourself. In which case you still have a second world to explain why and how he found himself clustering up again. Were the reasons he clustered up exactly the same on both?

On this world, the how and why has not been explained except for when I alluded to the fact that both Mayhem and Alpha are moving in Winky's direction and yet he/we are not currently at war with either of them. Perhaps you think he should start a war with 1 or both of them just to satisfy his needs rather than those of the tribe?

Once you have a quick re-read and see for yourself that those points are all there perhaps you will understand why I am going to throw this out there again.
Right back @ ya! So, thanks for trollin' and do come back again soon. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser8772

Whatever you say mate. To be honest, I havent read a single word of your reply... Ignorant? Absolutely.

I have to say, the current latest an live enoblement list are embarrassing for .uk servers! There is a genocide happening on your doorstep of your farms/barbs! This tactic can work well for clustering late game (ok, I did read abit peter :) ) but this early on? It isnt just one tribe either... you are all at it, even some of the well respected players from other worlds.

The rank 1 tribe... check their conquest list, then check your own. I know morale is a killer on this world an puts the bigger players off, but surely, actually fighting other players is alot more fun than fighting barbs... Can you even call it that? A fight?

Don't waste your money on barbs... make the world interesting again an fight other players!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

According to a recent study by the jackass academy of TW, barbs offer greater competition than a lot of players nowadays. :lol:

DeletedUser3371

... Ignorant? Absolutely.

That last dig was a bit so I will apologise for it.

If you want to actually debate the barb munching on a tactical level in general terms without having a pop at anybody in particular I welcome it with open arms. You are the rare exception to the rule around here it seems.

As for the rest, I am happy to stand over everything else I have said. You are dreaming of the ideal world where everybody is a top class player and knows the ins and outs of game mechanics like the back of their hand.
That's a wonderful dream scenario but this is the UK server and the big fish in the little pond and still usually just an average size fish.
There is .net and even TW Masters now if you feel you aren't getting a high enough level of competition here, for you and all those that want to challenge themselves against all comers.

Meanwhile, for us taking a reality check, here on the UK, the simple fact is that worlds this size move very fast in relative terms of control. If you don't have 1/2 a dozen co-players or generally subscribe to the Nauz philosophy of you're pathetic if you don't set an alarm to farm 3 times a night then you must find other ways and means to combat and compensate for size differences between the smaller player whom, if not now then soon, will surely face attack from much larger players in the coming weeks.

Dubby, was fighting on both UK1 and 2 against groups where the total points was on average 10 times larger than his acc. at their respective times. Here is where similarities may be drawn, imo. These fun and rapidly moving worlds providing exciting growth and spread for those at the top of the food chain but as you move down the levels of activity, size and general ability then that pace quickly becomes a very real concern that must be compensated for before it is your turn in the firing line or you will surely perish to greater fire power and better organisation.

Dubby didn't set out on either UK1 or 2 to play defensively but he did see it coming and adapted his approach to suit his circumstances and when he did he prepared well - then and only then - was he capable of having more fun defending than any attacker did fighting against him.

As much short range support as possible has always been the preferred method of countering the attacker when you are out gunned for a very good reason - it works - when done correctly.

For you attacking is the fun part, for others, there is often an equal amount of fun to be had from defending as well as you are capable of which in particular for those smaller, non co-played acc's that recently took a massive hit in the game mechanics with the loss of attack id's as a means of tagging incoming the alternatives are far more restricted.

Now on to specifics. I have no problem talking further about the acc. of either player, Winky Pixie or Lynge Jackobsen (or my own) regarding barb munching in regard to their usefulness in respect to the tactics on this world. I can't speak for Lynge but I know Winky's reasons were sound regardless of what Robbo thinks and am happy to debate the finer points too.

My own, well, I have never claimed to be a great player regardless of what you think the name stands for. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser8772

Hi Peter,

Again, nice post an some rather some interesting points where taking barb villages is a valid tactic. Its hard for me to imagine duppy doing that as I played along side him for quite awhile. He never had any intention of doing that I am 100% sure of, but we quit the world an he decided to stay alone and fight on.

Remind me who the top rank tribes are fighting at the moment? I can understand newer players using it, as you quite rightly stated the pace of top players growth will vastly supersede that of newer players.

The top players doing it are not new players. Have a quick look at this growth ranking, and check the growth rankings conquest list. You will see that the top players in growth do not noble barbs.

1 1 Pinky and the Brain W.A.R 458,954 58 7,865
2 2 Practice Makes Perfect Alpha 313,560 36 5,794
3 8 Crowd Control Alpha 228,996 28 5,481
* removed as he is a barb muncher
5 5 carsberg Alpha 280,730 33 5,269

My account has not taken a single barb, yet we are 3rd. Its not that difficult to attack players, infact its easier than defending.

It's short sighted and greedy! My first world... I attacked players, and nobled players... the barbs were there for resources! The mechanics of the game are their to be learnt by the new players, an the bigger players who are representatives of this game should be advising them accordingly when running tribes. Not "yeah, noble someones farm... its fine"

Its frowned up by Alpha... Why not the rest of the tribes?

DeletedUser8772

Hi Peter,

Again, nice post an some rather some interesting points where taking barb villages is a valid tactic. Its hard for me to imagine duppy doing that as I played along side him for quite awhile. He never had any intention of doing that I am 100% sure of, but we quit the world an he decided to stay alone and fight on.

Remind me who the top rank tribes are fighting at the moment? I can understand newer players using it, as you quite rightly stated the pace of top players growth will vastly supersede that of newer players.

The top players doing it are not new players. Have a quick look at this growth ranking, and check the growth rankings conquest list. You will see that the top players in growth do not noble barbs.

1 1 Pinky and the Brain W.A.R 458,954 58 7,865
2 2 Practice Makes Perfect Alpha 313,560 36 5,794
3 8 Crowd Control Alpha 228,996 28 5,481
* removed as he is a barb muncher
5 5 carsberg Alpha 280,730 33 5,269

My account has not taken a single barb, yet we are 3rd. Its not that difficult to attack players, infact its easier than defending.

It's short sighted and greedy! My first world... I attacked players, and nobled players... the barbs were there for resources! The mechanics of the game are their to be learnt by the new players, an the bigger players who are representatives of this game should be advising them accordingly when running tribes. Not "yeah, noble someones farm... its fine"

Its frowned up by Alpha... Why not the rest of the tribes?

And just to add... your regard for uk players skill sets is disappointing. I have met some of the best players of the game from the uk servers, an some of the biggest contributors to scripts and the community are indeed uk players an irish players.

Perhaps you are just mixing with the wrong crowd as they say :)

DeletedUser12025

I'm no fan of barb munching and actually hate the idea of eating up my own farms, although it does have its place in the game. It is a great tactic mid to late game and it's extremely useful to secure a front line.

In the relatively short time (compared to some) I have been playing, I have never seen an account that barb munches/internal they're way to the top last too long when war breaks out. I suppose it's down to one of many things, lack of fighting skills, boredom, etc......

You you could talk about this forever and still get nowhere.

DeletedUser11866

Its just about finding the balance tbh .... you cant survive off internals, you cant survive off barb munching (unless you know the game mechanics and have a ridiculous amount of pp to spend) but then you wont be able to survive if you dont have some sort of cluster base if that makes sense(not saying that you will fail if you dont barb munch just saying you will need clusters to survive because if you are too thinly spread you will get over run later on in the game).