Barbs Spread TB, Kilinl Cows an Stuff

DeletedUser9598

Dude chefs make the best gardeners

And Meec dont pretend you dont put tw down on your CV next to Football Manager and Black OPs

DeletedUser5582

No But I wouldn't list cooking as a skill if I was going for a job in gardening either.

:icon_biggrin: ha that made me laugh!

@Meechan. So clicking things requires no skill. Knowing the theory of what to click requires no skill. Knowing what to click and when to click it and actually managing to click it requires no skill either?

Knowing is knowledge and that is an acquired skill. Thats why you contradicted yourself. Simples.

Also this new found tartan Buddhist thing you have going is going to slip if you keep bashing folk who disagree with you...

DeletedUser

You don't??

No But I wouldn't list cooking as a skill if I was going for a job in gardening either. I'm sure you don't list everything you're good at or have learned to be good at or all your 'skills' when you go for a new job. Plus I'm not good enough to put it on my CV yet.

Nice off topicness, please stay on topic.

You define playing tribalwars as a skill, please elaborate how it is a skill as you have shown nothing to back up your claim.

p.s Yeah I list all my skills on a CV, makes you look more desirable to an employer if you have many skills.

DeletedUser

Nice off topicness, please stay on topic.

You define playing tribalwars as a skill, please elaborate how it is a skill as you have shown nothing to back up your claim.

p.s Yeah I list all my skills on a CV, makes you look more desirable to an employer if you have many skills.

I already elaborated on why I consider it a skill and You replayed by asking if I'd put it on my CV. My off topicness was a reply to that.

I hope you don't list arguing as a skill because you're far from it.

DeletedUser

:icon_biggrin: ha that made me laugh!

@Meechan. So clicking things requires no skill. Knowing the theory of what to click requires no skill. Knowing what to click and when to click it and actually managing to click it requires no skill either?

Knowing is knowledge and that is an acquired skill. Thats why you contradicted yourself. Simples.

Also this new found tartan Buddhist thing you have going is going to slip if you keep bashing folk who disagree with you...

Nice dodge on actually posting anything towards my last post to you :icon_rolleyes:

O I see, so by your reckoning, knowing is knowledge and that is an acquired skill(your words). So now knowledge is a skill?

As in things you know are a skill? I think not Jo.

1.Knowledge refers to theoretical information acquired about any subject whereas skills refer to practical application of that knowledge
2.Knowledge can be learned whereas skills require practical exposure and can also be in-born
3.Ultimately, both knowledge and skill is required to master a field of study

@Robbo, Oh I see, is that so. I suppose you dodging my question about clicking was supposed to somehow be an effective post that wasn't off topic? Which was what i was referring too when I mentioned off-topic :icon_rolleyes:

Anyway, playing an online internet game is not a skill. Its quite saddening to see people class it as one of their skills.
Playing TW 'well' is more a technique, the method you use to play the game defines how well you will do. As I've already said( if you had bothered to read my posts) a monkey could click and play this game if you showed it how.

DeletedUser

The game rules are not inclusive of our personal desire to play, the perfect game, pp gaming is new .. It is has always will be the reason that new internet and console instant games will have a short shelf life, once you are priced out you lose, it's not the case here yet ... However we all know that pp is not the problem .. Cos them guys build vills for the bot men, co players unleveling a playing field ..and complaIning about others getting an advantage that they have to pay for lol ... Takes the biscuit

DeletedUser

Ps If anyone understands what I just said can they put it in English so I can check its what I meant to say...

DeletedUser

I didn't dodge anything I just didn't want to waste my time retyping what I'd already typed once. I explained what is considered a skill ie leaning something new and getting good at it. Not a whole lot of difference in the words technique and skill. You're just going round in cycle's now.

Monkey see monkey do.

DeletedUser

Ps If anyone understands what I just said can they put it in English so I can check its what I meant to say...

Allow me.

There are many ways how an account can be improved long before the PP system came in, such as co-playing; it's an instant advantage to have an account manned 24 hours a day, and will soon outgrow your neighbours. PP is just another form in which a player can gain an advantage, or presumably keep in step with the co-played accounts.

Kilroy

DeletedUser6695

Can anyone summarise this argument?

I saw one point from Meechan about this game requiring no skill. I agree to an extent, once you know what to do it's mainly repetition. Most people don't actually know the games mechanics though. So meh, I guess the game requires an extent of knowledge

DeletedUser5582

Summary:

Blue (writing his name many times) posts musing on buying barbs

Meechan, having discovered Buddhism and swearing never again to eat a deep fried mars bar, says "leave the guy alone its his choice"

WethreeKings disapproves of the Meechan post.

Meechan, temporarily forgetting he is a Buddhist eats a deep fried mars bar, and tells wethreekings to take a long hard look at himself and this game requires no skill.

I point out that Meechan whilst protesting about others being bashed has just bashed someone and that this game needs knowledge which is indeed a skill.

Robbo makes a great point re gardening, cooking sushi and skill is all in the ey of the beholder.

Meechan then quotes bits from several other posts to explain why skill you are born with, knowledge is learnt so therefore is no skill in TW (so how do you explain the creation of Will Meechan Huh huh). Meechan rants about everybody willfully avoiding his points in his essays then sulks.

Tigerstripe drinks a lot of Merlot and posts.

Kilroy translates.

Meechan picks up his toys and wanders off in a tantrum.

In a nutshell is pointless arguing this anymore as Mechan will never accept that learning knowledge is a skill. You either believe this and your name is Meechan. Or you don't and you are simply another member of the human race.

Final point. Driving a racing car very fast is a skill. I cannot drive racing cars very fast (never tried but I just know). You could teach me to do this though if you invested enough time and tuition. I would never win races but am sure I could master it in time.

I started playing TW and others were extremely good at it. I wasn;t as had never tried before. I was taught. It took time (and patience!!). I will never be flicky haired but I have mastered the game.

DeletedUser3371

In a nutshell is pointless arguing this anymore as Mechan will never accept that learning knowledge is a skill. You either believe this and your name is Meechan. Or you don't and you are simply another member of the human race.

Hi, my name is, Meecham :icon_rolleyes:

For the purposes of this debate at least. Saul on the road to Damascus seems more apt than Buddhism but it's your simile. Though the zealotry of a convert is rarely matched apparently.

Gee, I hope I don''t get another like what I got for sayin' "I am Spartacus"

I think you forgot to actually mention teh topic in your re-cap Jo, or did 'musing on buying barbs' cover it?
:icon_razz:

DeletedUser5582

the musing bit covered it admirably I thought :icon_wink:

DeletedUser12922

It does not take skill to watch a video on youtube telling you how to play lol

Showing you to snipe/send t-train every think its pretty simple to follow instructions if I never played before be quite easy to pick up

Anybody can do it just need to practice what is best for your liking if I had wads of cash I would be spending also :(

DeletedUser12922

Co- playing is worse and more unfair then wasting your money (yes wasting is my view as I have very little money and am jealous = and not to proud to admit it I got 2 kids as stated before and income not great I have better think/other things to spend money on in RL

DeletedUser12360

You talk about this game like its real life and actually means something..its just a game, I suggest you take your anger against other players strategy's and take a step back and look at yourself. Its dangerous to your real life to get engrossed as much as your posting suggests in an online game.

Well done it's a game, really I post my opinion and you go and tell me to look at my real life??? As for anger, what anger, it's an opinion, stop trying to interpret something that isn't there. Like you say, it's a game, some people take games more serious than others but can still have a laugh about it, looks like you may have lost this along the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6695

It does not take skill to watch a video on youtube telling you how to play lol

Showing you to snipe/send t-train every think its pretty simple to follow instructions if I never played before be quite easy to pick up

Anybody can do it just need to practice what is best for your liking if I had wads of cash I would be spending also :(

There is so much math involved in tw start up. I have never seen a guide cover everything...ever

DeletedUser

Not so long ago old Baron Von Barbmunchausen, in his quest to conquer all barbarian villages, was someone to be mocked. Now, with the premium build features it seems The Barbmunchausen strategy is to be admired.......Madre de Dios, where did it all go wrong??​

DeletedUser

Co- playing is worse and more unfair then wasting your money (yes wasting is my view as I have very little money and am jealous = and not to proud to admit it I got 2 kids as stated before and income not great I have better think/other things to spend money on in RL

Hardly, anyone can acquire a co player. It's their own fault if they choose not to.