[DISCUSSION] New rules

DeletedUser

With regards to nobling a sat account, would it be fair to effectively ask a player in tribe to sign a contract saying if they set a sitter and went AWOL for a certain period of time (for example 21 days), that their villages would be distributed to their tribe via means of internalling them?

I.e. would the tribe be allowed to internal the villages if the player had agreed to the contract previously, rather than informing innogames support each and every time a sit is made?

I had this suggestion a while ago but was unable to post it, hope it kinda makes sense.

DeletedUser

Maybe there should be an ingame option for this, therefore the player just needs to tick a box to accept it.

DeletedUser

Occasionally I have one but that is t for the year because it made my brain hurt :p

DeletedUser

Thanks for the update to the rules, 2 things i would like to say.

firstly, this is the UK server, english only to be spoken i believe is the rule here, yet we receiving a message in broken pidgeon english that makes it hard to understand quite what is ment as we are left to assume the correct phrasing of the received message. At least have the decency to actually rewrite the message in correct english grammer.

Secondly the rules about sat accounts of members that have quit is getting quite anal now. Do you really believe that someone who has lost heart in the game, or just cannot find the time to play anymore will actually be bothered to send in a support ticket to say they are quitting and leaving their account with a sitter to internaly noble?
Im fairly sure that most people who quit, just drop a council member a quick note saying they are off and set them as a sitter.

I mean when you finish your tin of beans, do you email tesco or heinz to tell them you no longer want the tin?

come on get a grip.

DeletedUser

Is getting harder and harder to justify paying to play this game.Changing rules as and when they see fit

Nauzhror

Reaction score
firstly, this is the UK server, english only to be spoken i believe is the rule here, yet we receiving a message in broken pidgeon english that makes it hard to understand quite what is ment as we are left to assume the correct phrasing of the received message. At least have the decency to actually rewrite the message in correct english grammer.

What in the rules has improper grammar? I'm afraid you'll need to be more specific, and if you have issues with the current phrasing, how would you rephrase the parts that you find to be written in "broken pidgeon english"?

Zarkov said:
Secondly the rules about sat accounts of members that have quit is getting quite anal now. Do you really believe that someone who has lost heart in the game, or just cannot find the time to play anymore will actually be bothered to send in a support ticket to say they are quitting and leaving their account with a sitter to internaly noble?

It takes less than five minutes to send in a ticket. If you have members that when they quit aren't willing to spend an additional few minutes to help out their tribe then I'd say the tribe is to blame for being unable to inspire its members to continue playing without being bored, or to care about the tribe when they no longer have the time to play.

DeletedUser

What in the rules has improper grammar? I'm afraid you'll need to be more specific, and if you have issues with the current phrasing, how would you rephrase the parts that you find to be written in "broken pidgeon english"?

I never said the rules have improper grammar, I said the message had.

Today we're announcing our new rules, which are effective forthwith. Mostly they were just rephrased, the only important changes happened to article 3 (§3 Account sitting).

Please make sure you abide by the new rules in particular the part for sat accounts, which owners quit the game. We'll grant all players a 14 days period as an accommodating arrangement to sort the account sitting of players, which won't return to the game. After this period of time all account, which have been sat for longer than 30 days continously, will have the sitting ended. Arrange everything like internal ennoblements until then, send in a support ticket for each account, which is about to be internally nobled due to its owner quit.

If there's a good reason for the owner not returning within 30 days, make sure you also send a support ticket to explain the reasons for it.

Kind regards,

Now you or anyone else can honestly say that message is in proper english.

It takes less than five minutes to send in a ticket. If you have members that when they quit aren't willing to spend an additional few minutes to help out their tribe then I'd say the tribe is to blame for being unable to inspire its members to continue playing without being bored, or to care about the tribe when they no longer have the time to play.

I dont see how you have the right to lay blame at a tribes door for not being able to inspire its members to continue playing, surely thats your job.
You, I or any other member of InnoGames cannot make a player who has lost interest in the game stay if they dont want to, so stop replying with crap to try and look clever.

Im sorry but if i decide tomorrow that because my life has changed and i dont have time to play anymore that the first thing i think of is that i have to waste my time to tell you im quitting.

If i decide to join, i join, if i decide im quitting, i quit.
I do not need to ask your permission to quit, or to pass the villages that ive spent months or years building, whilst paying you for the privilage to my tribes mates.

My opinion you are just making the game impossible to play because of the rules.
I agree you need to stop cheating and to try and make things fair to all who play, but you also have a duty not to wrap the game up in pointless and unworkable rules.

If i quit tomorrow and set a sitter, mail the sitter and say clear the vills and give them to the tribe and i dont send you a pointless ticket, what will you do? ban me?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I never said the rules have improper grammar, I said the message had.

Now you or anyone else can honestly say that message is in proper english.
Point out the pieces?
I found 2 words that were not correct, and they did nothing to make the sentence unreadable.

I dont see how you have the right to lay blame at a tribes door for not being able to inspire its members to continue playing, surely thats your job.
You, I or any other member of InnoGames cannot make a player who has lost interest in the game stay if they dont want to, so stop replying with crap to try and look clever.
It is not there job to. It is a players job to abide by the rules, and if that means a little more work, so be it.

Im sorry but if i decide tomorrow that because my life has changed and i dont have time to play anymore that the first thing i think of is that i have to waste my time to tell you im quitting.

If i decide to join, i join, if i decide im quitting, i quit.
I do not need to ask your permission to quit, or to pass the villages that ive spent months or years building, whilst paying you for the privilage to my tribes mates.
No, you don't. But if you don't, your tribe has less time to noble the villages.

My opinion you are just making the game impossible to play because of the rules.
I agree you need to stop cheating and to try and make things fair to all who play, but you also have a duty not to wrap the game up in pointless and unworkable rules.
This does not make playing any harder, only quitting :icon_cool:
If i quit tomorrow and set a sitter, mail the sitter and say clear the vills and give them to the tribe and i dont send you a pointless ticket, what will you do? ban me?
No, lock the sitter off of the account, just like how it used to work, thus meaning your tribe will have to clear your villages. And if they do ban you, it blocks your tribe off from nobling for at least 2 weeks. Is that a good thing?

DeletedUser

[th]As already announced in this forums, we overhauled and rephrased the game's rules. Before they will come into effect, we'll publish them here. The rules per se are not open for debate. Yet we want the rules to be clear and understandable. That's why we're announcing them here and now. If you have suggestions, how things could (and should) be rephrased to make them easier to understand, post it here.

Once more to clarify it: We will discuss the wording of the rules, not the rules' content, nor their intentions.[/th]

<<<
Before they come into effect, we'll publish them here.

So we were going to get to see new rules after offering re-wording to make them clearer for all to understand.
and yet...

Tracey said:
Today we're announcing our new rules, which are effective forthwith. Mostly they were just rephrased, the only important changes happened to article 3 (§3 Account sitting).

Yes once again, we are told 2 different things?

Or was that original post by Thar the only thing we see. We don't get to comment on if these new rules are ACTUALLY clear and understandable?

DeletedUser

<<<
Before they come into effect, we'll publish them here.

So we were going to get to see new rules after offering re-wording to make them clearer for all to understand.
and yet...

Yes once again, we are told 2 different things?

Or was that original post by Thar the only thing we see. We don't get to comment on if these new rules are ACTUALLY clear and understandable?

there was a 2 week timeframe between the posting of this thread, and the revised version being posted. Before they came into effect, they were posted here, they were discussed, ad the final version was posted.

DeletedUser

So there is another thread with the revised version?
Thar's original post has not been altered to refect changes.

DeletedUser

Its just typical crap being spouted by company representatives to their customers.
This is a game, its supposed to be something that people do to enjoy themselves, It is also a bussiness.
The gamers are your customers and yet you seem to treat them with total disregard and contempt. Im fairly sure you couldnt run a shop with the same attitudes and survive for long.
I think that is disgusting that your staff feel that its ok to reply to your customers in this way and that you as a company feel you can do just as you please and give no consideration to your customers.

DeletedUser

This looked like the best place to post this as it is unclear.
Clarification request

Taken from the ingame HELP

Configuration
restriction for permanent account sitting: active, starting at 60 days active sitting during the last 120 days

Taken from the rules

§3) (1) V.
Any account, sat for more than 30 day continuous, will have the sitting ended unless there is good reason (i.e. owner away in Forces) about which the account owner has previously notified the Ingame Staff in a support ticket.

So reading this I am left confused. Are both in effect?
Meaning if someone contacts TW mods, saying they are away for a few months for reasons given. Does that mean the normal settings then take over once the account reaches 60days sat?
Meaning no external actions from the account.

Does this also mean that if a player sets a sitter nightly as they are under sustained attack, after 60 days, they cannot perform actions again until they play unsat to bring the count back under 60 days?

Last edited by a moderator: