Dubby vs W1N

DeletedUser

Dubby and friends are clearly right about scorched earth. How could I be so stupid??

Everyone on the frontline defending against W1N should do it straight away and prove once and for all just what a brilliant tactic it is.

DeletedUser4320

It is correct due to diplomacy we decided it would be best if we did not take those particular villages. Your terminology "aid" implied that W1N would have not been able to defeat KN with out the help of other tribes which is a false statement.

Luke, I have already quoted to you the definition of the word aid;

To provide with what is useful or necessary in achieving an end.
As far as I can understand, the word aid does not limit itself to situation where the help is necessary, but also where the help merely is useful. And as your own post says, your own assessment was that it was best not to take those particular villages due to diplomatic strain and whatnot. So when T4H and TR then came in to take them, they came to your aid in the sense that they provided what was useful to you in beating =KN=.

As we all know by now, British is not my native language and as such I am prone to errors. So if there is anything incorrect in my argument above, please do not hesitate to point it out.

:icon_confused:

An alternative . . . How about standing and fighting and sniping as many nobles as possible making the war effort more costly for W1N

Yes, this is what =KN= (and thus I) did for more than half a year, being very successful if I might be allowed to blow my own trumpet (just this once). But there is a point where one has to wake up and smell the coffee. For me it was when TR entered the operational theater and ploughed into us from the west. At that time we had more enemies than we could shake a stick at. Consequently people left en massé, some set a sitter and some did not. I’d estimate that more than a third of =KN= was sat (non-premium sits are the punishment from hell, I swear!), another third had just left the game and amongst the last third there were several who had agreed themselves into W1N either by recruitment or co playing.

As such, at this point =KN= was by all intents and purposes defeated by the conglomerate consisting of W1N, TR and T4H.

Personally I was completely surrounded by enemies in W1N and TR, so this is where I start to consider alternative options. Standing to fight heedlessly with my sub standard skill set seems like a rather stupid way to go, it would only lead to W1N and TR munching my villages one by one. Joining W1N was out of the question, both because W1N would rather catch the clap than to admit that I was of any quality and because I’d been warring the ~V~ members since the dawn of time. So I decided that I would stick it to the man one last time and destroy anything which could come useful.

:icon_twisted:

and actually causing our progress to slow down, rather than speed up our growth into your old tribe mates by eliminating the need for us to noble additional villages.

Your progress would have been greater if W1N had gotten my villages than it was with me employing scorched earth. There are several reasons to this as already pointed out.

1. 76 villages in itself holds a value greater than nil. A fully developed village can produce 1.9 coins pr day, which makes more than self supporting in terms of nobles and as such would be advantageous for W1N to conquer.
2. I sent out all troops as support to the few players still wanting to fight.
3. W1N took 114 villages after I left, so with me removing 76 villages I reduced the total village set with 40%. Having 40% less villages to defend while getting the support from the same village is obviously advantageous.​

There was also the additional benefit that I, the person behind the account, had the option to get access to another account and keep on the fight against W1N from there.

I think the reason that many posters in this thread is saying that I took the wrong turn is because they don’t have a comprehension of just how bad =KN=’s state was at that point of time. We had a good run, standing firm much longer than many others would have done, but 7 months of fighting against the top 3 tribes of the world takes its toll.

:icon_sad:

I know you aren't the most experienced player but surely even you can figure that is a better alternative!

You sneaky old chap, I saw what you did there! First swiping a dig at my abilities to make my opinions harmless and then claiming that your option was the better alternative. That is cheap mate. As if I would have done it myself!

:icon_wink:

And an example to back up my opinion is: Timmy and Chubbs in Flux! They are doing it well and I can honestly state that they have slowed our progress much more than your scorched earth tactics!!! I only wish they thought as you do and had catted them selves down as we would have walked over their area by now if so!!!

You are forgetting the operation context to your simile. In the operational context Timmy and Chubbs are in now I was still sniping, stacking my tribe, attempting to re noble and all the traditional measures of defence. But when TR came in to play it all changed.

For every thing there is a season and in my situation it was the season of scorched earth.

In my humble opinion of course.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You say when TR. joined in it changed everything I would doubt that as W1N abd T4H F obliterated them within a month or 2, YOu say you were helping your tribemates by sending your def to them and catting your villages,. Facts would have been if you had stayed and fought you could have held them off for quite a while longer, as has been said your 76 vills went to waste but that wouldn't stop W1N they would just forget about you and move onto the next players on the frontline and would munch through KN, so in a way you sped up Kns defeat.

DeletedUser

Dubby and friends are clearly right about scorched earth. How could I be so stupid??

Everyone on the frontline defending against W1N should do it straight away and prove once and for all just what a brilliant tactic it is.

The thing about that tactic is that its just bitter. If it did have any sort of real effect, which it wouldn't really do, how sad is the player that uses it. If someone takes (and keeps, emphasis on the keeps) one of my villages, well done to them. I pride myself on the fact I haven't lost many villages since I've been on this game, and I'll continue to put pride and faith in my ability to defend against the enemy whilst causing them losses. If someone is able to break through, especially from distance, and noble a village.. well done to them. I tip my hat at the people who do try and take on players, and even more so when they realise most if not all of their nukes aren't coming home. Is there a long term strategy in destroying villages? Not really, and where is the fun in it for the owner of the rapidly diminishing account? Morale is there to help lower pointed players, why not ask your tribe to defend at low cost and hurt the enemy that way, rather than having an account that can't build a wall in two and a half weeks, let alone two and a half days.

DeletedUser

I didn't really see it as relevant and invite you to have a look at the map. The difference is most likely the fact that me and chubstar are both stubborn beasts who are determined to fight to the last man. I'm fairly sure I could jump onto another account to carry on the good fight quite easily, but its not an option until my own account has been 0'd out. Whilst I realise there is a size difference, you probably couldn't put it down to weight of attacks either, i've got the 3rd highest OD in the world, I've lost around 5 villages whilst most of thats been built up. My incomings have easily amassed to over 10k now (fakes and nukes/nobles). Chubbs has been through similar events and passed me on ODD the other week for a time. Its about having the ability to carry on and the conviction to do so. I don't think that is evident if your just trying to spoil somebody elses game rather than have fun with your own.

DeletedUser

On the Ady1 account, the thing i noticed was that you just geel in ranks. It was on the top 20, then just feel down and down and down. The account was full of nukes, and you could create many nobles, so the thing i dont get is, why didnt you manage to noble more? This was not the start of the game, so it should not be any big problem since you claim to be good at that. Your oda rose, but the reason you get oda is in an atemt to get points, and you only got oda :S

Thanks Yui, that was me he got that ODA from so hopefully thats your answer as to why he didn't noble more villages :icon_cool:

In all honesty, ade's attacking wasn't bad either, he snaffled one village really quite suprisingly, and after I lost about 10 nukes trying to get it back, with chubbs doing the same he managed to keep it. Everyone makes mistakes in their attacking but I have to admit, ade's only mistake was running out of nukes, but considering some of his launch times it would have been hard to have done it any other way.

DeletedUser4320

It was relevant in regard to explaining the long term strategy in destroying my villages.

Yes, being a stubborn beast is a good trait. But there are times where stubbornness can come in the way of identifying a better play.

I did look at the maps and while W1N sure are closing in on you, even also partly surrounding you, the operational context is still nothing like the one =KN= was in. =KN= was up against the top 3 families of UK1. Personally I had 76 villages, that's it. All my remaining active tribe mates were under heavy fire and could consequently not offer any support. Enemies were closing in on all sides.

Standing firm fighting to the last man in this case would be foolish, albeit admirable. And most definitely detrimental to my tribe (although it wasn't much of a tribe at that point). Thus this was the time when I needed the ability to carry on and the conviction to do so, even if carry on meant to demolish my villages. So by reducing the total noble space for W1N with 40%, supporting my remaining tribe mates with extensive amount of support before graying out and having the opportunity to carry on the fight on another account; I did what I assessed as best for the players I had played with and for myself in terms of keeping the fight alive.

As shown by this thread, most players do judge me, call me dishonorable, a substandard player, a noob, a fool, a coward, one who runs away with the tail between his legs as soon as the incomings start to come, Hannibal even labeled it the most selfish piece of play he had ever witnessed.

But for me it was simply a matter of doing what needed to be done.

:)

DeletedUser

I don't think its dishonourable, or indicating your a substandard player, but I would have to agree with the selfish bit. The fact that three tribes ganged up on you isn't an indicator they've done something wrong, it is an indicator of how badly your leadership managed to deal with the situation diplomatically. Standing firm and fighting to the last man is really the only option, and is definitely more useful than having 1d in a tribe mate that can never be rebuilt. Its a quick fix and a two fingers to the enemy. Neither of which I think anyone believes works. The enemy get to roll over your old villages with 0 resistance or moral issues.

DeletedUser4280

You say when TR. joined in it changed everything I would doubt that as W1N abd T4H F obliterated them within a month or 2, YOu say you were helping your tribemates by sending your def to them and catting your villages,. Facts would have been if you had stayed and fought you could have held them off for quite a while longer, as has been said your 76 vills went to waste but that wouldn't stop W1N they would just forget about you and move onto the next players on the frontline and would munch through KN, so in a way you sped up Kns defeat.

ignorance.

as previosly said, convential scorched eartn doesnt involve catting ones self.
even if TR were useless, which no one 100% is. a red dot in a previosly thought safe area means that village can no longer lay empty, so even if they were 100% useless, which even the poorest enemies are not, they take w1n frontline defense away from kn, which obviosly adds more strain.

removing frontline villages means more stacking on other villages. how is this so hard to understand

could ppl please read previos posts before coming on and making statements already addresed. no one likes repeition.

as to timmy, and like dubby said, some situation are unworkable. even the absolute best can be purely out gunned. especially in the double figure village count stage.

no players who enjoy tw quit in a active war zone for personal gain. as thats what we ultimatly play for, to attack and defend, so fighting w1n is quite enjoyable i imagine. but dubby sacrificed the fun part of the game to make it more tactically viable for kn. his sacrifice leads to less frontline villages actualy on the map making stacking heavier in other forntline villages.

more troops to defend with does not speed up kn's death. expecialy since dubby came back on a diff account, which means its not actualy one enemy down anyway.

so way oi see it. fronline is shortened making more troops for frontline, and dubby catting makes no difference is he comes back, so actualy there is no negatives really.

DeletedUser

I think its hard to understand because front lines move just as much as players disappear. Its what most people are getting at. The lack of any actual success to that plan. I can imagine if it was an entire K it could be quite demoralising to the enemy, but really now.. how many K's are going to do that.

DeletedUser4280

it was succesfull, dubby shortened the forntline, giving kn more stacking options.

if kn did not take advantage of this, or more tactics needed to be done by others then thats their fault/problem. but duby employed one of tyhe best tactics in his situation for his tribes war effort. and as the thread is titled as

"w1n vs dubby."

not "story of what happened to kn and what more can be done"

i should only state my opinion on dubbies play at that time dont u think?

DeletedUser

Tis a shame my post aint ignorance and here is the factors why.

Scorched Earth does mean destroying everything to prevent the enemy being able to use it against them, however in tribalwars it doesn't help if you use it, it won't delay the enemy they will just go and swarm a different player and as you say it helps stacking if the enemy turns on a different player and they use it eventually you will have a whole K which will have basically been given to W1N due to using the Scorched Earth tactic.

The loss of a player to the loss of the actual damage he could have done is the reasoning why you should never use such tactics. HE could have delayed w1n, gone down fighting and as Dubby has said, they knew they never stood a chance, the only effective way of using Scorched Earth tactics is if every single tribe member Cats them self down and that would delay the enemy far more than just one player doing it cos who really wants 100- vills. :D

DeletedUser4280

your last post and this is ignorance, because ive already explained points made by yourself, made by others.

scorched earth in tw is were u take out the enemies front line, and cat all vills inbetween effectivly greatening the difference between onesself and the enemy, scorched earth is as it says, decimatng a piece of area making it useless to the enemy. normally w1n could take these vills and have a point blank shot at many kn vills, but if this distance is further it ive kn the vital reaction time required to move in suport and stub out the attacks.

with the position duuby was in w1n put a figure of 1.5-2 weeks till he was taken. and after this time, w1n would have new vills in point blank range of new kn villages. however doing what dubby did means w1n will never have these villages in point blank range of the kn vills ajacent. again if u read back to the surface area example u will better understand my point.

i think u misunderstand the tactic, its not about a flash way of deleting. and its only a small part of the tactic that is w1n cannot have some maxed villages, the other benefits are far greater gain for kn, that makes the tactic and infact dubbies improvision of it, a fair move.

DeletedUser

*ahem*

I know this convo is going in a merry-go-round, but let's keep it civilized, the last posts are verging on infractions.

DeletedUser589

your last post and this is ignorance, because ive already explained points made by yourself, made by others.

scorched earth in tw is were u take out the enemies front line, and cat all vills inbetween effectivly greatening the difference between onesself and the enemy, scorched earth is as it says, decimatng a piece of area making it useless to the enemy. normally w1n could take these vills and have a point blank shot at many kn vills, but if this distance is further it ive kn the vital reaction time required to move in suport and stub out the attacks.

with the position duuby was in w1n put a figure of 1.5-2 weeks till he was taken. and after this time, w1n would have new vills in point blank range of new kn villages. however doing what dubby did means w1n will never have these villages in point blank range of the kn vills ajacent. again if u read back to the surface area example u will better understand my point.

i think u misunderstand the tactic, its not about a flash way of deleting. and its only a small part of the tactic that is w1n cannot have some maxed villages, the other benefits are far greater gain for kn, that makes the tactic and infact dubbies improvision of it, a fair move.

DD you clearly weren't around when this tactic was put into place as what you are describing hypothetically and what actually happened are two very different things. Have you even looked at a map to see how this supposedly effected us? I bet you havent!

I would like to know what makes you such an expert on this tactic given the situation and what your previous history is because your last couple of posts are coming off very cocky for such a small player who tbh in my opinion does not know what they are talking about.

This tactic did not work, it did not slow us down and we were able to move past without losing additional nobles and troops that we would have lost if dubby had stayed and fort us. So how is it a good thing??

I will always give credit to my enemy if they deserve it, Timmy and Chubbs are doing an amazing job of not letting us steam roll them and in our last war with ORC the ORC family too did the same, especially jluisdasilva! That guy took a pummeling but did not use scorched earth (I wished to God he had!!!!)

But this tactic used by Dubby I can confidently say (knowing the situation and the effect it had on my tribe) was a bad move to make . . .
I am basing this on first hand knowledge and experience of the actual situation as it happened as well as my respectable TW history.

DeletedUser

Hmmmmm....

The thing dubby did at first, was catting down those villages he couldnt save nor take back if im right when they where attacked by nobles on the frontline. I think that that part was really cool bwecause it was a churchworld. It would make it harder for w1n, because those villages that where in theyre churchradius that they took from him would be ruined right before they nobled it, and most of all, it was probably extremely irritating >.<

The thing that most dissagree on i think, is what he did afterwards when w1n stopped to noble because they didnt gain anything on him. He sendt all his troops out to help others, catted himself down and then deleted the account. Part 1 is good, because now that he wasnt in any real danger himself then he could help others, the part im not found of is that he catted himself down afterwards. I think he should have keept on helping from hes own account, instead of doing what he did, that way KN would have lasted longer >.>

Dubby could just have done what he did on the start when he lost a village he knew he wouldnt take back, it would be more effective than catting everything down and quit :3

At last i think so :?

DeletedUser

Luke actually beat me to the reply but what he says is spot on. Timmyhill and Chubbs know it and are spot on as well.

DD I do see your point and understand what you are saying. I don't agree with you as I think you have missed a bit but you are putting forward an argument that it was a tactical move to protect the tribe and prolong their time when in fact even Dubby has not said that and in fact he clearly and only said that he did it to put two fingers up at W1N when he could see his days were numbered. My understanding was that rather than bravely fighting off serious W1N attacks he was largely ignored until W1N were ready for him but I was not involved so I will leave it to those that were to make such judgements.

What I can say hoever is that subsequently and frequently he spouted statistics suggestive of really good points lost/ taken comparisons and what is clear to all that actually recall the position as it was ( as Luke points out) is that this action had nothing to do with the long or short term interests of his tribe. Let me repeat that bit because it is the important distinction to note - this had nothing to do with the interests of the tribe. There was actually no appreciation or care about the effect it would have on the tribe and on those that had supported him only to be rimmed themselves when they were not supported back. This is one of several reasons why it is viewed as selfish. Its not that W1N are annoyed that he took their targets away as they can just pick new ones easily enough, it is the effect it has on his own tribe that disappoints us, well me at least.

I don't think you can seriously suggest that deliberately and effectively trying to remove yourself as a target doesn't mean that the natural result will be that it will simply shift the focus onto your buddies either. This is cutting off the nose to spite the face as the saying goes. You can't make a firebreak when you have nowhere to retreat to. Dubby was in one cluster that was isolated completely and surrounded. It was not a firebreak and it should not be confused with one whatever those writing now might be led to believe.

If you recall Dubby did not leave for several weeks if not over a month so there is no way it was a final flourish or going out with a bang. This was a serious idea to prolong his stay rather than delete with style. He was quite proudly boasting of sniping a particularly close train i seem to recall and whatever you might assume he hadn't given up or stopped fighting, all he had done was remove his ability to maintain the fight - this was designed to make him a prickly pear. There was no 'we' , this was all me, me, me.

Frankly I suspect there is actually not much you could do that is worse for your tribemates short of attacking them yourself. In the right circumstances it could be an effective tactic but not done like this and not in isolation. My suggestion a few posts above was actually partly serious but I don't expect anyone to actuaaly take me up on it.

If I can wander off topic to explore an example - Lets say for example Orc did this along their frontlines. They would gain a bit of distance but its a very long frontline and jumping it is easy as I have shown a couple of times myself despite the majority of my villages being at least a K away from the nearest reasonable Orc opponent. Why however would Orc do it?

Once the troops from the villages are gone they simply can't rebuild and so they lose a proportion of their defence straight away. They still have the nobles tied up but can only grow into their own minefield. They could retreat a bit further by taking more barbs to expand but they have been doing that for at least 6 months already and there simply are not that many left.

Of course Orc continue to lose players and are regenerating their villages as their own but even having lost (I would guess) around a quarter of the players in the Orc family collective over the last 6 months and even more if you take into account the refugees they took in from TR, the fact is that they continue to hovver at around the same number of villages.

Back to topic, This was nothing other than an interesting but fatally flawed bit of jumping on toys to stop other bigger kids taking and playing with them. I posted as much at the time, as did others and it is still true.

When you take a village it is not maxxed anyway - you have to build the wall and mines and troops back up before you can use it and in the meantime it is a drain on your resources and troops protecting it. Cutting out the useless stuff built by noobs takes time as well and the argument that a couple of hours extra walking does not cut it I am afraid when the jump is easily made and you don't have the worry of surprise close range counters either.

Having said my bit (again) lets have a poll to set it to rest as the thread has only one purpose now and that is to give Mr Mule the attention he no longer deserves.

DeletedUser4280

apologies for sounding cocky, i was more annoyed at the repeating circle. and merly tried to put more ephasis on reading post or points i believe ive previosly answered. i dont believe being small though makes a difference, i wasnt about when it was purly a german game however played on a sub w5 world, to give u idea of my past credentials, not (as established) this makes my opinion less or more than any other player.

you are correct i do speak hyperthetically, as i was actualy debating that scorched earth was even a viable tactic in any possible circumstance. as i read a post saying doing such a thing was wrong whatever this case. which personally i do not argee with as it has been done before.

as for dubbies situation i only go off what w1n posters and dubby says as they were the ones involved. so more "involved player recolection" than my own analysis if u will.

but for the most part, i disagree with ppl flaming dubby just for the lolz, with no actual point, so naturally he gets underdog syndrome :D

there is a difference between the right move and did it make any effect. i even said that after time to think about it, i would still employ the tactic, but in its traditional method.(few posts back)

but going off your words of dubby lasting 1.5 - 2 weeks if he defended them, thts like 6-8 villages a day he would lose according to what ya said.

so providing all you have said is true, then taking out the villages is not a bad idea no?

as (rena is it?) said phase 1 was good play, but infact if dubby was about to lose villages at the rate you just said, does it not all practically fall into phase 1.

either. your claim of how long it would take, is false, hence u cant flame me for making a assumption upon those claims.

or u think catting villages as they are being nobled, and preserving the troops in kn stacks is bad play, when defending just means you give w1n a full production village at point blank range of more kn vills.?

either way i dont think its cocky to make either of those assuptions, depeding on the truth of your previos post. so again sorry if it seemed that way.

DeletedUser2722

First of all, let's be totally honest here...

Dubby NEVER used this n00bish tactic to help his tribe in anyway -- he
employed the tactic out of bitterness to the enemy he knew were about
to rim him.

=KN= stood no chance of survival, with, or without Dubby's selfishness,
however, they would have survived longer had Dubby chosen to play the
game the way it is meant to be played...

... working as a team!

darkdragon may argue Dubby's tactic delayed W1N from advancing
on his tribe mates, however, this is not the case...

It would take more than a handful of villages to create a trench on the
map big enough to effect the enemy's nobling attempts, and the number
of villages to create such a trench would be a waste...

... they'd be far more useful to build troops to attack/support with!

And remember, this game does not stand still...

darkdragon says Dubby catting himself out of the game helped his tribe
by having less frontline villages to stack, however, this game does not
stand still and skilled players will always be looking to shift the enemy's
defenses.

=KN=
were a broken tribe and I recall them being down to the bare bones
when Dubby demolished himself, thus Dubby did nothing to help with his
tactic...

... his troops were more valuable to his tribe mates! -.-

Now even if all the =KN= members had full defense villages to defend
themselves, they'd still have a greater chance of survival had Dubby
stuck around...

... or do you believe trimming down a small group of players gives
them a better chance against a large tribe of highly skilled players?
:icon_confused:

Also, no matter what the nobling distance is on a small tribe like =KN=,
it's simple enough for a tribe like W1N to coordinate on all the remaining
members with nukes and noble trains to all villages, rendering the front-
line stacks useless!

The above tactic would be harder on larger tribes, however, such tribes
would be foolish to cat themselves down when they are large enough to
put up a good fight!

Anyway...

We did not need his villages, and personally, I'd prefer it if all the little
annoying peeps in my CI would do the same thing, so I can use their
villages as farms, then concentrate my nobling efforts on bigger fish!

Have a good look around at the W1N players and compare them
with the likes of ORC...

You will find we do not noble our farms like the n00b tribes do (this is a
cowardly tactic), instead, we understand doing so will stunt growth!

So if Dubby thinks we needed his villages, he's so wrong...

All we want to do was play the game the way it is meant to be played,
which is killing the red dots -- Dubby did this for us, so I'm surprised he's
not saying he "aided" us to victory over =KN=, lol!

And for the benefit of all the n00bs who will argue Dubby's tactic
was awesome because it's better to take built-up villages than
farming them once he catted himself...

... you are sooooo wrong...

Think about this, the more villages you have, the higher the noble price,
so in order to kill all the RED dots on the map (which is the name of the
game), you would need a ton of nobles and many years of heavy farming
to complete the task...

We are still gaining villas, more so than our enemies (we did not become
rank one by accident), the difference is...

... we do not noble our farms because we understand they, along with
our own villages, are needed to feed us with res in order to produce the
nobles required.

The more farms a tribe has, the faster they will grow...

... so thanks for the farms Dubby, which by the way, are producing more
and more resources for W1N as they grow back up to 1.5K! :icon_wink:

Finally, how can ANYONE argue what Dubby did was not out of
bitterness?

His very existence on these forums, trolling any thread with the keyword
W1N shows just what a sore loser he's been... it's crystal clear! :icon_redface:

--Abdo--