Familys in the top 5?

DeletedUser

You seem to have been in a bubble all your TW life.

You Obviously are neither good or average I must say fighting family tribes is fun! Who doesn't love nobeling some noobs. Besides you never know who you will meet i have met dozens of good players who were or in a family tribe. Weather it be for protection or a location to be low-key. They add to the game! Besides even if the family beats a leet group of individuals i bet the leet's had a hell of a run. Numbers eventually beat skill.

Morfy:

The best part of competition is the knowledge that you were fairly beaten.

Having 1000's of attacks, all of which are crappy, take you out, because people are too afraid to play the way the way that the game was designed, will show you that family tribes are a curse, and that losing to sheer noobish masses is not fun. After a certain point, they send all of their nobles with "full armies", and you lose the ability to keep sniping them.

As for my ability, you can ask around. Check with older people first.

Numbers beat skill when numbers get high enough... which is a valid reason for the argument against family tribes. Tribalwars was designed with a tribal limit. True, there are alliances, but negotiating with others and coordination through alliances is harder and more rewarding.

I have been an elder forums mod, and had the rewarding experience of talking to the developers, who stated "unequivocably" that family tribes were basically cheating, but that there was no way to enforce punishment against them, so we would not make them illegal.

Your foot is probably so far in your mouth right now you'll need orthodontics to remove it. I know a few good people who can help; it seems that many players seem to forget that I know what I'm talking about, talk from their ass, and then realize that they've put their feet in their mouth.

Cheers.

DeletedUser2118

Having 1000's of attacks, all of which are crappy, take you out, because people are too afraid to play the way the way that the game was designed, will show you that family tribes are a curse, and that losing to sheer noobish masses is not fun. After a certain point, they send all of their nobles with "full armies", and you lose the ability to keep sniping them.

Actually I seem to remember the game being designed without a tribe limit ;)

DeletedUser

Actually I seem to remember the game being designed without a tribe limit ;)

Bah, beta/w1 don't count. They added the tribe limit for the reason of preventing the mass member counts that family tribes allow. You know what I mean. :p

DeletedUser

Morfy:

The best part of competition is the knowledge that you were fairly beaten.

As for my ability, you can ask around. Check with older people first.

Numbers beat skill when numbers get high enough... which is a valid reason for the argument against family tribes. Tribalwars was designed with a tribal limit. True, there are alliances, but negotiating with others and coordination through alliances is harder and more rewarding.

I have been an elder forums mod, and had the rewarding experience of talking to the developers, who stated "unequivocably" that family tribes were basically cheating, but that there was no way to enforce punishment against them, so we would not make them illegal.

Your foot is probably so far in your mouth right now you'll need orthodontics to remove it. I know a few good people who can help; it seems that many players seem to forget that I know what I'm talking about, talk from their ass, and then realize that they've put their feet in their mouth.

Cheers.

You must of not got the memo about what this game is about. Of course you seem to play it on a different scale in witch i would hate to play alongside you, I play this game for the shits and giggles. Apparently you play for the complete opposite thing.

What is the real difference Co-ordinating with a family tribe if all of you are atleast a bit skilled you can do the same maybe even better than an alliance. Your Ego is what blinds you in a way i have never seen. I know an Optomitrist who can help you with that.

New players or [Noobs] like to gather in numbers so their is no way you can stop it, Noobs deserve a fighting chance. As for the one talking from their ass[you] wipe before talking.:icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Not that I condone family tribes, but I think it's still fair. If they outnumber you, it's why you make an alliance. I guess this game has become so elitist these days.

DeletedUser

Agreed with monthy.

Im thinking that a family tribe is just a two tribes or more with an alliance and same goal (the tribes has normaly waste numbers), and sometimes the same leader/leadership whos managing it all. The familytribe may and may not have different leaderships, that with management is actually common within alliances to as much as it is with familytribes as i have seen.

Now im comming with an anoying sentence, as many normally says when it comes to hugging, just different: It is Tribalwars (im ashamed that ive used such an sentence, someone guillotine me... quick), familytribes are anoying, but they still have theyre place as allainces and naps have...same difference, almost-.-

DeletedUser

Agreed with monthy.

Im thinking that a family tribe is just a two tribes or more with an alliance and same goal (the tribes has normaly waste numbers), and sometimes the same leader/leadership whos managing it all. The familytribe may and may not have different leaderships, that with management is actually common within alliances to as much as it is with familytribes as i have seen.

Now im comming with an anoying sentence, as many normally says when it comes to hugging, just different: It is Tribalwars (im ashamed that ive used such an sentence, someone guillotine me... quick), familytribes are anoying, but they still have theyre place as allainces and naps have...same difference, almost-.-

No.

If a family tribe was merely an exclusive alliance, it would be an alliance.

Instead, it is a way for tribes to try to functionally bypass the tribal limits. Which the devs saw, and couldn't do anything to stop.

Ask anyone from W1 TW about that.

The point is, merely massing in the largest group, though effective in real life, shouldn't be a game premise. It is only for those unable to play well, who are afraid of losing their accounts to better players.

DeletedUser

The point is, merely massing in the largest group, though effective in real life, shouldn't be a game premise. It is only for those unable to play well, who are afraid of losing their accounts to better players.

It's not that effective IRL either ender.... in fact, i think most of the time it's not true.

DeletedUser

What else can the newer players do? Just fail, get destroyed? I think it's fair for newer players to form families, because most experienced players usually join the same tribe ending up with this elitist vs. "newbs" style of gameplay.

DeletedUser

We are not saying they are unfair. What more, as only the players that need to make the odds more fair create them - they are fail.

DeletedUser

And putting together an experienced tribe is only making it more fair for those "experienced" and in some cases, making it too easy. I have yet to see a famed player, or well experienced join a tribe that isn't up to his/her standards of play. New players are looked at as second class players. When they join the chances of making it long are very little, so numbers are their security.

DeletedUser

No.

If a family tribe was merely an exclusive alliance, it would be an alliance.

Instead, it is a way for tribes to try to functionally bypass the tribal limits. Which the devs saw, and couldn't do anything to stop.

Ask anyone from W1 TW about that.

As i said, a familytribe is two tribes with one goal, the same is many alliances. As in some familytribes they are splitted by different areas and does have different goals, thats the same with some alliances. In the end, both tribes with an alliance and a familytribe has the thing in common, that they will dominate and stand together against an enemy. You can say that an alliance may not last, but thats the same with familytribes, ive seen that familytribes has splitted up into two different tribes after beating an enemy (it was planned) as an temporary allaince is against an enemy. May i ask whats the differences between alliances and familytribes again? An alliance can also bypass the tribal limit if combined together, the only difference i really see is that one thing is that it is more common to have 1 leadership in a familytribe, and two in an allaince between 2 tribes, and that alliances are more successfull early on (wait, theyre normaly not..but meeh) becouse familytribes has a tence to rush with things...

Isnt an alliance the same? If not tell me why becouse i really cant see the difference in having another tribe in a differnt banner guard your back and your own.

The reason that familytribes fail early on as i said, is that they are all to restless and has normaly not good players becouse of it, you wont see many good tribes making an alliance early on, it would be the same theorethicly (those who are restless normaly has lack of experience).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The difference is control.

Allies are different people. They are led differently, act differently, and can change alliances.

Family tribes are one part, one unit.

And, just to empahsize yet again, the devs would have illegalized them if they could have, and they're just a cheap way to cheat around the tribal member limit.

Both of you seem to enjoy defending people's right to play poorly and unfairly.

DeletedUser

No, I'm defending newer players' right to have a chance against the competitive world of TW.

DeletedUser

The difference is control.

Allies are different people. They are led differently, act differently, and can change alliances.

Each tribe in a familytribe is a bunch of different players...so you see a wast difference if 2 tribes under one banner is gangbanging you than two tribes thats not, becouse it is that we are talking about, right? o_O

Ive seen familytribes who has acted differently and allies whos done exactly the same....eh, its the same.

Allies has an urge to stand up for each other against an enemy of one of them, thats exactly the same, isnt it?....and that with allies...well, true, but i cant see the problem with having the same diplomacy, ive seen familytribes have nap with another tribe in one and not in the other (i wub to spy...), and ive seen tribes with all the same diplomacy towords each other to, making a trangle-alliance many times with the same naps and enemies.

And, just to empahsize yet again, the devs would have illegalized them if they could have, and they're just a cheap way to cheat around the tribal member limit.

Ive already answered to this, and you havnt explained why it isnt so.

The only difference is basicly that familytribes is under one in nicker's maps:icon_rolleyes:

Both of you seem to enjoy defending people's right to play poorly and unfairly.

Im only logical: whats the difference that makes familytribes and allies to the point where the family is anoying and the allies are not:|

Your failing to explain it to me T.T

Tribalwars, not one-manwars, alliances and familytribes is all the same andall leaderways is common in both of them. We have seen both familytribes with different leadership and diplomacy and allies lead by one and have the same diplomacy. o_O

The start of this was that someone complained about beeing gangbanged by a familytribe, its no different with two alled tribes or more....same difference as i said.

Btw: me and Monthy is arguing about different things, but im with monthy on hes part :3

DeletedUser

Monty:

I've trained players before in tribes, and I agree that training newer players is a good thing.

However, just setting them loose as "let's mass half-ass it" isn't the solution.

Maria:

You've explained the difference. Allies are separate. Family is an attempt to have a "SINGLE" tribe that breaks those set limits on tribe count.

Granted, I'd also recommend a limit on alliances, but that is separate.

DeletedUser

Maria:

You've explained the difference. Allies are separate. Family is an attempt to have a "SINGLE" tribe that breaks those set limits on tribe count.

Granted, I'd also recommend a limit on alliances, but that is separate.

The outcome is the same as i have said, and therefore the only difference that can be seen is that the one is named familytribe and the other an alliance, if your not taking with that then it is the exactly same thing, we have both surcomstances with same methods in leading an alliance and familytribe.

I have never seen that a familytribe has been counted together ingame on the rankings, some families wants to be counted as sepearate on the public forums and nic's (im not remembering the whole name....sowwy) and some allies wants to be counted as one on the rankinging against an enemy.

When your in a tribe and will go to war against two allied tribes, do you look at the total points and members of the tribes or do you look seperatly at them?

A wast mayority whould look at the total, not calculating seperate. If your meeting 2 tribes with 70 mill points each and you have 100 mill p you wouldnt think: "My tribe is bigger than both tribes sepearte so this will be easy".

It's familytribes that are separate, and allied tribes whos together through thick and thin, you see that i still dont get your point.

It's a tribes shoice to have 10 allies or be a 5 tribed familytribe, gangbnanging is a normal thing in tw and its basicly the same if a 40 membertribe is gangbanging a 20 member one....its unfair to, but still legal.

Same outcome between familytribe and alliance, its only the matter of witch tribe your talking about and comparing sternq o.o

DeletedUser

The outcome is the same as i have said, and therefore the only difference that can be seen is that the one is named familytribe and the other an alliance, if your not taking with that then it is the exactly same thing, we have both surcomstances with same methods in leading an alliance and familytribe.

I have never seen that a familytribe has been counted together ingame on the rankings, some families wants to be counted as sepearate on the public forums and nic's (im not remembering the whole name....sowwy) and some allies wants to be counted as one on the rankinging against an enemy.

When your in a tribe and will go to war against two allied tribes, do you look at the total points and members of the tribes or do you look seperatly at them?

A wast mayority whould look at the total, not calculating seperate. If your meeting 2 tribes with 70 mill points each and you have 100 mill p you wouldnt think: "My tribe is bigger than both tribes sepearte so this will be easy".

It's familytribes that are separate, and allied tribes whos together through thick and thin, you see that i still dont get your point.

It's a tribes shoice to have 10 allies or be a 5 tribed familytribe, gangbnanging is a normal thing in tw and its basicly the same if a 40 membertribe is gangbanging a 20 member one....its unfair to, but still legal.

Same outcome between familytribe and alliance, its only the matter of witch tribe your talking about and comparing sternq o.o

No, as I said before, the difference is:

1: family tribes have outside, unified with all component tribe allies.

2: Family tribes say that they are one tribe.

3: Family tribes are led unitedly, whereas alliances have different terms, and sometimes won't participate in wars.

I've said it simply, 4 times now, and you keep missing it. Intent, organization, and the way they prefer being known are all different. Ergo, they are different. Seriously.

DeletedUser

No, as I said before, the difference is:

1: family tribes have outside, unified with all component tribe allies.

2: Family tribes say that they are one tribe.

3: Family tribes are led unitedly, whereas alliances have different terms, and sometimes won't participate in wars.

I've said it simply, 4 times now, and you keep missing it. Intent, organization, and the way they prefer being known are all different. Ergo, they are different. Seriously.

Stern, you wanted the top 20 on w2 to not have any alliance with each other at all becouse that wasnt "pro":icon_rolleyes:

Ive answered 4 times now to (Didnt count, maybe 3), it dosnt show on the ranking and the outcome is exactly the same, its just what tribes your compering each other with.

Rena's squadtribe had as a goal to make a huge familytribe with many small tribes under one banner, everyone could have theyre own diplomacy and so on, each with theyre own goals.

"1: family tribes have outside, unified with all component tribe allies."

Same can an alliance be, and it is familytribes thats not like that, so thats all up to the tribes themselves:icon_rolleyes:

"2: Family tribes say that they are one tribe."

Does that shange anything at all if there is no difference othervise than that they claim to be so sternq? Nope, here its all up to what your comparing again.

"3: Family tribes are led unitedly, whereas alliances have different terms, and sometimes won't participate in wars."

Do i need to say the same again so you got it understod? It all depends on the familytrbe/alliances. Ive seen alliances whos beeing lead by one from each tribe as an own counsill, and ive seen familytribes whos not led unitly at all, your wrong...again.

Anything else Sternq?

DeletedUser

Maria Ushiromiya, you are misunderstanding what a family tribe is.

2 tribes with 2 leaderships = allies
2 tribes with 1 leaderhip = family
3 tribes with 3 leaderships = allies
3 tribes with 1 leadership = family
4 tribes with 4 leaderships = allies
4 tribes with 1 leadership = family
500 tribes with 500 leaderships = allies
500 tribes with 1 leadership = family

if tribes have separate leaderships / goals / diplomacies / policies / etc, then they are not a family.

i don't know, is there any way to make it clearer? Or maybe you are only trolling?