Freaking Serious? W2 settings this bad?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
.5 is pretty slow, which leads to a lot of people quitting, even good tribes. An example would be us Hippos on W16, just so slow. Like I said, I'd prefer 1.6 speed, as long as it doesn't have horrible troop speeds (W41.net).

Well, W33 was 1 package nobles, so it actually sped up, just slow at the start.

DeletedUser

Well, W33 was 1 package nobles, so it actually sped up, just slow at the start.

Actually the conquers were a little faster, but making nukes and buildings just takes too long to have anything be fun. Even if you're an inactive player who logs in once a day, you don't want to wait over a month to make a nuke...

DeletedUser

Mines close to that:

.5 speed
2.0 unit speed
1 package nobles
no church
no paladin
no archer
no bonus
non-growing barbs
15-tech smithy
no fake limit
farm rule

I'd do that, but I don't see the fun in having such a slow world, because even though troops will farm and everything faster, you are just waiting on queues the entire time. And nukes = eternal building time.

DeletedUser

I made a topic for your "dream world" on W33, so many's are sort of like that.

Mine's this:

.5 speed
1.5 unit speed
no paladin
no archers
no fake limit
no bonuses
barbs grow to 1000
simple research
no farm rule
no morale
no night bonus
half-priced package nobles

About it I think....

DeletedUser904

Its common practice (on .net anyways) to leave the settings different from the end settings... Which may explain why the last batch of worlds were so screwed.

I do agree, .5 world speed with 2.0 troop speed would make me happy.

W33 was fricken awsome

I would have pefered no moral aswell but in the end it has been my favourite world so far

DeletedUser

farm rule?
what is this? I don't think I've ever heard of it

Nauzhror

Reaction score
farm rule?
what is this? I don't think I've ever heard of it

It makes defense less effective when you stack too many troops in a village. In essence it helps negate the late-game advantage defense has over offense.

DeletedUser

It makes defense less effective when you stack too many troops in a village. In essence it helps negate the late-game advantage defense has over offense.

I don't think it's a bad thing that you can make defense, and use it however you want o_O

Next thing you know, they are limiting the amount of troops you can send in one attack.

DeletedUser

Ok, got it. I agree with it. The ability to stack defense in late game is to overpowered, especially when some people are building 2:1 defensive to offensive villages. (or even 1:1 is more than enough defense)
I don't think it's a bad thing that you can make defense, and use it however you want o_O

Next thing you know, they are limiting the amount of troops you can send in one attack.
no, next thing you know, they will attempt to equalize the huge advantage offense has in early world. There was a huge thread about this and how it could be done in .net. Good times.

Nauzhror

Reaction score

They already have, it's called, you can stack, but can't combine offensive armies ;)

DeletedUser

Title edited. You know better Nauz.

I am not at liberty to discuss the actual settings but I am fairly certain that most of the settings were ordered by the mothership(though from what I recall, the list you have there isnt correct anyway).

DeletedUser

5 speed
1.5 unit speed
no paladin
no archers
no fake limit
no bonuses
barbs don't grow
simple research
no farm rule
no morale
no night bonus
half-priced package nobles

Pefect except fixed one flaw.

DeletedUser

Mines close to that:

.5 speed
2.0 unit speed
1 package nobles
no church
no paladin
no archer
no bonus
non-growing barbs
15-tech smithy
no fake limit
farm rule

This, but with 10 tech, would be godly.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
This, but with 10 tech, would be godly.

Yeah, quite fond of 15 and 10-tech, for different reasons.

Pros for each.

10:
LC Rushing is godly.
Morale is heavily combatted by having higher levels than the defender.

15:
Rewards smart players who carefully allocate tech levels, specifically those who use HC in O and D.

I definitely prefer 10-tech as a solo pl;ayer, but think that 15-tech is more beneficial to well ran tribes where the whole tribe has the same tech levels and uses similar defenses.