Hello

DeletedUser

well you say its not true
when asking nauz for poi ters to improve my game going speedy axes on militia worlds on militia worlds was one of things he said i could think about adjusting
i also know that some of the top ranks now also did not go axe before end of bp

but you are rank 1 right now so i guess i should take your word as gospel.
oh wait your not.....
You don't need to be so defensive about your strategy. This guy is just saying how it's helped him to do a different strategy, there's no need to be mean to the poor guy. He's just offering an opinion.

DeletedUser4753

if you spot the difference in our approaches

i said "i disagree" ie my opinion
he said "thats not true" ie i am wrong

also i wouldnt want people to be picking up bad game play tips because someone is preaching
ive always been a bit blunt like :)

DeletedUser

As with any strategies, they both have the potential to work based on your surroundings. An LC rush is not always the correct choice, strategies have to be adaptable and so when others make points using a different approach, they shouldn't be shouted down. Neither of you is correct if you're speaking in general, just for specific instances.
Being blunt is fine and fair, I don't have anything against you not cushioning your blows to peoples confidence, but deliberately being malicious neither helps you win the debate nor does it help others to learn, if that was your intention.

I'm sure you were not deliberately trying to cause offence to artofwar, but it just came across as a bit harsh the way you worded it.

DeletedUser4753

On debate terms i would say you never ever go axe before lc

You either go fast lc (going with as low troops as quest rewards)
or longer route (via sp/sw split)

now im no start up pro its infact my weakest area, however i dont believe any top rated start up player would argue splitting spears with axe pre lc is the best way to achieve optimum growth and thier by optimum troop counts.

perhaps im wrong, but in trying for a while to improve the weakest area of my game ive not heard one rated player ive asked who says you should research axe and split sp with axe pre lc, if thier is a viable strategy im welcome to discuss but im pretty sure the fact that no one decent vouges for that method is not coincidence.

n yea perhaps a little harsh, english delicacy and clear sentance construction lacks more than my start up :D

DeletedUser

but you are rank 1 right now so i guess i should take your word as gospel.
oh wait your not.....
I'm rank1 so you should take my word as gospel. I say mass recruit scouts at first :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

there.... Now you know my ultimate secret. don't tell anyone though :X

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

On debate terms i would say you never ever go axe before lc

You either go fast lc (going with as low troops as quest rewards)
or longer route (via sp/sw split)

now im no start up pro its infact my weakest area, however i dont believe any top rated start up player would argue splitting spears with axe pre lc is the best way to achieve optimum growth and thier by optimum troop counts.

perhaps im wrong, but in trying for a while to improve the weakest area of my game ive not heard one rated player ive asked who says you should research axe and split sp with axe pre lc, if thier is a viable strategy im welcome to discuss but im pretty sure the fact that no one decent vouges for that method is not coincidence.

n yea perhaps a little harsh, english delicacy and clear sentance construction lacks more than my start up :D

If anything, this is the most common strategy among "top startup players". I'm not sure where you guys are coming up with never to research axes before LC. I've done both the sp/sw and sp/axes strategy. Most of the time I research axes, but with the new tutorial I can see why you'd want to go for swords.

Never the less, it really doesn't matter. But I prefer axes due to balancing of resources for LC production.

DeletedUser4753

pre quests i prefered sp/sw but with quests i dont see a faster nor stronger eco way to go to lc, and the last few world am pretty sure he top players have not gone axes 1st.

DeletedUser

well since the new quest system, they already give you 30 swords and 10 axes, so I don't see why you need more axes to split troops. you can just get like 60 spears, and split them with axes/swords . I don't see how more Axes will be needed as their carrying capacity is very low and you already have troops to help with splitting.

DeletedUser6695

If anything, this is the most common strategy among "top startup players". I'm not sure where you guys are coming up with never to research axes before LC. I've done both the sp/sw and sp/axes strategy. Most of the time I research axes, but with the new tutorial I can see why you'd want to go for swords.

Never the less, it really doesn't matter. But I prefer axes due to balancing of resources for LC production.

Quests have made the axe strategy quite unused tbh. 20 free swords spread across 2 quests just makes life so easy

DeletedUser

I'm not rank 1 because I started like 2 weeks after him (this estimate is way off I know).
As I said, the axe strategy seemed to be the best one considering my sorroundings (you ignored this btw and just flamed my strategy while admitting that startup is your weakest part ie that you're not good at it). So I'm not saying axe is the best everywhere, just worked well for me there.
Also since you're not good at startup (and not rank 1) why should I take YOUR word as gospel?

when asking nauz for pointers to improve my game going speedy axes on militia worlds on militia worlds was one of things he said i could think about adjusting
but nauz also always says to ADAPT to your sorroundings and that good players do that (not saying I'm one - I know I have a lot to improve). Maybe you can't get top ranks at startup since you always lc rush. Consider it.

Plus in an area with bad hauls you might actually get lc faster by building axes first to split spears in smaller groups and get full hauls all the time.
However my strategy will be beaten by lc rushing in a great area as the player who rushes lc will still get great hauls and have lc faster and farm more (or not?).

If you look at spears they have a much better haul per population space and they are less expensive (per population). Add to that that they are quite fast and with 2 axes (and a 10% luck balancing flag) you won't lose any unless you encounter walls, which are rare for barbs at startup.
Also, you can be the first to empty the warehouses of 26 pointer players just out of beginner protection because you have 300 spears and 50+ axes while the people who rushed lc have very little troops which gives a nice bonus and allows you to get lc in a few hours.
Finally, if people near you rush lc you can simply attack them with axes as soon as they gets out of BP which gets rid of threats and gives you a nice farms.
If you rush lc you're just hoping you won't get attacked, but you can't be lucky all the time. You need to be prepared and able to stop others. of course, you can do this by building defense but very few lc rushers will do this as it slows down an lc rush considerably.

PS Sorry for the wall of text.

DeletedUser4753

i disagree, clearing ppl on militia worlds aint worth it later axes ftw

Because my post was saying take my word as gospel??

i said i disagree with your statement, on the basis of my own calculations and advice ive recieved,

You said full frontadly, d1 is wrong, yet you come up with sum very strange arguments.

If i split with swords i out haul all the barbs before you can even sniff axes, so any "ill be first to empty barbs argument isnt valid imo, the barbs will be cleared by quest troops long before you research axes and get a 300 strong farming force.

lc rush is not about hoping im not attacked, you attack you get no res and i continue farming cuz i dodged, so you waste time, better yet, who cares for pits, depending on when you attack i can just use militia to dint you whilst i get on with by business.

lc can be got within like 2-3 days, so on a 5 day bp world one can make enough lc and def to out farm you, to block you, to back time you, either way, the loss is yours not mine.

If you truly wish to go for axes just cuz, by all means its no skin off my back, but if your seeking optimum start up strategy for both troops/points/area dominance/long term success, id confidently say going axes pre lc is not perhaps never the way to do it.

yes i suck at start up, but i believe i use logic in my arguments, are you, or do ya just luv axes lol

DeletedUser

Be nice or be banned guys. That is the rules. No confrontations allowed.

DeletedUser2918

im not sure artofwar was seeking optimum start up strat, or saying his way of doing it was the 'bestest'. He just believes its best for his area/ level of activity/ way he likes to play perhaps.

i think to begin with he was just saying hello though :icon_redface:

DeletedUser4753

im terribly sorry i forget my place

player 1 posts (YOUR RIGHT!!!! I AGREE)
Player 2 posts in disagreement with player one (YOUR ALSO RIGHT, EVEN THOUGH DIFFERENT VIEWS WE ARE ALL FRIENDS AND ALL AGREE)

lets never agree again, infact shall we all just agree who is the best footy player/team/colour/number/tw troop etc etc
and then we allways agree and be fwends!

DeletedUser4753

im not sure artofwar was seeking optimum start up strat, or saying his way of doing it was the 'bestest'. He just believes its best for his area/ level of activity/ way he likes to play perhaps.

i think to begin with he was just saying hello though :icon_redface:

I dunno he only isnt rank 1 cuz of late start :lol:

you know me chris, brutal :p