Hoang the Humble?

• Thread starter Deleted User - 695343
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 695343

The first time I encountered Hoang Nghiem was in W36. He posted on the public forums much the same way he used to here. There was an understated humility, a sense of integrity and decency to his posts - one that would not normally be associated with a top five player. Maybe I'm a natural cynic, maybe it was women's intuition, but I never really bought it. When I saw him post here, my spidey senses started tingling again and I wondered...

It's only been in recent days that I have found out exactly how right I am, that Hoang is not the meek and humble personality he would have you believe, but rather a vindictive player who will resort to subversive tactics to get what he wants.

"Woah, Deb, that's a big accusation," I can hear you say, but unlike some of my contemporaries (love you Ender :icon_wink:) I tend not to make claims I cannot substantiate with evidence.

In order to fully appreciate this endeavour, we need to take a little history lesson. As some of you may be aware, Hoang took quite the beating from RA (and to be fair, gave us quite a run for our money in return) eventually losing his first two villages and winding up effectively troop-less.

Around the same time our own Reduaram had a fight with his coplayer which resulted in him quitting and Joe being left without a coplayer. It wasn't long before it emerged that Joe would be leaving RA to coplay with Hoang.

We were assured of Joe's loyalty and that this was merely to satisfy Hoang's sense of honour, which in a way was understandable, although personally I did not and still do not approve of the decision.

[12/11/2009 21:52:05] Joe: All I want to say is that I have decided to leave the tribe and co-play with Hoang Nhgiem. We have mutual respect of each other, and a continued fight will just farther destroy both of us. However I will never join Rumble, therefore Hoang accepted my condition of leaving RA and form a tribe of our own, this decision will help his pride in not defecting to the enemy. I will still consider myself part of RA though, even if I am not 'officially' in it.

Despite my own personal misgivings, it was all handled in a very dignified way and Joe made it quite clear that he would be available to us for support or other needs.

It was shortly after this that I first saw Hoang's true colours emerge. Knowing that we were likely to strike, given the circumstances, he had the following to say to Russki:

[21:57:29] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ says: russki
[21:57:34] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ says: i will tell you this
[21:58:00] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ says: If you decide to attack us, i will retaliate
[21:58:04] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ says: cause i have to
[21:58:11] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ says: and im not alone like you guys think
[21:58:32] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ says: if you want to waste more troops and nobles on me
[21:58:35] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ says: you are welcome
[21:59:08] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ says: but if i were you i wont be wasting my troops while a war is going on
[22:00:01] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ says: take my word or not
[22:00:05] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ says: its up to you ;)
[22:00:09] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ says: thats what a leader is about
[22:00:31] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ says: i done so much dmg to Red while having next to nothing i can do it again

:icon_eek: Hardly the same humble Hoang we've seen on the forums. Rather it reeks of arrogance and smugness. I was a little shocked to say the least. Add that to the fact that he admitted he was just "playing along" with the truce Joe had negotiated:

Reduaram on 18.11. at 18:53
have you even know what russki said when he left? did he agreed that he will have our truce? or he just stormed off and say he will attack and give us hell? (also calling me name.. but that was with pervis)

I just play along with the truce cause Joe feels guilty and dont want to fight with you guys cause he consider you guys as friends. If russki still have the convo and then please ask him to send you it cause i cant find it myself.

techinically i dont break promises (even there no deal to begin with cause russki did not agreed), i promised joe that i wont use his account to fight RA .. so i dont, i respect him and his decisions even though knowing you guys would have eaten us alive if you have the chance.

We always knew that Hoang controlled shut! as they, not Rumble, were the ones who stacked him on our first attempt to take his main. Within a few days of the coplay beginning, we started to see incoming from their new "neutral" tribe along with incoming from shut!.

[2:20:49] russki says: Any idea why dracolord is attacking us?
[2:21:27] Joe says: (think)
[2:21:48] Joe says: he is taking the wall down for when i send my train
[2:22:17] Joe says: jk
[2:22:18] Joe says: :p
[2:22:19] Joe says: umm
[2:22:28] Joe says: I dont know why he sent you attacks

Joe plays dumb, but it becomes quite apparent at this stage that the Hoang tribe is no longer neutral and we begin to wonder if they are working for Rumble.

No sooner does the thought cross our minds than intel (which I cannot share for fear of compromising my source) comes in confirming that Pervis does indeed still control Hoang.

Muldeh gets confirmation from the horses mouth:

[12:12:45 AM] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶: i still talk with rumble and work with rumble and still a rumble

But because I need to satisfy my own personal curiosity I have to question Hoang on all this.

Queen of Hearts today at 10:02
Why don't you just join Rumble? I know you're still working for them. I have chat logs of Pervis saying he'll have you do things. We know you're helping shut! etc etc etc. So why keep up the charade?

Is it Joe trying to maintain a shred of integrity that's stopping you?

Reduaram today at 10:15
i have agreed not to join back to Rumble on the account cause of Joe, its not fair on him if we join Rumble, im a team player, i dont just quit my account and co-play Joe cause of points, i did it cause i wanted to co-play Joe, im always belong to a tribe once i joined unless they treat me bad and i did make it clear to Joe that i wont jeopadised his account for my own selfishness but I still opose RA as you are a threat in the K, sooner or later you will go for me again :(

If i had joined RA i would do exactly the same for RA, one thing i would never do is betray some one for my own good :( (stuck up really but thats me)

hoang nghiem

PS: its a scandal what we did but we accept our consequences.

Queen of Hearts today at 10:51
Hmmm, I understand that, it just seems contradictory to what Joe initially said, which I also understand. It seems counter-intuitive for your account if nothing else. You're helping shut, while he's sending support against them. Wouldn't it be better to either A) pick a side or B) remain directly AND indirectly neutral?

Reduaram today at 10:57
A) i cant pick a side cause Joe wont join rumble and I Cant join RA on moral ground.

B) if i remain neutral i will be wiped later in game as RA will grow and we always remain a good target for you to pick on, i have to move early by tatically/ polically involved so i can hinder RA growth, to get myself ready. As long as we are in K44, RA always remaining a threat for long term.

I hope you understand my perceptions :(

hoang nghiem

Queen of Hearts today at 11:02
I suppose I get that. I'm just not a fan of subversion, would much prefer incoming nobles. ;-)

Reduaram today at 11:10
i will keep my end of the bargain and stay out of RA's way (directly), unless reduaram is under attack from RA :D

indirectly if other players want me to help them, i am not gonna say no, cause the truth is.. without experience they have no chance against you guys =(

hoang nghiem

So basically Hoang admits to still being a part of Rumble, to helping shut! against us and to using the very same subversive tactics they have accused and condemned us for using on several occasions. And what does Hoang really think of shut!?

[11/22/2009 5:10:07 PM] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶: i only have some of them cause they good and listen.. the rest of SHut! is like any other noob

He says he promised Joe not to jeopardise his account. Maybe it's just me - but using my account to sit another (he sits Mustaka in shut!) to attack the tribe that I have pledged my loyalty to - that would be jeopardising my account. Seems to me as if Joe is being taken for the proverbial ride.

He says he accepted the co-play not for points, but because he wanted to play with Joe, when the initial discussion between them contradicts this entirely.

[9:37:43 AM] Joe says: I dont like Rumble
[9:37:58 AM] Joe says: well, I dont like pervis and Nauz's attitudes
[9:38:11 AM] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ says: i dont talk to neither :D
[9:38:26 AM] Joe says: The one annoys me hugely
[9:38:27 AM] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ says: i only talk to james and lodda lol
[9:38:30 AM] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ says: and the girls
[9:38:37 AM] Joe says: Celtic Mist is frustrating
[9:38:42 AM] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ says: oh
[9:38:49 AM] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ says: dont talk to her too
[9:38:52 AM] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ says: :D
[9:46:22 AM] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ says: i can fight back the rank 1 and own this server still if you help me
[9:46:26 AM] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ says: and you know it :(
[9:46:38 AM] Joe says: ha
[9:46:41 AM] Joe says: I could do the same
[9:46:44 AM] Joe says: if you help me
[9:46:44 AM] hoang nghiem ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ says: or else we just nobodies :D

Wouldn't want to be a nobody now, would we Hoang??? :icon_redface:

So what exactly is my point with this post? Well, Rumble have been trying to take the moral high ground since Ender's post (which for the record I too disapproved of) they have accused us of subversion, arrogance and general flaming.

I want the public to know that Rumble aren't as lily white as they would have you believe and indeed their most "humble" of players is really an arrogant, vindictive person who will do anything and use anyone to get back to rank one.

In Hoang's own words - "it's a scandal." :icon_biggrin:

Let the sanctimonious flaming begin. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Interesting read.
Whenever I've spoke to Hoang hes been pleasent and nice. Woudln't like to make a judgement on the player or person without knowing much about them.

The situation seems very silly though. The same account sending support to a player its helping to beat? :lol:

Sounds to me like you should just call it quits and pick a side.

DeletedUser

While this sounds rather intrigueing, I must admit I stopped reading after a while.

First off, no offense, but this really doesn't accomplish anything other than feed a starving ego. It's not going to do anything to Rumble, and it's likely not to do a great deal to Hoang and Red if the claims you're making are true.

As for hoang's flaws... A few mails isn't exactly damning, especially considering his past with you lot... :icon_rolleyes: Are you all puppy dogs and rainbows around people who gang-bang you and force you to restart (Then attempt to slander you on the forums by bragging about how the lot of you managed to beat him)? Just saying... Perhaps there's a wee bit too much reading into what seems like a multitude of disconnected events.

As for your slamming him for not disconnecting all ties to his friends at Rumble and elsewhere... Really? :icon_neutral: I presume it's a rather fair bet that Red still talks to you on a regular basis...

It was shortly after this that I first saw Hoang's true colours emerge. Knowing that we were likely to strike, given the circumstances, he had the following to say

If that's to be interpreted as you suggest, would that mean that he said he'd defend himself against the imminent threat of you guys attacking, possibly by involving friends of his? (of whom he does not specify). What's more, you seem to be suggesting here that this is a wise thing to fear? If he really is in danger of being attacked, why not plan ahead and possibly weather the storm?

Don't take offense, merely noticed some discrepincies in a rather convuluted (and at this point one sided) situation. There will of course be two sides to this coin, but a player's reputation shouldn't be trashed on merely a few conversations.

DeletedUser

Queen of Hearts today at 16:52
Don't kill me guys!

It's all part of the fun! <3

Yep its all part of the fun :icon_cool:, im not denying it im a selfish, self-centered and arrogant player :icon_twisted: ...ooooh i forgot to say .. and a point whore too!

"troops dies, point dont!" best concept in TW :icon_wink:

I mean those who know me .. know me .. that is all, KingT thanks for your comment buddy. im cool with whatever going on.

For the record: Joe's partner quit cause i have catted and cleared 2 of his 3 villages, Joe was gonna quit cause he has no co-player as well .. so merging account and go neutral was gonna cause grieved but hey, im not regretting it.

hoang nghiem

DeletedUser

Interesting read, I was going to wait to respond until hoang posted, and Queen,
of course hoang is self centered and arrogant, he beats out PP (arrogant) and stays in first place (you have to be somewhat self centered to do that), he has a rite to a larger ego than nauz...though, after the battle, PP won out in the end
:p
at least it had more proof than ender.

DeletedUser4570

I want the public to know that Rumble aren't as lily white as they would have you believe and indeed their most "humble" of players is really an arrogant, vindictive person who will do anything and use anyone to get back to rank one.

Last I saw Hoang is not in Rumble . He may consider himself Rumble as he holds loyalty to them as people not in your tribe may hold loyalties to you.

However the claims that Rumble aren't as lily white as they would have you believe , you are taking completely out of context.

Rumble defended completely false acusations. That is not claiming any moral highground , that is defending against lies. As you yourself insinuated Ender made claims he couldn't substantiate and they defended themselves against his lies.

Therefore I'm not sure the purpose of this PnP as Hoangs position comes across quite clear to me he wants to play with his friend whilst holding loyalties to his past tribe and is conscious of repurcussions from his past enemy .

Whatever his reasons , it is their decision both Red and Hoang's , some of their decisions may not make sense but they are only actually answerable to each other as they do not belong to a tribe.

So basically the point of your post is void as it's totally out of context.

DeletedUser

So hoang is arrogant? whats your point? Almost 90% of all top players are :p

DeletedUser

Have to say was a good read, good PnP :)

EDIT: I get it hit a nerve for the Rumble players, but Discord, get out and watch for a change.... You need to go to PnP Anonymous (you smell of addiction :icon_wink:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

u mad, bro?

Seems like you were fine with Joe saying he would still support RA, but when hoang admitted to still favoring Rumble the crap hits the fan?

Deleted User - 695343

u mad, bro?

Seems like you were fine with Joe saying he would still support RA, but when hoang admitted to still favoring Rumble the crap hits the fan?

<3 Jag. Nope, are you? :lol:

Au contraire Jag. I wish they'd pick a damn side and stick with it. :icon_rolleyes: Don't really care which one tbh, but this push and pull is counter productive and generally just annoying.

DeletedUser

that was a big read O.O but nice PnP, best one ive seen so far.

DeletedUser

Have to say was a good read, good PnP :)

EDIT: I get it hit a nerve for the Rumble players, but Discord, gtfo and watch for a change.... You need to go to PnP Anonymous (you smell of addiction :icon_wink:)

Oh please... One post and I am an addict am I? ... Yes, I do have a problem... :icon_cry: halp me!

DeletedUser5286

fairly nice read :icon_confused:

have RA and Rumble been rumbling in the past then?

DeletedUser

Oh please... One post and I am an addict am I? ... Yes, I do have a problem... :icon_cry: halp me!

Lol true. But, there is a lack of PnP on this world. You're probably screaming out to make some of some sort.

And Jager; How original >.<

DeletedUser

Nice! post Queen of <3 :icon_biggrin:
Itz interesting........what happens in the background.

DeletedUser

Lol true. But, there is a lack of PnP on this world. You're probably screaming out to make some of some sort.

And Jager; How original >.<

My dream! It's become a reality!

Anyone want to help me makes one exposing how Russki lies to me!
He told me we were best friends but killed my nuke :/

Seriously though, I haven't cared enough to bother with anything of the sort Crudz, just felt this thread really served no purpose other than to make a stink about something that will inevitably become inconsequential.

DeletedUser

My dream! It's become a reality!

Seriously though, I haven't cared enough to bother with anything of the sort Crudz, just felt this thread really served no purpose other than to make a stink about something that will inevitably become inconsequential.

I know you haven't... I'm sort of... Proud... :icon_razz:

And maybe it will become inconsequential, but I think it was a case of everyone may of saw a halo above his head, this thread's purpose is probably just to tilt it slightly

DeletedUser

I'm Hoang's official fanboy so I'm going to be biased.

I can't see where Hoang did anything wrong here.
He may have been underhanded for planning with another tribe (Shut!) to attack RA in lace of him but there are a few points to be made on this.

1. He never broke his word of attacking RA using the Reduaram account.
2. You knew he had been defended by Shut!, he knew you knew, so it wasn't really a secret.
3. When confronted about it, not once did he deny it, in fact he gave very valid reasons as to why he did it.
4. Shut! and RA share a continent, it was either fight or roll over and play dead for Shut! - why not use Hoang's skills to their own advantage too.

The Reduaram account is in RA territory. Hoang had previous problems with RA and as you have stated, and likely wasn't alone in the opinion, you were not happy about the decision of those 2 leaving their respective tribes and coplaying.
Hoang had a right to be cautious. I believe Joe would likely have felt the same if the account was K54.

Hoang continues to play the game and along the way shows respect for allies and enemies alike.
No public bashing or bragging of his own successes.

I know you haven't... I'm sort of... Proud... :icon_razz:

And maybe it will become inconsequential, but I think it was a case of everyone may of saw a halo above his head, this thread's purpose is probably just to tilt it slightly

He still well and truly has that halo over his head (machete in his hand too but that's the other side).
This thread has done nothing to change my opinion of Hoang, at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.