LC or HC nukes?

DeletedUser7213

It all depends on your skill as a player.

For a Axe/Lc nuke this would be your build

Sp/Sw defense

Sp 3
Sw 3
Axe 3
Lc 3
Ram 2 or

Sp/Hc

Sp 3
Sw 1 (mandatory)
Axe 3
Lc 3
Hc 3
Ram 1 or 2

So in the sense of offense the Axe/Lc nuke is stronger

BUT DEFENSIVELY

You could manage 10000 axe and 1200-1300 hc with 200-250 rams depending on your building builds.

In your defensive villages you could manage another 11000 spears and 1200-1300 hc or more depending on building builds.

Your tech levels in ALL villages

Sp 3
Sw 3
Axe 3
Hc 3

Then you have remaining techs for rams or cats.

Defensively the axe/hc strat is stronger. You can also build more offensive villages BECAUSE you have 1200-1300 hc in each of those villages.

Even though you would need to use more nukes on a fully stacked village you are defensively running a lot stronger than the average player with their cluster of villages.

I think the axe/hc strat is sexy. If you want to share ideas then message me at Hyper hypo because i love to chat about this strat.

DeletedUser

Especially considering you wasted all that farm space on catapults when you could have built around 4000 more axes...

Axes are a waste, 14k axes and 1300 hc? LOL

There's no denying that HC nukes are effective, it's just a matter of what the rest of the nuke consists of. In our case, we cat the wall down on the attack since .net w2 is going to have some real stacks to break.

It's a matter of taste really. We only have 75 villages (out of 2500 :eek:) set up like that for testing. The only real downside is the lack of resources that get hauled off once a village is cleared out in the HC nuke as opposed to the LC nuke.

10k axe
20 scouts
1300 hc
300 rams
150 cats

compared to

6010 axe
50 scouts
3020 LC
300 rams
150 cats

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7433

I personally like to use LC nukes, just because of the offence advantage they give you, but, on the other hand, HC nukes give you a great advantage to quickly change Nukes into defence and defence into nukes, because all villages will have level 3 spears and HC you then still have room for axe and rams etc, whereas in LC nukes you should have spear and HC up to 3 but then the level 3 LC will give little space for change in nukes. Just my opinion and my first post on the English version forums :)

Jezz... :lightcavalry: :heavycavalry:

DeletedUser

IMO the LC nukes are better. what is the point of compartmentalisation of villages if you hinder your attack strength by replacing your most potent offensive troops with a less potent, more expensive version. I like to build 9000 axes, 2300 LC, 240 Rams and 1000 swords in a village that way I still get the attacking advantage of an LC nuke and have troops to defend the village when you intially take it. Just my preference although at one point I would like to test out a 20K axe nuke. just for fun!

DeletedUser

IMO the LC nukes are better. what is the point of compartmentalisation of villages if you hinder your attack strength by replacing your most potent offensive troops with a less potent, more expensive version. I like to build 9000 axes, 2300 LC, 240 Rams and 1000 swords in a village that way I still get the attacking advantage of an LC nuke and have troops to defend the village when you intially take it. Just my preference although at one point I would like to test out a 20K axe nuke. just for fun!

thats what you call a "noob" offense

DeletedUser5582

is all about pay offs as the hc strat is the best if you are under constant attack but not so great if you doing the attacking.

Is a compromise on offense as yes nukes are weaker but you have more of them. But the pay off is that you can support your villages from all your villages, you can snipe from all your villages and when nobling the fact that your last noble can arrive with 8k sp and 2k hc and a few hundred cats is very handy.

The downside is feeble farming, weaker nukes, a constant desire for iron but this is a strat for active players so not huge issues.

this world is perfect for the hc stat though due to the tech set up plus you can of course compromise and build 500 hc in your o villas and so keep a decent balance.

On refection (and have used the hc strat for some time) I would say this.

No constant build will be perfect for all situations and all opponents. So vary it. I have villas with large numbers of rams for wall busting, find a hc lover then have nukes with high lc. The beauty of this game is that there is no "perfect" way of doing things but a little thought, a lot of guide reading and some time running sims tells me that an average build isnlt the best way so I don't have one.

Having sat an account when a whole tribe was attacking it will say that had that person used the HC strat it would have been a lot easier to not just stack and kill nukes but snipe their nobles and preserve the defense. Having attacked a stacked villa with HC nukes where I lost 7 to clear where 4 standard lc nukes would have done the job told me that hc strat rubbish!

so on this topic there is no "right" answer but being being flexible and being active I think you can defeat anyone. Murphys law will of course mean that your wall busting nuke miles away from the stacked villa and your hc killer is next door but thats what makes this game fun!

DeletedUser7433

as lightyjo said, you can snipe from every vill, which, later in the game is a pretty big advantage, yes the nukes are a little weaker, but if you have 'ram nukes' to clear the wall straight off, this is normally to clear highly stacked vills, then the hc nuke is the way forward, some people could even use a range of hc nukes and lc nukes just to be different and get a feel for both types, this could be good because as you get stronger you can use the lc nukes for mass carpet bombing a player and use the hc nukes for more strategic nuking, meh.. there's always the 1k cat vills which just destroy your enemy ;)

BRING DOWN THAT FARM! :D

Jezz.... :icon_eek:

DeletedUser7451

The way I have always played the game is with HC as defence and LC as attack. So I think that LC is the better nuke. I don't understand how HC would make a better nuke. I can understand sending HC with a last noble so you have defence when you capture a villa and thats it.

DeletedUser

[la]stonehenge: HC aren't as good as LC for offense, but the idea of an HC nuke is that it is multipurposed: you can attack with it or you can defend with it.[/la]

DeletedUser7433

Its a way of mixing defence and offence with out being a noob :) On my net account i killed a nooby no ram nuke with a hc nuke as defence, woop to level 1 techs!!!!! :D

DeletedUser

Its a way of mixing defence and offence with out being a noob :) On my net account i killed a nooby no ram nuke with a hc nuke as defence, woop to level 1 techs!!!!! :D

Especially with this world it means you can defend or snipe any village available. But more importantly with the limited techs it means that you can tech elsewhere to give you a stronger nuke or allow you toput D into an offensive village without having heavier losses due to one of the D techs being teched lower than 3

DeletedUser7433

Yep, so mainly it gives you better flexibility in all villages meaning you can change D to O or O to D quickly depending if you are on the front line of wars or the back line :) But we seem to be going over the same things already said in this part of the forum :p Wish someone would post a declaration or something so we can talk and dispute over that ;)

Jezz...

DeletedUser

Lc as a nuke for me as you get 1 1/2 lc forthe population space of one Hc which is 1.3 x 130 (att strength lc) which is 195 compared to 150 of Hc, As for defence and an Hc NUKE gining an advantage I would argue that the player using Lc nukes is likely to have nobled far more villages than a player using Hc nukes and so they would have far more defence to draw upon......And don't get me wrong I love having Hc as defencive troops in several builds that I use, but for myself Hc is primarily a defencive troop