Leaving Ted.....

DeletedUser6796

I really cannot see any comparison in the trend of recruitment of the Rats and that of the failed tribe Ted. What you are complaining about, it seems, is that a handful of players have joined Rats and that they have some quite good points.

That is not the same as the Ted approach which was widely perceived as 'recruit your targets'. Your ex ted-fellows said it, Rats said it, IBF said it.... and if you find yourself ranting alone about something when all around you people sadly shake their heads, then it is time to reconsider your perceptions.

Anyhow, why should anyone compare the activities of a failed tribe to the actions of live ones? There is no risk of the Ted example being followed as most commentators regard the approach as an ultimate failure.

An apology? Oh go on then. We're sorry that you're upset.

Lilli
x

DeletedUser

You can call it what you want but you are all hypocrites, including IBF

Why the hell would they recruit the TLS lot?

Why didn't you fight UP if you lot are sooooo good at fighting?

DeletedUser6796

Well, here's one difference.

Ted were recruiting their targets instead of fighting anyone

RP are a stable tribe recruiting strategically useful players that have not been our targets.

So why do we not fight UP? Because we don't need to fight everyone in the same way that Ted felt the need to recruit everyone. It is not 'all or nothing' as an approach.. it's 'planned'.

Despite your assertions, I have yet to see any real similarity between the recruitment approaches. I think it comes across more as a blind panic on your part; one where the spat-out dummy hit the opposite wall and bounced. The recruitment of just three players has got you hitting the panic rhetoric alarm.

Lilli
x
x

DeletedUser13543

In my opinion it shows how strong (or weak) RP and IBF think they are. Recruiting UP and TLS instead of fighting them shows that they consider those players to be stronger or equal to their current members.

To stop confusion let me explain what i mean by that, If IBF think their members are stronger than TLS they would be better to attack TLS so the strong IBF members have the TLS village over all increasing the strength of IBF (the better way to merge, village not players :icon_wink: ). However if IBF think TLS member are equal or better they would increase the strength of IBF more by recruiting them. The same goes for RP and UP.

Personally know how well TLS have done so far kind of leaves IBF looking weaker after their merge, they might have the number advantage at but i really doubt they will win this world.

I cant really say much about RP or UP. RP have clearly done well vs TWZ but UP have seemed inactive for the most part (maybe due to a couple of their member quitting). I didn't expect this merge as i thought RP looked strong before, not saying the merge is bad tho.

At this stage I think Sins or RP will win this world, altho the world does look a bit boring now with only 2 potential winners. Would have been more fun to see a few smaller wars between the top 5.

DeletedUser6796

The strength/weakness balance you discuss is interesting, Divine. It's a nice theory, but it doesn't really gel with our intentions or wishes. However, I can see how that interpretation could be arrived at.

However, it raises more alarming questions about the failed Ted strategy. Were they recruiting everyone because everyone was greater than them, or equal to them?

Personally, I don't think Sins will win this world. They will run out of tribes and players who are well-disposed towards them before the world reaches the end, I believe.

Lilli
x

DeletedUser10100

To be honest, no matter what happens in a world the top tribe or two always get stick for being there, generally those bitter at their own failings to keep a tribe stable. RP has remained stable since near day one of this world. Recruiting three members of UP, isn't really a baggy is it? Deckix quit so not really gaining a player, just the odd vill.

If TWZ are such noobs then why are they still here? They have outlasted TED, through so much backstabbing I'm actually shocked they are still here.

I dont want to blow anything up Dsavages and Generalizers backsides but they are major thorns and personally very good players, that's evident from us attacking them and gaining very little in the process.

RP leadership is obviously doing something right, our members are loyal for one, we support each other no matter what and generally it has worked well, hence why we are still here.

UP were never our enemies, in fact they were the ones who we actually got on well with and could hold an adult conversation with. I could refer back to past convos but can't be bothered as I'm tired and need to go satisfy the Wife. ;)

DeletedUser10100

At no point did RP call Ted Merge Whores. I think we have played it smart and let the bigger tribes and the conflicting egos inadvertently explode, thus DMS, TED etc...breaking up.

DeletedUser

You still didn't answer my question - you had 18 members before, you could have taken on UP and strengthened your players but you decided to take them in?

The reason TED had to recruit was because we had so many players quitting, we were down to 5 or 6 at one point and so we had no other alternative; good or bad excuse at least we have one - i don't see a good enough reason for you not warring UP, i see them as potential targets for you and you just recruited them. Is it because you don't think you are good enough to take them on? Don't give me some bull either about a long term plan or strat you had...

In terms of players SINS has the best quality however we do lack firepower now compared to the other two tribes, maybe when RP get to our borders they will just recruit us as some sort of long term strategy ;)

DeletedUser10100

Every tribe has problems and a lot quitting, we also have this happening at present, however shouldn't need to justify that to anyone. As you said previously, you recruited enemies as there were very little decent players to recruit. Although I think it's not necessarily the decent players, I think it's more those willing to join you.

UP were no threat to us and enable us to secure the WEST as we've been aiming for since day one, as would any tribe. Except the Core tribe who simply see themselves better then every other tribe and seek to fight on every front. It's very rare that a Core tribe stays that from the beginning and wins a world.

DeletedUser6796

I can guarantee you aren't on the recruitment list, so please sleep peacefully on that score. It was clear from your exchanges on forums and here that you weren't the right material for RP.

And that rather demonstrates the point. We have no wish to recruit someone based on their points.

I think your demand for an explanation about why we didn't go to war with a strategic ally is laughable. We chose to absorb our allies rather than recruit and noble them. That might be because we aren't Ted. We have a very different vision of how things should work and we know it does not mesh with your thinking from your leadership of that failed tribe.

So. No bull.

No explanation either. It suited our strategic aims. We are so not going to share those with you, obviously :)

I would rate your bluster, demands and feather-spitting as a poor attempt at fishing for info at best - or a poorly thought-out rant as most likely.

Lilli
x

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You're just chatting away not really saying anything and hiding it with your 'strategic aims' - fact is you didn't wanna fight them for whatever reason (couldn't be bothered, didn't think you could win, liked the idea of more high point players) pic any one...

But whatever you're clearly not gonna say anything useful or relevant - you've reached the tribe limit now though so no more recruiting :p

DeletedUser10100

Why would we fight an Ally? The argument about us not attacking them is pointless, we chose not to attack them because one, we like them, two they secure one of our aims I.e. The West and North West Rim, we have a lot to mop up and quitters so why would we enter a war we don't want or need when we have other issues at hand that are far more important.

DeletedUser6796

From your point of view, 'useful' or 'relevant' would be giving away our plans and thoughts. Of course we are not going to do that. They are blindingly obvious if thought is applied, of course, but I wouldn't want you to think you had elicited some sort of secret info through your clever use of discourse.

You presented a hypothesis, with nothing of substance to back it up, and you are expecting meaningful dialogue? I think it has had all the air time it deserves and more, to be honest.

Ted was clearly the wrong way of doing things. RP, thus far, is not. That simple observation should be sufficient as evidence that we are not doing the same things as the failed tribe. This isn't a game of Lemmings.

Lilli
x

DeletedUser

I wasn't expecting you to admit anything, just giving readers a probable logic about what has occurred.

DeletedUser6796

Well, thanks for livening up the externals briefly. It would be ambitious to suggest it was a 'probable logic' your were proposing, but at least we have cleared up the reasons for your query.

Thanks for calling RAT PLC Customer Services

Ban Hammer

Reaction score
You still didn't answer my question - you had 18 members before, you could have taken on UP and strengthened your players but you decided to take them in?

Taking in Players can be considered a strength for all you know it could / would of been more beneficial to take them in than war them because lets face it if they had warred UP you guys would of prolly jumped on the band wagon for some free villages. we all know what you guys are like for easy villages and a good gang bang.

The reason TED had to recruit was because we had so many players quitting, we were down to 5 or 6 at one point and so we had no other alternative; good or bad excuse at least we have one

Can anyone smell bullshit? Ted have never been down to 5 or 6 accounts even after the guys in UP left your sorry arses you had more than 6 people playing.

- i don't see a good enough reason for you not warring UP, i see them as potential targets for you and you just recruited them.

you said it yourself. "YOU" see them as targets. not them.

Is it because you don't think you are good enough to take them on? Don't give me some bull either about a long term plan or strat you had....

Oh i'm sorry but didn't Ted recruit most of it's potential targets? i'm pretty sure thats why a few people left your tribe and / or quit. further more you used to give bullshit term plans and strats for your bad recruiting so perhaps be less of a hypocrite before posting yeah?

In terms of players SINS has the best quality however we do lack firepower now compared to the other two tribes, maybe when RP get to our borders they will just recruit us as some sort of long term strategy ;)

oh lord i just massively Facepalmed. "Best Quality"? i'm sorry you have 2 of the worst players on this worlds and thats by not only Facts but stats aswell. and you lack firepower because you lack the skill to use it wisely even you yourself Kiam have lost countless nukes for a pathetic attempt at a measly village.

So you fought a load of noobs then as soon as a couple decent players get near your borders you recruit them?

i also want to point out that RP went up against TWZ a combined family of more than 4 times their size unknowingly aware they were noobs which is more than i can say for any of you guys.

Good Go though :)
all in blue above.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Wow wtf climb out of RP's ar**!

How would you even know half of what went on with ted, you weren't there long enough.

I meant 5 or 6 players left, so if we had 10 in the tribe, 4 had quit and were being internalled.

Lol but why wouldn't you see them as targets, they would have made excellent growth and its not exactly like they didn't have enough players but we are going round in circles here.

Enlighten me on these 2 worst players because believe me i could pick worse ones in RP and IBF.

Nukes rebuild, i know you can't win every attack, defending is too OP but i learn player defending styles everytime i do.

DeletedUser13543

These forums always get rather aggressive.

Dusty your the 2nd person today with facts completely wrong, maybe sort that out before making clearly incorrect comments.

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
This thread has been nothing but slander and off topic posting. Keep it on topic and throw dirt at each other somewhere outside of TW forums/game (except if you do it with lots of troops and such).

DeletedUser10100

Oh dear, now look what you've all done....you've angered the Elders ;)