Merry Christmas! [PP up for Grabs!]

DeletedUser5542

I got the same things more or less but it was the "and tomorrow's yesterday was the day before today" that threw me becuase this isn't literally true. Was this a spelling mistake or part of the riddle? I'm very confused and still am not sure what the actualy *question* was meant to be, let alone the answer!

DeletedUser

If today is tomorrow's yesterday and tomorrow's yesterday was the day before today, what day would it be two days from yesterday's tomorrow now if today was friday?

It all comes down to how you break it down, as there can be several different interpretations due to having no real grammatical form (as you said).

Today is tomorrow's yesterday
= self explanatory.
tomorrow's yesterday was the day before today
= Well, we get told today is friday, so if you choose to see this as the key, tomorrows yesterday was Thursday.

This means tomorrows yesterday is the same as yesterdays tomorrow. Meaning 2 days later it would be Saturday.

Like I said, it could be Saturday or Sunday depending on what you choose to see as the important part of the line due to no grammar.

So yep, doesn't have to be Sunday...

DeletedUser5542

So the answer is saturday, sunday, or monday depending on how you interprate the question. Or alternativly "Fish", "There is no Spoon" or "42". Why not?

DeletedUser

Alright, I got Saturday as well, so lets take a crack at it...

Kriegselend said:
If today is tomorrow's yesterday

Today is Friday, and if it is tomorrow's yesterday it means it's still friday (goes forward and backward a day)

Kriegselend said:
and tomorrow's yesterday was the day before today,

Since it is still Friday, we simply go back one, as that would be the day before today, therefore it is Thursday.

Kriegselend said:
what day would it be two days from yesterday's tomorrow now if today was friday?

So then from Thurday, we move ahead two spaces, as yesterday's tomorrow is still Thursday, and thus we move ahead by two days. Leading us to Saturday (Thursday, Friday, Saturday).

If the argument is that by not stating day before today (and instead stating yesterday's tomorrow", and instead should go two days from friday as opposed to thursday, than that's not really that clear, as each day is defined as the next... "and tomorrow's yesterday was the day before today" meaning that tomorrow's yesterday is also the day before today...

Meh, I think that makes a fair bit of sense.

DeletedUser

Alright, I got Saturday as well, so lets take a crack at it...

Today is Friday, and if it is tomorrow's yesterday it means it's still friday (goes forward and backward a day)

Since it is still Friday, we simply go back one, as that would be the day before today, therefore it is Thursday.

So then from Thurday, we move ahead two spaces, as yesterday's tomorrow is still Thursday, and thus we move ahead by two days. Leading us to Saturday (Thursday, Friday, Saturday).

If the argument is that by not stating day before today (and instead stating yesterday's tomorrow", and instead should go two days from friday as opposed to thursday, than that's not really that clear, as each day is defined as the next... "and tomorrow's yesterday was the day before today" meaning that tomorrow's yesterday is also the day before today...

Meh, I think that makes a fair bit of sense.

I say we have a winzor? :eek:

[ke]Well everyone, Christmas just started for me (about 2 hours ago) and I am in a very jolly mood atm. [/ke]

You're not really jolly? :eek:
Just drunk? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

[ke]
If today is tomorrow's yesterday and tomorrow's yesterday was the day before today, what day would it be two days from yesterday's tomorrow now if today was friday? :icon_cool:[/ke]

Today is FRIDAY

If FRIDAY is tomorrow's yesterday and tomorrow's yesterday was the day before FRIDAY, what day would it be two days from yesterday's tomorrow now if today was friday?

If FRIDAY is tomorrow's (saturday)yesterday and tomorrow's (saturday)yesterday (friday)was the day before FRIDAY (Thursday) -- Then I'm Shay Laren.

FRIDAY cannot be the day before FRIDAY. So according to Kriegs time zone it was Thursday for him and Friday for me , but as he was asking when was 2 days from his yesterdays tomorrow then the answer would be Saturday.

<3

Simply for the purpose of claiming the answer is not sunday, as there is no correct answer cos the question contradicts itself. x

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Today is FRIDAY

If FRIDAY is tomorrow's yesterday and tomorrow's yesterday was the day before FRIDAY, what day would it be two days from yesterday's tomorrow now if today was friday?

If FRIDAY is tomorrow's (saturday)yesterday and tomorrow's (saturday)yesterday (friday)was the day before FRIDAY (Thursday) -- Then I'm Shay Laren.

FRIDAY cannot be the day before FRIDAY. So according to Kriegs time zone it was Thursday for him and Friday for me , but as he was asking when was 2 days from his yesterdays tomorrow then the answer would be Saturday.

<3

Merry Christmas Lisa. :)

DeletedUser

[ke]If today is tomorrow's yesterday and tomorrow's yesterday was the day before today, what day would it be two days from yesterday's tomorrow now if today was friday?[/ke]

AHA! I believe HeavenFox is correct!!! and can be seen that it is indeed MONDAY by using simple equations.

Several principles to start off with

[ke]If today is tomorrow's yesterday[/ke]

today=tomorrow's yesterday

[ke]tomorrow's yesterday was the day before today[/ke]

tomorrow's yesterday=day before today (better known as yesterday)

Following these two conclusions that means for every "yesterday" one could substitute "today" which happens to be Friday so...

what day would it be two days from yesterday's(Friday's) tomorrow?

This would mean Monday since Friday's tomorrow is Saturday then you go one day(Sunday) then two days(Monday).

This way time zones don't play a factor and it's all contained in the riddle

So the answer is MONDAY :icon_cool: amrite?

DeletedUser

I don't know the answer.... buuut you should just give me 5 pp anyway.... Oh wait I have no acc to send them to :D

Merry Xmas HARRY and the rest of this strange little TW world ;)

DeletedUser2765

[ke]Ooooh whats this? Attacking my Grammar are you?

/infracts

That was the true intentions of this Merry Christmas Thread. :icon_cool:

:icon_wink:

No, but seriously, its way to late for me to figure if you guys are spewing bull crap or not. >_>[/ke]

DeletedUser

Is that only because TODAY is Monday and not Friday? so 2 days from now is Wednesday? Oh, I'm hosting a party in 3 hours, I must get ready...drinking has begun (^_^)

DeletedUser2765

Huh, now i'm even more confused! So ruffus who said "sunday?" was the correct answer but you want somone to explain why "why it would not be sunday (and it makes sense)" If Sunday *is* the correct answer your question was basically "What is the day two days after Friday?" Or is "Sunday?" different to "Sunday"? Or did Ruffus pm you and thats whats confusing me?

[ke]Ruffus got the right answer because it was the answer that I had in my mind when I finished writing the riddle.

Also, I think you got it right this time around because Saturday is the answer I got looking at the riddle from a different perspective.[/ke]

DeletedUser2765

[ke]Hmmm, I am having trouble picking a winner, aimee was first to explain it in a way that makes sense, but it (the explanation) was crude at best.

Drunkenmonkey went next and his explanation is much better then aimee's....

Then Discord went and his is the best of all.

As for suds, that makes no sense. >.<"

So the real riddle is; does the person who makes the most sense get the winnings or the person who explained it first get it?[/ke]

DeletedUser

You didn't say anything about being first, simply explaining in a way that made sense. So Discord should win if his was the best explanation :)

DeletedUser

the answer is in this riddle which is in fact the REAL riddle...
the winnings are for one whom works out why
time did not factor in sense but,
delivered in true clarification the reasoning behind
the sense upon this riddle was founded.

DeletedUser1410

I would say the person who explains it best wins, as the first one might not be as good as the one's that fallow

DeletedUser5542

[ke]Hmmm, I am having trouble picking a winner, aimee was first to explain it in a way that makes sense, but it (the explanation) was crude at best.

Drunkenmonkey went next and his explanation is much better then aimee's....

Then Discord went and his is the best of all.

As for suds, that makes no sense. >.<"

So the real riddle is; does the person who makes the most sense get the winnings or the person who explained it first get it?[/ke]

Crude? More insults! lol, i know what you mean. but can i add this 'Standing on the shoulder of giants'
My answer, as crude as it was allowed people to comprehend and therefore eleborate in a more succinct way. surly you can not give the points for the most polished answer or else you might as well take the last one :p

I can sucinctly write out einsteins thiory of relativity (E=MC2) but that does not mean i should have Einsteins noble prize. Give it to who you like but i would like it very much ^_^

DeletedUser

Or give it to someone who came up with a damn good riddle to answer your riddle