~*MH*~Family (+K45 Jungle?) Vs SPQR

DeletedUser

I thought OD was a measure of how much you suck at faking? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I thought OD was a measure of how much you suck at faking? :lol:

lol, to be quite honest if your playing stupid with me or not, but ill explain anyway:
it measures how many enemy troops you have killed

oh and by the way, ive decided had enough of this stupid topic thing, so im gonna leave you guys to argue with each other

DeletedUser

Maybe you need to look up what the goals of faking are supposed to be....:icon_rolleyes:

Making nice empty villages to noble by getting the troops somewhere else.

DeletedUser

what the hell is going on now? how the hell has this thread drifted in a couple of hours?

DeletedUser5941

more to the point what the hell happened to MH over the last couple of hours! Things turning this quick maketh the chefs head spin!
Loving the fact that Jungle are the only people who seem upset at the demise of MH! Guess they need to find some more pawns to sacrifice =)
Eagerly awaiting a witty and well thought out (or is that boring and repetitive) reply from discord............

DeletedUser

the bottem 10 will be staying unless they go inactive, you see we work together and act as a tribe. Every member is a key member, K45 is ours and should be staying that way for a decent amount of time.

Goodness, how aggressive. Ironically more MH have asked to join us than have joined you already. I also love how you imply that Jungle doesn't work together, and/or that we leave our members out to dry? Ironic coming from the ones who internally nobled/kicked players who were severely damaged by MH.

Also if your attempting to insult eldron about being in the tribe i would pick one of him over 100 of you.

Well, in all fairness, I am rather poor compared to most players I consider good. Alas, it's not important. One of the perks of leading a tribe I suppose. :icon_wink:

lol, this made me laugh, particularly the part where you said:
Furthermore, it's a wonder you're still in SPQR...
this is sounding an awfull lot like you are attempting to discriminate me cause of my lack of points...
i couldnt help notice despite you vastly outnumbering me in points and villages, i have outstripped you in ODD, and you are barely ahead of me in overall OD even before i was given support by spqr, so i could say the same thing about you, but i wont stoop to your level, and suggest that arent worthy of being in a tribe just because of lower points, becuase as you will see by my OD, ive fought and defeated almost as many troops as you have. to be quite honest, i thought your previous posts did have a good collection of common sense, but this post is rather pathetic in my opinion. you have made the assumption that because of my lack of points, im not worthy of being in this tribe

Discriminate you? No. Demean you? Possibly. I was merely pointing out that you had no room to be talking smack when you yourself couldn't have possibly contributed much more than meat shielding in your little war.

As per your further chest beating. Quite simply, no. I have about 30 times the ODA you have. Yes, you might have more ODD, alas... I prefer not wasting my troops in pointless manners, and instead nobling players while their troops are away. This doesn't make your "argument" any stronger. As I said, I was merely pointing out how silly it was of you to be talking trash.

No, I am not referring to your points. In fact, I am referring to your lack of villages. Regardless of whether or not every single village you own has a full level 30 farm (which I doubt) and if you had at least two full noble trains, nothing you could say could make up for the fact that you have 3 villages.

See, talking smack and assuming your tribe will back you up only goes so far. That was MH's fatal flaw, now it would seem to be SPQR's as well.

more to the point what the hell happened to MH over the last couple of hours! Things turning this quick maketh the chefs head spin!
Loving the fact that Jungle are the only people who seem upset at the demise of MH! Guess they need to find some more pawns to sacrifice =)
Eagerly awaiting a witty and well thought out (or is that boring and repetitive) reply from discord............

As per request. Upset? Where did I say (or imply) I was upset? What possibly leads you to that conclusion? Quite frankly, I don't think SPQR has accomplished anything worth sneezing at. MH failed due to it's own instability just as much as SPQR's prodding. Granted, the lovely little war helped. Throwing a rock off a cliff while a rock slide is in progress may contribute to the disaster, but it hardly makes you responsible. The rock slide would've happened whether you threw the rock or not.

You sir, (once again for SPQR anyway) overestimate your "accomplishments". You're possibly more important than the annoying fly buzzing around my room at the moment, and less important than my desire to go and eat myself a slice of pizza... Scratch that, the fly is pretty annoying... :icon_redface: Quite frankly, yes. This "changes" our plans to some degree... Good job, you've reached a certain level of annoying. Does that make you proud? Do you play this game for the sheer pleasure of being a fly to swat?

DeletedUser5941

@ Discord - I play the game to pass the time between shifts at work nothing more nothing less. However my occasional posts on the public forums are for no purpose other than to rile people.
Job Done =)

DeletedUser

@ Discord - I play the game to pass the time between shifts at work nothing more nothing less. However my occasional posts on the public forums are for no purpose other than to rile people.
Job Done =)

Errr... Nice way to dodge everything I said and take the "graceful" way out.

I do love how you seem to think you've "riled me up". The term I used was annoyance, and that's not because of your post. So I fail to see where you get the idea that you accomplished your "goal". As per riling me up, you haven't seen me riled up. You've seen me explain to you just how pathetic it is for you to be beating your chest claiming to be the best thing since sliced bread.

DeletedUser5941

if i didnt know better i would have said that was definitely the response of a riled man but hey if discord says he isnt riled then discord isnt riled
Must dash got some more chest beating to do...............

DeletedUser5542

Some stats to wrap things up

Side 1:
Tribes: SPQR
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: ~*MH*~ ~M2H~ ~M3H~
Players:

Timeframe: Last month

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 74
Side 2: 24
Difference: 50

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 492,236
Side 2: 140,803
Difference: 351,433

image.php

DeletedUser

lol looks its not locked yet, but it probably will soon be, so ill make one final reply to discord and his "superb" comments.
looks like you are still being prejudiced about my number of villages. I find this comment particularly discriminating:
I was merely pointing out that you had no room to be talking smack when you yourself couldn't have possibly contributed much more than meat shielding in your little war.
lol, and i remember back a couple pages you were telling off phileas fogg for making stupid insults like these, and on top of that, being a hypocrite. rather ironic, isint it?

i also noticed you tried to make a rather pointless insut at me expressing my views on the forum. if anyones been smack talking, its you, discord. i have not yet insulted you or anyone in this whole topic, while you have made these annoying and pathetic (admitedly rather amusing) comments about people without considering once maybe a little bit of tact would go a long way

As per your further chest beating. Quite simply, no. I have about 30 times the ODA you have. Yes, you might have more ODD, alas... I prefer not wasting my troops in pointless manners, and instead nobling players while their troops are away. This doesn't make your "argument" any stronger. As I said, I was merely pointing out how silly it was of you to be talking trash.

i may have more of a lack of villages then you, but i as i already said, we are almost equal in overall OD, defense and attack combined, so however fabulous you are in attack, im still better defense and you lead by a small margin overall. really, from a player like you, i would expect better. besides, what do points matter when we are talking on the forums? it makes no difference as to if you can win a debate, or have a right to talk

lol angry, do you think this post will rile him up a bit more? i sure hope so, cause it is rather amusing when he gets riled and writes one of his fabulous speeches correcting all my "errors" and making remarks like the ones above that make me laugh more then i have today :lol:

p.s. As per your further chest beating.
who said anything about me beating my chest? :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

i may have more of a lack of villages then you, but i as i already said, we are almost equal in overall OD, defense and attack combined, so however fabulous you are in attack, im still better defense and you lead by a small margin overall. really, from a player like you, i would expect better. besides, what do points matter when we are talking on the forums? it makes no difference as to if you can win a debate, or have a right to talk
*Clap* *Clap* *Clap*

So you're "good" at moving around your troops to several villages and asking your tribe for more and think you're good at defending then? Also as a food for thought, you get ODD for being attacked... if you're aggressive and clear your area there just aren't people nearby to attack you.

Also, having a decent track history in-game can add more believability to your posts... for example when implying ODD equals ODA.

lol angry, do you think this post will rile him up a bit more? i sure hope so, cause it is rather amusing when he gets riled and writes one of his fabulous speeches correcting all my "errors" and making remarks like the ones above that make me laugh more then i have today :lol:
Nice way to destroy all credibility you may have tried to establish in this post with a single paragraph.

No no no, not like your bragging about being a skilled awesome defender, nope, certainly not that.

DeletedUser

lol looks its not locked yet, but it probably will soon be, so ill make one final reply to discord and his "superb" comments.
looks like you are still being prejudiced about my number of villages. I find this comment particularly discriminating:
I was merely pointing out that you had no room to be talking smack when you yourself couldn't have possibly contributed much more than meat shielding in your little war.
lol, and i remember back a couple pages you were telling off phileas fogg for making stupid insults like these, and on top of that, being a hypocrite. rather ironic, isint it?

i also noticed you tried to make a rather pointless insut at me expressing my views on the forum. if anyones been smack talking, its you, discord. i have not yet insulted you or anyone in this whole topic, while you have made these annoying and pathetic (admitedly rather amusing) comments about people without considering once maybe a little bit of tact would go a long way

Okay, for the sake of not misinterpreting you, lets look at what discriminating means, no?

dis⋅crim⋅i⋅nat⋅ing

1. differentiating; analytical. 2. noting differences or distinctions with nicety; discerning; perspicacious: a discriminating interpreter of events. 3. having excellent taste or judgment: a discriminating interior designer. 4. differential, as a tariff. 5. possessing distinctive features; capable of being differentiated; discriminative.

So yes, if we wanted to be technical, I am discriminating you. I am saying that you are very much so different than I am. I am saying that I am better than you. I explained why however. You were talking trash about how you helped defeat MH, I explained that A.) You accomplished nothing but losing a village in the war, and B.) That there are many circumstances that obviously led to the collapse of MH. Claiming that SPQR accomplished their victory solely through the "mass-conquering" of MH is silly.

Where did I make stupid insults? I stated that you're hardly a good player, as evidenced by your lack of villages and troops. I made no "stupid" insults. In fact, I backed up all of my statements with quantifiable evidence to back it up. Therefore, do tell me how I am being hypocritical? It's not like I said "You suck because I say so". I said that you didn't contribute to your tribe's success, and that your tribe's success is hardly a profound victory. I cited likely reasons as per why, and what gives me that opinion. You clearly disagree.

Right, yet I have the troops to back up my claims. What's more, I have the gall to use them to make myself more troops. I don't need tact, as I don't frankly care what you think. You can get however riled up you want. I quite frankly, don't care. Ironic that you lot claim your entire goal is to simply "get me riled up". Yet you're the one taking "offense" to something that little Discord, some helplessly "insulting hypocrite" says. Who is the one riled up? I haven't called anyone names. I've merely stated facts, and given my opinion on them.

Now... Lets have a math lesson.
Your ODT: 335095
My ODT: 541319

541319-335095 = 206224...

that's a 200,000 ODT point difference. That's just a little bit more than "almost the same". The very fact that you are using this as a means to strengthen your argument (or to substitute in place of an argument) shows your grasp of the game. ODD does not show any skill whatsoever. Okay, scratch that. It shows your ability to stack a village. It is even easier to get ODD with three villages, because you only have 3 possible targets to defend. So it is very easy to simply defend them all. ODA means you are actively defeating people. It means that you are actively nobling people. It means that you are accomplishing this game's main goal: To conquer villages. Now, if you are comparing a player with 20 villages to one with 3 villages (I won't even factor in the fact that I myself started almost a month after the rest of the world) you will say that the one with 20 villages is a greater asset. The reasoning is simple. The absolute most troops you could possibly have is less than 72,000 farm space. A player with 20 villages can have over 480,000 farm space. That's almost 7 times the troops. Do I need to explain more? You can't say that because you have a higher ODD you're a better defender. I can guarantee you that is not the case. If you don't believe me, then you'll have to wait and see, won't you? Quite simply, I have attacked and nobled many of my threats before they thought to attack me first.

You're right, in game achievements don't mean you have a right to talk. But they do mean you have a right to be listened to. Being a semi decent player is usually a prerequisite for credibility. How can one possibly take you seriously when you go spouting nonsense on the forums if you barely know how to play the game yourself? How is it your place to criticize people who actually managed to noble one of your villages? That was (and is) my point.

Oh dear god, you have the audacity to say that I am wrong? I dare you to ask any player how has any clue whatsoever how to play the game. Or ask Russki, Reduaram, delacroix, and numerous others in the top 20 for ODD how much fun it is to get ODD.

You did, when you tried to convince me that you were a better player because you've been attacked and stacked more times than I have... :icon_neutral: In other words, bragging about your mad ODD skills.

DeletedUser

WARNING: EPIC LONG POST IS LONG AND EPIC:

Now, I don't often like to rip into silly posts, but I guess I'm bored from Biology Coursework. I guess you could say the geek inside of me is just screaming to be let out too but ahh well.

I hate to stop you while your scrambling for that moral high-ground, but I'm wearing my mean hat today. Wow, discriminating? Please tell me you said that as a joke. Sure, Willo may take your opinion for nothing more than an uneducated view but you're not exactly proving to anyone that you really understand some pretty basic concepts. My personal favourite was the "High ODD = Good at defending" quote, that one was golden. If I was anymore of a geek, I would have compiled a list of these illogical remarks and saved them for a rainy day when I was feeling especially sad. Other people making fools of themselves makes me smile inside you see. I digress. Willo is not "discriminating" you, he's put it quite bluntly, he doesn't take your opinion as of the same calibre as most other peoples. You must admit he has a point too, surely he's been doing something right that clearly you have not. Don't get piped up about it, just run along and show the public that you are as good as you claim.

I kept your quote of Willo's here, well, just for grins I suppose at how ridiculous this is. For starters, Willo was pointing out, well, facts. Your accounts participation probably counted for squat during this war. Is it an insult? Hmm, maybe it has certain digs in it, but it's pretty relevant to matters in game, (in game being the key words of that sentence). See, our dear Philleas was insulting Willo by trying to portray Willo as nothing more than a little geek sat at a computer 24/7, whose life revolves around nothing more than Tribal wars, cheese burgers and going to the toilet, in that order respectively. Whether this is true or not, it's not relevant to Willo as a player in game, or Jungle as a tribe (relevant was the key word in this sentence)

DISCLAIMER:

Willo is not a little geek sat at a computer 24/7, whose life evolves around nothing more than Tribal wars, cheese burgers and going to the toilet, in that order respectively. Infact, he's quite the athlete and performer.

i also noticed you tried to make a rather pointless insut at me expressing my views on the forum. if anyones been smack talking, its you, discord. i have not yet insulted you or anyone in this whole topic, while you have made these annoying and pathetic (admitedly rather amusing) comments about people without considering once maybe a little bit of tact would go a long way.

If you believe he's been insulting you, report the it to the mod and see if he has the same mentality as yourself. Describing you thus far as being nothing more than of a nuisance to him is not an insult, at least not in my eyes - I guess I'm not such a tender soul. If you try bait him with little to no credibility, your gonna get the horns.

As a small little lesson, your ODD means diddly squat. I'm guessing you are not "better at defence" than Willo, and even if you were, your ODD does not state this at all. To be fair, his ODA does not suggest clearly that he's better at attacking than yourself. The impression that his ODA gives however is that he is more efficient than you, and he's actually nobling and attacking players. If your confused at this point, please refer back to the point about you counting for squat in the war, this part sort of interlinks with that.

Now, lets resume with your "impressive" ODD:

image.php

Here we can clearly see that your ODD increased five-fold when the war started, amirite? So let's carry on with your presumption that you must be a better defender than Willo because you've killed more troops on your own walls. Now, With 4 crappy villages, I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark and say not all of those troops were your own, infact, I doubt that most of them were yours. Now, let me guess, your thinking "Oooh, good oppurtunity to say that what's wrong with teamwork?" Ahh, well, let me counter that now while I have the tolerance.
Sure, gratz, SPQR are probably the best team workers we have seen on UK3 so far. If I had a hat, I would tip it off to you ever so sincerely. What you may have forgotten is that you claimed to be a better defender. Where, oh where does the logic of you being a better defender because you got attacked when you had support from your tribe. I'll give you a clue, it's no where. There is no logic behind that.
Lastly on this point, ODD is a funny old thing. For it to be gained, you have to have been attacked. You have obviously been in a position where you have been attacked more, where you have had the opportunity to gain much more ODD. On this basis, your cases are incomparable in terms of ODD, your point is moot, it was never gonna be a good one in the first please.

If you are still not willing to accept my last point, feel free. But then you must agree with this:
Conquers: 4 (+3-1) <- - - thats you!
Conquers: 26 (+23-3) < - - - thats Willo!

You = 1/4 x 100 = 25% gratz, 25% of your total conquers have been losses.
Willo = 3/26 x 100 = 11% Wow, less than half of your percentage.

On the basis, I say statistically, Willo is more than twice as good as you at defending.

Now, back on with the serious debate here, what does it matter that you have 4 3 villages when debating. Of course, you are correct, it means diddly squat. You have your right to an opinion and your right to an opinion as does everybody else, and no-one can say anything different. Remember that son when ever they tell you different. Chin up.
However, what you have failed to recognise, that this game, like most other things in life, is very dependent on knowledge of the game. What Willo was trying to express is, that by your current stats, we can interpret that you are not as good as Willo. Now where does this fit into debate terms? Well, let me come up with an analogy:

You are a GCSE Biology student arguing with the Richard Dawkins about the mechanisms of evolution.

250px-Richard_Dawkins_(2009).jpg
< - - - Don't argue with him, you will look like a fool.

Wow, you got me riled up. Just as riled up as Nick Griffin, Gilean Mckeith and "Sports scientists". The fact is, I like proving people wrong. So cheers!

Borat-Gives-Thesis-Theme-2-Thumbs-Up.jpg

Yerg Shmersh.