.net World 1 Vets

DeletedUser

Just wondering how many here have played or are still playing in world 1 on the .net?

Well, you do know not everyone that played W1 are even good. Maybe fairly nice, but not all of them are good. I've knew a few guys who can't snipe OR dodge and they played W1.

/Dev

DeletedUser

World 1 was a cakewalk compared to today's worlds. Some people didn't farm at all the whole time and were top 10.

DeletedUser

World 1 was a cakewalk compared to today's worlds. Some people didn't farm at all the whole time and were top 10.

*sighs*

The good old days: farming and scripts were non-existant or a closely guarded secrets, same second trains never happened, activity wasn't necessary to do well...I WANT IT BACK!!!NAO!!! :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

I wouldn't really called it a cakewalk. After Beta closed and W1 opened it was spammed by a bunch of German players who did control the top ranks during the early staged of W1. (N-Less, T-Less etc) But agreed that farming wasn't as popular nor were scripts outside of the tribe TW (Tribal War) who ironically were banned several times over for the use of quick bar scripts which were later allowed. :icon_rolleyes:
Though the diversity of skill has changed a lot over the years and more and more players are gaining advanced knowledge of the games mechanics.

As for same second noble trains, utterly unheard of.
In my opionion, the early stages of .Net W1 - W8 were my most enjoyable time I spent playing, players were like friends, and wars were awesome and not about who has the best internet connection. Good times, good times. :/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

*sighs*

The good old days: farming and scripts were non-existant or a closely guarded secrets, same second trains never happened, activity wasn't necessary to do well...I WANT IT BACK!!!NAO!!! :icon_cry:

I wouldn't really called it a cakewalk. After Beta closed and W1 opened it was spammed by a bunch of German players who did control the top ranks during the early staged of W1. (N-Less, T-Less etc) But agreed that farming wasn't as popular nor were scripts outside of the tribe TW (Tribal War) who ironically were banned several times over for the use of quick bar scripts which were later allowed. :icon_rolleyes:
Though the diversity of skill has changed a lot over the years and more and more players are gaining advanced knowledge of the games mechanics.

As for same second noble trains, utterly unheard of.
In my opionion, the early stages of .Net W1 - W8 were my most enjoyable time I spent playing, players were like friends, and wars were awesome and not about who has the best internet connection. Good times, good times. :/

I concur, definitely was a point where I enjoyed logging in.

DeletedUser

I think Venom is still about on .Net he played during Beta. I still remember being pretty annoyed when we had the vote in the forum for it being closed and world one opening as we all lost everything! :(

Remember these!
unit_snob.png

unit_spy.png

unit_light.png

unit_heavy.png

unit_catapult.png

unit_ram.png

unit_axe.png

unit_sword.png

unit_spear.png

I still remember Turkish players complaining about abandoned villages being called "Barbarian villages", Oh and Juggernaut is from Bangladesh too. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

I think Venom is still about on .Net he played during Beta. I still remember being pretty annoyed when we had the vote in the forum for it being closed and world one opening as we all lost everything! :(

Remember these!
unit_snob.png

unit_spy.png

unit_light.png

unit_heavy.png

unit_catapult.png

unit_ram.png

unit_axe.png

unit_sword.png

unit_spear.png

I still remember Turkish players complaining about abandoned villages being called "Barbarian villages", Oh and Juggernaut is from Bangladesh too. :icon_razz:
Those haven't been gone too long.

DeletedUser

Now the story of bean is a very funny one, one to whuch he claims a different story to a number of people I have spoken to claim.

DDR was well known for having some of ZP’s (after they imploded following Amazon Jim’s departure) best attacking players. ZP was the elite of the Paladin family.

DDR were one of 10 tribes in discussion about forming an ultra-alliance against TW, who had recently dispatched Death and Robac with ease. DDR was led by Bean who was the biggest player in k74 and the plan was to use DDR,SL+NP in the 70 continents and Smurfs,NP and whoever else in the northern 20’s continents to launch huge offensive at TW’s still active core.

The war promised to be epic but would come with obvious sacrifices, the leaders and biggest players knew TW would target them rather than go for the traditional tactic of taking weaker players, TW had always preferred to take the head off a tribe instead.

After the ten tribes agreeing to put current wars to rest in one weeks time (NP+Smurfs were at war as were DDR and WL I think), DDR suddenly disbanded overnight. Bean claiming he had spoken to his council overnight and that they made the decision that he didn’t want to lead and in 30 minutes no-one had come forward to accept leadership and he had therefore disbanded. This led to utter confusion as the tribe scurried to try and resurrect the alliance and try and co-ordinate what had happened to DDR. TW then declared that any EX-DDR players were enemies of TW leading to a number of DDR players getting mass-zerged followed by a number of players just quitting realising we had lost our only chance to take on TW.

The Alliance got back together one week later and decided to hastily declare war on TW (now re-named TV) before any further losses were made.

During the 6 months I led the NP war in the south, in an op combining SL / BUM and NP players we took several large players down before going all out and taking down the biggest in the continent ….. Bean, who was quickly beaten (despite him claiming he had already quit, despite us receiving mails from players showing he’d asked for support).

The rest is history…..

Cald
I remember world two having tons of familys. I never played it as busy on w1 but they introduced the tribe cap after tw on world one with there super tribes. So all of tw just made several divisions of themselves all across the map. Heh, TW invented the concept of family tribes you could say :)

DeletedUser9876

Now the story of bean is a very funny one, one to whuch he claims a different story to a number of people I have spoken to claim.

DDR was well known for having some of ZP’s (after they imploded following Amazon Jim’s departure) best attacking players. ZP was the elite of the Paladin family.

DDR were one of 10 tribes in discussion about forming an ultra-alliance against TW, who had recently dispatched Death and Robac with ease. DDR was led by Bean who was the biggest player in k74 and the plan was to use DDR,SL+NP in the 70 continents and Smurfs,NP and whoever else in the northern 20’s continents to launch huge offensive at TW’s still active core.

The war promised to be epic but would come with obvious sacrifices, the leaders and biggest players knew TW would target them rather than go for the traditional tactic of taking weaker players, TW had always preferred to take the head off a tribe instead.

After the ten tribes agreeing to put current wars to rest in one weeks time (NP+Smurfs were at war as were DDR and WL I think), DDR suddenly disbanded overnight. Bean claiming he had spoken to his council overnight and that they made the decision that he didn’t want to lead and in 30 minutes no-one had come forward to accept leadership and he had therefore disbanded. This led to utter confusion as the tribe scurried to try and resurrect the alliance and try and co-ordinate what had happened to DDR. TW then declared that any EX-DDR players were enemies of TW leading to a number of DDR players getting mass-zerged followed by a number of players just quitting realising we had lost our only chance to take on TW.

The Alliance got back together one week later and decided to hastily declare war on TW (now re-named TV) before any further losses were made.

During the 6 months I led the NP war in the south, in an op combining SL / BUM and NP players we took several large players down before going all out and taking down the biggest in the continent ….. Bean, who was quickly beaten (despite him claiming he had already quit, despite us receiving mails from players showing he’d asked for support).

The rest is history…..

Cald

I was also in W1 of .net. But I left that world because of studying. However, I remember being a part of DDR (Otherwise known as Death Dealers Raging). A few people from DDR started up a tribe called MIB, in which I also joined after the break up of DDR =)