OH no, The world changes again!

• Thread starter DeletedUser2154
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Oh no......another anti-W1N alliance forms.....thats 457865 already and 457864 that have failed......wonder which way this will go?

Shame I am so far from the LEGION fight.......would love to have given you all a slap ;)

DeletedUser5175

Oh no......another anti-W1N alliance forms.....

I'm noticing some poor attempts at disinformation from W1N already :icon_rolleyes: wouldn't be so bad if you put more effort into the disinformation

W1N choose to drop there diplomacy with LRAG, your leaders choose to drop diplomacy and begin aggression after the cooling of period arranged - and respect to them for holding to that part of the agreement and doing it honestly ~ they didn't have to after all.

An anti W1N alliance has not been formed rather events have been imposed on the tribe you had diplomacy with causing them to seek alternative ways forward (for better or worse). This is in no way a pro-active anti W1N alliance it is more a defensive re action to events imposed on the tribe you chose to drop diplomacy with.

Let me give you an allegory from history Germany had diplomatic arrangements with Russia for large periods of World War II notably the Molotov - Ribbentrop pact. When this arrangement was dropped - less honourably and with no notice period. Russia was forced into seeking partnership with Germany's other enemies the Allied states. - States they held no particular love for at the time. This partnership became the only viable option for the Soviet leadership. They came to an agreement to co-operate with the other states at war with their new enemies.

Both LRAG and Russia did not seek the termination of diplomacy rather it was imposed upon them.

So in summary W1N shouldn't complain that tribes are working in conjunction against them when they themselves caused these events to occur.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just because diplomacy was dropped with LRAG did not mean LRAG had to jump into bed with the nearest tribe to form an Anti-W1N alliance......I think certain influences within the 2 tribes pushed for the formation of LEGION as a last ditch desperate attempt to create a W1N beating alliance....thats the information that matters sunshine ;)

DeletedUser5175

Ever hear the phrase "my enemies enemy is my friend"? poppet

DeletedUser4479

Do yea think LRAG could fight 2 wars with W1N and keep the pressure on ORC. I think not but we will never know.
Fair play to them they stopped 1 war so they can focus on the Number 1 tribe which could wipe them from the game.

DeletedUser717

- Forming an alliance against a common enemy? Sure.
- Forming a family against a common enemy? Rather not.
- Formin a family with a tribe that has proven its incompetence repeatedly, not the least by ill-advised mergers (TR)? No way.

DeletedUser1942

Stutzy, throwing a little strop their because W1N didn't get their own way?

Haha - i just find it humerous really!! ORC are a failing tribe, LRAG were doing ok - but cant handle the pressure of a few wars together. Thats why W1N are rank 1 for most things, and LRAG are rank 6/7 ;)

i was around when LRAG was in K23 WOW i check stats and 6th now well done i thought u lot where done back then when u had 3 tribes eating u lol.

good luck to both sides should be fun, although i hope LRAG kick some W1N woop woop.

also surly u big guys in W1N short on nobles by now hahahaha cheaper nobles u lot hoping for, only way u gunna destroy LRAG and ORC now.

Hahaha!!! Theres not a lot to shout about if you were in LRAG when they dominated K23. Back then they had this silly family tribe, and it was part of the reason they were easily kicked from K23. Also, back then - wasnt it ORC who turned on there alliance with LRAG, once they saw they were all washed up?

In true Dubby style - "desperate times, call for desperate measures - as the saying goes" ;)

DeletedUser

I do find it interesting that W1N feel the need to mock or criticise their enemys. It says to me that you are insecure with your capabilities in dealing with the new threats. If you were sure of yourselves, surely you would welcome the challenge regardless of how graceful and honourably the enemy has acted.

War is war, it is never pretty, in life and in TW, so why is it expected everyone should stand honourable alone against the odds and die gracefully to W1N? Just smells like arrogance and fear to me.

As the number 1 tribe you should always be expecting every single tribe below you to ally against you. That is the nature of things, the weak ally against the strong, survival. Don't be surprised by it, it happens everywhere.

DeletedUser8782

You got to feel sorry for LRAG though, now they have to go against arguably W1N's most active and aggresive team of players, the northern team, its not like ORC are causing them any trouble or will do in the future, so they will just continue to eat ORC and then plow through LRAG

DeletedUser1942

I do find it interesting that W1N feel the need to mock or criticise their enemys. It says to me that you are insecure with your capabilities in dealing with the new threats.

Oh dear! Maybe the need is there to mock, as there is a good reason to. Its already been said - LRAG to W1N are "just another enemy".
As the number 1 tribe, we are definitely secure with our capabilities, a certain element of mocking is fun though.

so why is it expected everyone should stand honourable alone against the odds and die gracefully to W1N? Just smells like arrogance and fear to me.

Arrogance AND fear! lol
What have W1N got to be fearful of? nowt. In my opinion only 2 tribes in world 1 can cause W1N problems - and guess what, Neither are in the LEGION!

DeletedUser

I like the fact you didn't defend the arrogance part :D fair play

DeletedUser

Isn't that also part of the war machine, RFletch? Propoganda, mind games, perception of the wider world are all common tactics and are pretty effective.

As for mock and criticise, that's the case for a lot of players in this world, not just W1N. At the end of the day it's all bravado and opinion and if some take it more personally than others, well it's to their detriment.

Adversely I find that all W1N players get generalised as being bold, brash and arrogant which isn't the case.

I regularly hear the line "it's only a game, W1N take it too seriously". Kind of goes against the fact a considerable amount of ORC players immediately block or react badly to an innocent, playful ingame message purely on the basis it's W1N. Bit precious, really.

To your point about alliances and NAPs against a common enemy. Yeah, certainly, it's always to be expected but some are more surprising than others and different players will react in different ways.

My respect for ORC isn't particularly high but I respect some of their players. My experience with LRAG is pretty similar but outdated from the last time I enjoyed a lot of success against them in K23.

Either way, Fattaff deserves a lot of credit for re-spawning a solid tribe and doing well in the ORC war. The conjecture as to why they would merge with a tribe they were enjoying success against is clearly outweighed by the fact both councils obviously perceive W1N to be a much larger threat to their existence.

One thing I do find funny though is the number of players who took about W1N's "fear" and "panic" and baiting on the forums with negligible noble records.

But I guess to my earlier point, talking the talk is all part of the game.

DeletedUser

yea I agree, some people give arrogance a bad name :p It's not necessarily a bad thing, as long as you are able to remain openminded and keep good perspective.

DeletedUser

I love the irony of the "bold, brash and arrogant" comment coming after a Stutzy post.

Oh well :)

DeletedUser

Isn't that also part of the war machine, RFletch? Propoganda, mind games, perception of the wider world are all common tactics and are pretty effective.

yea I understand that, I've just never been one much for it (bit hypocritcal of me considering the post I just made lol), I generally rather people prove themselves, or at least use facts in their arguments, don't like to see senseless insults etc, but as you said, it has it's place, each to their own I guess.

DeletedUser1942

It's not necessarily a bad thing, as long as you are able to remain openminded and keep good perspective.

And also, the arrogance needs to be backed up in game - its all well and good talking about things, but you got to be able to do it. :)

DeletedUser

As for mock and criticise, that's the case for a lot of players in this world, not just W1N. At the end of the day it's all bravado and opinion and if some take it more personally than others, well it's to their detriment.

I agree with you entirely wholeheartedly regarding the effectiveness of mind games and propaganda; for example, we have already established that Colser is susceptible to a gentle baiting.

Adversely I find that all W1N players get generalised as being bold, brash and arrogant which isn't the case.

Similarly, I find that W1N tend to generalise every non-W1N member as being a distinctly average player that are permanently scared of W1N turning on them, which also is not the case - morale is high in LRAG, and we are looking forward to testing ourselves against the rank 1 tribe.

I regularly hear the line "it's only a game, W1N take it too seriously". Kind of goes against the fact a considerable amount of ORC players immediately block or react badly to an innocent, playful ingame message purely on the basis it's W1N. Bit precious, really.

Given that W1N have 114,000,000 points more than their closest rivals, I believe it is decidedly obvious that members of W1N take W1 seriously in a sense of time commitment. As you have pointed out though, we cannot attach generalised personalities to every member of a tribe - some enjoy banter back and forth with one's rivals, whereas others do not.

To your point about alliances and NAPs against a common enemy. Yeah, certainly, it's always to be expected but some are more surprising than others and different players will react in different ways.

My respect for ORC isn't particularly high but I respect some of their players. My experience with LRAG is pretty similar but outdated from the last time I enjoyed a lot of success against them in K23.

Either way, Fattaff deserves a lot of credit for re-spawning a solid tribe and doing well in the ORC war. The conjecture as to why they would merge with a tribe they were enjoying success against is clearly outweighed by the fact both councils obviously perceive W1N to be a much larger threat to their existence.

Alas, I have not had the pleasure of dealing much with ORC on my first stint on W1, so my statement may very well be incorrect, but with World 1 being in its end-game stage, I would suspect that ORC consist of relatively experienced players by now, and with this combined with LRAG who have had to rebuild from stratch, I believe this will be something of a challenge.

One thing I do find funny though is the number of players who took about W1N's "fear" and "panic" and baiting on the forums with negligible noble records.

But I guess to my earlier point, talking the talk is all part of the game.

Regarding the 'fear and panic', I personally would not think W1N would fear this turn of events, but considering Codwasnevergood felt the need to make PnP on this information, rather than let W1N prepare behind the scenes and let either LRAG or ORC make the announcement on the publics, it does hint that W1N felt a need to try and disrupt the move, rather than allow us to organise this move and fight to the best of our abilities.

Kilroy

DeletedUser717

Regarding the 'fear and panic', I personally would not think W1N would fear this turn of events, but considering Stutzy felt the need to make PnP on this information, rather than let W1N prepare behind the scenes and let either LRAG or ORC make the announcement on the publics, it does hint that W1N felt a need to try and disrupt the move, rather than allow us to organise this move and fight to the best of our abilities.
It was cody who wrote the original post, not Stutzy. And I'm pretty sure that any post here that is not made by Luke is inofficial and the poster's personal opinion.

Personally, I think it's got less to do with fear or strategy and all with the need for some fun, these forums having been dead boring for weeks ;)