OK I'm Stuck, Kinda...

DeletedUser

Right, so I'm new. Obviously so. Seen an advert, thought it looked interesting, signed up, even paid 2 bucks for a months membership, and....

I'm sitting here staring at the screen, every 2 hours I click BUILD. But other than that, I see zilch else I can do.

Is it a case that I just login once per day for a week and click Build on something until I actually have enough things to start participating in some way?

DeletedUser

lol , yeah pretty much , it will take a while before you get to be attacking and defending , don't worry within 2-3 months it will consume you and you will long for the days of just clicking build

DeletedUser

The game starts up very slowly and until you start pumping out loads of troops and attacking people around you, there isnt much to do

it gets MUCH better though. Just keep at it and you will see soon enough :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Welcome to the world of browser games :icon_wink:

While waiting, these forums are a great place to kill time get to know the other players as well as keeping track of what going on in this world.
OT recommends something else but we won't get into that :p

DeletedUser

Rightho, just making sure I was not missing anything! I'll keep at it with the Building then :)

DeletedUser

I recommend you find tribe (if you don't have one already), if it's active you should enjoy using their forums. It shouldn't be too long before you get some troops and start farming, get a statue and a paladin ASAP and then you're off.

DeletedUser

Yes, because building = points.

Remember this, points wins, not troops :icon_wink:

Why not try to actually help a newcomer?

My suggestion is too keep building your army aswell, you will need it more thna those buildings in the end. Once you play for a while you will acquire more villages, and join a good tribe (hopefully) and will war other tribes, thus you will get the true meaning of Tribal Wars. This is what makes the game fun, these forums will also keep you interested as they have good setup and good people with whom to talk too.

DeletedUser

Hokey, well I'm trying to be balanced. Build, make troops, build, make troops. It's just so slow! Nvm, I'll get there.

Tribes question: It says I need to be invited to join a tribe so how do I go about joining one without an invite?

@ Arsaces

Make up you mind, points or taking heads, which is it? ; - )

General question: There seems to be several hundred static villages around me, can I build up then take em over? If so why do I need a tribe? Can I not just have a tonne of villages and wipe everyone out? :p

I'm sure I'll get with the program, feeling very novicey atm though...

DeletedUser

Oh, I forgot to say. Thanks for all the replies. The forum seems pretty friendly (something you do not find often on forums!)

DeletedUser

General question: There seems to be several hundred static villages around me, can I build up then take em over? If so why do I need a tribe? Can I not just have a tonne of villages and wipe everyone out? :p

I'm sure I'll get with the program, feeling very novicey atm though...
Eventually you will build an academy where you will train noblemen. Using these special troops you can take ownership of other players villages.

As for why do you need a tribe. At this point, there isn't much of a point to being in a tribe if you know what you're doing besides to make the game more enjoyable. In your case, if you join a decent tribe they can help you and teach you. Later it will become impossible to play solo and "get a tonne of village and wipe everyone out." :icon_wink: Without a tribe to back you up, some other tribe will take advantage and "rim" you (take all your villages).

I'm actually surprised at how nicely people are answering here. There really isn't that much to know about this game and I'd give you a month before you know all the most advanced strategies.

DeletedUser

I find you can grow faster by setting alarms for when you can build your next building. Or for sending out troops to haul resources from villages. The early stages are where you aim to get a lead on those around you. Then you destroy them with your army, and eventually take control of their village(s).

Welcome to TW

DeletedUser

Not so sure about the alarms, i'm not gaining enough timber etc to worry too much about speed atm but fully agree with doing raids on my surrounding villages. I would have done already but they are all under beginner protection..

DeletedUser904

Not so sure about the alarms, i'm not gaining enough timber etc to worry too much about speed atm but fully agree with doing raids on my surrounding villages. I would have done already but they are all under beginner protection..

Look for any barb villages around you, i was farming BVs 2 hours away during beginner protection just to get a little extra haul.

You should also know that you don't want to attack the higher point villages, as some have walls and troops.

A rule of thumb is anything over 100 you can expect has a baracks and troops. Anything over 150 expect to find a wall. Attack small players at first, then slowly move onto the bigger players

DeletedUser

Some people during startup have a very irregular sleep schedule due to setting alarms. My suggestion is not to, this will really ruin your life, and make you hate tribalwars. Wait until you really need to do this, I have found that I want to quit after doing that :p

Really if you have any questions keep them here or mail me, I know some things, after all I am a genius.

DeletedUser

Sorry to tell you mate. But Tribalwars is easily the worst thing ever created. It has no point, no life value, and you don't even get to see a battle... but it is addicting and consumes your life and eventually, it will be all you want to do.. damn game, I love you so <3

DeletedUser

Sorry to tell you mate. But Tribalwars is easily the worst thing ever created. It has no point, no life value, and you don't even get to see a battle... but it is addicting and consumes your life and eventually, it will be all you want to do.. damn game, I love you so <3

Mmmhm, TW is an addictive game, for reasons that are beyond me.

Basically OP, Farm with sp/pally at start, until you get either swords or axe's, which than you can split farming party up, to farm more. Than when you get Light cavalary, your in for better hauls in less time xD

Troops > Points.

Tribes are an advantage in this game (and the fact this game is called tribalwars) but when chooseing a tribe, make sure tis a decent one, not one that is going to hinder your growth rather than teach you more of this game.

DeletedUser

Some people during startup have a very irregular sleep schedule due to setting alarms. My suggestion is not to, this will really ruin your life, and make you hate tribalwars. Wait until you really need to do this, I have found that I want to quit after doing that :p

Really if you have any questions keep them here or mail me, I know some things, after all I am a genius.
I work on the pc all day, i just check the time that i can build next, and set my alarm. I don't wake myself up in the middle of the night, thats just crazy!