OK I'm Stuck, Kinda...

DeletedUser

Right, so I'm new. Obviously so. Seen an advert, thought it looked interesting, signed up, even paid 2 bucks for a months membership, and....

I'm sitting here staring at the screen, every 2 hours I click BUILD. But other than that, I see zilch else I can do.

Is it a case that I just login once per day for a week and click Build on something until I actually have enough things to start participating in some way?

LOL that is exactly how I felt when I started playing this game.
Stick at it and it will all fall into place. :icon_wink:

<3

DeletedUser

Right, so I'm new. Obviously so. Seen an advert, thought it looked interesting, signed up, even paid 2 bucks for a months membership, and....

I'm sitting here staring at the screen, every 2 hours I click BUILD. But other than that, I see zilch else I can do.

Is it a case that I just login once per day for a week and click Build on something until I actually have enough things to start participating in some way?
play speed :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

...@ Arsaces

Make up you mind, points or taking heads, which is it? ; - )

My first post was in jest, take heads if you want to have fun :icon_wink:

Nice to see a new player taking such an interest in the game.

DeletedUser

My first post was in jest, take heads if you want to have fun :icon_wink:

I gotchya, no worries ;-)

Still twiddling my thumbs a lot but seems to be starting to build up a bit. A few more days of screen staring and I'm sure something magical will happen : - D

Cheers

DeletedUser

Look for any barb villages around you, i was farming BVs 2 hours away during beginner protection just to get a little extra haul.

You should also know that you don't want to attack the higher point villages, as some have walls and troops.

A rule of thumb is anything over 100 you can expect has a baracks and troops. Anything over 150 expect to find a wall. Attack small players at first, then slowly move onto the bigger players

lol

69 points and I'm building my barracks :)

DeletedUser

I think, for a good startup you should use the time to read all those Help-files you can find inGame and some tut's and discussions here in the Forum and in the Wiki on TW.net.

Step by step you'll learn, what's good, what's bad. ;-)

DeletedUser

I mean overall. Starting with the mines is a lot more profitable

DeletedUser

Generally.

I tend to get my barracks built and then work on mines.

Can't take too long overall, I only joined up a few hours ago.

DeletedUser

Zzzzz

Seems to be coming along quite nicely, not exactly action packed and plenty time to go through the help files, but have a wall and a statue now which, hmmm. Are there and looking pretty as can be.

I expect someone will attack me at some point which may liven things up a bit. What if i'm in bed when they attack? Not really sure how that works, not made it that far along in the help files yet. Maybe my 4 spear guys will take it upon themselves to wage war against anyone trying to steal my wood, if so I hope there is a video playback option of them kicking butt.

Good thing is, my mines are starting to churn out the goods. Bad thing is, everything is more expensive now. -_- Still, it's nice to wake up the next day and be able to click build 3 times. Clicking build in the morning makes up for the previous 23.58 hours of doing nothing.

Still - A smithy tomorrow, exciting stuff. : - )

DeletedUser

I'm getting worried. Although my click build plan seems to be going fine, the dead villages around me seem to be slowly building up or being taken over. It can only be a matter of time before I get attacked.

And I've still not read the warring manual.

I can only hope my wall holds up when it comes, and my hole is big enough to fit my men.

DeletedUser

If you stop worrying about someone coming to get you, and go out to get them, you stand a much better chance of success.

DeletedUser282

build a palidin if you haven't already, farm the barbarian villages around you whilst building spear , when beginer protection ends farm the people without any OD and below about 80 points , continue farming, build to about 50 spear and a palidin, build your timber and clay to about 10 each, and iron up to like 6/7 make sure that whenever you are offline that when you come back your resources won't be maxed out, if you are pretty inactive high warehouse level is helpful

build your hq to 10, barracks to 5 and smithy to 5, then you can build a stable, build this to level 3, you then need to research light cavalry this requires 2200 timber 2400 clay and 2000 iron (this is quite a lot so it may take quite a while) once you have researched light cavalry you should build lots, and farm everything you can without taking loses (inactives and barbarians) now research axe, your first goal is to make it that you are ALWAYS building light cavalry and you are ALWAYS building axe, once this is accomplished you can continue building your wood, clay and iron up.

whilst you are farming, building axe, building light cavalry (lc) you want to be building your wood, clay and iron up, if you have followed this so far you will have about 10 timber 10 clay 7 iron, i will show this as 10/10/7 (timber/clay/iron) you will want to raise your iron up to about 12 first as light cavalry cost a lot of iron, you then want to increase wood and iron pretty much 1 after the other untill you have about 16/10/18 as clay isn't need very much, now at this point your hq queue should be almost always full, so you will want to be upping hq soon, this costs quite a lot of clay so now in my opinion you should raise your clay to 14 then raise your hq as high as you can without the queue there stoping

note - as you are a beginner don't build barracks or stable above 5 for barracks and 3 for stable for now as i think they would make it so that your queues aren't constantly running.

at this point your troops should be pretty good so you should start to kill everything in your 15x15 and farm them, this should actually be done earlier when you get to about 200 lc and 300 axe.

once you have raised your hq up a bit, your mines should be 16/14/18 build your smithy to 10 build a workshop research rams and start building them. Then you want to raise them to about 22/20/24 (this will take a long time so don't panic) whilst doing this you want to be building up your hq enough so stuff builds faster but your queue still goes consantly. At this point you should build your smithy to 12 and research cats and build some of them as well. at this point if you are doing quite well you now you will want to build up your clay again as you are nearly at nobles and clay is needed for them, build your resources to about 25/25/25 before raising your hq to 20 (if its not already) then your smithy to 20. then build your market to 10 and build an academy, now coins cost quite a lot so whilst you are minting coins and building nobles you should build up your wall as it builds slows and is quite cheap so is easy build coins and nobles at the same time, the closer your noble target is the less nbles you should build at the start, f they are quite far away build a whole train, if they are in your 7x7 1 noble may be enough.

whenever you are online and you have troops at home you should send them out farming

- if you can get any account sitter that knows what they are doing for a bit while you are offline (every little helps) then that will make you do lots better, if you get skype and add gargareth i will probably be happy to whenever i can as you seem a generally nice and quite intelligent person.
- get skype (plus add gargareth and he will help)

-NOTE- very brief not very thought through guide so don't flame me for it.

DeletedUser

I'm bored so I thought I'd respond.

I'm probably just echoing other responces but find a decent tribe, if you're willing to learn more 'Elite' or 'Veteran' tribes will take you on board.

And Use FF and Opera, not IE or any other browser :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

@ Gargareth

Excellent advice thanks - well on my way to getting there now and starting to liven up a lot :) No tribe yet though but will get there soon I imagine.

1q. I am sending my troops out to raid nearby villages which is bringing me lots of loot, but not sure how I send troops to farm. By farming do you mean raiding or what?

@ TeaAndCrumpets

I use FF - however not sure how using IE would affect it unless somewhere down the line something major happens with the graphics : - ) As for Opera, I prefer IE!

DeletedUser282

He's a newb. He can't survive on offense only

if he builds some defence it wont be enough to be able to defend against a decent attack and his off and thus farming ability will be smaller, as a newb he should making maximum use of that farming ability as because he is a newb he will more than likely do it less affectivly.

@warpigs
farming = sending troops out to attack with the purpose of getting resources to build your village/troops up higher.

P.S. - warpigs respond to your private message (PM)

Last edited by a moderator: