OK I'm Stuck, Kinda...

DeletedUser

I use FF - however not sure how using IE would affect it unless somewhere down the line something major happens with the graphics : - ) As for Opera, I prefer IE!
Opera is the best browser for tribal wars as there are some techniques you'll learn latter that are just easiest to do on Opera and you will get better results.
if he builds some defence it wont be enough to be able to defend against a decent attack and his off and thus farming ability will be smaller, as a newb he should making maximum use of that farming ability as because he is a newb he will more than likely do it less affectivly.
This.
Offense is the only way to go. LC (light cavalry) are just way overpowered in the beginning with their carrying capacity and speed that going all defense just isn't possible (if your trying to keep up with the offensive people).

DeletedUser

there is one way to counter and offensive player, build ur wall and hiding placfe up, and keep ur warehouse below the hiding place, keep building troops, and no matter what the offensive player won't earn anything from attacking u.

this really bugs me cause a player near me is doing it, and it dosen't matter if i clear him, cause i won't get any resources from it.

DeletedUser

there is one way to counter and offensive player, build ur wall and hiding placfe up, and keep ur warehouse below the hiding place, keep building troops, and no matter what the offensive player won't earn anything from attacking u.

this really bugs me cause a player near me is doing it, and it dosen't matter if i clear him, cause i won't get any resources from it.
I'd still farm him til he quit :)
That is where cats come in useful, if u destroy his village, he will quit.

DeletedUser

Cat his none resource producing buildings to the ground and chances are the mines will end up higher than otherwise.

It's a good tactic to do this to all barbs in your 7x7 as well.

DeletedUser

Cat his none resource producing buildings to the ground and chances are the mines will end up higher than otherwise.

It's a good tactic to do this to all barbs in your 7x7 as well.
It's a terrible idea. The resources will be higher than the rest of the buildings, not because the resources grow faster/more, but becayse the other buildings are simply lower. In the end you'll realise that the resource buildings will take longer to build and it ends lower than they would.

DeletedUser

You shouldn't start "pruning" the barbs near you with cats until they've stopped growing. If you start catting your barbs earlier there is a greater chance that they will que up the buildings you just catted and overall, it will take longer.

DeletedUser1189

I wish my barbs would grow never mind catting them. With a bit of growing they will get bigger than a lot of my neighbours at this pace :*(

DeletedUser1189

Hehe, thats more cheque mate to someone who is gonna defend to the end. Impossible to farm as if they can demolish buildings with there hq once the warehouse is gone and hiding place max there dead and gone :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

Good luck mate, you will need to find someone to help you learn how to play.

Best player for me is Purple Predator/Kinda Scary

However i suspect he gets loads of mails asking him to help them. You could try sending a very polite mail to him asking for help, if he is in a good mood he might help you

If that does not work, contact some of the players who either posted here, or who are doing well about maybe helping you laern

But the golden rule is be nice and polite, otherwise you definitly will be ignored

DeletedUser

Good luck mate, you will need to find someone to help you learn how to play.

Best player for me is Purple Predator/Kinda Scary

However i suspect he gets loads of mails asking him to help them. You could try sending a very polite mail to him asking for help, if he is in a good mood he might help you

If that does not work, contact some of the players who either posted here, or who are doing well about maybe helping you laern

But the golden rule is be nice and polite, otherwise you definitly will be ignored
PP is leading a teaching tribe. I'm not sure about how selective he is though as there is only 5 players in his tribe. I thought about applying and I still might. :icon_redface:

His tribe profile (the tribe is called Scary)
We are Scary

Do you want to be Scary too?

We can teach you!

Apply for a learning position with Kinda Scary

I am not playing this world but will teach.

I am looking for experienced tribes to share our forum with.

The best way for new players to learn is to immerse them in a pool of experienced players.

DeletedUser

Yeah i knew, i was just confused by the fact that it only had four members

i think he is helping out other tribes, guess he might help out this guy if warpig is nice to him

DeletedUser

Yeah i knew, i was just confused by the fact that it only had four members

i think he is helping out other tribes, guess he might help out this guy if warpig is nice to him
If you played .net you might have heard of a tribe called "Center."
The pretty much had one section of their forum that they packed with their knowledge and guides. From there they shared that forum with any tribe that asked. Everyone had access to this storehouse of knowledge and could ask questions which would be answered by the experienced players in the tribe. I'm pretty sure PP's tribe is the same concept.

One thing I can't stand in this game is players who have an ego so big they refuse to help new players, especially players like warpigs and a few others on these forums who are obviously quick learners and willing as well. They will become decent players.

DeletedUser

teh beaver i heard of them, they were on 37 for a bit-PP helped out there

and i also agree about big egos.

I completely believe in the ignore unless nicely written, but if they have taken the time to ask for help, they should get some

DeletedUser

I completely believe in the ignore unless nicely written, but if they have taken the time to ask for help, they should get some
I'm not doing well enough to have people mail me asking for help :lol:

I was thinking about making a teaching tribe or something but of course I never actually got around to doing that. Unlike a lot of the top players, I'm more than happy to help and personally, I would rather spend my time on these forums than in-game being a top player.

DeletedUser

Holly poo batman... ;-)

Startin to sound like it gets a lil complicated soonish. I'm doing OK i think, I can see I am probably not being as efficient as would be good but that will come with practise. Building and plundering as fast as I can and there is no one for miles around likely to be beating the poo out of me yet so early days me thinks.

Need to learn a few tricks i think, "History" is good for revolving the vilages that you plunder but it only holds ten, fav's doesnt rotate so it's worse than useless.... If history did the last 20 now that would be awesome :)

Well, onwards and upwords; will get to catapults etc sometime i'm sure. Just now pleased to have a horse or ten :)

Edit: oh yeah, horses. Now they are the biz. Back and forth at record speed and twice the load, Luv em : - ) Wish I had checked speeds and loads etc to begin with as I went with swordsmen over spears grrr

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The game starts up very slowly and until you start pumping out loads of troops and attacking people around you, there isnt much to do

it gets MUCH better though. Just keep at it and you will see soon enough :icon_razz:

Its the reason why the forums gain most of the best posters.

DeletedUser

Need to learn a few tricks i think, "History" is good for revolving the vilages that you plunder but it only holds ten, fav's doesnt rotate so it's worse than useless.... If history did the last 20 now that would be awesome :)
Do you use a premium account? If so, we can explain notebook farming to you :)

DeletedUser

or scripts, i prefer them, though yet to lose one on this world

Teh beaver i like you like to help people, but really a teaching tribe for me would be to much, unless ran by someone else effectivly

DeletedUser

or scripts, i prefer them, though yet to lose one on this world

Teh beaver i like you like to help people, but really a teaching tribe for me would be to much, unless ran by someone else effectivly
I've never used a script in my life. Besides the free premium you get at different stages of start-up, I don't use premium. If I ever play TW seriously again I will pay for it because after 300k or so minting coins are recruiting troops becomes a nightmare. tbh, I mostly play for these forums :icon_wink:

As for helping people, I'll do what I can to raise the competition in TW. I find it amazing that on .net a world can fill up with 50k people in a day or two and yet you still find the same players consistently in the top 20 (or at least top 50). I'm not trying to discredit anyone...they're amazing players and I know I can't keep up with them without a co-player but you'd think you might find some new players up there as well and I think they can make it if they're willing to be taught.

Before I get to off-topic, the tactic I was most hesitant about sharing is bookmark farming. I know a few players who wouldn't be too happy about me "revealing their secret" but now someone posted a whole guide for me :icon_razz: