Reputation.

• Thread starter Final Countdown
  • Start date

DeletedUser

<3

Much love to you! You put me onto the first page of Reppage xD

And the rep system on .net was pretty epic. I was on -(large number) for repeatedly messaging HT with totally useless messages :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

[th]Most of the things already have been said:

• One needs admin rights to browser through the logs to find out, who gave whom what kind of reputation and added which comment. (This is needed for i. e. finding insulting comments.)
  • At the moment a lot of reps are being given, which still aren't counting due to the repping member didn't met the reputation's system requirements yet. (Those won't be published to prevent abuse.)
  • That said, some people are at the top right now with only few postings, because probably an admin gave them positive reputation for excellent posts. Admins' rep power is a little stronger (standard of the forums' system) at the start, this will change over time in favour to often positively repped members.
  • There is not and will not be any manipulation to the rep system by the admins. .net's veterans may remember, how this would affect the system. :icon_wink:

[/th]

I know most of the prerequisites :0

DeletedUser

Ok....What is green rep, and what is gray, and red?

Im guessing red is bad, and green is good, but someone left me a comment saying i like your post, yadda yadda +rep, but i got a gray thing. What's that mean?

DeletedUser

Im guessing red is bad, and green is good, but someone left me a comment saying i like your post, yadda yadda +rep, but i got a gray thing. What's that mean?
They don't meet the requirements to give you rep. Read above if you wish to find out that no one will tell you the pre-requisites ¬.¬

DeletedUser

Grey means they *Edited out due to request*

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
i like it, but it was better when mods had like 1Billion rep, and when they upped you it was epic...in .net i was top 3 in rep cuz hightower lurved me :icon_razz:

but seriously lets not go through it again

When the mods up you here it's minorly epic ;) Thargoran repping me gave me 10 rep points instead of the usual 1 :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

When the mods up you here it's minorly epic ;) Thargoran repping me gave me 10 rep points instead of the usual 1 :icon_confused:

So thats how you got ahead of me >.>

Edit: And how the one person got into red so quickly

DeletedUser

[th]Yes, Admin's repping power is higher than from normal members. But I have a lot of +reps already, which added some power too. :icon_wink:[/th]

DeletedUser

[th]Yes, Admin's repping power is higher than from normal members. But I have a lot of +reps already, which added some power too. :icon_wink:[/th]

Not fair :p

I keep getting negative repped for making the guide about night bonuses >.>

DeletedUser

And I keep getting negative reps for nothing at all, here are the reasons:
</3
cuz ur sig says so
your annoying as hell
Whatever it is, nowhere near as annoying as you

Is any of this fair? Can we please have rep mods, please?

DeletedUser

</3
cuz ur sig says so
your annoying as hell

[th]The rules are pretty much clear in one point:
Personal insults are not allowed anywhere in this forum or in any ‘other’ private format.
So if you see some personal insults or any inappropriate contents, feel free to complain (send me a mail or a support ticket). I'll take care of it. But as long as one has more (ingame and forum) enemies than sensible postings, the reputation will go down. :icon_wink:
[/th]

DeletedUser

Holy, and as they get repped more this increases? Admins will constantly get both + and - repped (probably more +), so this could become a big game of 'rep me please thar and tracey' :lol:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
</3
cuz ur sig says so
your annoying as hell

I have a neg rep with </3 as the text as well. I think someone just neg repped several people and commented with </3.

DeletedUser

[th]So if you see some personal insults or any inappropriate contents, feel free to complain (send me a mail or a support ticket). I'll take care of it. But as long as one has more (ingame and forum) enemies than sensible postings, the reputation will go down. :icon_wink:
[/th]
Okay, I shall be mailing you about two of those as they are personal insults. The other two, even though they have nothing to do with my post, will stand, correct? If this is so, the rules might need to be changed...

EDIT: One of those has disappeared but the negative points still stand (as I have had 2 greys added to me that were supposed to be greens), does that just mean you only see the last 5 times you were + or - repped?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

[th]Yes, you'll only see the latest five reps, but all ever given reps are still counting. If you complain for some inappropriate contents in your reputations, don't worry if you cannot see them anymore - I can still search for them in the logfiles.

Again yes, only inappropriate terms will be handled. One cannot warn/infract for biased opinions. How should rules be set-up? "The abuse of the reputation system is forbidden?" - well, how should I argue with an appeal like "I found the posting really boring/annoying/useless!"? There's no possibility to exclude personal, subjective opinions in a reputation system.

Also: I won't touch the reputation system, even if someone insulted another member heavily. But the insulting member will receive a severe punishment.[/th]