Revenge of the Faithless

DeletedUser

I aint gonna quote anyone particularly just put my opinions into it. I will flame both MS and FATE for his recruitment. Fate knew that morning start was gonna be a hard target to defeat or perhaps they enjoyed their fighting - I am not certain. But as soon as they saw Sherlock Holmes being taken down, they wanted straight away to not fight MS - they thought this would take too long, as he is a pretty good player and would be a pain in the ass (apologise for my language). MS knowing this will also be a tedious and boring fight decided to join sides instead of wasting his time. And of course he has nice POINTS and thats what everybody cares about.
Actually you got it wrong there, apart from the fact that ms is a largely offensive player and thus not so hard a target as he may have seemed, a LOT more happened behind the scenes in =FATE= with the recruitment of ms than you may think. But that stuff is for us to know and not to be shared here on the externals.

DeletedUser

Woah, you two should write a book!

MS is a good player IMO. And he doesn't do all this ego crap like you two, so I give him more respect then Smile? and Battleaxe...

This ego rubbish won't get you anywhere. It only makes you look like a complete nob to other people, and it'll get you absolutely nowhere in RL...

And what crap do I do exactly?

You mean like crapping on tribe mates/friendships or something? Please explain with examples if you would be so kind, as it appears your taking a shot at me for Adellion/mrlucaboys posts oh and for thinking MS is out of line for running away.

Just so you're aware I considered MS a friend, have spoken to him every day for 6 months 1hr before he left we where talking support and me sitting for him to deal with his attacks, so when you have a little more life experience you might understand why I am disappointed with his course of action.

The response I received from my dear friend was, "had a bad day at the office" really makes you wonder why you bother, Adellion is right, I don't think MS is a great player, but I don't think I am a great player either and nor do I rate many players in top 20, but I play to fight, for myself and my tribe, winning or losing doesn't really bother me, its how I win or how I loose. In my opinion MS just lost, he may maintain his rank, his villas, but he has done so by surrendering to his enemy, because he could not stand and fight them, the only time i believe that is acceptable is when your tribe has been beaten, otherwise its cowardice of the player.

You have your opinion I have mine, who cares if there not the same. Although I doubt you would respect someone in your tribe running out on you, joining WETLUV, you would still consider them a friend? or a traitor? I doubt you'll answer, but we both know which it would be.

Oh and I can also confirm I am 5 years happily married, and pretty comfortable in RL, so don't really think I need any tips at this point thank you very much.

DeletedUser

Matt if you are so loyal to your friends, why don't you help them out a little, or is it because you want their villages?

Pfft - of course I want your villages; you're my enemy. I understand you're my friend but in this world we are enemies. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I'm bored so may aswell

If I had said "Bi!" you would've posted a petty response along the lines of "Where is Bi! now?" etc. I think its safe to say that Bi! were clearly the more formidable compared to =FATE=, as proven by the sheer immortality of some of Bi!'s players compared to =FATE=, whom all were targets (*cough*Rev*cough*your finest*cough*).

ade seriously you knew rev was being sat by another as he was on holiday.

as for bi! defeating =FATE= if that were true we would not be at war with +PEST- come on accept it sooner or later we would have marched over you, even with our other wars you did not stand a chance regardless of how excellent you believed your individuals to be the fact is we understood the simple concept *tribe*.

as to the recruitment of morning star, he is a good player couldn't care less if he farms alot, don't care if he is the greatest player to have ever lived. what we care about is is willingness to fight along with his *tribe* mates. now to give you an idea of how i see things i've always seen you and battleaxe as good player viewed bi! has having many good players but i've only ever been interested in 4 players that were ever in Bi!, you and battleaxe were never of interest.

I aint gonna quote anyone particularly just put my opinions into it. I will flame both MS and FATE for his recruitment. Fate knew that morning start was gonna be a hard target to defeat or perhaps they enjoyed their fighting - I am not certain. But as soon as they saw Sherlock Holmes being taken down, they wanted straight away to not fight MS - they thought this would take too long, as he is a pretty good player and would be a pain in the ass (apologise for my language). MS knowing this will also be a tedious and boring fight decided to join sides instead of wasting his time. And of course he has nice POINTS and thats what everybody cares about.
But here is a thing - you have never approached me for an invite or even chance to leave PEST, well actually you haven't even attacked me.. Matt if you are so loyal to your friends, why don't you help them out a little, or is it because you want their villages?
we will noble you soon enough,

[07/10/2010 17:59:02] !N.Y.K?: what about getting into the tribe itself?

no we do not want to recruit you, you are not of interest to us other than as a source for new villas.

no we do not prioritize points, we care more about how a player will function within the *tribe*.

war is good,
Talon

DeletedUser8195

@ Battleaxe
Sorry mate, please accept my apology; for some reason, I saw one of the above posts by Adellion with your name on it :S too much GCSE English! Lmao

I'm sorry to hear mate. I understand why this annoys you. But MS probably also plays to enjoy the game, and he won't enjoy it as much of he's that far. If I was in PEST, I'd have done the same (but I'd never get an invite... But hey! LOL)

@ Frank Lucas
Not putting MS down or anything, but since Jordan left the Sherlock account, it's been pretty average. It wouldn't have been a way of deciding whether he was a good player or not.

DeletedUser

Back on topic and we(PEST) seems to have turned things around in the last week, stats below:

Side 1:
Tribes: =FATE=
Side 2:
Tribes: +PEST-

Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers:

Side 1: 234
Side 2: 95
Difference: 139

chart

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 12
Side 2: 18
Difference: 6

chart

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1: 1,792,226
Side 2: 628,357
Difference: 1,163,869

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 94,473
Side 2: 149,055
Difference: 54,582

chart

I expect a well fought war between both tribes and one of the wars to see who dominates the world in the future.

DeletedUser

Total conquers:

Side 1: 234 FATE
Side 2: 95 Pest
Difference: 139 thats over 1,000,000 points difference in a week

turned it around??????
Seems more like we have been busy elsewhere. we do have a few wars going on you know we cant give everyone our love :). But dont worry we will get round to you guys eventually

DeletedUser

111 of them where conquers against yourself
45 of them where barbs

So as you said FATE have been busy elsewhere munching up those internalls and barbs

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Total conquers:

turned it around??????
Seems more like we have been busy elsewhere. we do have a few wars going on you know we cant give everyone our love :). But dont worry we will get round to you guys eventually

Can you read? Or maybe pay more attention?

It says Total Conquers - 234 vs 95

that's not against each other. You are the bigger tribe, nobling barbs and internals
What really matters is 14 - 8 we have against you ;)

DeletedUser

lol what matters is growth. Who cares if u have taken 14 villas what has that gained u ???. You took 14 villas well done we still grew by 1,000,000 points. Thats 100 extra nukes we can send at you in the future when we decide its worth while.

DeletedUser

Total conquers:

turned it around??????

Only love your sharing is with yourselves with all those internals and barbs you munch noble a real target will you.

111 of them where conquers against yourself
45 of them where barbs

So as you said FATE have been busy elsewhere munching up those internalls and barbs

Yes craig look at it 111 internalls in 1week :icon_eek:

lol what matters is growth. Who cares if u have taken 14 villas what has that gained u ???. You took 14 villas well done we still grew by 1,000,000 points. Thats 100 extra nukes we can send at you in the future when we decide its worth while.

you did not grow by an extra 1mil points as you noble villages(points) within your own tribe so theirfore not growing

DeletedUser

234 - 156 = 78 near enough to 100 for me not to be bothered and since the 5th of oct i did i quick head count of pest losses to fate are 18 ??? not 8 but i might be wrong just cant be bothered to look into it further. To me neither side has made any inroads worth mentioning but hay ho if it makes u guys feel better call it what u want

DeletedUser

We only mentioned that we'd "turned things around" for the week, as before we were behind. Each sides going to hold an op, then go slightly ahead at varying points.

Its obvious this war will be a long and slow one, most likely it'll stay fairly even for the majority of it.

DeletedUser

lol that might be where i was confused then i didnt think we were "in front" lol as we havent done anything apart from mopped up a few villa in OUR K ;)

DeletedUser

we will noble you soon enough,

[07/10/2010 17:59:02] !N.Y.K?: what about getting into the tribe itself?

no we do not want to recruit you, you are not of interest to us other than as a source for new villas.

no we do not prioritize points, we care more about how a player will function within the *tribe*.

war is good,
Talon

I really did laugh hard at this :D So how MS was gonna function well in the tribe? And Sherlock Holmes - you posed me no threat whilst i was on that account, you nobled it as soon as it went inactive. Now you want to noble me because I am singled out ?

DeletedUser

MS has been a very positive addition to =FATE=

why wouldn't we noble SH if it's inactive? even W A R started taking some of the villas

We want to noble you...maybe because we're at war with +PEST- and thus it makes sense to want your villas?

DeletedUser

Cowardice is a pathetic personality aspect. Anyone guilty of it is pathetic and inferior to those who stand and fight. Anyone from former-Bi! guilty of cowardice be warned; you are desecrating the vows of late-Bi! and such actions gain open disgust from myself. Clearly, those players unable to fight will run away in fright.

Vital was cannon fodder, Radarr, you were barb-nobling like a noob in my church radius when I was on Smile? please don't suggest you were anything more than food. Vital has no talent, what few talent there was decided to leave for other tribes, and clearly there is no point staying in a rubbish and thoroughly incompetent tribe.

I still question why on earth =FATE= decided to merge ALL of you into them, its like consuming rotten food; it will poison the body.

But anyone who is too cowardly to fight is pathetic, and yet proves another example that being a mass-farmer is not a gauge of skill and talent. Warrior over farmer anyday for me.

i thought you had quit adellion?... why even bother coming online?!!

anyways... since vital have joined they have been very good in =fate=. they are good players, not cannon fodder. so far they have put up a good fight on the frontlines and have brought strength from the west along with MS.

and if vital were crap... why have they not been rimmed. the only reason that they couldn't put up an amazing fight like =fate= is because they were so small in comparison with bi! etc.

remember everyone! don't under-estimate the little players, it has been proven on uk4 numerous times that the smaller tribes can put up a good fight and remain strong!

DeletedUser8195

What account do you play NYK?!?!

I thought you quit Sherlock!??!?

DeletedUser

i thought you had quit adellion?... why even bother coming online?!!

Read my leaving speech again, and listen PROPERLY to what I say about me quitting. I distinctly say I would maintain a mild forum presence. Ignorance. Stop being so deluded, it makes you look foolish. Even Radarr knew full well that I hadn't quit the forums. Please direct me to where I said I quit the TW forums. I think you'll find I never said anything of the sort.

And even if I somehow had said that, I can easily overrule myself. I could ask you the same question; why on earth are you on these forums? Go back offline!!! :p

anyways... since vital have joined they have been very good in =fate=. they are good players, not cannon fodder. so far they have put up a good fight on the frontlines and have brought strength from the west along with MS.

Stats don't lie, Vital suck. I waltzed through them and I didn't put any effort into them. They tried to OP me and I except for 2 full defence villages from Battleaxe, I needed no support whatsoever, despite the few hundred attacks that were sent at me... no timings, nukes after nobles, defence villages hitting me... so weak, so pathetic, so inferior... please, do not suggest Vital were any good. I saw the level of FAIL with my own eyes in those horrendous reports. Mixed villages? Nobling barbs? Pathetic.

and if vital were crap... why have they not been rimmed. the only reason that they couldn't put up an amazing fight like =fate= is because they were so small in comparison with bi! etc.

Vital could not be rimmed because they nobled barbs so much while we took their large 9k villas. For every 9k village we took off them, Vital would noble at least 5 1.5k barbs, making our targets multiply. However, we were still taking villages in greater numbers off Vital, so its clear to say that Bi! were victorious up until their destruction due to non-Vital related issues. As a result, Vital still are very inferior.

=FATE= are just too nice. Talon should've crushed the noobs in Vital and taken the best... its not like the noobs will amount to anything near a threat, so they can just be used as slaves to grow up barbs to a larger size for =FATE= to take at a later date. That tactic worked very well for me (on Smile?) when I allowed *BK* members to noble a few barbs near me, so that I could take them when they were 9k. Cannon fodder. Gotta love that stuff. ;)

remember everyone! don't under-estimate the little players, it has been proven on uk4 numerous times that the smaller tribes can put up a good fight and remain strong!

In theory, a fully loyal tribe is immortal. Tribes are never defeated until they either merge into another tribe, or their players run away in excessive defeat. Perfect loyalty means players never run away, they do not dishonour their name by merging, therefore they are undefeatable. They may possibly lose in the conquer stats. But that's not a defeat cause the battle isn't won.

Ofc, perfect loyalty is an impossible concept in TribalWars; there is always one noob that will run from his tribe or do something disloyal etc.

Red.

Btw, craig123, please try and familiarise yourself with TwStats statistic output before running your mouth, those comments of yours were rather embarassing for yourself.

=FATE= wouldn't have beaten Bi!, they'd hit a brick wall consisting of Smile? & BattleAxe, and we'd hold your entire tribe back, given our activity when we both played. I'm not being cocky, I just know what I can and cannot do, and I'm confident I could frustrate =FATE= indefinitely. As proven by the inability of =FATE= to actually hit Smile? until a few days after I had quit. Convenient.

And please don't give me BS about Rev being sat; perhaps I can accept he was being sat as clearly whoever was sitting him was an appalling defender and I know Rev can play better; however, as I acknowledge I had no idea he was inactive/sat at the time (remember, I was still seething at his boldness to internal Vital just to create a cluster near me, so I was eager to set an example of annoyances in my territory) I went into that OP against Rev fully assuming I'd lose several nukes and trains.

I don't really blame =FATE= for taking morning star in; any advantage, over +PEST- who are quite the resilient tribe (being the oldest, that is a fact), is an advantage best abused, no? No, I'm just astounded at morning star's lack of loyalty and patriotism towards his former Bi! members (let alone his steadfast allies in +PEST-) and his Grant-like mentality of caring only for himself. I have difficulty seeing the difference between these two men. Grant screwed over Bi! and morning star included; surely wouldn't any intelligent man not repeat the same mistakes as his former duke, in terms of loyalty?

I smell cowardice, fear of the enemy, and therefore, inferior gameplay. Weak. Those plunderers of the day don't make him a good player at all. His fear of the enemy lets him down. His focus on farming at the cost of warfare is weak. He has far more internals that many in ex-Bi!, even more than Smile? Smile? however, has the right to those internals; he had rank 1 ODA too, so he has fought, and fought the most in the world. BattleAxe has almost never taken an internal and its a fine account too.

I apologise if I portrayed BattleAxe as egotistical. He is not. He's a much more modest man than me. I am egotistical on the forums. People don't like it. I really don't care, its the persona I choose to adapt when posting text-based messages on the TW forum. It is my right; anyone who doesn't like it, either don't read my posts or the forum. Your choice. Live with it. You can block certain posters. I really don't care if people with obvious tunnel-vision block me. Though I'll miss the petty attempts to argue back with me.

Ego is permissable when you are clearly in a position to be egotistical (due to your superior skill compared to the majority of players). Its not necessary; its simply a choice some good players make to precisely wind up their enemies. By being irritated, you simply play into an ego's hand.

The only way to really "beat" an ego is to have a laugh and go along with it. Those who realise its a massive joke, tend to gain a great amusement when they are "in" on the joke. So try and be in it.

Alternatively, try and fight it, and a competent ego will always win with almost 100% accuracy. (Trust me, I know.)

Enjoy the lecture much? ;)

~Ad