Right to reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hi guys(mods)

while we appreciate the work you do to help in the enjoyment of this game.
I find it hard to believe that we have no right to reply, as when we touch a nerve or you get fed up with the comments YOU CLOSE THE FORUM...

These are our forums too and we pay(by prem points) to have our say..

Over the last few days a number of players from all tribes have been banned or suspended,
and while i/we understand rules are to be obeyed,maybe in the future we could be better informed by in game mail or outside forums of any and all changes to these rules.
And a full list of legal scripts be published,so we are all singing from the same song book,without the need for the carnage you have caused this week:icon_sad:

DeletedUser4479

Meh whats the point.
Load of old school have quit now cause of this. Sad day.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9607

You make once legal scripts illegal, then hammer players for having them on their toolbar.

Players who you can clearly see dont use them still get hammered for just having them in there. Are you trying to make players quit world 1 ? If so, well done. Some have quit.

We pay for a service and the service you are providing is pretty suspect Changing the rules to suit yourself then penalising players in the manor you do is somewhat of a dictatorship. You've shown no fairness that I can see in the way that you've handled these bans and punishments.

DeletedUser

I find it interesting that it was an in game mod who closed the last thread, particularly after a forum mod pointed out the difference between them i.e. forum mods handle the forums, and in game mods handle the game - and they shouldn't get mixed up by us. But if they're mixing up their responsibilities... how are we supposed to understand and work with the differences?

DeletedUser

Hi guys(mods)

while we appreciate the work you do to help in the enjoyment of this game.
I find it hard to believe that we have no right to reply, as when we touch a nerve or you get fed up with the comments YOU CLOSE THE FORUM...

These are our forums too and we pay(by prem points) to have our say..

Over the last few days a number of players from all tribes have been banned or suspended,
and while i/we understand rules are to be obeyed,maybe in the future we could be better informed by in game mail or outside forums of any and all changes to these rules.
And a full list of legal scripts be published,so we are all singing from the same song book,without the need for the carnage you have caused this week:icon_sad:

You do have a right to reply. As it has been said before there are ways you can contact support directly be it in game or in this forum. It is done like that for a number of reasons, the most important being player confidentiality.
There was no change in the rules regarding rally point scripts(interaction), they have never been legal, no rule change involved as far as that is concerned.
Drew has said that a review of the script forum will be undertaken.

You make once legal scripts illegal, then hammer players for having them on their toolbar.

Players who you can clearly see dont use them still get hammered for just having them in there. Are you trying to make players quit world 1 ? If so, well done. Some have quit.

We pay for a service and the service you are providing is pretty suspect Changing the rules to suit yourself then penalising players in the manor you do is somewhat of a dictatorship. You've shown no fairness that I can see in the way that you've handled these bans and punishments.

The rules have not been changed on Rally point scripts. This server was set up on that basis, ie. not allowing the use of Rally Point interaction.
You do pay for a service, but you are wrong in saying that the rules have been changed to suit.
I can not answer the fairness on bans and punishments, bar from my personal experiences, i have never had an issue with the way any of the matters i have had to deal with them have been handled. I am surprised to hear that they would not show fairness when, as i understand bans and punishments are handed out under set framework.(ingame correct me if i am wrong).

I find it interesting that it was an in game mod who closed the last thread, particularly after a forum mod pointed out the difference between them i.e. forum mods handle the forums, and in game mods handle the game - and they shouldn't get mixed up by us. But if they're mixing up their responsibilities... how are we supposed to understand and work with the differences?

I am glad you pointed this out. Reasons Drew has answered many of your questions is that they relate to a part of the game and forum that he is directly involved with. I think if you re read the entire thread you will see why he has answered. It is really incidental that Drew closed it instead of a forum mod, he has to the best of his ability (as we all have), answered your concerns directly regarding the so called messy or confusing forum and other issues. Many of the points that were being made were only repeating points already covered.

If you have any questions while he is working on the issues raised either use the support system or mail the mod you would like to ask. Until then that forum will remain closed to prevent further trolling.

DeletedUser

Dont want to be called a sceptic but i dont think we're getting anywhere with what the players are trying to get through to the mods/game staff,so i'll say this piece anyway.

It pretty much looks like cheap nobles are going to be introduced soon to world 1,and what more would a player who has nobles at half the cost like to do,take big juicy 9k barbs.

For you who dont know where this is going,well how many people have/or are going to be banned,thats a damn site load of villages up for grabs,so players happy at cheap nobles,players taking villages constantly,the world stops becoming stagneant for a while??

Could be my sceptical mind playing tricks (specially after watching the film JFk last night) but could this be a ploy to try and reignite a slightly dieing world?
Because come on,in the 2 years i've been here,there's never been a worldwide account check by the gaming staff,but yet as soon as cheap nobles are here,boom barbs galore??

Just a theory guys,but would love to know if anyone else shares it,or if i'm just watching too much X-Files :)

DeletedUser

Dont want to be called a sceptic but i dont think we're getting anywhere with what the players are trying to get through to the mods/game staff,so i'll say this piece anyway.

It pretty much looks like cheap nobles are going to be introduced soon to world 1,and what more would a player who has nobles at half the cost like to do,take big juicy 9k barbs.

For you who dont know where this is going,well how many people have/or are going to be banned,thats a damn site load of villages up for grabs,so players happy at cheap nobles,players taking villages constantly,the world stops becoming stagneant for a while??

Could be my sceptical mind playing tricks (specially after watching the film JFk last night) but could this be a ploy to try and reignite a slightly dieing world?
Because come on,in the 2 years i've been here,there's never been a worldwide account check by the gaming staff,but yet as soon as cheap nobles are here,boom barbs galore??

Just a theory guys,but would love to know if anyone else shares it,or if i'm just watching too much X-Files :)

Brady go back and read the entire thread form start to finish. Read all the responses and if you find any questions left unanswered, post them in bullet point form. I will do my best to answer or find answers for you.

Insinuating the account checks were done for no other reason than you maybe getting half price nobles or to liven up the world is wrong. Drew has already said that checks are only taken out if there is good reason to.

The debate on what to do, if/when the vote gets through, with your half price packets is probably better served in another thread.

DeletedUser

Insinuating the account checks were done for no other reason than you maybe getting half price nobles or to liven up the world is wrong. Drew has already said that checks are only taken out if there is good reason to.

Never been done in the 2 years i've been on.

Plus,why also was cody's goodbye thread closed? Maybe not wanting any other players following suit,cos less players would mean a drop in revenue :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

he has to the best of his ability (as we all have), answered your concerns directly regarding the so called messy or confusing forum

Sad that you cannot see that the forums are messy and confusing - I would say it was a fact not "so called"

like I said yesterday it is a time for action now and Drew said he would look into sorting the said forum and I will await the outcome

Originally Posted by DaOscar

Insinuating the account checks were done for no other reason than you maybe getting half price nobles or to liven up the world is wrong. Drew has already said that checks are only taken out if there is good reason to

Seeing the whole world was looked at - what was the reason for the sweep

Re the closer of the other threads

"The point is that the other thread was once again closed once the mods felt the issue had been dealt with, yet the community still feel that the message has not got through. You can not simply close a thread because it suits you and you do not wish to engage in conversation further. It just flares up again."

Think all have not yet had their right to reply or express their feelings re this situation

DeletedUser

Basically and quote me if i'm wrong,but probably most of this remaining world thinks the whole handling of this situation,and the heavy handed punishments are unjust.

It's not a way of forcing the in game staff to back down on their rules/regulations,it's just an acceptance that there's a problem/misunderstanding,and that it can be sorted out professionally and in the correct manner for all involved.

DeletedUser

I think it has been very heavy handed.

There should have a been a mail saying "Accounts will be inspected for illegal scripts on xxxx - remove any that are illegal. A list of legal scripts is found here yyyy - any other scripts should be considered illegal. This is the only time you will be given a warning, and accounts will be checked in the future. Punishment will be a minimum of 25% of points deducted".

Now what is so difficult with that for your paying customers?

DeletedUser

In my opinion Buch that wouldn't work as players could remove the scripts while the checks are happening,then replace once the checks are over.

DeletedUser

I think it has been very heavy handed.

There should have a been a mail saying "Accounts will be inspected for illegal scripts on xxxx - remove any that are illegal. A list of legal scripts is found here yyyy - any other scripts should be considered illegal. This is the only time you will be given a warning, and accounts will be checked in the future. Punishment will be a minimum of 25% of points deducted".

Now what is so difficult with that for your paying customers?

WOW how easy would that be to do... are you reading mods

DeletedUser

Drew has said that a review of the script forum will be undertaken.

And this is still the entire issue and a completly UNSATISFACTORY response.

Drew has stated a few days...... WHY??? It would take not more than an hr to update it all.

All the while "the mods" of any shape or form are dilly dallying doing what is in essence a 60 minute job, we are being referred too and potentially penalised for rules that are out dated.

How long has this forum been untidy and messy? Looking at the posts since v7.0 came out and that was definatelty not only in the past few days. And even now no one can actually be bothered to update it quickly to ensure customers are happy/not confused.

I'll be submitting a complaint later to Tracey about this and failing getting an acceptable response I will take this to Innogames themselves.

This has nothing to do with Rally point scripts which are clearly definded as illegal but simple admin tasks that arent being completed by the team who have volunteered to do it whom instead just wish to lock threads continuously without actually fixing the issue at hand despite being informed of it by the player base.

This whole thread again goes on about Customer service. Your here wheter paid or not as representatives for Innogames/TW and therefore should be providing a level of service towards your customers based on suggestions and comments.

Communication is the key.

DeletedUser

Sad that you cannot see that the forums are messy and confusing - I would say it was a fact not "so called"

like I said yesterday it is a time for action now and Drew said he would look into sorting the said forum and I will await the outcome

The messiness is a matter of opinion. If you and others think they are messy.... that is fine i respect your opinion but please at the same time respect mine. I am taking my time to reply to your questions and reply with as much information as I am allowed to give out. You have also restated that Drew will be looking into it. Can't say more than that.

Seeing the whole world was looked at - what was the reason for the sweep

I am not aware of why the checks were carried out although i suspect it has come from a ticket being put in. You are best to ask an ingame mod through the in game ticket system as to the reasons.

Re the closer of the other threads

"The point is that the other thread was once again closed once the mods felt the issue had been dealt with, yet the community still feel that the message has not got through. You can not simply close a thread because it suits you and you do not wish to engage in conversation further. It just flares up again."

Think all have not yet had their right to reply or express their feelings re this situation

I cant find the thread at the moment, link me to it. (Will edit in reply later)

I will say this about threads being closed though. Some are closed if the content is in breach of forum rules. Also sometimes items are better answered in a mail/in game system where more details poignant to the situation can be discussed.

DeletedUser

The messiness is a matter of opinion. If you and others think they are messy.... that is fine i respect your opinion but please at the same time respect mine.

Although this is a correct statement.

Please remember WE are the customer.

I expect you likely play on one of the other worlds, so yes you are a customer also. But in the same hand your also a representative and therefore SHOULD be taking into consideration the customers needs/concerns.

DeletedUser

Although this is a correct statement.

Please remember WE are the customer.

I expect you likely play on one of the other worlds, so yes you are a customer also. But in the same hand your also a representative and therefore SHOULD be taking into consideration the customers needs/concerns.

Yes you are right i do play on other worlds. Check my sig that is where I am.

A majority of your concerns have been answered to the best of our abilities, we have not stopped you from asking questions openly in this forum. I also suggested getting a bullet point list together and posting it. No one has taken me up on that offer as yet.

Unfortunately, and this is the point all of us have been trying to get across to you is, that most of these issues are best answered using the systems I and others have already mentioned. I have had one forum mail since this whole thing started a day or so ago. That alone speaks volumes to me.

I take this role seriously and this is why I am taking my own valuable time to reply to what I can.

DeletedUser

Okay here we go

1. The script forums up keep needs to be address ASAP - it is unacceptable to expect people to find the correct approved scripts, when this forum is in such a disarray.
This is confusing many players not just me.
2. People are unhappy with the customer service and how some of the Mods have replied to concerns
3. People are un happy re the punishments given out to many players yesterday in game
your answer a ticket must have been put in - what for the whole world unlikely
and I thought Drew was here to answer in game questions.
4. people are unhappy that threads have been closed or deleted - the cody goodbye thread for one and the one I started asking for help.
5. People I have spoken to and there are many wish to openly discuss problems on the forums without being silenced and told to take it away from public view to mail.
6. We wish the representative of this game, whether it be a MOD, community manager or developer of the game - to be open and honest with us, instead of the cloak and dagger and invasion of questions.

Am sure other will add to this list

DeletedUser

Does seem a bit odd the first entire world script check i have ever seen on W1. A few days before what looks like a 50% reduction in nobles....................
Did someone mention it might because someone put a ticket in saying what every tribe is using illegal scripts so ban everyone come on that's weak.
Have members not been complaining about people using dongles to play other accounts for ages Yet little has been done on that point. Anyway had my little say and will leave it at that.

DeletedUser

1. The script forums up keep needs to be address ASAP - it is unacceptable to expect people to find the correct approved scripts, when this forum is in such a disarray.
This is under process atm.

2. People are unhappy with the customer service and how some of the Mods have replied to concerns
If you are unhappy with a Moderator reply you can request that another Moderator review the issue, if you still not happy then you are still free to approach Inno Games customer care direct.

3. People are un happy re the punishments given out to many players yesterday in game
your answer a ticket must have been put in - what for the whole world unlikely

We cannot openly talk about tickets due to our privacy policy, but rest assured that we would not check accounts unless there was a reason too.

4. people are unhappy that threads have been closed or deleted - the cody goodbye thread for one and the one I started asking for help.
Sorry I am not a hands on forum moderator. I closed my last thread due to work needing doing and no real time to give answers to questions. But if I receive a PM or in-game ticket I am happy to give you a reply, just no time to read all the content of the forum and do what has been asked of me and my RL too. Hence thread temporary closed.

5. People I have spoken to and there are many wish to openly discuss problems on the forums without being silenced and told to take it away from public view to mail.
We can take and discuss generalities but not direct issues again this is a privacy policy issue.

6. We wish the representative of this game, whether it be a MOD, community manager or developer of the game - to be open and honest with us, instead of the cloak and dagger and invasion of questions.
This is a repeat question but as mentioned in 5. we can discuss gereralities here but details of infractions that are personal to player cannot be openly discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.