Right to reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

In my opinion Buch that wouldn't work as players could remove the scripts while the checks are happening,then replace once the checks are over.

Indeed, but the idea then is that there could be no arguing about any bans subsequently handed out.

DeletedUser

I am not aware of why the checks were carried out although i suspect it has come from a ticket being put in.
1. why would someone put at ticket in about scripts they can`t possibly know about ?
2. and why would people put tickets in about people using scripts that they are so obviously not using ?
Something is definitely wrong here on both accounts.

DeletedUser

1. why would someone put at ticket in about scripts they can`t possibly know about ?
2. and why would people put tickets in about people using scripts that they are so obviously not using ?
Something is definitely wrong here on both accounts.

From my understanding and personal experiences, tickets are put in all the time by players for various things that said players have concerns with.

DeletedUser

Seems to me like a ban is a pretty big punishment, but that is not decided by the mods (is it?). Otherwise, I think its hard to accidently have a unapproved script, regardless if you're using it. I dont find the script forum that bad either tbh. I can only see a genuine problem arising if someone gives you a script and then having to check it, but if you're accepting a script you should just ask whoever sent it to you if its legal, as in on the forum, and where it is.

Buch, you could say the first warning is in the rules and anyway I genuinally struggle to see how people end up with ilegal scripts without knowingly doing so :icon_confused: If you care enough to have scripts, surely you care enough to check they're legal.

my 2 pence

Edit: Dont flame please, I've been off TW for a month so I only know what I have read here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

None of us players know the specifics, but rally point scripts are being mentioned a lot so I'll throw something towards it. Why should players receive a warning at this stage of the game? Its has been awhile since the world closed and we have no new players on this world, so the excuse cannot be used 'we didn't know' or 'you didn't tell us'. Rally point scripts have always been banned. It does not matter whether you are unhappy with the punishments given out - it is up to the player to appeal if they must. Punishments aren't given out just so the mods can have some fun.

Next, why is there this gurning over having the right to speak because you're a paying customer? I thought that the mods have continually offered to take questions by mail or ticket. If the thread is repetitive and going in circles with no progress, then surely it should be closed before it becomes a spam fest. Oh, and I honestly doubt that Inno is going to miss several players because they don't agree with their policies.

Mods on this forum put up with a lot of rubbish and half the points circulating are just questions being asked in a different way. They are representitives of Innogames, but they are also people with imperfections and time constraints themselves. As said, if you have problems with mods then take it to the right place and not the forum, where you'll likely get an infraction and have more reason to cry. The forums are messy, but the basics are still there. People should actually pay attention and investigate the rules regarding the benefits that the game provides us premium players with rather than ignore them and declare it's the staffs fault because you couldn't find details through clutter.

DeletedUser

you couldn't find details through clutter.

I dont understand this? If you cant find the script in the approved list or otherwise approved why would someone have it? I'm genuinally curious as to the excuses people had for having the ilegal scripts.

This isn't aimed at you mp btw, just a general thing.

DeletedUser

I'm saying it is used as an excuse. There is a clear thread that lists approved scripts, and it doesn't matter if the rest of the forum is a clutter, it isn't.

DeletedUser

wonder how the players in your tribe who have suffered through this, feel about your support towards them

DeletedUser

Dear Drew,

I appreciate this may appear to be off topic but it is not. It is a necessary formality.

I hereby give notice that I waive the right of protection provided to me by the privacy policy in respect of recent exchanges between myself and Tracey and then Drew under the support ticket system.

Please acknowledge receipt and acceptance. It might be worth you reading and perhaps posting a copy or link to the privacy policy that you are referring to at this point.

Kind regards

Hannibal

DeletedUser

I still don't think that's legally binding mate, but worth a try.

DeletedUser

Well, as the 'thread that won't be closed' has been closed, I thought I would post my thoughts here. They have been posted in another forum, but judging by the replies to the original post in that thread, no one reads it.

If there are issues with which scripts are legal and which aren't, why aren't the most common and useful scripts - mass recruit, resource balancer, attack renamer, coin minter etc - all automatically placed in the tool bar for everyone, and all players have is the opportunity to edit the numbers. No other scripts are acceptable. No others can be added. All players have the same advantage of scripts. This would take away any problems with illegal scripts and allow the mods to have full control over what is in use?

Although, this might be seen as sensible, so will be instantly dismissed.

DeletedUser

Phantom - Well mate, I have to say there is just about none of that I agree with. Many experienced players know nothing about scripts, wouldn't know a rally point script from a knob of butter, and don't even know how to check whether their scripts are present on the approved list or not.

Swingeing punishments for people who do not wish to infringe, do not know they have infringed, and do not have the technical knowledge to find out - this is so grotesquely unjust that the whole community - er, other than you - are of one mind on the subject. It's not often that the representatives of LRAG, W1N, T4H and others all speak with one voice - perhaps you might guess there is something out of the usual going on when it happens.

DeletedUser

From my understanding and personal experiences, tickets are put in all the time by players for various things that said players have concerns with.
How can anyone have concerns with someone having a script that doesn`t even work ?
people will put in tickets for dongle usage as its known that it happens.
but no one will put in a ticket for the script in point because they couldn`t know that a player has it.
its impossible for them to know what scripts you have unless they themself are cheating and seeing your quickbar some how.
or are you trying to tell us that the ticket said "everyones using a bad script ,don`t know who but everyone is !" what a load of rubbish.
I hope you will now be asking the person who put the ticket in how they knew certain people had the wrong scripts on their quick bar. they could only know by cheating ! ( so that will be a 2 week ban with no loss of villas for them then !)

DeletedUser

I dare say that it can be fairly obvious if you are under attack by someone using an illegal script as .net allows various fake attack scripts, anyone versed in playing there can see them, therefore when they are used here it isn't hard to spot it.

Regardless this is just a continuation of a previously closed thread, the same mute points, the same countered arguments, the same moaning from the usual suspects, does anyone actually believe that public bemoaning of the moderation system will change anything? If so then you are somewhat deluded.

I stand by my original opinion, anyone who uses scripts outside of the 'approved script list' deserves what they get. Ignorance is no excuse, especially considering some of the people claiming ignorance are not in the least bit ignorant with regard to the rules but plead so in order to gain favour in some way.

DeletedUser

Sorry Berg - don't agree. Some people know nothing about javascript (and why should they?) and thus have no idea whether their scripts conform or do not - and have no way to find out.

To penalise them for this ignorance is unjust in the extreme. It is for the people managing this game to think of something better.

DeletedUser

And I'm sorry Taff but ignorance is no excuse, I provided the tribe with one of the most useful scripts around, granted I never expected anyone to understand it or check it's validity but it was legal, I appreciate the trust given to me but there are people using illegal scripts and to trust anyone handing out scripts without checking the legalities is just plain daft.

Ignorance is no excuse mate.

DeletedUser

Sorry Berg - don't agree. Some people know nothing about javascript (and why should they?) and thus have no idea whether their scripts conform or do not - and have no way to find out.

To penalise them for this ignorance is unjust in the extreme. It is for the people managing this game to think of something better.

I know nothing about javascript myself - yet I have done and will continue to follow closely what the situation is with regards to legal scripts. Scripts in themselves are not a part supplied by innogames - they are 3rd party, therefore there use must conform to the rule and it is up to the users to check the legality of them. There is plenty of warning given to players upon joining with links to the rules. There is also in-game rules link to the script forum. I did suggest to Tharg this idea - we have the introduction for the start up where it guides you through the basics - to this I would suggest adding a link specfic to the server region to the script rules - it could also have a box to tick and formally accept the script rules. If you don't accept them then it won't let you progress. With regards to the forum it is not that messy, it just requires a tidy up after the many 'mods' that have tried to wrestle with it leaving - the current ones seem helpful and were giving feedback to those asking questions.

If someone has a script that breaches the rally point rule as I believe the current script issue surrounds, then I would find it hard to believe they did not know it interacted in some way with the rally point - something any of the top tribe would know about - I banged on about the use of legal scripts and which forums to check if they were legal.

Yes the punishments I believe are harsh from what I have heard (good ol' rumour mill!), however they are in line with the normal bans/punishments handed out in TW on any regional server or .net - this is not a case of the .uk mods taking an ultra far right stance - they are just following a normal standardised procedure that is approved by innogames in a generalised manner.

I see a lot of people throwing around the 'ignorance card' here, some I know to be a lot more savvy about scripts than they are letting on here. The problem with playing the 'ignorance' card is how can you prove you are in fact ignorant to the application of a script and not just using it as a defence when you knew all too well your actions, it would be all to easy to use illegal scripts and then plead ignorance to their use to escape with a slap on the wrist? Maybe I am tad cynical about this but I stand by these views.

DeletedUser

I fail to see where you are getting that from Patsy - we are expressing our views as is our right to - was that not also another reason this thread was created?

As it is moderation and script rules does not solely concern w1 but all .uk worlds

DeletedUser

Yes... I agree that claims of ignorance are too easy. But on the other hand it is too easy to say "ignorance is no excuse". Why isn't genuine inability to understand whether a script is valid or not a perfectly good excuse? My point is that the entire principle of how it works is faulty. As soon as you have a system when people who know nothing of scripts have scripts on their quickbar there will be injustice unless Innogames themselves take steps to protect people from possessing scripts that are improper. It can be done. I have suggested one way myself, elsewhere. There are undoubtedly a number of other possible ways.

And one person I know of has been savagely punished for owning an "illegal" script that doesn't even work! He could not know if it touches the Rally point (it doesn't ) because he has never seen it function.

There are ways of making it impossible, rather than illegal, to own and operate an unapproved script. It is Innogames' responsibility to get that done, not the responsibility of players to learn javascript.

Oh, And I am not claiming ignorance for myself. I could check, but sometimes I trust the source - Berg for instance - so if I were caught with an unapproved script I would have no excuse but laziness. My argument is that if Innogames only want approved scripts on quickbars, well, they control the game engine - it would take very little code to make that happen without option. So it's down to them and nobody else.

We are on version 7 - that is a lot of opportunities to fix this fairly that they have spurned.

Status
Not open for further replies.