Right to reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

It is also Innogames' responsibility to take reasonable steps to protect players from inadvertent breaches of the rules - and many of the players stung did not know they had illegal scripts, and further did not know how to find out. If you have a script how (if you know no javascript) do you establish whether it is or is not essentially the same as one of those in the approved list? Ask somebody? I mailed a mod concerning an in-game topic and have had no reply a month later. Big help.

DeletedUser

If you have a script how (if you know no javascript) do you establish whether it is or is not essentially the same as one of those in the approved list?
Well to be honest I think the instant response to that is simple: Why have the script in the first place?

If you have a script that's not in the approved script thread, then don't use it, simple.

DeletedUser

Well smug, but not helpful. The way scripts are usually obtained is that someone goes on a Skype forum in-tribe and says "who has a script to..." whatever. Someone supplies one, it is ensconced in the quickbar and used. Let's sy the purpose is a valid one and has no relation to rally point. When receiving that script how does the new user of it establish whether or not it is an approved one? He or she has to check it against the approved list. How? Take my point?

And not using it doesn't save you. Some people had scripts that were faulty. They not only had not used them, they could not use them... and still they got swingeing penalties.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

cheaters geting banned, whats the problem?

The problem is that people who do not wish to infringe, did not know they were infringing, and had no practical way of finding out are not definable as "cheaters" in any sane person's lexicon. Equally, people with scripts they have not used and which do not work (I know of one such at least) would require a singularly eccentric - and possibly certifiable - mentality to adjudge them "cheaters". Thus your statement, even if true, is pretty thoroughly inapplicable to this situation.

In fact the statement itself is untrue. Many cheaters - particularly multi-accounters - never get banned at all, despite the staff's most fervent efforts. These people, who are not cheating at all, are getting banned. I think you scored about 0 out of 10 for that one.

DeletedUser

Well smug, but not helpful. The way scripts are usually obtained is that someone goes on a Skype forum in-tribe and says "who has a script to..." whatever. Someone supplies one, it is ensconced in the quickbar and used. Let's sy the purpose is a valid one and has no relation to rally point. When receiving that script how does the new user of it establish whether or not it is an approved one? He or she has to check it against the approved list. How? Take my point?
By Ctrl + F-ing the script page with a small portion of the script? That's what I'd do.
But again, simply, you shouldn't put scripts in your quickbar that aren't on the approved script list. The way you described can't be used as an excuse.

If in that instance, someone had said on skype in response: "Check on this thread http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14100 " or "Yeah there's one on this thread http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14100 " then there would be no problem. The scripts now have tags too so you can ctrl + f "troop counter" in that thread and it'd find you one.

@Your other point, if it's faulty why is it there? Not understanding why you'd have a broken script taking up space in your quickbar.

DeletedUser

By Ctrl + F-ing the script page with a small portion of the script? That's what I'd do.

Choose the wrong small portion and you are extremely likely to find a corresponding script - that does something quite different. Again, people who know no javascript are going to be far from confident. Worse, perhaps they did exactly that, found one (it was a different one), used their script with confidence and are then twice confounded when zapped with a couple of million points penalty for using an unauthorised script.

As for why there is a broken script on somebody's quickbar, I didn't ask, it not being any of my business. It was there and he had never used it. How and why is by the by.

DeletedUser

It is also Innogames' responsibility to take reasonable steps to protect players from inadvertent breaches of the rules - and many of the players stung did not know they had illegal scripts, and further did not know how to find out. If you have a script how (if you know no javascript) do you establish whether it is or is not essentially the same as one of those in the approved list? Ask somebody? I mailed a mod concerning an in-game topic and have had no reply a month later. Big help.

When Almost Easy's SRE script was removed from the approved list I submitted some SRE scripts I was given in the script forum and they told me if they where legal to use or not. It wasnt difficult.

DeletedUser

I think you will find that Tracey and co-workers did in fact take steps to help prevent breaches of the rules. In January/February it was announced on the forums (In-game role call for submittal of scripts was also sent). The process asked for scripts from original authors to sent to the script mods for approval. The scripts were then hosted as is shown in this part of the code 'http://ftp.innogames.net/~tracey/scripts/'. This was designed to prevent people using scripts that were not approved. That to me seems like some prevention method was being implemented. From this sprang the Approved Scripts thread - which contained all hosted scripts minus the troop one, which hasn't been moved over for some reason - albeit no one flagged it up until now - hopefully that will be rectified soon.

The bottom line is that Tracey and co-workers did attempt to implement a method to safe guard players from use of illegal scripts. Myself and many others were made aware of this from the time of its implementation - however many chose to ignore this and we have now seen the consequences of that.

The bottom line is there is an approved script section and a check to see if a script is legal - having that portion of the code showing it is a hosted script will mean it is 100% legal.

DeletedUser

Hey thunder you will get that job soon lol

To imply I harbour ambitions to become a mod is somewhat ludicrous, just because I take a view point contrary to yours does not give the right to belittle my views or statements in that manner. I supplied factual information in a constructive manner, neither of which your post contains.

Anyway seeing the way mods are treated, people that devote there own free time for no pay, I think anyone wishing to become a mod just now would have to be barking mad

DeletedUser

To imply I harbour ambitions to become a mod is somewhat ludicrous, just because I take a view point contrary to yours does not give the right to belittle my views or statements in that manner. I supplied factual information in a constructive manner, neither of which your post contains.

Anyway seeing the way mods are treated, people that devote there own free time for no pay, I think anyone wishing to become a mod just now would have to be barking mad

Thunder I was joking with ya

following our convo on skype last night - chill

DeletedUser

Yet another thread that seems to be spawing pointless arguments.

Mods, I implore you, please just mail the peeps moaning, answer their questions, and if they continue to post infract them, as enjoyable as the past two days has been it's getting a tad repetitive now.

Kind Regards
Everybody's Friend
Berg

DeletedUser

berg you really are the worst sort of troll. You jump onto threads that have nothing to do with you and which you know nothing at all about, you misquote and misread, misdirect and mistake.

These threads and points argued by some of the most respectable and knowledgeable people on this server have been produced and argued in their own time by people who can see past the end of their noses and look out for themselves but more for the benefit of the wider community. This is a mature discussion. If you are incapable of having such a discussion shut your mouth and read it so maybe one day you will be able to do that when you have an issue you want improved.

As to those that also assume too much, there was no use of so can be no cheating. There was obviously something considered to be rule breaking by those that need to cover up a lie but not to any profit or advantage. It is however rubbish to say the mods are approachable. I sent a pm to one on Friday night and he read it immediately but no response. I left a post to Drew, again no response. The ticket system is a joke if you consider that on the appeal process it clearly informs you that it will not be successful and whats worse it is manned by smug and arrogant children that cannot even type let alone open their minds and that was my experience. I invited the mods to make it open so everyone could judge. No response.

Frankly, I enjoy the game. The environment sucks and currently does not make up for it.

DeletedUser

berg you really are the worst sort of troll. You jump onto threads that have nothing to do with you and which you know nothing at all about, you misquote and misread, misdirect and mistake.

I think you'll find that this thread and the other ones about scripts affect everyone and not as you suggest just a hand full of respected players:icon_rolleyes: He and everyone else have as much right to post in this and any other thread as you do.

These threads and points argued by some of the most respectable and knowledgeable people on this server have been produced and argued in their own time by people who can see past the end of their noses and look out for themselves but more for the benefit of the wider community. This is a mature discussion. If you are incapable of having such a discussion shut your mouth and read it so maybe one day you will be able to do that when you have an issue you want improved.

You talk about mature discussion?
All youv'e done is whine like a 6 year old girl, and then tell people to 'shut there mouth' not very mature now is it?

As to those that also assume too much, there was no use of so can be no cheating. There was obviously something considered to be rule breaking by those that need to cover up a lie but not to any profit or advantage. It is however rubbish to say the mods are approachable. I sent a pm to one on Friday night and he read it immediately but no response. I left a post to Drew, again no response. The ticket system is a joke if you consider that on the appeal process it clearly informs you that it will not be successful and whats worse it is manned by smug and arrogant children that cannot even type let alone open their minds and that was my experience. I invited the mods to make it open so everyone could judge. No response.

Frankly, I enjoy the game. The environment sucks and currently does not make up for it.

I think you'll find Drew is very approachable as are most mod's(agreed some in the past have not been). But after this issue had arrisen I'm sure theres alot of ticket's/mails that the mod's have to look and read through, but your insisting that they read it straight away and then jump through hoops to put you and this issue at the top of the list...frankly I feel theres more important things for them to deal with, you know people with real problems? and not just people whining that people are getting punished for breaking the rules, and then for you to lash out accusing them of being children and not able to type(again not much of a mature disussion is it?) is quite disrespectful and childish( Hypocrite much ?) :icon_rolleyes:

No I can assure you the ticket system is not manned by 'children' like you say, fact- All Mod's have to be over the age of 21. So that would be impossible.

DeletedUser

I stand by everything I have posted. If you really believe you are helping with this attitude then there is no hope.

Someone told me once -

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

DeletedUser

I stand by everything I have posted. If you really believe you are helping with this attitude then there is no hope.

Someone told me once -

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

And so your own attitude of telling people to 'shut up' and then saying these threads have nothing to do with them is helping ?

You can't expect to post such absolute rubbish and then expect everyone just to sit back and agree with everything you say.

All youv done in your reply there is say ' I have no reply, so al just write random stuff', if you truly believe what you had written was right then you would defend what you say.

Yeah nice quote, so a guess that it was aimed directly to myself yes :), then prove me wrong in what I say and show me what parts are idiotic. As far as I can see your own post's are pretty dimwitted and quite selfish to say the least.

DeletedUser

you win meechan, whatever you say....... at least berg listened and took the comment. Shame for you that even when written at a 6 year olds level you still can't understand it.
now go find another thread to ruin.

DeletedUser

you win meechan, whatever you say....... at least berg listened and took the comment. Shame for you that even when written at a 6 year olds level you still can't understand it.
now go find another thread to ruin.

Well unfortunatly I am 5 not 6.

I take your comment, what else can I do with it. But I also replyed as I disagree with what you say.

Sure I can't understand it:icon_rolleyes:, is that why you couldn't rebuttal what I said......

DeletedUser

no problem with people disagreeing with me. This thread though was about the communities right to reply and the forum mods in game admin closing any thread they didn't like. If my input is genuinely viewed as whining then fair enough, but theres a point to make and I am not the only one that has made it.

To state simply, bearing in mind what the thread is about:-

"Mods, I implore you, please just mail the peeps moaning, answer their questions, and if they continue to post infract them, as enjoyable as the past two days has been it's getting a tad repetitive now"

Is This at all helpful ? although it does I suppose at least ask the mods to reply rather than ignore what does not suit them to answer. Pretty blatant breach of the forum rules though.

If you knew what it was all about you would perhaps understand. Not many know all the facts and I am prevented from giving clearer examples, by the rules. If i can't convince you then fair enough but I hope you'll understand what it is like to have your posts and threads deleted or closed one day. By the way who are you?

DeletedUser269

This threads life has come to a end, why? Because you have had your 3 days, to have your twist. Its now time for you to go through the proper channels to complain, And that is by private mails, or ingame reports if need be. Thankyou Jamie.

Status
Not open for further replies.