Skill Of UK3??

DeletedUser

Is it just me or does everyone else see not much competition for tribes out there. Let's just have a look at the rankings now.

1 Rumble 22.098 22.098 28 789 28789

2 Sabith 18.885 18.885 39 484 39484

3 PIRAT2 16.772 16.772 40 419 40419

4 K-K-T 16.264 16.264 39 417 39417

5 [ROME] 15.670 15.670 40 392 40392

6 ~*MH*~ 15.601 15.601 40 390 40390

7 PIRATE 15.288 15.288 36 425 36425

8 MAUI 15.097 15.097 39 387 39387

9 E=MC² 14.980 14.980 40 375 40375

10 Awsom 14.127 14.127 40 353 40353

11 RA 14.111 14.111 14 1.008 141.008

12 *BBD* 14.054 14.054 40 351 40351

13 NM ~ 1 13.744 13.744 40 344 40344

14 A.K 13.096 13.096 39 336 39336

15 CHESS 12.928 12.928 34 380 34380

16 ~SF3~ 12.864 12.864 38 339 38339

17 FSW 12.457 12.457 40 311 40311

18 Order 12.365 12.365 39 317 39317

19 N13K 12.266 12.266 39 315 39315

20 Psycho 12.014 12.014 40 300 40300

These tribes are ranked on the top 40 tribes. Usually low member tribes like Rumble and RA shouldn't be up here until nobles come out. Maybe Rumble should be just in the top 20 now but still. Do you guys think that the skill or competition has dropped even though it is attracting known members??

DeletedUser

dunno but i know that the 40 member limit is definitely a part or this result tribes that would have 80 plus members usually may have 50 ok an active players keeping them up there where every player here makes a difference and alot of tribes have players that jus dont make the cut

DeletedUser

It's just with such low member counts, I didn't think they would rise so early before an academy was even built yet.

DeletedUser

Just means that a lot of the skilled players in the world happen to be in a few tribes.

DeletedUser1508

It's pretty self explanatory when looking at the top 20 players... All the best players are in a select few tribes, ie, very little spread of 'elitism'.

DeletedUser

It's pretty self explanatory when looking at the top 20 players... All the best players are in a select few tribes, ie, very little spread of 'elitism'.

It's very true and all, but don't you guys think it will get boring at some stage??

I mean the only excitement you guys will see is:

RA Vs Window.
RA Vs Rumble.
Window Vs Rumble.

After something like that, I think the world will die. Not much other tribes too watch out for other than Darts. No offence to any other tribe who think they are "good"

DeletedUser1508

It's very true and all, but don't you guys think it will get boring at some stage??

RA Vs Window.
RA Vs Rumble.
Window Vs Rumble.

After something like that, I think the world will die. Not much other tribes too watch out for other than Darts. No offence to any other tribe who think they are "good"

I don't think a Window war with anyone could be classified as 'exciting'. But yeah, this does kinda make for a boring world. However, as always the 'elites' will leave at some stage due to a new world coming... but by then it may be even more boring :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

RA Vs Window.
RA Vs Rumble.
Window Vs Rumble.

The things with worlds is sometimes you can never pick the fight in the little guys
how many worlds has a tribe of underdogs that are not rated by the masses on the forum held there own against the elite tribes

ad in some gangbangs, diplomacy, players quitting

think its a little early to call this world over
who knows what tribes will come out on the rim as the world expands either

DeletedUser

I don't think a Window war with anyone could be classified as 'exciting'. But yeah, this does kinda make for a boring world. However, as always the 'elites' will leave at some stage due to a new world coming... but by then it may be even more boring :icon_confused:

Thats when it will get exciting and tribes like us at lost and darts will really take effect an i expect to be spread over the core after there is a gap. providing 90% of the "Elites" leave but yea i dont think I will lose much interest in this world providing im still around i plan on trying hard as im finished school in about 3 weeksbut it will be holiday time so who knows

DeletedUser

I don't think a Window war with anyone could be classified as 'exciting'.

I guess since some of the members seem inactive.

But, where does it leave the other tribes for the future with not much competition instead of these mediocre vs mediocre stuff. Everyone talks about great settings and makes this world exciting, but all the greats spread on into 3 tribes and then they will disband and well, the world will be boring. I can see it dying out at a quick rate, maybe once a tribe takes control of 2 or 3 K's.

DeletedUser

Thats when it will get exciting and tribes like us at lost and darts will really take effect an i expect to be spread over the core after there is a gap. providing 90% of the "Elites" leave but yea i dont think I will lose much interest in this world providing im still around i plan on trying hard as im finished school in about 3 weeksbut it will be holiday time so who knows

LoL. I finish in 2 weeks. :)

I wont lose interest in the world much either. But, I would love to compete against the greats and see where I can improve. You can only learn by going up against the good-great players.

P.S: Sorry fordouble posting. :S

DeletedUser

There's a fairly big difference between "startup whores" who are just good at rushing the first month or two and long term decent players. What you're looking at now is a top 20 full of the kinds of people that can sleep 3 hours a night and know exactly the right order to build everything in to optimise their build. Many of those people will get bored and quit once this world gets big and complex with dozens of villages and there are new worlds to startup on as fast as humanly possible.

DeletedUser

Double You, this happens in every world at some point but the world is still interesting since a few of these "good" players stay then we get all sorts of new tribes and wars and find out the promising players of the future.
Anyway we will see who the real "good" players are in upcoming weeks, Patience is the key to success

DeletedUser

There's a fairly big difference between "startup whores" who are just good at rushing the first month or two and long term decent players. What you're looking at now is a top 20 full of the kinds of people that can sleep 3 hours a night and know exactly the right order to build everything in to optimise their build. Many of those people will get bored and quit once this world gets big and complex with dozens of villages and there are new worlds to startup on as fast as humanly possible.

What's your idea of a long term decent player? Someone who can eke out a meager living right now and wait out all of the good players until they quit? Or someone who starts on the rim away from any competition and manages to get large later on. It's nothing special to luck out and survive the first several months of a world and then live in the top 200 of the world after that and manage villages, eat barbs and inactives, and hide within the security of a large tribe.

DeletedUser

alot of startup players are coplayers so they can have good sleep social life and pwn but some manage to do this while playing solo so i dont know what you are on. a good player grows in the core quickly and lasts a long time.
although nauz and hoang dont stay that long usually i doubt that they couldnt do this if they wanted to.

p.s who are you Ig anyone worth knowing ??? of is that your usual username ????

DeletedUser

What's your idea of a long term decent player? Someone who can eke out a meager living right now and wait out all of the good players until they quit? Or someone who starts on the rim away from any competition and manages to get large later on. It's nothing special to luck out and survive the first several months of a world and then live in the top 200 of the world after that and manage villages, eat barbs and inactives, and hide within the security of a large tribe.

OK that's true. Congratulations on crushing that strawman! I don't see how it's related to my central point that a lot of the people at the top right now will drop out after a month or two because they only enjoy starting up quickly and aren't interested in managing large clusters of villages.

As for whether they /could/ do this or not - well there's no question they could. I'm just saying they won't.

What's my idea of a decent long term player? I guess it's someone who is in the top 20 after a "long term"... same as everyone elses.

DeletedUser

Spoken like a fool who can't startup to save their life. Startup success absolutely does not require neglecting sleep or social life.

That's fair. It was just a light jab at those who do so well. No harm intended. I'm just a mediocre player and confess to neglecting sleep and social life regardless.

It's true hoang gave me a good raping early in W2 but really I don't think many people who were literally located in the square next to his village would have survived long. Anyway, hoang is my prime example, started up absolutely ridiculously fast, could have gone on to own the entire world but instead has now quit, or got nobled or something. I assume he lost interest.

The difference between us is that I restarted and have achieved moderate success since then whereas hoang didn't bother because restarting after 3 weeks is not as interesting as startup whoring.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hmm, not so long ago I remember Therin and Pervis having this exact same argument about these "start-up whores". My opinion on this matter is that all the people in the top 20 to my knowledge have proved themselves before to be capable long-term players, however it would be nice for people to stay around longer and enjoy the world.

DeletedUser2335

Hmm, not so long ago I remember Therin and Pervis having this exact same argument about these "start-up whores". My opinion on this matter is that all the people in the top 20 to my knowledge have proved themselves before to be capable long-term players, however it would be nice for people to stay around longer and enjoy the world.

That was in a w39 skype chat if I remember right?

DeletedUser

OK that's true. Congratulations on crushing that strawman! I don't see how it's related to my central point that a lot of the people at the top right now will drop out after a month or two because they only enjoy starting up quickly and aren't interested in managing large clusters of villages.

As for whether they /could/ do this or not - well there's no question they could. I'm just saying they won't.

What's my idea of a decent long term player? I guess it's someone who is in the top 20 after a "long term"... same as everyone elses.

Well, when you speak in a deragatory manner towards people, don't expect them to play nicely with you. What I can infer from your first post is that you consider people that stick around to sim city and manage villages later in the game to obviously be a superior overall TW player. You used a lot of loaded words and phrases there. For example, "who are just good at". That implies the so-called "startup whores" are only good at starting up and building a village rather quickly. It implies they aren't good at anything else and since you compare them to "long term decent players" it also implies that the latter is more skilled in all of the other areas. So, I would suggest that your central point wasn't that the "startup whores" "will drop out after a month or two" (that may have been a secondary conclusion, but that is besides the points), it was actually that you think you and others who get lucky and stick around for a long time are obviously better than those who build really quickly in the beginning but don't stick around for years afterwards to "win" a world.

Furthermore, you resorted (although not so blatantly), to making personal attacks on a general scale with your comments about sleeping 3 hours a night to achieve the position. With such a choice phrase as "the kinds of people"; exactly what kinds of people are they? Perhaps you would like to elaborate?

Last edited by a moderator: