Skill Of UK3??

DeletedUser

Yeah. It's a veteran vs elite issue. Some people are both (Lodda), but usually they fall into on or the other category, ie, only veteran (Jirki ) or only elite (Jamm). To be honest, as long as they are fun to talk to i could care less who's what.

I must admit, I am not too keen to learn either, but I don't do it because I think I can do something better, I acknowledge the superiority of someone else's method... it's simply the fact I have developed techniques which make the game most fun for me, and so I stick to them as I am not playing TW to be #1 for XX number of months, but to have the said fun.

Still, I have adapted to scripts and picked up some new tricks so i am not hardcore in the "vet" category.

This fits me as I have found elites are usually more skilled but also more arrogant and less acceptable of noobs, while veterans are far less skilled, stubborn, know few "tricks" but can be much more open towards people who show ignorance.

PS: It's been fun seeing how Pervie changes his attitude to a more mentoring "vet" one over the last few dozen worlds. soon you'll grow rusty too my friend, just like us old peoples in RA :eek:

T-Rev

Perv has been making an effort, at least since w26, to teach newer players how to play. Half of Pills in that world were beginners, newbs, less-experienced players. Some of them have turned out quite well as a result of his and others in his clique's mentoring.

There is a big difference between how so-called "elites" re-act to noobs on the forums and how they are if you actually talk to them. I'd say most are willing to teach others; and they are happy to do it.

DeletedUser

Imagine this aswell. If they didn't quit how boring would the world be for the other people (Ie. Noobs Example: Me.) :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Perv has been making an effort, at least since w26, to teach newer players how to play. Half of Pills in that world were beginners, newbs, less-experienced players. Some of them have turned out quite well as a result of his and others in his clique's mentoring.

There is a big difference between how so-called "elites" re-act to noobs on the forums and how they are if you actually talk to them. I'd say most are willing to teach others; and they are happy to do it.

QFT:icon_razz:, Ofcourse after pervis left most of them got owned.

DeletedUser

I have read most of the post but not all so sorry if I comeback on something that have been said... Although I came up with a conclusion asking myself the following question :

Does it need more skill and knowledge of the game to go from 0 points to 1 million or managing an account from 1 million points and more...

My view of the game :

Considering the fact that you are clustered and limited in your territory in the early stages, you must manage your close area and domiate it with troops all comming from 1 village versus other players having only 1 village...

Nobling era... You actually have to show your real colors... best players will often be the ones with a load of troops that will be able to noble 3-4k villages instead of the smaller 1k villages around them... You will already see a huge difference in my opinion concerning player skills in the nobling era... As a tribe you are looking to secure your area and control it.

The expansion Era.. comming to a point when you control your continent... You are looking to expand around and therefore have to manage fighting 10-12h trips while defending and such... to me it looks interesting....

After the 500k-1 million period... well fighting wars can be 24-48h trips and more to noble a village.. it is often easier and more efficient to eat inactives around you...

In conclusion... After the 1 million period, keeping and growing an account is way easier to me... The usual and mid-level tribe won't go and noble your 100 villages at once... Even if they manage to eat you 10-15 villages you will have the time to noble 25 villages from an inactive in your tribe...

Not saying playing at that stage provides you no challenge.. but looking at the ennoblements of a older world, you can figure most part are inactives... Although starting an account from 0 and establishing yourself in an area will require you to adapt and will bring in way more skills (in my books)

So up to each of us to judge if long term 10 million account players are more skilled than the ones being top 10-20 every world they play from 26 points to 1 million... although I do have my opinion on it ;)

Regards
Estoy

DeletedUser

I still find it amusing that players talk of skill in Tw, there is very little skill involved in Tw. And what small amount of skill there was has been documented in a number of guides. The difference then between players once you've read the guides is activity.

On topic:

There is plenty of "skill" in UK3 its just that its concentrated "mainly" in a few tribes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I still find it amusing that players talk of skill in Tw, there is very little skill involved in Tw. And what small amount of skill there was has been documented in a number of guides. The difference then between players once you've read the guides is mainly activity and how you adapt to unexpected events, and I think that is better measured on experience and a persons intelligence rather than skill.

On topic:

There is plenty of "skill" in UK3 its just that its concentrated "mainly" in a few tribes.

"Skill" –noun 1. the ability, coming from one's knowledge, practice, aptitude, etc., to do something well: [dictionary.com]

The expression, "Sour Grapes", sums you up completely. Nice new alias for UK.

DeletedUser

surprinsigly I believe about 90% of the population are unable to read and apply what they read... Poker is to me an example of it... So hard under emotions to apply something you know :)

Therefore there is more than activity and reading guides to me ;)

DeletedUser

Plus guides generally suck, if not because they are written by an idiot, then its because they don't adapt to the situation. It can be hard for a new player to find a good guide amongst all the terrible ones.

DeletedUser2118

There is true skill to this part. Why do you think there's a gap of 800+ points between rank 1 (I generally disagree with what the current rank 1 did) and 20? You might say that it's just a matter of being more active, and I don't want to deal with the argument there. Let's just assume it is.

Then again wouldn't that activity be a skill?!?! The ability to keep going at that raiding in an efficient matter...that takes a willpower correlated to your burn out capacity. Almost all people burn out eventually if they keep going at something with all they've got :(...to disastrous consequences . How long you can go is an incredibly useful skill. So I argue then that tw at this stage at least takes lots of that skill stuff.

DeletedUser

There is true skill to this part. Why do you think there's a gap of 800+ points between rank 1 (I generally disagree with what the current rank 1 did) and 20? You might say that it's just a matter of being more active, and I don't want to deal with the argument there. Let's just assume it is.

What did I do? I'm just clicking random buttons. :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

Then again wouldn't that activity be a skill?!?! The ability to keep going at that raiding in an efficient matter...that takes a willpower correlated to your burn out capacity. Almost all people burn out eventually if they keep going at something with all they've got :(...to disastrous consequences . How long you can go is an incredibly useful skill. So I argue then that tw at this stage at least takes lots of that skill stuff.

Activity is not skill, it is dedication. The 800 pt gap has no doubt come from superior activity and more efficient building than those further down the rankings.

DeletedUser

Activity is not skill, it is dedication. The 800 pt gap has no doubt come from superior activity and more efficient building than those further down the rankings.

Aren't you Predator? (sorry for the off topic)

DeletedUser

it is way to early to know if someone has what it takes. the settings are indeed bes suited for skilled players but time will tell how this world will be. a lot depends on activity and the will to battle each other. once it is nobeling time some will be more carefull then otherwise since nobels are cheap overhere. also the use of the smithy lvl's should be done carefull, if you are not used to play with them you make mistakes wich can be fatal.

DeletedUser

Although I think activity undoubtably plays a part , it certainly isn't the main thing .
There are people in my 15x15 who according to TWs map are active throughout the day and are below 300 points ?
They are as active as me and yet much much lower points and not one person there are a few.
In the time I have been playing tribal wars there came a time where my game developed and I started to play better , this wasn't because I increased my activity , it was because I learned new ways to play.

Activity has obvious advantages especially on faster worlds but I think one of the skills in the game is reducing the time you need to be on whilst still performing well in game.

There are skils involved in Tribal Wars , I think people who don't think they are needed haven't required them yet.

Tribal Wars isn't the most complicated game but there are various skills required to do well. That doesn't mean you need them to have fun , but there are different levels of play and some people are obviously more skilled than others.

PS :::: ELEGANT for some reason your SIG is giving me a migrane :O <3

<3

DeletedUser

Well honestly its way way way to early to judge the future of this world let alone what tribes will be the strongest later on. It honestly reminds me of world 6 (.net) where some of the most long lasting and strong tribes ever created. I have no doubt we will see some of the tribes that are top 20 right now stay around for a while but things will drastically change. Also dont forget the effect of nobles once they start coming out we could see tribes that no one thought about giving a chance start to carve out some territory and taking down some of the big boys. Never underestimate your opponent or future its self.

DeletedUser

It's not about how many hours a day you play, but how well you can use those hours. But, activity will always play a major role. You could be attacked while not on, and lose out in many ways. Although success is not limited to how active you are, it's the icing on the cake.

DeletedUser

I now keep seeing the word activity being thrown about,
this is in many cases no way a means to measure a players skill level
because the actually account player is only halve a person, a co-player

A group of 3 co-playing noobs could own an elite without a sitter

So when elites/vet start co-playing ,they have already won before the world comes out

DeletedUser

yes and you are showing your skill by doing so
whille reinforcing the point I made

while the best players are all not only joining worlds as premade tribes ,they are also co-playing accounts
and they wonder why the worlds get boring when there is no good players left to fight