Skill Of UK3??

DeletedUser

LoL, if you have lack of activity its your problem, as far as I'm concerned activity should NEVER be used as an excuse for bad performance.

DeletedUser

Doesn't matter how active you are if you have no clue what you are doing.

DeletedUser

LoL, if you have lack of activity its your problem, as far as I'm concerned activity should NEVER be used as an excuse for bad performance.

what you trying to say person who I have never heard of before ?
in fact go check your ODA against mine before you bother to reply
then ask yourself why mine is higher when you have 300 more points than me

This topic is meant to be about the skill of uk3 players
not you trying to shoot me down about my activity

DeletedUser

Oh yes because ODA means everything. :icon_rolleyes:

If you looked at his area you would see that it is filled with inactive players.

DeletedUser

maybe they all died of laugher from his comedy
and yeah ODA is a good judge of activity

you have to be here to be attacking people

DeletedUser

[pp]You just lost any possible credibility that you might have had.

As for the complaint about coplaying in previous posts, it has been stated several times that this world's top players arent necessarily coplaying. In fact most of the top 20 are solo including 4 of the top 5.[/pp]

DeletedUser

[pp]You just lost any possible credibility that you might have had.

As for the complaint about coplaying in previous posts, it has been stated several times that this world's top players arent necessarily coplaying. In fact most of the top 20 are solo including 4 of the top 5.[/pp]

Strange post
I was stating my opinion and didn't like someone making remarks about my activity
as for credibilty, I have always kept a low profile and many have never heard of me even tho I have been playing for a number of years.
There was also no compliant about co-players (and premade tribes)

It was another opinion that these effect the game in such a way that it is unfair to new & old players who do neither of these.
I also have made no assumption as to who is co-played

Anyway
Care to explain how me stating that I have killed more troops than a bigger player makes me lose credibility

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Strange post
I was stating my opinion and didn't like someone making remarks about my activity
as for credibilty, I have always kept a low profile and many have never heard of me even tho I have been playing for a number of years.
There was also no compliant about co-players (and premade tribes)

It was another opinion that these effect the game in such a way that it is unfair to new & old players who do neither of these.
I also have made no assumption as to who is co-played

Anyway
Care to explain how me stating that I have killed more troops than a bigger player makes me lose credibility

The loss of credibility was due to your thinking that OPD means anything, most good start up players do not have high opd's because we realize that clearing people in a world like this one is pointless, and in the long run kills your troop counts, and kills you future noble targets.

On a side note Hi sir gramps, its mattcurr :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Hiya matt good to hear from you again
but I wasn't the one that stated about all the barbs around me

Anyway, I think this should be closed because I refuse to get into petty fights with people that just come here to shoot others down to me themselves look better than they are

oops
I actually meant to say because its now going off topic :p

DeletedUser

Anyway
[pp]Sure why not

For starters, muldeh is a fairly respected player.

Beyond that,
ODA is a product of growth. Real growth doesnt happen until nobling. This means that ODA is fairly useless indicator until significant growth has happened and even then it is usually an indication that the player has made poor choices in targets.

At this point in the game, most efficient players do not have much if any OD. Clearing players in your area that are active and arent needed as immediate farms is generally a bad idea in the long run if you want to have targets later on.

[/pp]

DeletedUser

Is this another assumption that I have cleared all of my neighbours

DeletedUser

Early OD*A is a generally accepted by many (if not most) good early starters are being patently undesirable. I wish I did not have the current OD which I do have :

Fire Dance
Opponents defeated: 3.431 (15.) <=== do not want

even though acquiring that OD*A did not cost me very much in the way of troops.

Directed at the issue of guides :

Guides represent our failure as a gaming community to teach our newer members. Its always sad when new players have to turn to a piece of text to learn tricks and strategies of TW in the absence of experienced players to explain and demonstrate those to them first hand.

People who learn by following guides will never (and this is a rare case where I apply that word) be remotely as good as someone who has been trained through an "teacher - student" relationship with more experienced players.

DeletedUser

[pp]Sure why not

Beyond that,
ODA is a product of growth. Real growth doesnt happen until nobling. This means that ODA is fairly useless indicator until significant growth has happened and even then it is usually an indication that the player has made poor choices in targets.

At this point in the game, most efficient players do not have much if any OD. Clearing players in your area that are active and arent needed as immediate farms is generally a bad idea in the long run if you want to have targets later on.

[/pp]

Maybe hes just come across players with heavy sided defence? If you scout some1 with just 50-100 sps and no swords are you not going to clear them? Ofc you are. You could send 200-300 axes and lose less than 5? Definitely worth it, and it is fairly common to come across many players who do this from my exp (make heavy sided def, albeit its always the ones who go inactive after 100pts). The same applies if you find someone with just 50-100 swords, but use Lc instead of axes ofc.

DeletedUser

Maybe hes just come across players with heavy sided defence? If you scout some1 with just 50-100 sps and no swords are you not going to clear them? Ofc you are. You could send 200-300 axes and lose less than 5? Definitely worth it, and it is fairly common to come across many players who do this from my exp (make heavy sided def, albeit its always the ones who go inactive after 100pts). The same applies if you find someone with just 50-100 swords, but use Lc instead of axes ofc.

Simple minded as usual, I did have this discussion with you in world 34 right, where I proved you wrong a number of times? What about when nobles come out and that player that you killed now has an ill-defended nice little 2k village for me to noble?

There is one indicator and one indicator alone as to weither or not you should clear players for farms, and that is if you have enough farms to support your lc count 24/7. And as someone who tends to have a stupidly large lc count about 2,200, when I hit 3k points, I have never had an issue with having enough farms, and I have only ever been in the top 20 oda in the beginning of a world on accident.

DeletedUser

Simple minded as usual, I did have this discussion with you in world 34 right, where I proved you wrong a number of times? What about when nobles come out and that player that you killed now has an ill-defended nice little 2k village for me to noble?

There is one indicator and one indicator alone as to weither or not you should clear players for farms, and that is if you have enough farms to support your lc count 24/7. And as someone who tends to have a stupidly large lc count about 2,200, when I hit 3k points, I have never had an issue with having enough farms, and I have only ever been in the top 20 oda in the beginning of a world on accident.

No my arguement back then was completely different.

@Your first pt why would the player who you cleared with 50-100 sp's now have a 2k village for you to noble? I do not understand the logic in that, usually when I clear said player with 50-100 sp's they'll normally quit or just reproduce the same 50-100 sp's and then I'll clear him again. There is 2 benefits in clearing that player; 1 you get free oda and 2 more often than not once they've lost all their spears they'll normally quit (again this is from my exp).

@Ye but your way that player is just going to keep building defence and when you do eventually get round to clearing him, you're going to be losing a lot more troops than if you had just taken him out on day 5/6 or 7.

I mark out 2/3 pt whores and leave them alone with the intention of nobling them later on. The rest I'll scout and if any of them are over 90ish% reliant on a specfic defence I'll clear them if I think they'll quit right after. Idc what you say, this method makes sense and I've tried and tested it to work.

DeletedUser

Half of my OD was from backtiming a guy who kept attacking me, his army was big enough that my wall wasn't slowing them much so he was just a pain to keep dodging from.

I am a strong believer in low ODA before nobling.

DeletedUser

No my arguement back then was completely different.

@Your first pt why would the player who you cleared with 50-100 sp's now have a 2k village for you to noble? I do not understand the logic in that, usually when I clear said player with 50-100 sp's they'll normally quit or just reproduce the same 50-100 sp's and then I'll clear him again. There is 2 benefits in clearing that player; 1 you get free oda and 2 more often than not once they've lost all their spears they'll normally quit (again this is from my exp).

@Ye but your way that player is just going to keep building defence and when you do eventually get round to clearing him, you're going to be losing a lot more troops than if you had just taken him out on day 5/6 or 7.
It will cost you more troops not enough to make a difference imo, but just for the sake of argument let me prove you wrong in your own scenario. Btw you still do not address the fact that you probably dont need an extra farm so there is 0 economic gain only a loss from it.... The thought process should not be oh i got 2k res from it, it should be I just wasted farm runs, and got 0 res that I couldnt have gotten elsewhere without clearing anyone. But if you really think of it this whole line of thought is mute, you have to clear people to noble villages, my way just gives you more targets.............

Again merely for the sake of argument as long as you have 1k lc, you can maintain all your ques constantly, so the effect on production is mute, same with noble production, once you have lets say 5 villages you can have 3 offensive villages in rotation, if you are in anyway competent at moving res around these three offensive villages should be up and running in 2 weeks, at a point where they can clear mostly anyone you want, I only ever stop expanding because I dont like spreading my defense thin. And even so with this method the last world I played I was number one in growth rankings(measured in how many villages you noble perday since you begin nobleing.).

Idk why i bother since you seem to believe your the best player there is, but your arrogance is ridiculous for someone who has accomplished as little as you have.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There's a fairly big difference between "startup whores" who are just good at rushing the first month or two and long term decent players. What you're looking at now is a top 20 full of the kinds of people that can sleep 3 hours a night and know exactly the right order to build everything in to optimise their build. Many of those people will get bored and quit once this world gets big and complex with dozens of villages and there are new worlds to startup on as fast as humanly possible.

A counter example only disproves a universal.

Here you go. Fact: most early good players are just good players; not early and not late. Fact: most don't feel like playing a 10Mil account. Fact: the usually can do it as good (and usually better) as others and they have the early bonus of their fast growth. Conclusion: your early top 20 (early is just pre-nobling) will rarely have people who are crappy at the mid-late game just those who get bored with the game.

As for the "three hours of sleep" thingy, you obviously never played at the top level and I got a train to catch in 15 minutes so I can’t be arsed to explain what PP and Pervis (I think) already explained here.

PP, that was being so mean Proving him wrong without flames and what not... give the poor guy a chance! At least don't bring lodda in, he is not an average "start-up whore".

Even without Lodda: you, russki, Pervis, Mohua, am, Raoul Duke, Thargoran and Lardingd all played at one time to the ~30-40 villages area which is already mid gameplay. and that's just checking top 20 aliases I know. Heck I've played larger accounts and I could have ranked top 20 here had I played, so I can’t see THAT many startup whores around here ;-)

DeletedUser

[pp]Sure why not

Beyond that,

[/pp]

I think i am doing the opposites to all these hassles here. for every world i alway clear my farms in my 15x15 very early, this give me no competitions and my hauls are always full. I leave 1 or 2 that i can forsee to be growing at good rate but not farming (pointwhore). By doing that i have enough resources for noble and still have a decent size troops count, and btw clearing farm doesnt cost alot if you know what you doing, despite me having loads of ODA i still think my troops count not losing to any of the top players.

And for the future farm and bigger growth.. that what villages outside my 15x15 are for. by that time i have another village and of course edging out of the first villlage 15x15. Thats my tactics and it works every time for me... so there is no right way or wrong way of doing things just do what you can do best really :icon_cool:

hoang nghiem

DeletedUser2118

I think i am doing the opposites to all these hassles here. for every world i alway clear my farms in my 15x15 very early, this give me no competitions and my hauls are always full. I leave 1 or 2 that i can forsee to be growing at good rate but not farming (pointwhore). By doing that i have enough resources for noble and still have a decent size troops count, and btw clearing farm doesnt cost alot if you know what you doing, despite me having loads of ODA i still think my troops count not losing to any of the top players.

And for the future farm and bigger growth.. that what villages outside my 15x15 are for. by that time i have another village and of course edging out of the first villlage 15x15. Thats my tactics and it works every time for me... so there is no right way or wrong way of doing things just do what you can do best really :icon_cool:

hoang nghiem

Robj, does the same thing, didn't hurt him from my perspective ;).

There was a time where players were basically judged on their oda at the pre-nobling stage. However, people were such bad judges of what and when to clear that often enough they wasted a lot :(. It became abundantly clear to better players that people were screwing this up, so in order to get their point across they over emphasized troop conservation. It led to the opposite problem :(.