Skill Of UK3??

DeletedUser

That was in a w39 skype chat if I remember right?

Right you are Tom.
Frito he implied that the "start-up whores" will get bored and move on to another world, I can see why you feel it is a little vicous towards start-up players but in truth he said that these players will leave and join another world, now I would go on and rant about world hoppers but that's a different story.
lol for thomas the tank engine reference :p.

DeletedUser

There's a fairly big difference between "startup whores" who are just good at rushing the first month or two and long term decent players. What you're looking at now is a top 20 full of the kinds of people that can sleep 3 hours a night and know exactly the right order to build everything in to optimise their build. Many of those people will get bored and quit once this world gets big and complex with dozens of villages and there are new worlds to startup on as fast as humanly possible.

[pp]There is so much wrong within this post it isnt even funny.[/pp]

What you're looking at now is a top 20 full of the kinds of people that can sleep 3 hours a night and know exactly the right order to build everything in to optimise their build.
[pp]You would love to think that wouldnt you? I am up at the top with so little effort it isnt even funny. I have zero gameplan or "optimization" and literally have just been clicking buttons. Whatever mood I am in is what ends up built and none of it is even remotely efficiently built.[/pp]

What you're looking at now is a top 20 full of the kinds of people that can sleep 3 hours a night and know exactly the right order to build everything in to optimise their build.
[pp]All of the good "startup whores" are more than capable of playing long term. I am currently playing a 3 million account that I startup whored myself. How do you explain lodda? He is currently playing 2 different rank 1 accounts if I recall correctly as well as an account in the current top 10 of this world.

1st wizzydizzy 9,903,858
1st cer-berus 1,852,238

The problem is not with the players but the way that TW is set up. If they were to give us smaller worlds and actual world endings then you would see many more "startup whores" stick out to the end. An 8 continent world or even a 4 continent world would be absolutely amazing and players would be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. The enjoyment has to be relative to the effort. Managing thousands of villages seems too much like work when there is no end in sight.[/pp]

DeletedUser

That's fair. It was just a light jab at those who do so well. No harm intended. I'm just a mediocre player and confess to neglecting sleep and social life regardless.

It's true hoang gave me a good raping early in W2 but really I don't think many people who were literally located in the square next to his village would have survived long. Anyway, hoang is my prime example, started up absolutely ridiculously fast, could have gone on to own the entire world but instead has now quit, or got nobled or something. I assume he lost interest.

The difference between us is that I restarted and have achieved moderate success since then whereas hoang didn't bother because restarting after 3 weeks is not as interesting as startup whoring.

Yes i did quit after 3 weeks or so because i was so bored with .Uk as there are no PnP and the forum was dead.. basically it was a dead world for me. i am back here now cause the settings in this w3, its something i have ever waited for since w36. To me a definition of a good player is they dont care who they facing.. some one who dont mind taking on big players and experienced player. Point whores will fail when they meet adversary and good player will stay and put up a good fight.

In world 36 i was so bored of nobling noobs and decided to take on a rank 53 if i remember its right it was Cloud Zone in Red Moon (at that time) i wiped his entire troops of 10 villages he had within 2 days... that was after nobled and sent his tribe leader to the rim. Yes i would have stay on and have more success but it was time for me to go cause the next big target was like 2 continents away .. the so called pointwhore like you refered wont have successes unless they have troops so they will drop.. but to me the top 20 in this world are not point whores they are genius and doing a great job. do have a go at them if you think they dont have what it takes :icon_twisted:

So i do think its good if you can stay for longer but for some ppl its not possible, some people like me will only commit to the game until something IRL comes up and have to leave again. I will try to stay in this world for a while longer (unless i got gangbanged) cause the excitment of playing along all great players in this server is too good to turn down. it will be har dot compete and stay rank 1 but i will give it a good go :icon_cool:

hoang nghiem

DeletedUser

[pp]You would love to think that wouldnt you? I am up at the top with so little effort it isnt even funny. I have zero gameplan or "optimization" and literally have just been clicking buttons. Whatever mood I am in is what ends up built and none of it is even remotely efficiently built.[/pp]

[pp]All of the good "startup whores" are more than capable of playing long term. I am currently playing a 3 million account that I startup whored myself. How do you explain lodda? He is currently playing 2 different rank 1 accounts if I recall correctly as well as an account in the current top 10 of this world.

1st wizzydizzy 9,903,858
1st cer-berus 1,852,238

The problem is not with the players but the way that TW is set up. If they were to give us smaller worlds and actual world endings then you would see many more "startup whores" stick out to the end. An 8 continent world or even a 4 continent world would be absolutely amazing and players would be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. The enjoyment has to be relative to the effort. Managing thousands of villages seems too much like work when there is no end in sight.[/pp]

PP, that was being so mean :lol: Proving him wrong without flames and what not... give the poor guy a chance! At least don't bring lodda in, he is not an average "start-up whore".

Elandis:
I think nearly everyone in RA shares the way PP started (Jamm being the exception!), and many of us really take this world easy, not burdening sitters.
The mistake you made is extrapolating the activity needed. after a certain skill level is reached the amount you need to spend online drops rather then rising. I bet some of those 900 pts accounts are managed more hours per day then mine.

The other mistake you made was assuming people with such startup can not play big accounts. Some of them really can not, but most have played at least 1 million + accounts. (IMHO, 1 million is about as far as one needs to go, there is NO threats to an account this big if the player tries to stay active and has a decent tribe)

PP: a 4K world is practically what we are in. I highly doubt it will expand further then outter core in a meaningful amount of time. Right now if it expands in at this rate those who start in mid-outtercore will be so close to players who started on day 1 they will get totally slaughtered with no morale to protect them.

T-Rev

ninja-edit in:
A counter example only disproves a universal.

Thats bull. Are you trying to say that all of us have to be #1 on some world to be worth of being in Top 20 here? There nearly isn't enough worlds for that :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A counter example only disproves a universal.

[pp]I was just showing the obvious examples. I could go on if you really wanted. The fact is, the current top 20 houses many players that have in fact gotten to the several million point stage.[/pp]

Deleted User - 695343

This is an interesting debate as I have often gotten frustrated with some of the very people in the current top twenty for not sticking around in worlds longer term, some without so much as a "see you later." (Call me old-fashioned, but I'm big on common courtesy :icon_wink:) I personally feel the game really begins around 200k when you are in a constant nobling cycle. In a no-morale world it's even better, as everyone is a target. So I have at times not understood why people leave so soon. Does that mean they are not skilled? Absolutely not. I am quite confident that at least 90% of the current top twenty can split any train you send at them, can back-time you into oblivion and can ultimately compete anywhere.

Fact of the matter is, as the game progresses past one million points, skill requirements decrease. Ennoblements consist of inactive players and the game becomes more village management than war strategy. As a tribe leader it becomes a nightmare of inactivity and non-participation as people get more and more bored with the monotony. Noobs will tell you about their 8 million point account on World x but in most cases it means very little, people like Lodda, being notable exceptions. All it means is that they can hang out for awhile, noble inactives and manage a high number of villages, it is in no way indicative of a skilled player. It's also virtually impossible to rim a large player so they don't even need to hone their defencive skills.

Now having said all that, there's the matter of skilled versus famous and skilled. There are plenty of skilled players who keep off the PnP and mind their own business in terms of publicity. Just because all the "famous" people are active on the forums does not mean there aren't equally skilled players doing their thing in-game. At the end of the day, TW is not rocket science. Any one with half a brain, some initiative and a good internet connection can easily excel at it if they put their mind to it.

DeletedUser2118

[pp]I was just showing the obvious examples. I could go on if you really wanted. The fact is, the current top 20 houses many players that have in fact gotten to the several million point stage.[/pp]

but some maybe have yet to see past 40 villages :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

I think the quality of UK3 has gone up. But whats happened is now theres a huge gap in the middle, between great and good players. Between 1st and 20th is a huge 800 point gap and between 20th and 120th is a 300 point gap. Though I think the locationing of all the small tribes in a continent will cause hysteria. Maybe they should all merge and form a super tribe? Nahh, that would be too easy.

DeletedUser

Yes I agree. There are many high skilled players that came from .net, for example, Hoang and Nauz. Then there is a big drop from them to the relatively new players from previous .UK worlds.

DeletedUser

Alot of the problems that lead the top/skilled players to drop out is that,
the good player and the well known
all tend to huddle together into a very few select tribes

Thereby making that tribe(s) quite unstoppable, they spread rapidly like a virus across the land
because there is no real competition left.
yes smaller tribe limits do prevent all the best players being in the same tribe
but 20 elite players is still better than 200 noobs.

If a world is going to stay long term entertaining,then the good players need to stop grouping together and actually be in opposing tribes

DeletedUser2118

sir gramps I agree with you entirely. That's why I had such high hopes for w27.net. Well part of the reason, the other was I wanted to see some over inflated egos failing to cope with the situation >_>.

I almost joined window to avoid being the coward :(. (Yes, I am admitting to being a coward!)

DeletedUser

Alot of the problems that lead the top/skilled players to drop out is that,
the good player and the well known
all tend to huddle together into a very few select tribes

Thereby making that tribe(s) quite unstoppable, they spread rapidly like a virus across the land
because there is no real competition left.
yes smaller tribe limits do prevent all the best players being in the same tribe
but 20 elite players is still better than 200 noobs.

If a world is going to stay long term entertaining,then the good players need to stop grouping together and actually be in opposing tribes

I totally agree with this it would be much more fun . This is why the idea of Battle Royale was so appealing . That is if the leaders dont all choose the same people they ordinarily play with.
I think the size of this world it would be fun if the main tribes split into maybe 4 tribes with about 5 players each who dont ordinarily play together and the rest totally new blood , not in existing top tribe.
I love playing with friends but I still think it would be fun to play against them and it would be much more competetive and therefore not so boring.
It's probably not possible and has endless flaws but basically when all the good players are in the same tribes it leaves the world very unbalanced . I think those players and tribes have proved many times they can rule a world , then complain it gets boring , maybe playing with new players and people you don't normally play with would add more of a challenge and also build up new players to increase the competition in future worlds.

<3

DeletedUser

I'll agree with FA & sir gramps.

BH has also a interesting idea that could solve the premade issue, more about it here

Nothing else to really add.

DeletedUser

I've found an extreme lack of anything approaching what might be considered skill later on in worlds. I've often been rebuked by noobs when I attempt to teach them anything new. The saying, "Can't teach an old dog new tricks," is often very apt in late game situations. I often hear the, "Hey, I've gotten this many points do it this way so why should I change anything? 3-4 second trains have worked, so I will keep using them". These people often never learn because what they did one time worked out so they think they are good players. So I don't believe staying in a world longer makes you good, decent or skilled. Quite the contrary actually; I believe people who aren't taught how to properly play, or who don't see out how to properly play, eventually become worse and worse as time goes on and they convince themselves their way is "the way".

Oh, and while I've never played something as developed as w1 or w2 are on .net at this point, I have played in the stages of the game where everyone in the top 100 has at least 300 villages.
"

DeletedUser

I'd like to see another world like en27 in .net. It adds a bit of spice to the worlds and Im sure people who have been playing tw for 2 years + will be bored of the same old same old.

DeletedUser

I've found an extreme lack of anything approaching what might be considered skill later on in worlds. I've often been rebuked by noobs when I attempt to teach them anything new. The saying, "Can't teach an old dog new tricks," is often very apt in late game situations. I often hear the, "Hey, I've gotten this many points do it this way so why should I change anything? 3-4 second trains have worked, so I will keep using them". These people often never learn because what they did one time worked out so they think they are good players. So I don't believe staying in a world longer makes you good, decent or skilled. Quite the contrary actually; I believe people who aren't taught how to properly play, or who don't see out how to properly play, eventually become worse and worse as time goes on and they convince themselves their way is "the way".

Oh, and while I've never played something as developed as w1 or w2 are on .net at this point, I have played in the stages of the game where everyone in the top 100 has at least 300 villages.
"

Yeah. It's a veteran vs elite issue. Some people are both (Lodda), but usually they fall into on or the other category, ie, only veteran (Jirki ) or only elite (Jamm). To be honest, as long as they are fun to talk to i could care less who's what.

I must admit, I am not too keen to learn either, but I don't do it because I think I can do something better, I acknowledge the superiority of someone else's method... it's simply the fact I have developed techniques which make the game most fun for me, and so I stick to them as I am not playing TW to be #1 for XX number of months, but to have the said fun.

Still, I have adapted to scripts and picked up some new tricks so i am not hardcore in the "vet" category.

This fits me as I have found elites are usually more skilled but also more arrogant and less acceptable of noobs, while veterans are far less skilled, stubborn, know few "tricks" but can be much more open towards people who show ignorance.

PS: It's been fun seeing how Pervie changes his attitude to a more mentoring "vet" one over the last few dozen worlds. soon you'll grow rusty too my friend, just like us old peoples in RA :eek:

T-Rev