Start up vs Late game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I think that those players who strive to achieve number 1, be it start up, mid game or late game, are great. But does that make them greater than a guy who makes it through start up, mid game, and into late game? Nope it doesnt imo. Everyone plays to the extent they want to, no more, no less. They play the game they want, and whatever level that is, they are no less great than the milestone lovers.

I've often had arguments with tribe mates, who berate the smaller members of the tribe, for not being as good as the bigger members. I mean come on, just because you have 500 villages and 4 million points, that doesnt make you better than a guy who has 10 villages and 40,000 points. Everyone plays at the level they want. Everyone finds different parts of the game easy and hard.
I like late game, its easy. Dont particularly like start up. Others love start up, hate late game. It doesn't matter.
If you love being number 1, great, others arent bothered about being number one. It does not make you a better player.

DeletedUser1511

Does it matter whether im a 'top' player or a normal player.
Just because im not in the core, haven't got 30, 300+ plus point barbs to choose from, nor do i have to tag-team against everyone who 'might'' be a threat, dont mean im not a 'top' player or know how to play this game.

I KNOW how to farm.
I KNOW the uses of troops and their respective haulage.
I KNOW how set up bookmarks and radial farm everything in my area.

Theres too many so called 'top players' who in reality aint that good.
Im not one of YOUR cliquey 'top players' nor would i ever wanna be. :)

Im a VERY feared and respected Late game player on the world im from.
Ive started well enough on this world.

How many so-called start-up players have failed to start-up?
How many on this world alone who havent started as well as they would have liked to?

Im guessing quite alot.

Just because YOU choose to do things differently, does it make things right?
Theres so many ways to do things 'correctly' in this game, thats theres very rarely a right or wrong way.
But your uncontrollable arrogance suggests that you think that your always right...
Its not the case, not at all.

Theres many ways to farm.
Each person chooses how they want to play and what they believe is right for them.

Ofcourse, but how can you say that being rank 1, on just one world in not an achievement in itself?
You dont know the circumstances of that world, how busy the player is, what role they have on that world, how much time they can commit or how much time that they WANT to commit.

Again your assuming that everyone is 19, in college, nothing better to do then play this game, with their many co-players, then actually do other things in their life.
This aint always the case.

I dont care if the creators of TribalWars itself has stated that .uk is lower in apparent standards.
With saying what you have, you have just insulted several thousand paying customers of this game - People who keep this game going.

But again the 'mighty and all knowing' Pervis has spoken, i guess that we're not allowed to speak, but we have to listen to your so called wisdom? :icon_rolleyes:

I KNOW how to play this game, inside and out and so does anyone else whos played this game for more then 3 weeks and has half an ability to learn.

I KNOW that theres some very good .uk players out there.
I KNOW that theres some very poor .net players out there.

Simple as.

Its nothing about knowledge.
Its game mechanics.
You can only send 5 attacks per second.
There-fore you can only send so many farm runs/attacks per minute/hour/day/week and so on.

Farming off 10 villages takes x amount of time.
Farming off 500 takes ALOT more then x amount of time.

Which makes it all the more harder, if you count that you could be under heavy attack, running a tribe, washing your car, building a treehouse or what ever.

Am i wrong?

Lol.
Am i getting to you?

This is a game, that i pay for with money i earn in real life.
I dont need anyone to tell me how good i am, or what i know.

I pay for this game.
I play where i want.
I play how i want.
I post what i want, as long as its not insulting.

I DO WHAT I WANT.

The yet to be announced selectors of this .uk vs .net game are gonna be the same clique of players who you know.
They are gonna choose their little friends and little suck-ups.
They wont choose fair teams based on the best of .uk or the best of .net, its gonna be the same names as you see in everyone of YOUR premades.

I wish that it'd be different, but this game is VERY cliquey and ill end up being proved right.
Trust me.
Sigh. I suppose i have time to kill.

Just because im not in the core, haven't got 30, 300+ plus point barbs to choose from, nor do i have to tag-team against everyone who 'might'' be a threat, dont mean im not a 'top' player or know how to play this game.
Not being in the core means nothing. Heck the later you start the easier your growth is. You obviously understand nothing about the mechanics of the game if you think that being in the core gives you a boost at startup. People who start later have elevated growth and more inactives. AND the inactives that they do have earn more res per hour. The time you join has nothing to do with if you are a "top" player.
And there is no "might" be a threat. anyone who isnt in your tribe is the enemy. Sometimes you get a nap to delay when you hit them, or an alliance if you get them, but when it comes down to it they will be food.

"Theres too many so called 'top players' who in reality aint that good.
Im not one of YOUR cliquey 'top players' nor would i ever wanna be. :)"
since that was directed at Pervis i assume you mean the peasants. find me a lineup that can beat the peasants premade and well......
But its not about being in cliques, i personally have no love for Lard,russki or sf ect. And i would still call them good players.....
At the end of the day if you are good you are good, if you understand how to play the game, it comes across when you post.

"Im a VERY feared and respected Late game player on the world im from."
This thread says otherwise And This thread says otherwise And from reading your posts there, you dont seem to be respected much by your own admission......
Baring in mind this is former tribes posting this about you.

"Again your assuming that everyone is 19, in college, nothing better to do then play this game, with their many co-players, then actually do other things in their life."
So they have nothing to do other than play this game, this gives them a lot of free time right? And yet they play with their many coplayers.
But surely if they are playing with a lot of coplayers they need to be on less, which means why would they coplay with a lot of coplayers if it meant they had nothing to do, as they couldnt even play tw due to their coplayers being on.

I know you have a tendacy to ingnore logic when you post, but errrm even for you that is errm special?

"I dont care if the creators of TribalWars itself has stated that .uk is lower in apparent standards.
With saying what you have, you have just insulted several thousand paying customers of this game - People who keep this game going."
Its not an insult its a fact. Uk has much lower competition than .net. That doesnt mean it doesnt have good players, but on a whole the competition is lower. This can simply be explained by the fact it has a much smaller community and is much younger than .net so there has been less time for talent to develop.
That and the introduction of a lot new server, and the fact that .net is an international server, means that .net will have more competition.

Which part of that is offensive ?

"Its nothing about knowledge.
Its game mechanics.
You can only send 5 attacks per second.
There-fore you can only send so many farm runs/attacks per minute/hour/day/week and so on.

Farming off 10 villages takes x amount of time.
Farming off 500 takes ALOT more then x amount of time."
The later you go on in tw, the less often you need to farm as there is less competition for your res. Eliminate farmers by taking out active players, that is how you play the game no?

At startup you can send 2k+ attacks a day from 1 village. Obviously this number of attacks decreases as the game goes on. However the attacks are usual through manual farming as you dont bookmarks until much later and manual farming takes more effort than bookmark farming.
Sending out X ammount of troops 2-3 times a day from 200+ villages may mean it takes longer by the simple fact that you have to click T or Y or whatever you have your commands set on more times, but it is less effort than manual farming.

I am sure you yourself have stated you cant play startup witth the best of them, if you do understand how to farm like you claim you. Then this will make sense to you.

DeletedUser

So if I told you to dig a hole with a spoon instead of a shovel, that makes it more difficult? It doesn't, it makes it take longer. That is not nearly the same thing.

Ofcourse its harder, lol.
You tried digging a hole with a spoon?
Its certainly not easy.

Given the choice would you dig with a shovel or spoon?
Given the choice would you prefer start-up or Late game farming?

Theres lots of different types of 'hard'.
Where Late game farming might not be 'hard' as such, it is definitely more soul destroying, tiresome and tedious, compared to start-up farming.

That alone makes it 'harder' then farming at start-up.

But its not just about farming...
Like ive said several times, lots of things are harder at Late game, imo.

If you have not had early success in start up how can you claim to know the ins and outs of the tribal wars game? If you have not done well in start up yet HAVE done well in late game, what does that say to you? That says late game is HARDER? Wouldnt, by simple logic, that mean late game is EASIER?

No.
But then again, do footballers who have never played in the World Cup or the UEFA Champions League know more about the game then those who play in League 1 or the lower part of the Premier League?

Of course they dont...
Football aint hard to grasp and neither is TribalWars.

Another problem with the thread, is the fact that, while every point is being addressed by each poster, no one is listening to eachother. Each person just says the same thing that has been said 10 pages ago.

This is a fair post.
Cant argue with it.

What i think the main problem is, is that certain posters here are so stubborn and arrogant that they absolutely WILL NOT listen to anyone elses opinion.
They instead pick their posts and mine apart, whilst not actually discussing the topic. :icon_confused:

Loads of posters here have started that im wrong?, but few have given their view what is actually harder, like the thread is titled.

But ofcourse, this is just MY opinion, which im entitled to have.
Anyone else wanna post why start-up is harder for a change, and let others debate with them or...?

@ Wardyuc.

I have never started im good at start-up.
Im good at Late game, very good... start-up im still learning.

Late game i was consistently in the top 5 fastest growing players on UK2, as well as losing only 2 war villages in 15 months, whilst being at one time 1/2 frontline under considerable attack for many months.
Certain players around me used to call me 'snipe city' as they found it incredibly difficult to take a village off me, so much so that towards the end, they gave up even trying to attack me.

I know about Late game, enough to last on any world and be competitive, if i so choose to.

Start-up, im very much still learning and i regularly ask players like Nauz for advice, as i do wanna improve it.
But, in 10 days on this world, i got LC in about 40 hours and ill have nobles in about 35 hours from now.
Not great but its far above the average player on this world and this is MY SECOND only start-up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Its certainly not easy.

Where Late game farming might not be 'hard' as such, it is definitely more soul destroying, tiresome and tedious, compared to start-up farming.

No.
But then again, do footballers who have never played in the World Cup or the UEFA Champions League know more about the game then those who play in League 1 or the lower part of the Premier League?

Of course they dont...

This is a fair post.
Cant argue with it.

What i think the main problem is, is that certain posters here are so stubborn and arrogant that they absolutely WILL NOT listen to anyone elses opinion.
They instead pick their posts and mine apart, whilst not actually discussing the topic. :icon_confused:

Loads of posters here have started that im wrong?, but few have given their view what is actually harder, like the thread is titled.

Anyone else wanna post why start-up is harder for a change, and let others debate with them or...?

I'm not really where you were going with the football reference. If you are not good at a huge part of any game, how can you claim to be "good" at the game. If you want to reference football, then if you are good at throwing but not receiving you need someone else to do it for you. Same with tribalwars, which is why many ppl use coplayers. But if you are good at both start up and late game, then you would be considered a good player. If you are only good at late game, then you would be considered a tier 2 or 3 player. Aka, mediocre. It is similar to a QB saying that receiving is easier than passing, even though he cant do it.

DeletedUser1511

Its certainly not easy.

No.

Of course they dont...

This is a fair post.
Cant argue with it.

@ Wardyuc.

I have never started im good at start-up.
Im good at Late game, very good... start-up im still learning.

Late game i was consistently in the top 5 fastest growing players on UK2, as well as losing only 2 war villages in 15 months, whilst being at one time 1/2 frontline under considerable attack for many months.
Certain players around me used to call me 'snipe city' as they found it incredibly difficult to take a village off me, so much so that towards the end, they gave up even trying to attack me.

I know about Late game, enough to last on any world and be competitive, if i so choose to.

Start-up, im very much still learning and i regularly ask players like Nauz for advice, as i do wanna improve it.
But, in 10 days on this world, i got LC in about 40 hours and ill have nobles in about 35 hours from now.
Not great but its far above the average player on this world and this is MY SECOND only start-up.

Ok you seem to refer to yourself as a very good late game player.
What exactly in startup eludes you.
You claim to knowhow to farm.
You claim to be able to defend well
You claim to know to snipe
You claim to know how to attack.
If you play lategame you must know how to build up village.
That is startup, you stated to me (unless you were lying) that you have a coplayer, so activity is not an issue.
What is there to learn about startup exactly ?
If you are half the player you claim to be you would be good at startup since it is after all "easier" than lategame and you are very good at lategame.

Please state what it is that a "very good" lategame player like yourself cannot understand about startup play, or what he has yet to "learn":icon_neutral:

Status
Not open for further replies.