Start up vs Late game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Just as easy as at start up, bookmark farming is the way. But the point about large late game accounts, is that farming is less important. If you have 500 villages, all built, producing max resources every day, its enough to not require the need to farm.

Farming is different late game.

Late game is easier than start up from what I remember.

That's a fail statement.

If you don't farm at late-game, and you play against some of the players who I played with at late-game on UK4 (for example) they'd outgrow and demolish you in time.

Farming is just as important in late-game to maintain a high rank. If you want to play competitively, you NEED to farm at late-game.

DeletedUser

That's a fail statement.

If you don't farm at late-game, and you play against some of the players who I played with at late-game on UK4 (for example) they'd outgrow and demolish you in time.

Farming is just as important in late-game to maintain a high rank. If you want to play competitively, you NEED to farm at late-game.

I'm playing late game on UK2, and I'm happy staying in the top 20 of the world, but ranks mean nothing to me, I play because I like playing, not to obtain goals.

You say my statement is fail, I personally rarely farm, because my account is well organised, and runs itself. I don't need to farm.

DeletedUser

I'm playing late game on UK2, and I'm happy staying in the top 20 of the world, but ranks mean nothing to me, I play because I like playing, not to obtain goals.

You say my statement is fail, I personally rarely farm, because my account is well organised, and runs itself. I don't need to farm.

Farming is necessary to play competitively at late-game. If you choose not to aim for rank 1, that is your choice. But that means those that farm and overtake you in ranks will be better players than you. Because they'll be bigger and therefore do more damage.

Check UK4 plunderer records to see how devoted some REAL late-game players can be. They represent real talent at late-game. E.g. morning star's plunders.

DeletedUser

Farming is necessary to play competitively at late-game. If you choose not to aim for rank 1, that is your choice. But that means those that farm and overtake you in ranks will be better players than you. Because they'll be bigger and therefore do more damage.

Check UK4 plunderer records to see how devoted some REAL late-game players can be. They represent real talent at late-game. E.g. morning star.

:lol: Just because I choose not to farm, doesnt mean those that do are better than me.

Besides, I'm a noob and know nothing :lol:

Its a game, don't take it so seriously man :lol:

fishing is so easy on here :lol:

DeletedUser

:lol: Just because I choose not to farm, doesnt mean those that do are better than me.

Besides, I'm a noob and know nothing :lol:

Its a game, don't take it so seriously man :lol:

fishing is so easy on here :lol:

Unfortunately at late-game, farming is key between excellence and "average". I'd rather have excellence over average, and I'm sure you agree?

DeletedUser

Unfortunately at late-game, farming is key between excellence and "average". I'd rather have excellence over average, and I'm sure you agree?

I'd rather enjoy than worry about being the best.

I like fishing.:lol:

DeletedUser

I'd rather enjoy than worry about being the best.

I like fishing.:lol:

Clearly. But we are comparing being top-10 at startup with top-10 at lategame. Not your non-competitive and "average" gameplay.

Playing non-competitively is easy at all stages of the game, not just late-game.

By your logic, what would be the point of being rank 1 at startup, for that matter?

Even a noob can play non-competitively at startup and get by. Same applies at late-game.

We are comparing competitive players only, not noobs, tyvm.

DeletedUser

Clearly. But we are comparing being top-10 at startup with top-10 at lategame. Not your non-competitive gameplay.

Playing non-competitively is easy at all stages of the game, not just late-game.

By your logic, what would be the point of being rank 1 at startup, for that matter?

Exactly. :lol:

I'll just recast my lure. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

If it takes a lot of time for you to farm in the late game, then you do not know how to perform late game farming correctly.
If you farm in the late game with small parties of troops, then you not only do not know how to farm in the late game correctly and on top of that need to get a life.

I farmed with 250 villas today, I send a set of bookmarks whereby a barb's resource generation per 12 hours was mapped via a modified SRE script and and the bookmark sends the appropriate amount of LC/axes/HC/spears is sent to that barb to collect an efficient haul of all the res that barb generated in the last 12 hours (in terms of lc, ranges from 500 to 2500, depends on the pits on that barb)
I run such a set of bookmarks twice a day.

Thats all there is to it, it takes a few minutes, I've tasted the poisoned chalice of numero uno beyond 150 or so villas about 4 times since I adopted that method for late game farming (admittedly one of them was in an hp world).

Reading the offal offered by poor players flaunting their flawed theories about the late game is just bad for one's faith in the community.

Being rank 1 in one world and nowhere else is not a big deal, being such in a .uk world is an even smaller deal. Being bad at start up automatically excludes one from being a great player just like being bad at late game does.
And considering yourself "elite" just paints you as a deluded waste of oxygen. There is no such thing as an "elite" in a text based game played on an internet browser.

At the guy asking whether its harder to to farm with 10 villas than it is with 500, its an easy answer, 10 villages every time. Lot of reasons, do you want me to elaborate on all of them ?
Theyre related to efficiency, farming being done as a continuous process as troops are made in the villages all the time (whereby in late game troops are always present until theyre used up all at once and then rebuilt), the difficulty in relying on bookmarks at that stage, there are a lot of reasons why farming with 10 villages is harder than 500 village farming, the volume and scale does not effect the intelligent farmer, the mechanics of farming does.

I couldn't really decide whether early game is harder than late game but one is at much more of a constant risk, so it is definitely is more exciting, no doubt about that, people who try and debate that point just haven't had a fun time in early game yet. Also people have to stop bragging about staying up to time late ops, everyone does it, people stay up to time in early game conflicts as well. If anything you need less commitment to play late game because there isn't as much of a need for constant attention (outside of defending).

And who the hell thinks its an achievement to last under 4 figure attacks, try having 20K incomings, half of which are real and a quarter of which are catapults.

DeletedUser

I farmed with 250 villas today, I send a set of bookmarks whereby a barb's resource generation per 12 hours was mapped via a modified SRE script and and the bookmark sends the appropriate amount of LC/axes/HC/spears is sent to that barb to collect an efficient haul of all the res that barb generated in the last 12 hours (in terms of lc, ranges from 500 to 2500, depends on the pits on that barb)

I take it that wasnt on uk as i would guess that would be classed as an illegal script?

DeletedUser

I take it that wasnt on uk as i would guess that would be classed as an illegal script?

bookmarks are legal everywhere and the script was used only to determine the number of troops to send in the original run that the bookmark is made of, you can replace the script with a calculator if you want.

But it wouldnt be classed as an illegal script in uk.

DeletedUser

bookmarks are legal everywhere and the script was used only to determine the number of troops to send in the original run that the bookmark is made of, you can replace the script with a calculator if you want.

But it wouldnt be classed as an illegal script in uk.

Really, I took it that the script was amending the bookmark for the number of troops that is needed to be sent, I always understood the bookmarks to be attack again with same troops link, didn't know you could modify the number of troops to send via the bookmarked link.

Sounds like a cool script is it a personal one or available somewhere?

sorry for going slightly ot.

DeletedUser

If it takes a lot of time for you to farm in the late game, then you do not know how to perform late game farming correctly.

It certainly takes more effort to Late game farm, then start-up.
Simple as that.

And what...?
You have your own system set up that is basically the same as what everyone else does?

Congratulations.

Being rank 1 in one world and nowhere else is not a big deal, being such in a .uk world is an even smaller deal. Being bad at start up automatically excludes one from being a great player just like being bad at late game does.
And considering yourself "elite" just paints you as a deluded waste of oxygen. There is no such thing as an "elite" in a text based game played on an internet browser.

Being ranked one anywhere, whether your the ranked #1 in TribalWars or ranked #1 in Pigeon breeding, is still an achievement.

Even then, whats with the .uk bashing?
If this .uk vs .net contest does go ahead, ill show you personally how good .uk players are. :icon_wink:

At the guy asking whether its harder to to farm with 10 villas than it is with 500, its an easy answer, 10 villages every time. Lot of reasons, do you want me to elaborate on all of them ?

Thats me, the 'to the guy'.

Oh, ofcourse... your correct there, rofl.
10 village farming is sooooo much harder then 500. :icon_rolleyes:

Please elaborate.
Ill await your reply.

And who the hell thinks its an achievement to last under 4 figure attacks, try having 20K incomings, half of which are real and a quarter of which are catapults.

Ive had to endure near 10k incomings sent, more then likely via a bot (unproven, but far to regular to be a player) on occasion before.
A huge amount were nukes...
What happened?
The player doing the attack lost a few villages and was catted to smithereens by me and then he quit.

Its VERY VERY easy to endure five figure incomings, if you know how to. :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

Pervis, please stop posting illogical BS like how farming with 10 villages is harder than farming with 500 villages.

Please. Preserve what little scrap of logic you have left.

I use the term "elite" to describe certain good players. Stop being a moany sod.

DeletedUser8385

probably my last post in this merry go round of arguments, this is my first core startup ever :D i have always started up more rimside until now. maybe its just the uk server, maybe its the world but im not having much in the way of issues. startup and late game are not so different from one another, i just feel limited during startup.

DeletedUser

It certainly takes more effort to Late game farm, then start-up.
Simple as that.

No, it does not. Simple as that ? Have you been a top player at both stages ? If you have, you can run a comparison, if you haven't you cannot because you do not know how to farm very well in start up if you haven't attained high rank multiple times at start up.

If you cannot be competent at both levels, then you cannot contrast both levels effectively, and you cannot argue the difficulty of one side over another.

A poor start up player cannot state that late game is more difficult than start up, just as a poor late game player cannot state vice versa.
Are you a competent start up player ? (thats a genuine question, I don't know you).
If so, what are your credentials to support the claim of you being competent at start up ?

And what...?
You have your own system set up that is basically the same as what everyone else does?

Congratulations.

And I show that my way of farming completely outperforms the ways of farming talked about in this thread late game (i.e that garbage about groups of 100 lc or 100 HC) simply by virtue of the fact that I outperformed those taunting such farming techniques.
I additionally showed that farming in late game is simple as, and doesn't take very long. Farming in late game is infact very easy. And by farming I mean the sort of farming that allows you to expand faster than anyone else on the server.

You see you need to read the thread, and then figuere out the various aspects and comments on the thread I'm responding to to take my post into context, before replying to me and looking like an imbecile who should read before posting.

Being ranked one anywhere, whether your the ranked #1 in TribalWars or ranked #1 in Pigeon breeding, is still an achievement.

Even then, whats with the .uk bashing?
If this .uk vs .net contest does go ahead, ill show you personally how good .uk players are. :icon_wink:

No being rank 1 in one world, is as never as impressive as being rank 1 in multiple worlds and at multiple stages of the game. If being rank 1 is an achievement, then being rank 1 in one world is a minor, small time achievement, and being rank 1 multiple times and stages is a bigger more important achievement.
And if the argument given is completely based on the poster's credibility built on advertising the minor achievement, as the arguments that I was referring to was, then its a laughable argument because that sort of minor achievement does not, in the eyes of people with standards of success in the game, offer much credibility.

As for the level of skill in uk, are you blind? When .co.uk moderators, ig staff, elder mods, elder ig staff and even admins at different places and posts (including in the co.uk forum) state that .uk has a lower standard of playing than .net does (thar said something similar in the first page of the .co.uk thread), Nauz, elder mod in uk, said so plenty of times in this thread, lots of other examples of this. Then why the hell would anyone take a small time player like you seriously when you beat your chest about the comparative skill of .uk ?

And bragging about stuff you would do to me in the future just makes you look like an ass. Cross that bridge when you get to it, little man.
If .uk vs .net does happen, and somehow uk's standards are low enough to actually include you (btw I would love to hear prominent .uk reps such as Nauz's take on your eligibility to be on the team), then we'll see how long you last outside of your little backwater pond.

Thats me, the 'to the guy'.

Oh, ofcourse... your correct there, rofl.
10 village farming is sooooo much harder then 500. :icon_rolleyes:

Please elaborate.
Ill await your reply.

Mmmmm, of course I'm correct.
If you are at the 10 village stage, chances are the villages you are nobling are not fully built, you do not have enough resource income to cover the costs of construction and troop training and you have to set up farming in scenario where your farming capacity is increasing by a viable percentage every day (i.e find new farms to employ your new farming capacity) and at the same time your are competing with other players for your farming income, losses of troops hit your account harder (due to being a smaller account) and you need to factor the loss of farming capacity into your method. All told, your account is a lot less stable, your area is a lot less stable, bookmarks need to be changed and updated a lot more often in order to remain efficient.

Comparatively with 500 villages, the only reason to farm is to mint more coins or store more packages, fixed resource income covers yours troop training and construction costs, there are less players in the world and less players per area so less farming competition, your account is much more stable and farming capacity neither increase nor decreases by very much short of a massive loss of troops or 8-14 days after nobling a large number of villas at once (i.e the various times taken to fill out a l30 farm at various server speeds).

Quite frankly that you would think farming with 500 villas is more difficult is just reflective of poor knowledge of the game by you. So what if there are more villages to farm with ? You just replicate the same very simple, very easy to set up arrangements across a large number of villas, anyone can do it with ease.

Ive had to endure near 10k incomings sent, more then likely via a bot (unproven, but far to regular to be a player) on occasion before.
A huge amount were nukes...
What happened?
The player doing the attack lost a few villages and was catted to smithereens by me and then he quit.

Its VERY VERY easy to endure five figure incomings, if you know how to. :icon_cool:

Again you are advised to read the thread consider its various posts and consider what I'm responding to before making an ass out of yourself.

That part of my post addressed this :

I challenge you Nauzhror, to withstand incomings in quadruple figures for days on end, facing up to nukes, nobles, fanged fakes, the works. I challenge you to try defending your account with little or no tribal support.

But in true pattern to your previous posts, you make a laughingstock out of yourself by backing up a flawed point with a bad example.

read what you wrote :

Are you honestly bragging about successfully defending attacks sent from ONE player :lol: :lol: :lol:

How does that not reinforce the idea in my head that you people are small timers with a small amount of success who let it go to your head and now consider yourself very very good.

Who the hell can't defend against one attacker in the late game ?

I'm talking in terms of being targeted by a tribe in a coordinated ops and you are talking in terms of one guy using a bot to send a lot of attacks at you.

@ Adellion : Either attempt to contribute or slither back to your sewer. Not that the garbage you have posted thus far in this thread, which i have responded to in earlier pages can be considered contributions.

@ Mods : I hope there is enough information regarding start up vs late game mechanics in my post to pass your on topic filters.

DeletedUser

No, it does not. Simple as that ? Have you been a top player at both stages ?

Does it matter whether im a 'top' player or a normal player.
Just because im not in the core, haven't got 30, 300+ plus point barbs to choose from, nor do i have to tag-team against everyone who 'might'' be a threat, dont mean im not a 'top' player or know how to play this game.

I KNOW how to farm.
I KNOW the uses of troops and their respective haulage.
I KNOW how set up bookmarks and radial farm everything in my area.

Theres too many so called 'top players' who in reality aint that good.
Im not one of YOUR cliquey 'top players' nor would i ever wanna be. :)

Are you a competent start up player ? (thats a genuine question, I don't know you).
If so, what are your credentials to support the claim of you being competent at start up ?

Im a VERY feared and respected Late game player on the world im from.
Ive started well enough on this world.

How many so-called start-up players have failed to start-up?
How many on this world alone who havent started as well as they would have liked to?

Im guessing quite alot.

I additionally showed that farming in late game is simple as, and doesn't take very long. Farming in late game is infact very easy. And by farming I mean the sort of farming that allows you to expand faster than anyone else on the server.

You see you need to read the thread, and then figuere out the various aspects and comments on the thread I'm responding to to take my post into context, before replying to me and looking like an imbecile who should read before posting.

Just because YOU choose to do things differently, does it make things right?
Theres so many ways to do things 'correctly' in this game, thats theres very rarely a right or wrong way.
But your uncontrollable arrogance suggests that you think that your always right...
Its not the case, not at all.

Theres many ways to farm.
Each person chooses how they want to play and what they believe is right for them.

No being rank 1 in one world, is as never as impressive as being rank 1 in multiple worlds and at multiple stages of the game. If being rank 1 is an achievement, then being rank 1 in one world is a minor, small time achievement, and being rank 1 multiple times and stages is a bigger more important achievement.

Ofcourse, but how can you say that being rank 1, on just one world in not an achievement in itself?
You dont know the circumstances of that world, how busy the player is, what role they have on that world, how much time they can commit or how much time that they WANT to commit.

Again your assuming that everyone is 19, in college, nothing better to do then play this game, with their many co-players, then actually do other things in their life.
This aint always the case.

As for the level of skill in uk, are you blind? When .co.uk moderators, ig staff, elder mods, elder ig staff and even admins at different places and posts (including in the co.uk forum) state that .uk has a lower standard of playing than .net does (thar said something similar in the first page of the .co.uk thread), Nauz, elder mod in uk, said so plenty of times in this thread, lots of other examples of this. Then why the hell would anyone take a small time player like you seriously when you beat your chest about the comparative skill of .uk ?

I dont care if the creators of TribalWars itself has stated that .uk is lower in apparent standards.
With saying what you have, you have just insulted several thousand paying customers of this game - People who keep this game going.

But again the 'mighty and all knowing' Pervis has spoken, i guess that we're not allowed to speak, but we have to listen to your so called wisdom? :icon_rolleyes:

I KNOW how to play this game, inside and out and so does anyone else whos played this game for more then 3 weeks and has half an ability to learn.

I KNOW that theres some very good .uk players out there.
I KNOW that theres some very poor .net players out there.

Simple as.

Quite frankly that you would think farming with 500 villas is more difficult is just reflective of poor knowledge of the game by you. So what if there are more villages to farm with ? You just replicate the same very simple, very easy to set up arrangements across a large number of villas, anyone can do it with ease.

Its nothing about knowledge.
Its game mechanics.
You can only send 5 attacks per second.
There-fore you can only send so many farm runs/attacks per minute/hour/day/week and so on.

Farming off 10 villages takes x amount of time.
Farming off 500 takes ALOT more then x amount of time.

Which makes it all the more harder, if you count that you could be under heavy attack, running a tribe, washing your car, building a treehouse or what ever.

Am i wrong?

And bragging about stuff you would do to me in the future just makes you look like an ass. Cross that bridge when you get to it, little man.
If .uk vs .net does happen, and somehow uk's standards are low enough to actually include you (btw I would love to hear prominent .uk reps such as Nauz's take on your eligibility to be on the team), then we'll see how long you last outside of your little backwater pond.

Lol.
Am i getting to you?

This is a game, that i pay for with money i earn in real life.
I dont need anyone to tell me how good i am, or what i know.

I pay for this game.
I play where i want.
I play how i want.
I post what i want, as long as its not insulting.

I DO WHAT I WANT.

The yet to be announced selectors of this .uk vs .net game are gonna be the same clique of players who you know.
They are gonna choose their little friends and little suck-ups.
They wont choose fair teams based on the best of .uk or the best of .net, its gonna be the same names as you see in everyone of YOUR premades.

I wish that it'd be different, but this game is VERY cliquey and ill end up being proved right.
Trust me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Dont include me in that Pervie, I'm a noob that knows nothing, but enjoys playing and fishing.

(casts lure again)

DeletedUser

Farming takes a greater x amount of time late-game...well, at last if you still send 100lc for some reason >.>

Ive never understood why that is considered to suddenly be harder, it consumes much more time, yea, but timeconsuming things are generally not hard, just boring :|

First saying that farming is a talent, then changing it to just timeconsuming and no form of skill in late-game, then meaning that farming is all there is to it in late-game (so i think i read). Bah, my head hurts.

The Top 10 player accounts in a world is normally so big late-game that it is a huge gap just from the 1st and 3rd, trying to challenge someone in a 1 vs 1 late-game fight is, if you cant get two same-sized accounts, just stupid (consider the possibility that someone finds two players giving away 2 eve-sized accounts near each other. I recomend the challenger to find two accounts like that if he insist on a duel) :/

I would probably have alot to say here, but i found out about this conversation a lilbit to late >.>

Ambra Cadabra *poff*, back into lurking once every second week.

DeletedUser

So it looks to me like the only arguing point thus far in the thread is that Farming with 500 villages=more time consuming=harder?

So if I told you to dig a hole with a spoon instead of a shovel, that makes it more difficult? It doesn't, it makes it take longer. That is not nearly the same thing.

Another problem with the thread, is the fact that, while every point is being addressed by each poster, no one is listening to eachother. Each person just says the same thing that has been said 10 pages ago.

Finally, if you have not had early success in start up how can you claim to know the ins and outs of the tribal wars game? If you have not done well in start up yet HAVE done well in late game, what does that say to you? That says late game is HARDER? Wouldnt, by simple logic, that mean late game is EASIER? Correct me if I am wrong but no one purposely does badly at the beginning because its too easy....

Status
Not open for further replies.