State of the World

• Thread starter DeletedUser6951
  • Start date

DeletedUser589

wow, just wow!
Everyone in the world had the chance to vote and voice their opinion. Everyone that wanted to vote, did and the outcome was there was a small margin of people who voted 'Yes' Whilst only a small margin it was still a majority.
Even though this was the outcome to a 50% proposed reduction, Tracey decided that the majority wasnt large enough to warrant a straight drop so suggested a staggered reduction to ensure that those who voted no still felt their voice had been heard...

So people came out and rightly asked questions, because lets be honest Tracey wasnt very clear in what the outcome was going to be! And now because of the question and certain people claiming it was unfair, Tracey has once again gone back on her word.

IMO all this whole process has done is show to me that Tracey hasnt got a clue whats going on! How many times can one person keep going back on their word and decisions, its ridiculous.

Both Templars and marek made some very good points just now:

I have to say I think for the next poll itshould go to the majority verdict, rather than the majority of the world. Seems fair that everyone has the opportunity to vote and be counted. I then think, based on the % success (if it is) they should propose a system that reflects this (similar to what was going to be done)

Perhaps we should also look at the fact that how can 50% of world one not be bothered to vote on a issue so important as reduced cost of nobles?
Those that didnt bother to vote obviously are not playing this game in any sort of serious level.

And finally as shareware said... Its a shambles!!!! Absolute shambles!! Why yesterday where you prepared to recognise the 204 whov oted no, but now not prepared to recognise the 212 that voted yes?? Why is our vote less important? The staggered reduction was the best solution, you just needed to be clearer Tracey. Shambles!!!!

Will now be interesting to see what impact this has on the UK server, im hearing a lot of people (non W1N) on skype saying this has made them lose faith in the TW staff, including those who voted no

DeletedUser

What i dont get is why it would only be recognised if 66% of the population voted surely it should just have been the majority wins it if people are to lazy to cast a vote then they obviously dont give a rats ass either way

As a no voter and the result been very close i also thought the stepped reduction was a fair outcome but its even baffled me why they have now gone and scrapped the idea completely seems very unfair to the majority yes vote to me

DeletedUser

What i dont get is why it would only be recognised if 66% of the population voted surely it should just have been the majority wins it if people are to lazy to cast a vote then they obviously dont give a rats ass either way

As a no voter and the result been very close i also thought the stepped reduction was a fair outcome but its even baffled me why they have now gone and scrapped the idea completely seems very unfair to the majority yes vote to me

Where's the like button? :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Interesting outcome. I will say I think it would be bette to stagger the decline in costs if the votes are very close.

DeletedUser

Interesting outcome. I will say I think it would be bette to stagger the decline in costs if the votes are very close.

Well we'll see how the vote goes but it's interesting to think that due to the reaction this time, 50% nobles could be in play much sooner than anticipated.

DeletedUser

Guys stop winging. You all winged when Tracey said it would happen so we were given the chance to vote. The no votes lost so now you winge about the system. Why not complain during the vote if you felt it was unfair?
Stop winging about it, it's done so let's just concentrate on moving forward

Good point!!!! I see you are taking your own advice.:)

DeletedUser

The Biggest problem was that the people who didn`t vote had there vote counted as a no ( in reality ).
" I'll now take the first poll results as voted. It didn't meet the requirements for a noble reduction. (Too few voters.) Therefore the result is clear: The reduction of the costs for noblemen was rejected."
If the vote had been 300 yes and 100 no it still would not have gone through. not enough people voting.( therefor the votes not being cast are counted as no`s )
why are their votes not counted as yes`s ? even better their non votes should be null and void and the % of the actual votes should have been taken.
now another vote ! a total shambles.
Tracey how about if you just let me buy nobles with PP. I`m fed up with all this voting guff. Its been done. you don`t need to do it again.
In the past TW have changed the rules as they see fit without us voting on anything so why all the voting now ? you can now send all troops to their death while an account is being internalled. that used to be wrong but the rules got changed without a vote.

DeletedUser

The world was given enough time to vote and more people voted yes than those who voted no. Simple ...

Not quite, read the rules. You lost and no doubt hassled Tracey into a compromise that somehow was withdrawn when the noes had a lead.

DeletedUser

How about a vote (yes another) to change the name of the game to "Turtle Wars", as thats the way it's going unless cheaper nobles are introduced.

Oh and even that vote would probably fail too :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser1942

Not quite, read the rules. You lost and no doubt hassled Tracey into a compromise that somehow was withdrawn when the noes had a lead.

How did Luke lose???

Yes he wants cheaper nobles etc - but for crying out aloud, theres many others who want cheaper nobles!

Cheaper nobles will without doubt speed the world along. I know why a lot of you dont want that, its because you'd be taken out with so much ease. Then, when you have been taken out - you will no longer be able to continue your fascination with W1N.

Lets get the world sped up, and get rid of the narbs (orc) so that we can start playing against some decent players, players who may actually observe the "war" aspect this game has.

DeletedUser

your right because more people wanted cheaper nobles than didn`t want cheaper nobles.end of story

DeletedUser

Would just like to say, thankyou to Tracey for putting the effort in to deliver fair and democratic options and throughout the whole process trying to do what was right, I think you handled everything fine, no criticism here.

Unfortunatly this just shows the true colours of the community, which frankly is ******* pathetic.. You have twisted and turned everything that Tracey has said, when all she has try to do is enable us to choose what WE want from the game. Instead of gratitude she has received nothing but stick from everyone. People need to get a grip.

She NEVER guaranteed anything, she tried to remain flexible so that she could best enable us to choose our own path in what we wanted. Yet instead of realising she was actually giving us control, everyone turned it into her lack of direction? Just shows that the majority of you really are unable to think for yourselves and act in a reasonable manner, and you have proven that the community is unable to guide itself, that it needs to be dictated and told how you will play your game in future. Well done everyone.. pathetic. Don't complain when the staff make a decision in future which you disagree with, because you just sacrificed your right to have a say.

And this is aimed at people on all sides of the argument.

DeletedUser2961

Would just like to say, thankyou to Tracey for putting the effort in to deliver fair and democratic options and throughout the whole process trying to do what was right, I think you handled everything fine, no criticism here.

Unfortunatly this just shows the true colours of the community, which frankly is ******* pathetic.. You have twisted and turned everything that Tracey has said, when all she has try to do is enable us to choose what WE want from the game. Instead of gratitude she has received nothing but stick from everyone. People need to get a grip.

She NEVER guaranteed anything, she tried to remain flexible so that she could best enable us to choose our own path in what we wanted. Yet instead of realising she was actually giving us control, everyone turned it into her lack of direction? Just shows that the majority of you really are unable to think for yourselves and act in a reasonable manner, and you have proven that the community is unable to guide itself, that it needs to be dictated and told how you will play your game in future. Well done everyone.. pathetic. Don't complain when the staff make a decision in future which you disagree with, because you just sacrificed your right to have a say.

And this is aimed at people on all sides of the argument.

Tracey twisted and turned everything she said herself, without any assistance from anybody. I refer to my previous post and Traceys first statement.......

Originally Posted by Tracey
We are following the same rules as .net for noble cost reduction these being:~

< 1000 for 0.5
< 500 for 0.333

DeletedUser

Proportional representation

Looking at the depth of discussion here I think there are a few good candidates for the Liberal Democrats.

They are trying to explain a very complex form of voting at the moment and you guys seem to understand voting from pretty much every angle!!!!

For what its worth the rules should be set up before the game started. The players that are pushing for a change will be experiencing the slow grind of waiting for nobles whilst having hundreds of easy targets lined up along their frontlines - this is not ideal. This makes this part of the game boring. And most importantly it makes any realistic chance of a victory literally years away.
I will not start a new game of TW in its current form, we all play to win but currently there is no win.

There was a theory that at 1000 players it drops to 50% and at 500 players it drops to 30% but this is not in the rules - it is just something that has been done elsewhere. It should be in the rules!

Tracey was caught in the crossfire of argument and tried to be flexible but resulted in being unfair - even skewing the voting system to make it more inclusive (66.67% required to win).

The rules should be static for the duration of the game. But most people can see the rules are not written for this stage of the game. So there has to be some option to repair a broken game. TW management can propose a change and if it gets passed by their criteria then it happens - the last vote failed, they have listened, the next vote may result in change. The fudged proposed incremantal change was just a mistake.

The next vote will settle this.
G