State of the World

• Thread starter DeletedUser6951
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Not quite, read the rules. You lost and no doubt hassled Tracey into a compromise that somehow was withdrawn when the noes had a lead.

Shall I explain the workings of a vote?

So you have 100%.

Your have 2 voting options. Yes & No.

People vote.

The Yes option receives 50.01% of the votes.

The No option receives 49.99% of the votes.

The winning option would be the one holding MORE of the % in this case the 50.01% voting YES.

But because someone cannot figure the simple mechanics of a 100% vote it was a complete shambles and led to many disgruntled people.

The way it has worked is that the option that polled the least votes won, I wonder if Labour would have preferred the UK1 TW voting system in the last General Election?

DeletedUser

Shall I explain the workings of a vote?

So you have 100%.

Your have 2 voting options. Yes & No.

People vote.

The Yes option receives 50.01% of the votes.

The No option receives 49.99% of the votes.

The winning option would be the one holding MORE of the % in this case the 50.01% voting YES.

But because someone cannot figure the simple mechanics of a 100% vote it was a complete shambles and led to many disgruntled people.

The way it has worked is that the option that polled the least votes won, I wonder if Labour would have preferred the UK1 TW voting system in the last General Election?

WHAT part of 66.67 % OR even 50% OF PLAYERS voting do you NOT get!!!

Thank you Tracey and hats off to you for putting up with so much baloney.

Funny how things are all great and hunky dory as long as they 'thought' they were getting all they wanted. Now all of sudden the mods don't know what they are doing, besides the rest of the 'no' voters.

GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Before you start on me,,,,take a good look at how many of you 'wingers' are all from the same tribe NOW who is 'anti-' Sheesh,,,,this is sooooo hypocritical! You all should be ashamed of yourselves. First you jump any one who is against what YOU want,,,,and now again,,,because things turned,,,you still can't be happy. WAIT your 3 months for next vote,,,,or QUIT!!!!! Either way,,,,SHUT UP already!!!! What is done is done! Let it rest!

The mods put in a lot of time and energy to please as many as possible,,,so what if Tracey made a mistake or confused things a bit,,,,Ya all have NO IDEA what she is going through in REAL LIFE, let alone putting up with so much hot air, and complaining day in and day out over petty issues. ,,,GOD FORBID any of the rest you should make a mistake!!!

Take a good look at your behavior,,,and try reading your posts past and present from a different stand point. Talk about a 'squeeky wheel' that REFUSES to be greased!!!!! No WONDER so many players REFUSE to read these external forums or even for that matter pay attention to votes,,,,your behaviour is that of a two yr throwing temper tantrums because you can't have your way 99.9% of the time.

Ya all are an embarrasement to the gaming community! Sadly I allowed myself to be dragged right down into the mire as well. For that Tracey and Mod,,,I do apologize!

DeletedUser

Funny how things are all great and hunky dory as long as they 'thought' they were getting all they wanted. Now all of sudden the mods don't know what they are doing, besides the rest of the 'no' voters.

GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Before you start on me,,,,take a good look at how many of you 'wingers' are all from the same tribe NOW who is 'anti-' Sheesh,,,,this is sooooo hypocritical! You all should be ashamed of yourselves. First you jump any one who is against what YOU want,,,,and now again,,,because things turned,,,you still can't be happy. WAIT your 3 months for next vote,,,,or QUIT!!!!! Either way,,,,SHUT UP already!!!! What is done is done! Let it rest!

The mods put in a lot of time and energy to please as many as possible,,,so what if Tracey made a mistake or confused things a bit,,,,Ya all have NO IDEA what she is going through in REAL LIFE, let alone putting up with so much hot air, and complaining day in and day out over petty issues. ,,,GOD FORBID any of the rest you should make a mistake!!!

Take a good look at your behavior,,,and try reading your posts past and present from a different stand point. Talk about a 'squeeky wheel' that REFUSES to be greased!!!!! No WONDER so many players REFUSE to read these external forums or even for that matter pay attention to votes,,,,your behaviour is that of a two yr throwing temper tantrums because you can't have your way 99.9% of the time.

Ya all are an embarrasement to the gaming community! Sadly I allowed myself to be dragged right down into the mire as well. For that Tracey and Mod,,,I do apologize!

Well said I vote Tracey the best :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

so if 400 had voted yes and 1 had voted no . there still wouldn`t have been cheaper nobles because the proper amount hadn`t voted. The problem is that the people who didn`t vote ( either aren`t playing anymore ,being sat or other reasons ) have had there vote counted as a no vote. you think that is right ?

DeletedUser

so if 400 had voted yes and 1 had voted no . there still wouldn`t have been cheaper nobles because the proper amount hadn`t voted. The problem is that the people who didn`t vote ( either aren`t playing anymore ,being sat or other reasons ) have had there vote counted as a no vote. you think that is right ?

They were counted as NO VOTES as in DID NOT VOTE period!!! NOT ENOUGH VOTED!!! They weren't counted as YES or NO!!! Enough ALREADY!!! SHEESH!!!!

DeletedUser

Falcon, the point is that's still an unfair vote but you're right, it's over with.

I think the compromises proposed by Tracey were fair but due complaints, we now have a definitive vote in May.

This is everyone's chance to vote and have their say and there can be no issue with the result, whatever the outcome.

DeletedUser1942

You say "get a life" - then you go a little rant that includes CAPITAL letters :icon_rolleyes:

Maybe you need to take a step back from the screen, go make a nice coffee, or if old enough open a nice bottle/can of lager - and take 1 great big deep breath.

Right now, thats over with, and now there is less possibility of you having a geart attack - the reason everyone is so unhappy and annoyed by this, is because the Mods have constantly moved the goalposts.

DeletedUser589

They were counted as NO VOTES as in DID NOT VOTE period!!! NOT ENOUGH VOTED!!! They weren't counted as YES or NO!!! Enough ALREADY!!! SHEESH!!!!

Are you confused? That is the whole point!! For some reasons the none voters counted as a no vote. So by your logic the 30% (estimated) of the uk population who didn't vote in the general elections should have been read as labour and therefore they should have won?

I suggest you read up on the mechanics of basic voting and stop getting worked up.
Apparently we are all winging but a few days ago all the no voters were screaming blue murder which is why the goal posts were moved once again.

This debate is over now Tracey has made her decision. Blackfalcon you can now get back to losing :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Are you confused? That is the whole point!! For some reasons the none voters counted as a no vote. So by your logic the 30% (estimated) of the uk population who didn't vote in the general elections should have been read as labour and therefore they should have won?

I suggest you read up on the mechanics of basic voting and stop getting worked up.
Apparently we are all winging but a few days ago all the no voters were screaming blue murder which is why the goal posts were moved once again.

This debate is over now Tracey has made her decision. Blackfalcon you can now get back to losing :icon_wink:

That's not what hes saying though is he. Surely those who didnt vote would be counted as a vote to having to government at all.

DeletedUser589

That's not what hes saying though is he. Surely those who didnt vote would be counted as a vote to having to government at all.

That is what she/he is saying and that's how the vote was created unfortunately.
In the GE those who didn't vote simply don't have a say, that's how the real world works

DeletedUser

Luke posted:
That is what she/he is saying and that's how the vote was created unfortunately.
In the GE those who didn't vote simply don't have a say, that's how the real world works

Marek, you right. That is not what I was saying.

This is my last post on this whole issue. I shall try to explain one last time.

As I see it:

1. 'Had Tracey stated' the 'majority' vote would win,,,,then 'yes' the yes' had the vote, by a really narrow margin. However,,,Tracey did 'NOT' say the 'majority' she said there had to be a x% of VOTERS. Which there was not,,, therefore trying to compromise. Which yes upset 'no' voters because as ya all put it, 1. 'goal posts' were being moved. However,,,unless I am 'gravely' mistaking, the 'no' votes would not have pushed the issue as much ,,,IF the election wasn't changed mid election,,through the forums or otherwise. I am sure thee would have still be grumblings regardless,,,as has been proven by BOTH sides already. But most of the 'serious' game players would have accepted the results.

2. I don't see the 'non' voters as being counted as a 'yes' or 'no',,,because for one thing,,,if the 'non' votes were counted as a 'no' vote,,you know what,,,there would NOT be another vote happening in 3 months! If you take the 49% no and add the '30%' non votes as you put it,,that would make the 'no's as 79%. Therefore would make a 'no cheaper nobles' a landslide win. However that is not what Tracey or any of the TW admin is doing. Due to BOTH SIDES being sooo upset and yes BOTH sides screaming bloody blue murder. Tracey is listening and has arranged another vote in 3 months WITH MAJORITY vote this time!

And Luke,,,in the 'real world' I do know the mechanics of voting. You and a few others seem to be missing the entire point. The first vote was not set up entirely on 'majority' it was set up on 'more than 2/3 of players' voting, which did NOT happen. So Tracey tried to compromise. Which backfired. Hence the 'new' election in 3 months!!! WITH MAJORITY votes to WIN!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Take a chill pill sunshine.

I was not talking about the 66.67% numbnuts, I was talking about how a vote is won or lost. Or do you need me to put it in bold, caps and underlined before you understand BF?

Again a vote is won or lost by having more votes than the other option.

The yes votes outweighed the no votes so technically more people wanted cheaper nobles than those who did not, it is that simple.

Players who did not vote should NOT be counted at all.

DeletedUser

What I get is this vote was biased from the start

It is well documented that polls and survey receive an average of 30-40% response rates - Asking for a 66.67% response rate goes with the probability that the No vote will be the final outcome - thus makes the poll/survey bias towards the No vote

This vote would not stand up to expert scrutiny.

Although this may not have been the intent of those who set up the survey - The outcome remains the same.

DeletedUser

Time to close this thread

Its boring the hell out of me now

Its all the same stuff being said in different words

:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

If it`s so boring then dont read it and dont post simple as that.

DeletedUser

The next vote will be definitive.

Whatever the outcome, no one can have any cause for complaint.

If the world doesn't want cheap nobles, here's the chance to vote and put it all to bed.

See you all in May :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

I read it and posted when it was interesting

Its not Interesting anymore

SO Lets CLOSE THIS THREAD

Voices have been heard and points have been made . Innogames have made thier choice and we have to live with it .

CLOSE

CLOSE

Nothing more to say

DeletedUser

some of us are still interested - so why does it need to close just because u do not wish to read the thread