Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Just a few suggestions I have for the mods to make Speed a better place. If anyone else has other valid suggestions then feel free to post them here too.

My main suggestion is: could the speed rounds be planned a week in advance? I remember back in the day all weekday rounds were planned as one batch and all the weekend rounds were planned in another batch. The reason for this is that it's difficult to 'plan' ahead which rounds I can play in a week and instead have to turn up an hour after the last round finished and hope that the next round is short enough for me to play. Or something along those lines.

I know this would make things much easier for speed tribes since they could plan ahead when all of the members could play.

This would also solve the problem we've had a few times where there hasn't been a current round or any planned rounds

I don't know how setting up a round works, but surely it would be less hassle throughout the week for the mods just to set up a bigger load of rounds rather than setting up a new one every few hours.

I know this change would mean I personally could attend more rounds since I'd know which ones I could and couldn't play, I'm sure plenty of others are in a similar situation.

If the answer is "No" a bit of explanation/clarification would be appreciated. Thanks.

Second suggestion: Please get rid of 100 loyalty noble rounds. Or at least really tone them down. ;)

Edit: If you have nothing to suggest then please don't comment. That means no "your suggestion sounds terrible, yada yada" posts please.

This is to keep spam to a minimum and allow the mods to more easily see legit suggestions from people. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Bro HugZ

Reaction score
how about normal night rounds instead of that speed 100

DeletedUser13227

Suggestions will always be taken in consideration as long as they are backed up by reasons and explanations. This player-admin link will always be kept alive. If this bond breaks then admins will not be able to get feedback from players and the rounds will be different than our preferences and cause the death of the speed server.

DeletedUser

The suggestions thread was shut 'cause people turned the thread into a spam fest. Lisa closed the thread and doesn't take player suggestions into consideration 9/10 times. Feedback consists of people winging and kicking off and not giving the admins any positive feedback when they deserve it. Being a mod/admin is a thankless job.

DeletedUser

The suggestions thread was shut 'cause people turned the thread into a spam fest.

And what are you doing right now?
If you have nothing to suggest then please don't comment.

Another suggestion that's a bit of a wild card; maybe set up a poll with a few sets of new/interesting settings and see which one most people would like to trial? Could end up generating a new favourite and would stop things getting stale. Obviously realistic new settings though. :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Spam = things off topic, my comments are all on topic.

There's been tens of suggestion threads and they've all been closed.

DeletedUser12407

how about normal night rounds instead of that speed 100

push, also push for annihalted, what i saw was positive (didnt read all, sry)

dont know what happened with this nice server, now only 0-3 rounds per week are really good... others just shit. now people wont play that much... but around the cristmas + after new year time some special or at least decent rounds would be nice, i guess most people agree.

DeletedUser10769

My suggestions:

1. Plan rounds further in advance please
2. Why not give 50pp per round instead of 100pp and make there be a prize for more rounds
3. Night rounds: No more rounds below 150 speed and if not that then 100 should be your limit. Also if you have a slow speed can you increase the levels of resources as well similar to what you did for round #1937
4. Can we please have less 100 loyalty rounds and no hauls.
5. More tournaments please :)
6. Experiment with settings a bit more. I have a few ideas of my own

Also I would like to take some time to thank the speed admin/s for all the time you have put in serving this speed community :)

DeletedUser13227

My suggestions:

1. Plan rounds further in advance please
2. Why not give 50pp per round instead of 100pp and make there be a prize for more rounds
3. Night rounds: No more rounds below 150 speed and if not that then 100 should be your limit. Also if you have a slow speed can you increase the levels of resources as well similar to what you did for round #1937
4. Can we please have less 100 loyalty rounds and no hauls.
5. More tournaments please :)
6. Experiment with settings a bit more. I have a few ideas of my own

1. It has been suggested in the first post.
  2. A 4 hours round should not have a reward as big as a 48 hours round.
  3. Slow rounds have good hauls despite starting with 0 mines. You should explain why you want faster rounds at night.
  4. Raised 100 loyalty no haul rounds give opportunity to late game players have fun as when you start with 26 points less players get to the noble stage which is detrimental to their entertainment. Speed must not be all about clicking same spot for 4 hours.
  5. Suggest them and bring reasons.
  6. Suggest them too. You can either post here and let the idea be debated or have a private conversation with the mod if you feel ashamed by it.

-Bro HugZ

Reaction score
cuz 100-200 speed rounds are just boring, and noone plays them cuz they suck

there you have your explaination

DeletedUser12407

My suggestions:

1. yup
2. yup
3. yup
4. no, get skilled PLS
5. would also say no, if there are some at winter and maybe summer and eastern or something is enough, otherwise boring and too much and BORING
6. which ideas ?! i got no in this case

Also I would like to take some time to thank the speed admin/s for all the time you have put in serving this speed community :)

yo bitches

DeletedUser

My suggestions:

Bit cheesy but have to second that.

- I like the 50pp round idea, but maybe a better option (as Kenny suggested) would be to have 50pp for some shorter rounds and 100pp for some of the longer ones.
- Point 6 kinda reiterates my idea of polling for new round settings.
-Kenny, 100 loyalty rounds don't really give anybody any fun. It's not late-game if you can get nobled in 1 hit. Standard Raised rounds are there for the end-game players, and they're much more enjoyable in my opinion compared to 100 loyalty.

DeletedUser12407

both variants are better than 90% of the rounds.

also 85% have no idea how to play, so before this hasnt changed there is no reason to stop them.

to me it gives fun, always easy win :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser10769

1. It has been suggested in the first post.
  2. A 4 hours round should not have a reward as big as a 48 hours round.
  3. Slow rounds have good hauls despite starting with 0 mines. You should explain why you want faster rounds at night.
  4. Raised 100 loyalty no haul rounds give opportunity to late game players have fun as when you start with 26 points less players get to the noble stage which is detrimental to their entertainment. Speed must not be all about clicking same spot for 4 hours.
  5. Suggest them and bring reasons.
  6. Suggest them too. You can either post here and let the idea be debated or have a private conversation with the mod if you feel ashamed by it.
1. Yes I did see it had already been posted. However more players mentioning it should make a bigger impact
2. My 50pp suggestion was more focused on those 4 hour rounds rather than rounds that are longer e.g 48 hours I agree with you though obviously
3. Slower rounds are boring. Have you played them before :icon_rolleyes: Speed between 150-250 is fine. 100 on the odd occasion with higher mines which reduces how slow it is initially
4. I asked for less not to get rid of it as you are implying. Speed must be about variety and we have had far too many of them
5. I have suggested more tournaments and when I did I did not feel reasons were required as it is easy to see why
6. Ashamed by it :lol:

DeletedUser13101

100 loyalty rounds are the best raised rounds. if you don't like the annhiliated, don't play them.

DeletedUser10769

100 loyalty rounds are the best raised rounds. if you don't like the annhiliated, don't play them.

Is it because it is the only round you can do good in :lol:

Moving on... Any tournaments planned in the upcoming months? (for the speed admin)

If not then get a move on please :) I already said this before and I will most probably say it again

Status
Not open for further replies.