The Coffee Shop

DeletedUser1410

thought building one account up in a tribe was against the rules Meh lol

DeletedUser8643

the whole idea is to provide a world where the casual 1 or 2 hour a day player can compete with us mega active 16 hour a day players.

If you played such a game, what would your tactics be? build mines up to level 30 or noble rush? If you noble rush what is the optimum mine levels in order to achieve that? remember 100% of your resources would have to come from mines.

More I think about it, the more interesting it becomes. I shall certainly play, come on it won't take any time at all till you have at least 10 villages. and the first to get a second village will be a real tactician not the one who is online the most.

DeletedUser

16 hour a day people aren't necessarily top 10. That's an invalid argument.

DeletedUser8643

no of course not, you still have to understand the tactics...but the fact is that everybody in the top 10 plays a lot more than we ought to

DeletedUser

So the only point in troops is to clear players for nobling meaning everyone would point-whore at the beginning?

DeletedUser

Going back to the co played accounts saga - (sorry)

I don't think theres any disputing that co played accounts have a massive advantaged, but i don't think at the start up.

I think co played accounts have greater advantages after several villages. Or an even greater advantages when your talking about 300/400 villages that are co played by 2 or 3 players compared to 300/400 villages played by 1 player (and i have experienced that first hand just recently).

so having a world that allows single players playing an account seems interesting to me and i think it would be very competitive imo, How to implement such a world is not something i can't even begin to think about with this sore head of mine this morning:(

Oh and happy new year to all:))

DeletedUser

It'd be pretty hard considering people play at work, play at home, play on their phones, meaning if you tried to use the IP to find out how many players are on the account, you'd end up banning a lot of people who aren't playing against the rules.
I think it's been discussed before somewhere but why not allow co-players? What's wrong with playing with a friend? :^)

DeletedUser

What's wrong with playing with a friend? :^)

tbh i don't think there anything wrong with playing with a friend but i go back to this -

I think co played accounts have greater advantages after several villages. Or an even greater advantages when your talking about 300/400 villages that are co played by 2 or 3 players compared to 300/400 villages played by 1 player.

When 1 person builds up an account for over a year putting 10/12 hours a day in and to see you get attacked by different accounts played by multiple players seems to defeat the object of the game to me.

trust me going to bed with 200 incomings all marked and accounted for, then waking up too 2000 is not fun, it takes TW away from being a game and more like work!!! imo

DeletedUser

no of course not, you still have to understand the tactics...but the fact is that everybody in the top 10 plays a lot more than we ought to

And since when has YOUR judgment on "plays more than they ought to" the correct one?

DeletedUser

I am sad, I have no friends within 10 miles of my house. I don't care if I game too much whilst on holidays. I go to a boarding school so my social skills can catch up then :) Stop whining.

DeletedUser8643

And since when has YOUR judgment on "plays more than they ought to" the correct one?

oh for heavens sake Ade, this forum is a place for us to express our opinions, that statement was my opinion, not a whine, not a judgement, not even a criticism, just an opinion, you may have a different but equally valid one on this subject,, doesn't mean mine is correct and yours is wrong, or vice versa.

If no-one expressed opinions or if we all had the same opinion then this forum would be awfully boring don't you think?

DeletedUser2722

oh for heavens sake Ade, this forum is a place for us to express our opinions

I agree, however, your statement of "the fact is that everybody in the top
10 plays a lot more than we ought to"
was more like a statement of false
facts, rather than an opinion...

... everyone has their own views on how much time is too much, or too little,
however, one thing is for sure; activity is key, but it will NEVER guarantee
mediocre players top ranks no matter how little they sleep!

--Abdo--

DeletedUser

oh for heavens sake Ade, this forum is a place for us to express our opinions, that statement was my opinion, not a whine, not a judgement, not even a criticism, just an opinion, you may have a different but equally valid one on this subject,, doesn't mean mine is correct and yours is wrong, or vice versa.

If no-one expressed opinions or if we all had the same opinion then this forum would be awfully boring don't you think?

You claimed people should be restricted to 3 hours a day of playing, to avoid players playing "more than they ought to". That's a qualitative description, and in your personal judgment, which may be hotly disagreed by many (as proven). Therefore your idea to restrict playing times fail, because no one will ever agree on what is "more than they ought to".

I agree, however, your statement of "the fact is that everybody in the top
10 plays a lot more than we ought to"
was more like a statement of false
facts, rather than an opinion...

... everyone has their own views on how much time is too much, or too little,
however, one thing is for sure; activity is key, but it will NEVER guarantee
mediocre players top ranks no matter how little they sleep!

--Abdo--

Activity is key to even giving yourself a CHANCE to get a top-rank. Well said, Abdo. ^

DeletedUser8768

I know you can't stop it
What I'm saying is it fair?

I thought your question meant you was asking if everyone thought if it should be stopped..

co-playing, should it be outlawed ? why because it give an advantage to that account?

As for being fair..

Yes, its fair

Everyone has the right to co-play

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6932

And on the topic of co-playing I would not have the time without a co-player it has helped me immensely and saved many accounts and people from leaving the game

I think it has kept more players in the game and improved my tw skill and knowledge having a good co-player

DeletedUser1410

I thought your question meant you was asking if everyone thought if it should be stopped..

co-playing, should it be outlawed ? why because it give an advantage to that account?

As for being fair..

Yes, its fair

Everyone has the right to co-play

yes your right everyone does have the right to be co played, But that said the main question one that I first posted and have tried to get back to, is does a co-played account have an advantage?

I've said before that I don't have a co but i'm in the top 20? with some co-played account below me, that doesn't mean I'm better at TW than them does it?
Back to the main question, does it give a advantage to that account?

DeletedUser5175

Ruffus - I think it does undoubtedly give an advantage to the account unless you choose a terrible co - your increased farming can only help

It's through this thread I learned you've never had a co - to form and lead the tribes you have done and keep decent rank whilst playing solo is a terrific achievement

On the other hand - being in the tribes you've been in you will have had easy access to very good sitters - and in a lot of ways this is similar to having a co, I know of some people in the same tribe who play different times and sit each other so they can both maximise farming. Slightly more work but it can pan out to the same effect as having a co player

DeletedUser1410

agreed lol
But I don't have someone sitting either lol
I one of them sad peeps that play 18 hours + a day lol

DeletedUser

co playing when i first started playing tw i was very anti about it. but as i have grown in w4 i feel that now i need one. it is impossible for me myself to attack anyone as i am not on the account to set up attacks. Everyone has different circumstances and circumstances change the further the world progresses. so yes my opinion has changed i do feel a co player should be allowed. you may say a sitter could do just aswell but then you come across sitting rules.

DeletedUser

Ruffus - I think it does undoubtedly give an advantage to the account unless you choose a terrible co - your increased farming can only help

It's through this thread I learned you've never had a co - to form and lead the tribes you have done and keep decent rank whilst playing solo is a terrific achievement

On the other hand - being in the tribes you've been in you will have had easy access to very good sitters - and in a lot of ways this is similar to having a co, I know of some people in the same tribe who play different times and sit each other so they can both maximise farming. Slightly more work but it can pan out to the same effect as having a co player

I know solo played that play more (in hours) than co-played accounts. Co-played accounts have the opportunity to be advantageous. It's not always that way. Sometimes it's two players who have very little time to play, coming together to equal the time of an average active player.