The Guide To The Paladin

DeletedUser

It only affects the axes in the same village as the Paladin.

DeletedUser

If I support my tribemate with my paladin with the Cat weapon will all of his cats be effected by my paladin

DeletedUser

Yes, but if there are 2 cat weapons they will work us 1.

DeletedUser

Cheers, that's fine. I've saved many a people with my cat weapon lol, best weapon =)

DeletedUser

The weapon, a good tribe and a few cats each is amazing.

DeletedUser

Vasco's sceptre ?

going back to the nobling weapon,,surely if you send more than 1 noble with the paladin it will double the loyalty loss ?

ie...paladin with 2 nobles will decrease at least 60...with 3 nobles at least 90...therefore you may get the village with 3 nobles and if not definitely a fourth...
has anyone tried this way or do you always send your nobles seperately ???

DeletedUser14

[fl]That doesn't work, you need to send them separate, sending more than one noble in a single attack is just a waste of time.
It has been tried and it doesn't work:)[/fl]

DeletedUser5377

The in-game weapon description for Carol's Morning Star is:-
Increases the damage done by rams by 100%. The wall is also damaged more in the first fighting phase.
Can anyone clarify what is meant by "The wall is also damaged more in the first fighting phase."?

DeletedUser

I guess it means that the Catapults do also work as rams? But I don't know if that's correct.

EDIT: I have no idea what they mean by 'first fighting phase'.

DeletedUser

If i'm correct (Which, is rare) "First fighting phase" is the damage done to the wall bonus by the rams, before the "Attack" is taken place.

I.e. 213 rams would take a level 20 wall down by 50% - Lowest it can go i beleive, Thus, effectively making it level 10 when the Axe/LC/Spears :3 hit.

That's my thought on it anyway...

DeletedUser

We really need a clarification from a Staff member.

Does it only work when the Paladin has it equipped, is in the attack, and the catapults are targeting the wall? Or does it assist rams? Or does it just bring down a part of the wall without anyone targeting it?

DeletedUser

The first stage attack happens with any attack Rams are sent with.

They can (At max) reduce the wall bonus to 50%.

The weapon only affects the Rams, so, no cats involved.

Basically, it just (i think, but staff clarification would help a lot) reduces the number of Rams it takes to reduce the wall bonus.

DeletedUser5377

Here's the response I got from support:-

support said:
The result of an attack is calculated internally in "several steps", but the exact details are secret.

All I can tell is that the rams are damaging the wall first a bit, then the remaining forces are fighting with the lowered wall. The catapults, in comparison to this, are fighting with all troops first and they will do damage afterwards.

So the 100% more damage takes place to the wall before your troops attack.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't be so sure that it's 100% more to the wall, just more.

DeletedUser5377

Just noticed something that I don't recall seing documented anywhere.

There appears a minimum travel time of 6 hours for a Paladin to relocate? I have two villages adjoining each other - yet it takes 6 hours for the paladin to relocate.

Maybe he is getting lost on the way ;-)

DeletedUser

Hi guys

I have a question that has been bugging me for a while now and hope you may be able to help....

If you hit a village and the paladin resides in the village, could taking out the statue kill the pali?? Its been bothering me for some time now and really hope you guys could help.

i'm trying to master ways of killing that damn bonfire haha!

cheers guys

Woodie78

:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

No, units are seperate from their buildings so you would have to kill the paladin. Destroying the statue would just increase the time for them to get their paladin back since they'd have to re-build their statue.

DeletedUser1370

You wouldn't be able to access the paladin's weapons either.

Hmmm... do weapons stay equipped if the statue is destroyed, or not?

DeletedUser

In my opinion you need to be lucky to get a good weapon. The best weapon for defense is for sure Aletheia's Bonfire. Making 2000 of those in a defense village (of course,it takes like 2 months with max level of workshop,but it's worth it) is like you have 10 normal full defense villages.