To all experienced players

DeletedUser

Hi, can anyone shed light on the comments I've highlighted below? How are barbs ever a hindrance? They don't send out attacks.

Do you mean that they provide resources for others?

I can't at present see a reason for ever nobling one.

thanks all

I think this is a valid point early game but dont you think that leaving all the barbs, while being useful for farming, could actually hinder you in the later stages.

I think the need to get rid of opponents is of course the first priority however once an area is secure - i mean like a few continents then surely nobling barbs is a sensible thing. I expect that this world will be littered with barbs and so you could probably noble half of them and still have enough for farming. I think you just have to get the balance right as the more villages you have got the more troops you have got (obvious i know), and deal with the guys who look down on you for doing it. Seems to be more common amongst the earlier worlds of .net though...

DeletedUser

Leaving all barbs in your cluster is sort of a risk in the future as a player far away could noble it build a church in it and then all his attacks on you become more powerful.
On none church worlds a player could noble a barb inside your cluster that is fairly safe, stack it and then from there build a mini cluster inside yours. This puts ur whole cluster at risk, and makes it harder for you to send defence to the frontlines

By nobling barbarians you get more villages which means more nukes/defence
However here he is talking way into the future, i would say about one or two years later. Also if your tribe control a massive area there might be no players near you that are not in your tribe: some would say build a new cluster on the edge of your tribe, others would say strengthen that cluster by nobling barbs, thus gaining more nukes/defence so when u start a new cluster/war you are more able to clear a village- noble it and then stack it

Hope that helped

DeletedUser

I'm a newb ( hopefully not a n00b) and this game has obviously seen many incarnations at other times.... I was wondering if the outcome is almost preset at this point? do 2 main tribes dominate the world at the end? does 1 tribe win? Or is it impossible to guess?

what you're talking about is about 4 years down the track
its not even worth thinking about yet

DeletedUser

And why not? What's so bad about wondering how the game ends, to see if there's a goal?

DeletedUser

This game is neverending I believe. However its best if you play as long as you are enjoying it.

Outcomes are different on almost everysingle world. However the following outcomes are the most seen.

* Dominated by a crappy family tribe due to their ridiculous number.

* Dominated by an alliance or 2-3 tribes.

* A rather big tribe gets others to attack a particular tribe with good players which is a only possible threat to them. After that the big tribes nobles out all the smaller craps that helped them. Yes I am talking about TV ;).

There can be various other endings, but meh cigarettes damaged my brainss, I cant think :p.

DeletedUser61

I'm a newb ( hopefully not a n00b) and this game has obviously seen many incarnations at other times.... I was wondering if the outcome is almost preset at this point? do 2 main tribes dominate the world at the end? does 1 tribe win? Or is it impossible to guess?

Check DNY on world 12, they have over half the worlds points

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=78917

hopefully this world will be more interesting then that one, a few challenging for the top spot.

DeletedUser

And why not? What's so bad about wondering how the game ends, to see if there's a goal?

yeah fair enough
just how she put the question made it seem like it was a short-term, or foreseeable thing, that was all i was referring to really

DeletedUser

Barbs are your resource factories. Why would you want to noble them? Unless you moving location, nobling Barbs (especially in your local vacinity) is like shooting yourself in the foot. I've seen players noble every village in their surroundings and all they do is slowly suffocate for their trouble.

I despise barb nobling. There's no skill in it!

Beat the crap out of the other players or die trying - it's a WAR GAME!
Best way though no one will ever agree to would be for barbs to get deleted after 72hrs

DeletedUser

Best way though no one will ever agree to would be for barbs to get deleted after 72hrs

Deleting Barbs after 72 hours would kill all the farms, and still suffocates the players anyway.

But even if there was a way to implement a no-noble barb function there'd still be alot of people up in arms, and people noble barbs for other reasons too :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Didn't mind to read the whole thread, so this may have been commented :p

A newb and a noob is the pure same thing. Newbie = n00b | n00b = newbie

Wrong you are my friend.

A newbie is someone who is still new to this game and has the heart and brain to learn from others and do good.

A noob is an idiot who never learns, acts idiotic and still doesnt learn after years of playing.

DeletedUser

Wrong you are my friend.

A newbie is someone who is still new to this game and has the heart and brain to learn from others and do good.

A noob is an idiot who never learns, acts idiotic and still doesnt learn after years of playing.

Strange thing is there's a large amount of newbies who eventually turn into noobs :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

Strange thing is there's a large amount of newbies who eventually turn into noobs :icon_sad:
This is why I have a lot of respect for teaching tribes. Its good to see knowledgeable players take their time and a world to teach newbs how to play to prevent them from becoming noobs..

DeletedUser

Wrong you are my friend.

A noob is someone who, even when they get totally destroyed, refuse to accept the fact that they suck. They never make attempts to learn and never take advice.