Top 5 tribes Opinions

DeletedUser4753

Rate tribes as you like points/opinions/grunts, all noise in this quiet place is good (just not drivel!)

Anyway:

1. SHAC 9/10

Been rank 1 for a while now, wouldn't go so far as looking dominant however everything looks in place to make things happen, situated mainly east, nearest competitors come in the shape of WG,WC:) and the cruz family.

Leadership
looks to be Four seasons and Higgs boson, never had the pleasure of talking to these 2 however, four seasons comes as a proven decent player( a important attribute for leadership) and everyone seems to rate higgs boson very highly.

Diplo and public view
Recent forum activity shows diplomacy break down with WC:), firstly I think this shows good leadership to have said nap with a big competitor to avoid early conflict, secondly was good to see leadership standing up for its members views, sure the nap a little longer couldnt do too much harm, however the decision to be firm about protecting members 15x15's I respect. A few intelligent and active-ish posters from what Ive seen seems nice balance of personality's to ego's.

Future?
I know the breaking of nap doesn't mean war, however i expect SHAC to eat a few convenient WC:) players good for growth, and WC:) to likely take offense and sign there suicide note and declare, but who's to know.
EDIT:(removed as not speed players affter all)

2.WG 8/10

Rank 2 tribe and at the moment all i can say is the only way is up, I don't see lower tribes challenging without merges and if my theory on speed players stands true, these are the guys to take their spot.

Leadership
Lead by gooders17, can't say Ive heard of them nor spoke, however if its the same guy or leadership team as in W11 then its the sorta person/people you want at the helm, also this does show they are not merely a team of start up pro's and should have the caliber to follow on through.

Diplo and public view
Has been rather quite concerning public interaction(no drama perhaps showing solidity)? They have some good posters as well so its not like they are not about.
I do have a major criticism, the family tribe! :(
Now almost everything for this tribe Ive said so far is quite positive, however I will never understand why any tribe, let alone one with such high prospects, invests time effort and increases its exposure, to make a less able copy of themselves, imo idiocy.

Future?
I have a hunch these guys are destined for rank 1, but whatever rank they end up in as world progresses there very nice cluster to the north is compact and evidently isn't slowing growth quite as much as people maybe thought. So even if they are not destined for big things, they will be there and there for a long time. I hope they do cut and run from W-G but time and time again people do just invest in numbers to bypass world rules, Ive seen a 4 tribe family tribe on a world with 1000 point limit(sigh ye i know) that said definitely one to watch.

3.WC:) 5/10

Current rank 3, contrary to WG, I see these fella's doomed, in amongst a few imo better tribes, prematurely busting some useful diplo they had, its doesn't look good, the only tribe in top 5 to lose a village as well to SHAC.
That said i recognize a few names who are really good players and are definitely worthy of a top tribe on this world.

Leadership
Duke'd by mycool, not too experienced i think, though Ive been wrong before, has to take full responsibility for the SHAC nap cancellation, and the very possible ending of WC:) with it. The decision to make a family tribe in itself is a silly one, the decision after making said tribe to include players in there best piece of diplo's church's is another bad one, the decision to not revoke the decision after obvious disapproval from nap again a poor one.
Not being a push over as a leader is a essential quality, unfortunately this quality does run along a thin line with stubbornness, and i feel WC:) may have been a tad on the wrong side of the line this time.

Diplo and public view
The ending of WC:)'s diplo with SHAC did become quite public, unfortunately we did see these guys in a bad light, not saying both sides did not play there part but did put a negative slant on WC:), that said an apology was given which really does show character so can't dwell forever on it. Unfortunately I don't recall too much external talk from these fella's, this isn't necessarily a bad thing as Ive know one or two very deadly tribes who kept off the forum, (though spam skype like i don't know what) :)
tbh i think people will still look at these guys in a positive light, they haven't come across as offensive and nasty so how much can you rate someone for forum post's on a bad day. These guys have a family tribe so -1 point from the start though ;)

Future
Ill be blunt, as mentioned these guys do have one or two really good players, i personally think they will not hold a tribe together despite their ability, they will go down fighting or move on.
Either way 6months down the line (likely much sooner) there will not be a WC:). On w13 anyway.

4 Cruz 6/10

rank 4 and 13 tribes, yikes another family tribe, will I ever see a legit tribe again lol.
Im hearing good things about cruz, I also recognize a few good people their. Situated nicely in k55 amongst SHAC but they do have a sort of natural warfront/safe zone layout of vills, so perhaps a tad harder to route as other tribes.

Leadership
can't say i recognize any of the head bunch, TrUe WaRrIor or PaleRider, that said looks like they have played it well so far, no early conflicts and looks like with their family tribe (grrr) they can control their k, Im not sure how they are set up with diplo but a nap with SHAC to go west could be nice, alternatively get pally with another high ranking tribe and have a bash at taking w13 by its nuts, its off the ball but not unheard of.

Diplo and public view
Cant recall a big cruz input on externals(again not a bad thing) but despite this I am hearing positive opinions, they either are a good tribe to be watched or are putting themselves across well in there talks or both, either way not making unwanted enemies at any time is good, but to avoid it in the early stages is very useful
Anyway put your hands up if your cruz then i know :D

Future?
I think they will either make it big or be eaten and never have made a mark, the family tribe doesn't show me signs of there confidence in themselves.
One to watch though, if what Ive said so far proves true then the good guys in WC:) might give them fire power to go giant killing ;)

5. TBR 7/10
TBR excite me for some reason, weather its the crazy chucky like doll, the use of the word "Butcher" in tw, or a vampire-ishly name duke "Lord Guido Von Steghead".
South west in a k to themselves apart from some nooby family tribes
"sausages anyone"<-- low quality meat gag, (nvm) :)

leadership
Lord Guido Von Steghead, I guess he sounds cool doesn't suffice, i think the show of his leadership has yet to come, fell lucky not to end up in a k with some big hitters its his moves that could see TBR eat up the k and go on to bigger and better things.

Diplo and public view
Again maybe there are posters out their but not whom Ive recognized What i would like to see is sod diplo and remove restrictions with this tribe butcher the k, I personally think if these guys forget the usually ill nap you and get you later when you have 100's of villies and go head hunting, I fancy them to come out on top, as Jaam said "when the wolves attack the lambs scatter" these guys despite my interest still don't avoid the -1 for getting a family tribe despite strangely quoting something abut there only being one.

Future
If they hug people, family tribes will either bog them down, or throw enough spear nukes to do some damage, either way i think they need to be really aggressive, if they are they would come out war hardened and a whole k to themselves and perhaps rinse and repeat.

Outside top 5

Outside the top 5 i like the look of:
Cloak good duke and some notable players
tmn have a good bunch as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11183

Great post; only problem is we are not speed players :/

DeletedUser4753

Lol my poor research, figured four seasons was, and saw a tribe called SHAC, silly me

DeletedUser

Yes great post, but don't judge me when you judge this tribe, as I'm an amateur in comparison.

DeletedUser4753

Amatuers are tomorows pro's, tribes that appreciate that and put in the effort for fresh prospects i have the most respect for.

In other words, take ya 9 and scoot :D

DeletedUser

I have been many players,Speed yes, But most my time was spent on normal worlds. Majority of players have dabbled in speed, but the majority i know from uk12. Great bunch of players.

And i have to say cracking post, Not to long winded, kept me reading from start to finish, good evaluation on other tribes. Will put my 2 cents up later,

+1

DeletedUser2918

just as an addition to this thread (hope you dont mind d1mension chap) here's the top 5 tribes as of today. I've included their families so people have a 'true' idea of their layout.

if people prefer however i'll put in a seperate thread. I'll try and update it every now and again as well so we can see progression.

worldmapcm31072012publish.png

DeletedUser

Eastern hemisphere is going to be bloody. I'd be interested to know the diplomacy of the top 5. Anyone is willing to share?

DeletedUser

We should be quite safe up here In the north west to dominate our K in peace ;D

DeletedUser10601

This was a great read, it's good to hear how outsiders see us.
Did you want us to post our own evaluations in response?

DeletedUser4753

Please do I too like to know peoples takes on things

DeletedUser9598

We should be quite safe up here In the north west to dominate our K in peace ;D

Dont be so sure about this mate :icon_evil:

Good read D1mension, really enjoyed it :)

DeletedUser

"can't say i recognize any of the head bunch, TrUe WaRrIor or PaleRider, that said looks like they have played it well so far, no early conflicts and looks like with their family tribe (grrr) they can control their k, "

Good write-up, quite fair on the whole considering your apparent lack of knowledge about Cruz or its origins. So I guess I'll have to own up. I'm PaleRider and have been since UK10. Before that I played as Jessiecat on many worlds including UK5 where I was the founder of Cruz and co-duke. And anyone from that world will know the record of our leading player True Warrior.
The fact is that Cruz on W13 is largely a bunch of players from W5 reuniting under our old banner, mostly under our old igns though a few, like myself, have changed their username. Your point about family tribes is well-taken as I don't like them either. But with so many friends reuniting and an excessively-low member limit to accomodate them it left us no choice but to form a 2nd tribe. Call it a family if you like but not an academy. I prefer to see us as two branches of the same firm with a single board of directors and shared goals and ambitions. Of course there is the problem of not being allowed to support each other officially though as experienced players will realise, there are ways and means to get around that. :)

DeletedUser

Good read well thought out points but this whole family thing seems to be ruining this world 20 tribe limit excited me but everyone just seems to have stayed with 40members excluding Shac so they get +1 from me on that

DeletedUser

"can't say i recognize any of the head bunch, TrUe WaRrIor or PaleRider, that said looks like they have played it well so far, no early conflicts and looks like with their family tribe (grrr) they can control their k, "

Good write-up, quite fair on the whole considering your apparent lack of knowledge about Cruz or its origins. So I guess I'll have to own up. I'm PaleRider and have been since UK10. Before that I played as Jessiecat on many worlds including UK5 where I was the founder of Cruz and co-duke. And anyone from that world will know the record of our leading player True Warrior.
The fact is that Cruz on W13 is largely a bunch of players from W5 reuniting under our old banner, mostly under our old igns though a few, like myself, have changed their username. Your point about family tribes is well-taken as I don't like them either. But with so many friends reuniting and an excessively-low member limit to accomodate them it left us no choice but to form a 2nd tribe. Call it a family if you like but not an academy. I prefer to see us as two branches of the same firm with a single board of directors and shared goals and ambitions. Of course there is the problem of not being allowed to support each other officially though as experienced players will realise, there are ways and means to get around that. :)

Oh so your in Cruz? Funny, which account?

DeletedUser

As I said, Shifty. I founded Cruz on W5 as Jessiecat. Now I'm in Cruz on W13 as PaleRider. Try and keep up, mate. lol :lol:

DeletedUser

No I just didn't bother reading your post fully :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

great post, good reading. Can totally understand your feelings on us although I hope we prove otherwise. We lost a vill to SHAC but 3 have now been taken although this does not show up on stats as SHAC kick their players when they lose their troops, or have done so far anyway.

The acad was without doubt bad judgement at the time, but I am not sure I am too upset about losing the alliance with SHAC, their confidence is great and some really strong players and good leadership, but this amount of bravado usually ends in tears, they are hugging at the moment agreeing NAPs with the likes of AOD as they are seeing some trouble but an alliance with WG is a good move for them, despite WG having an academy, and as long as the WG academy and tribe does not spread towards SHAC then there could be potential here.

However these early days tend to see a lot of tribes who will not be there in the end. This is a small world with some good players and some clever merging and diplomacy could quite easily change the tables

DeletedUser

3.WC:) 5/10

Leadership
Duke'd by mycool, not too experienced i think, though Ive been wrong before.

You are pretty right. Was duke of a number of tribes on .net from world 7 onwards. Not really got into my stride too much on UK simply down to not quite finding the right teams but interested in 13 at the moment. Also had a great game and won world 9 recently ...thought that was worth adding in there
:icon_biggrin: