Tutorial Reward Stupid?

DeletedUser

First time for me, experiencing with this stupid tutorial reward. Basically when you get someone to restart, they are bound to have done the tutorial and have 5 spears in their village. They restart, you think 'yippee' a barb to farm, you farm, lose troops on every single barb around you.

Currently I have done this twice, I had my pally at around 12 ST, died on first barb:

Attacker: Xtinguishor
Origin: Restarting is Wise. (482|489) K44

Quantity: 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0
Losses: 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0
Your paladin Paladin has died.

Defender: ---
Destination: Bonus village (482|490) K44

Quantity: 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Haul: 39 39 47 125/125

I then waited 3 hours to build the pally again, around 15 ST i sent another attack on a different barb:

Attacker: Xtinguishor
Origin: Restarting is Wise. (482|489) K44

Quantity: 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0

Destination: Barbarian village (481|489) K44

Haul: 86 89 25 200/200

What a surprise, another loss...

It's just defeated the purpose for me to bother again. There are probably ways around this with the reward in the tutorial in place, however i'd like to see it go. Because it's rather annoying.

DeletedUser8153

You shouldnt farm barbarian villages that have over the start up points ^^

DeletedUser

You shouldnt farm barbarian villages that have over the start up points ^^

True, but the old version was better, without the tutorial reward. So you can actually farm all barbs without losing your troops.

Let's say the tutorial reward is for 'noob's' at the game. Well there is nothing worse for players to start playing the game, to lose their troops on something they didn't know about. If this was the first time playing for me. I would have left the game thinking it was a waste of time.

DeletedUser

[clt]that bonus was prolly spiked.. dont think players turn into bonus barbs when they tap out.[/clt]

DeletedUser

[clt]that bonus was prolly spiked.. dont think players turn into bonus barbs when they tap out.[/clt]

True, but the theory isn't wrong, people will join, do the tut and then get either forced to restart or decide to.

DeletedUser

True, but the theory isn't wrong, people will join, do the tut and then get either forced to restart or decide to.

[clt]Maybe the old restart mail strategy needs a rethink :icon_wink:

Dont know if u did or not, but just a point.[/clt]

DeletedUser

I've just come back from quitting to play for like a week. But i'll be going back to quitting tomorrow because of this.

Basically, this whole new tutorial reward is stupid in my eyes. It ruins the game if you ask me.

DeletedUser

I disagree that the tutorial reward should be removed. It gives the lesser players more of a chance and makes those who would normally fly through BP, go that little bit faster. Plus, the resource bonuses are very useful in the start-up strategy, allowing (particularly on a Paladin world) the Barracks and Resource Pits to be built right from the off.

I too have hit a barb containing 5 pesky spears, and I admit it set me back a little, but thats what I get for not paying attention to those around me.

Attacker: Tmesis
Origin: 44-78-19 (471|489) K44

Quantity: 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0

Destination: Barbarian village (472|491) K44

I would also like to point out, that your time for having your first paladin built is a little inaccurate, seeing as it cannot have been before 13:00 ST

DeletedUser

Its hardly a huge change that'll dramatically effect everything :D

It just gives players more of a chance. Perhaps its a good thing that making players restart isn't as effective?

DeletedUser8153

I've just come back from quitting to play for like a week. But i'll be going back to quitting tomorrow because of this.

Basically, this whole new tutorial reward is stupid in my eyes. It ruins the game if you ask me.
How on earth does it ruin the game?
The start up stage is the most boring and most insignificant stage in tribalwars. And if you honestly think it isn't, your a fool.

Its just in place to give new players a bit of help early on so they don't get farmed and trampled on by the "experienced players" 2 days into the world. In case you had not noticed, this game is rapidly decreasing in members.

DeletedUser

I disagree that the tutorial reward should be removed. It gives the lesser players more of a chance and makes those who would normally fly through BP, go that little bit faster. Plus, the resource bonuses are very useful in the start-up strategy, allowing (particularly on a Paladin world) the Barracks and Resource Pits to be built right from the off.

I too have hit a barb containing 5 pesky spears, and I admit it set me back a little, but thats what I get for not paying attention to those around me.

Attacker: Tmesis
Origin: 44-78-19 (471|489) K44

Quantity: 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0

Destination: Barbarian village (472|491) K44

I would also like to point out, that your time for having your first paladin built is a little inaccurate, seeing as it cannot have been before 13:00 ST

Well, i disagree that it helps newcomers. They will join the world, do the tutorial etc... But then they will farm a barb - most likely be a barb that has those pesky 5 spears in, lose their pally, most of their spears. They will decide to leave the game because they find it pointless.

In my opinion, it acts against helping newcomers into the game, and also p1ss3s off people who currently play the game.
I've been set back twice now.

DeletedUser8327

[clt]Maybe the old restart mail strategy needs a rethink :icon_wink:

Dont know if u did or not, but just a point.[/clt]

RE enlarged:
hmmm, maybe clt just gave us the inside goss as to why they have been gifted..an inogames way of saying we want it too stop.... just an observation ?

cogitating !

DeletedUser

How on earth does it ruin the game?
The start up stage is the most boring and most insignificant stage in tribalwars. And if you honestly think it isn't, your a fool.

Its just in place to give new players a bit of help early on so they don't get farmed and trampled on by the "experienced players" 2 days into the world. In case you had not noticed, this game is rapidly decreasing in members.

If anything, it makes it worse because it makes the quick start-up players to go even quicker and therefore make it easier for them to trample over and farm the inexperienced.

I agree with your point though that start-up is insignificant. But if i am striving to stay in the top 5 from a early stage into the later stage, then i can't now, due to my major set back from the rest.

DeletedUser

[clt]Try something different, challenge yourself... dont do the old lazy methods. Dont forget that everyone is in the same boat. And all those new players out there.. i dont think that these modifications ruin the game for them, quite the opposite.

RE enlarged:
hmmm, maybe clt just gave us the inside goss as to why they have been gifted..an inogames way of saying we want it too stop.... just an observation ?

cogitating !

Nope sorry, this isnt true at all.[/clt]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

[clt]Try something different, challenge yourself... dont do the old lazy methods. Dont forget that everyone is in the same boat. And all those new players out there.. i dont think that these modifications ruin the game for them, quite the opposite.[/clt]

Read my other two posts, maybe it changes your mind to why it doesn't help newcomers?

DeletedUser8153

If anything, it makes it worse because it makes the quick start-up players to go even quicker and therefore make it easier for them to trample over and farm the inexperienced.

I agree with your point though that start-up is insignificant. But if i am striving to stay in the top 5 from a early stage into the later stage, then i can't now, due to my major set back from the rest.
Then, the lesson here is to think carefully about what villages you farm. And not make silly threads moaning because of your own lack of common sense ;)

DeletedUser

Then, the lesson here is to think carefully about what villages you farm. And not make silly threads moaning because of your own lack of common sense ;)

Will the inexperienced newcomers think carefully about what villages they farm? No, they are just eager to do their first farm run and gain more resources. But they won't they will lost their troops instead.