Tutorial Reward Stupid?

DeletedUser

Read my other two posts, maybe it changes your mind to why it doesn't help newcomers?

[clt]Your missing the bigger picture.. this is guiding new players towards how to majorly boost their income... when i first played this game, i just built mines and didnt really catch onto how big farming can be. This is pointing those new players in the right direction.. Its not just about gifting them with 5 spears.[/clt]

DeletedUser

Mitchnom, I do not think he is on about the fact it tells you to do something and loses them, I think he is frustrated that he lost his pally to someone using those 5spearmen to spike a barbarian.

My response though, is EVERYONE has to deal with this, you just got unlucky! Look on the bright side, it's now going to take them longer than 3hours to get another 5spears.

DeletedUser8324

it helps the newcomers and btw newcomers mostly always come halfwayt through a world wanting to start an account once they get on the site so the spike wouldent be 5 spears..and mostly always halfway through the world theres people with so many more villas and noone spikes barbs in the middle of a world....(unless you are wicked wicked awesome)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why not send and then press cancel :icon_rolleyes:

This isn't a thread about sending the 5 spears during the tut. It's about the result of having the tut reward when players restart, and you attempt to farm them.

DeletedUser

If anything, it makes it worse because it makes the quick start-up players to go even quicker and therefore make it easier for them to trample over and farm the inexperienced.

I agree with your point though that start-up is insignificant. But if i am striving to stay in the top 5 from a early stage into the later stage, then i can't now, due to my major set back from the rest.

[sa]If your striving for top five, and find this a world crushing setback then your doing it all wrong :icon_rolleyes:[/sa]

DeletedUser

it helps the newcomers and btw newcomers mostly always come halfwayt through a world wanting to start an account once they get on the site so the spike wouldent be 5 spears..and mostly always halfway through the world theres people with so many more villas and noone spikes barbs in the middle of a world....(unless you are wicked wicked awesome)

Why? I can say what i want, mate. I don't understand what you are trying to say though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Mitchnom, I do not think he is on about the fact it tells you to do something and loses them, I think he is frustrated that he lost his pally to someone using those 5spearmen to spike a barbarian.

My response though, is EVERYONE has to deal with this, you just got unlucky! Look on the bright side, it's now going to take them longer than 3hours to get another 5spears.

Your not understanding properly. :icon_confused:
It's me who had to wait the 6 hours to get another pally to start farming again. I couldn't care less about people around me's 5 spears loss and the time it takes for them to get them back.

DeletedUser

[sa]If your striving for top five, and find this a world crushing setback then your doing it all wrong :icon_rolleyes:[/sa]

Fair point, but it's still a big setback. I've wasted my day, waiting for the pally to be built, twice, and then it dying, twice. I'd rather not do it again.

DeletedUser8153

So what, youve lost 6 hours?

These worlds last years ^^ and your moaning about 6 hours!?

hardly a "big" setback

DeletedUser

So what, youve lost 6 hours?

These worlds last years ^^ and your moaning about 6 hours!?

hardly a "big" setback

Fair point, but it's still a big setback. I've wasted my day, waiting for the pally to be built, twice, and then it dying, twice. I'd rather not do it again. Think of it in RL terms. Do you want to wait another 3 hours, to finally get your pally to farm.

DeletedUser8153

Fair point, but it's still a big setback. I've wasted my day, waiting for the pally to be built, twice, and then it dying, twice. I'd rather not do it again.
If you have spent all your day playing TW, then you DEFINETELY have wasted your day imo :lol:

DeletedUser

If you have spent all your day playing TW, then you DEFINETELY have wasted your day imo :lol:

I didn't say i've been playing it non-stop, coming back to it every now and again. But to come back to it and see my pally die again, i'd rather not come back to it at all now. :lol:

DeletedUser8327

[clt]Your missing the bigger picture.. this is guiding new players towards how to majorly boost their income... when i first played this game, i just built mines and didnt really catch onto how big farming can be. This is pointing those new players in the right direction.. Its not just about gifting them with 5 spears.[/clt]

i agree fully on this clt, however i do have a query !
if this is true then why have them auto send them, yes we can cancel because we know better, but if a new player does not cancel the sent spears, he or she will loose at least one spear on the basic village defense because they wont know to wait until the pally is in the attack party, they then may try again and yet another dies, or even 2-3 if luck is bad, this may also lead them to not farm through fear of troop loss..and well if they hit a restart with the 5 in im sure farming will be the last thing they do for a while anyway...

DeletedUser

i agree fully on this clt, however i do have a query !
if this is true then why have them auto send them, yes we can cancel because we know better, but if a new player does not cancel the sent spears, he or she will loose at least one spear on the basic village defense because they wont know to wait until the pally is in the attack party, they then may try again and yet another dies, or even 2-3 if luck is bad, this may also lead them to not farm through fear of troop loss..and well if they hit a restart with the 5 in im sure farming will be the last thing they do for a while anyway...

[clt]I think when you start involving the pally and everything its getting too complicated, this is just a quick tutorial. The objectives here are to show that barbs are loaded with resources that can be easily obtained, and how to do this. New players dont know what barbs are, for all they know each barb could be loaded with 100s of troops. This is just a gentle nudge in the right direction. I dont think anyone cries over losing a few spears, if they did nothing to earn those spears in the first place.[/clt]

DeletedUser8327

as usual, very thorough in your replies clt, now when a noob gets the nouse to join the forum and he/she reads this thread they may just be that much more aware. nicely put.

DeletedUser

Attacker:Feel Da Beat Origin:DoesItHurt? (531|490) K45
unit_spear.png
unit_sword.png
unit_axe.png
unit_archer.png
unit_spy.png
unit_light.png
unit_marcher.png
unit_heavy.png
unit_ram.png
unit_catapult.png
unit_knight.png
unit_snob.png
Quantity: 1000000000010 Losses: 100000000000 Paladin: Paladin, no item.
Defender:--- Destination:Barbarian village (530|490) K45
unit_spear.png
unit_sword.png
unit_axe.png
unit_archer.png
unit_spy.png
unit_light.png
unit_marcher.png
unit_heavy.png
unit_ram.png
unit_catapult.png
unit_knight.png
unit_snob.png
Quantity: 300000000000 Losses: 300000000000
Haul:
holz.png
lehm.png
eisen.png
121 325/325

DeletedUser

I mean, i suppose the resources as a reward are fine, there is no harm done here. The resources can help here. But the spears, i think is a little too much, due to earlier points. If the village turns barb it basically turns into a spiked village.

DeletedUser

Just lost a few hours worth of farming because I didn't know about this reward. My own fault I guess.

DeletedUser

Just lost a few hours worth of farming because I didn't know about this reward. My own fault I guess.

Doing tutorial takes what :p 10 secs yet you skipped it; and with all the flashy arrows! how could you resist?